The Office

Dinner Party

Aired Thursday 9:00 PM Apr 10, 2008 on NBC

• I was shocked to see this episode having such a high rating. I think the rating is more for just the show being back then the episode being good because quite frankly this episode was one of the worst of the entire series.

That might sound like a major insult but think about all the other episodes of the show that were just far better than this. Every episode of this season far surpasses this episode and thats just this season, I won't go into previous seasons. It felt completely out of character, very few parts actually made me laugh and the awkwardness between the characters I myself actually felt while watching this episode.

They made Jan seem like a complete weirdo which she never used to be. She actually made Michael seem semi normal. Angela made a comment that she noticed how Pam was looking at Michael... come on, Angela would never say that. Jan and Michael constantly saying "Babe" to each other, they never did that before so how do they bring that into this episode.

The whole argument with Michael and Jan just wasn't funny and went on far too long. I'm sure most people won't agree with me because their judgment is clouded but I think people should be rating the episode for what it is and not just rate it high because the show is now back after the strike.

Overall this episode felt totally out of place and out of character. In all honesty this is probably the worst episode of the office ever and I should rate it a 1(relative to the rest of the episodes)