The Odd Couple

It's All Over Now, Baby Bird

Aired Unknown Dec 03, 1970 on ABC

• Felixs pet parrot Albert passes away,and he blames Oscar,so Oscar tries to help to find a proper resting place.They end up at a pet cemetary,where after haggling and going through a funeral,Albert turns out to be alive(He was only in a coma!)

This darkly humorous episode remains one of the funnist in the series,from Oscar and Felixs attempts to bury Albert to the pet cemetary,which climaxes in the discovery that Albert is still alive.There is some great satirical looks at death and funerals.The scene at the funeral after Albert is found alive is priceless.In order to get his moneys worth,Oscar is forced to kill his "pet" fly,Sol!That scene still makes laugh so hard it hurts.Although the plot is somewhat a departure from the usual 'fight but still remember the friendship' episodes that are usually among the best episodes,and we never see Albert again(I prefer to think he really did go on to die,or Oscar killed him),I love the satire.

• I really don't like humorous things about death

5.7
    Oscar was a jerk in this episode. He is loud and obnoxious, but never really a jerk. He was mean to Felix, he was mean to the Pigeon Sisters, he was just a jerk. Wanting to throw the bird in the garbage chute, in the river, in central park. He was not his typical self. Another thing I didn't like at all was the bird got better at the end and flew away and then Oscar smacked the fly dead and gave it a funeral bird did come back to the apartment (how did it know the way home) and by that point I didn't;t care about Felix or his bird. As of right now this is my least favorite episode of the series.
  • this episode is one of the very best of the whole series no doubt. every devoted fan remembers this one when this series is mentioned

Felix Pet overdoses, which was given to him by the pigeon sisters overdoses on medicine and dies, and it's up to the duo to find a decent place to bury the animal. after numerous tries they end up on a pet cemetery, but all is not how it seems, and what ends up being buried is Oscar's new pet fly.
    if you haven't seen this one GO, NOW!. it's so great. from the cop in drag, to Oscar's line, "they are PEOPLE". the scene where they make the arrangements for the funeral is hillarious, specially if you watch Oscar getting madder and madder at the silliness of it all, in contrast to the calm of the pet cemetery employ.
    this is surely on the series top 20. watch it if you come across it