The Office

Cocktails

Aired Thursday 9:00 PM Feb 22, 2007 on NBC

• the love contract

Relationships are hard and this episode shows that.

Jim, Karen, Michael and Jan go to a party hosted by the CFO, David Wallace. It was funny the reasons Jim came up (pointless, did I say that) for not going to the party. This season was my first watching this show. so my opinion on Karen may be different from those that have watched it from the start. There are some people that didn't like her, even hated. Before this episode it was indifferent for me but this one changed that. Her joke on Jim was a little mean. The jokes that Pam did on Jim earlier in the series were more cute. Karen's on Jim was not. Dwight was probably funniest at the party. Him going over and above the house was very funny. Michael was also funny at the party being his usual self made even more funny with Jan. Yet another step in the complicated realtionship of Jan and Michael happens at the party. The ride home with Jan and Michael with Dwight in the back was also funny.

Pam and Roy are back together as a couple but this time Pam is a new person. I like this new Pam. Great acting by Pam when Roy said that Pam can't keep secrets from him. I enjoyed seeing everyone at the bar. What Toby did or tried to do for Pam but eventually his daughter was a situation that could've been awkward. I think on some level Pam knows how Toby feels about her. Pam's confession to Roy was a great set up for the next episode.

This was a a very good episode that might not have been good as others but still very enjoyable. If you watch this on DVD, check out the deleted scenes.