The O.C.

The Shape of Things to Come

Aired Thursday 9:00 PM Sep 15, 2005 on FOX

• Exactly what i have been waiting for.

Previous to this episode everything from summer\'s (not character) past is seemed to be behind them, but within the first 5 minutes we find out that Marissa Cooper and Ryan Atwood is endangered of being kicked out of school. This episode was very realistic and something important to lots of people. Being kicked out of your school senior year does not look all that get on any application, especially along with shooting someone. This episode was exactly what I wanted happen, something really important. When Marissa is told she has been kicked out of school, while Ryan has not, it brings your emotions to a new level. We are worried what is going to happen to Marissa both academically and socially. All of the characters deal with this differently. Summer believes that she must make up for Marissa being gone and stand up to Taylor Townsend, a girl who is convinced she is going to take over Marissa place at Harbor. Summer causes drama, and wins of course, adding some happiness to this episode. Seth did not really have a reaction except for being strong for his girlfriend. Ryan feels guilty and he and Marissa finally fight over the Trey incident. They make up and decide to go to the kick off carnival, and that is where the new dean of discipline arrives and decided to throw Marissa out of the carnival, when Dean Hess grabs Marissa\'s arm aggressively, Ryan defends his girlfriend by punching Dean Hess, bringing some of the old school O.C back. As Ryan and Marissa leave the carnival, Marissa stops and looks into the carnival through a chain linked fence looking extremely sad and Ryan comes towards her and buts is arm around her shoulder and guides away, by doing that we see the affection and love between the two characters that I have personally yet to see since they made up in season two. This episode was full of emotion and it was exactly what I have been waiting for.