The Odd Couple

Felix is Missing

Aired Unknown Dec 10, 1970 on ABC

• Felix has to go out on a late night photo shoot, and leaves a note which Oscar somehow misses, and Felix is thought to be dead. The cops think Oscar did him in, though there is no body. But Felix turns up and all is back to normal.

6.2
    Having the 1st season of this series on DVD affords me the opportunity to take another look at episodes I may not have thought strongly about the first time I saw and gives me the chance to re-evaluate. This was one. However seeing it again doesnt change my original belief that this was one of the weakest 1st season episodes. Just the assumption by the cops that Oscar could have been capable of murder takes this show down a path that is too dark to believe. Then add the fact that there was no body and so much conclusion jumping made this episode completely absurd. Now if there had been some build up first, perhaps an argument between Felix and Oscar, perhaps it might have worked, but this is one of the few episodes in the whole series where there is virtually no interaction at all between them through the entire episode.And possibly thats another reason it is so weak, because there is no tension between the room mates in this episodes. While this show could do dark humor as well as any show of the period, I dont think Im ready for it to be THAT dark!