The Office

Drug Testing

Aired Thursday 9:00 PM Apr 27, 2006 on NBC

• Some drugs are found

The start of the episode was pretty funny. Some pot is found outside the office and Dwight turns this into a full blown investigation. It was funny how much effort he put into this. The only parts of this episode was how Michael got Dwight to supply him his urine. Granted Michael didn't smoke the pot intentionally but how he got Dwight was little over the line. It was similar to the basketball episode in season 1. Also you never find out who actually did the joint. The meeting Michael had was pretty funny. I liked how tried to convey how much he hates drugs. Also how Dwight investigated people was funny too. The best part was when he talked to Creed and he mentioned an actual pot name and Dwight brushed it off. However the best part of this episode was the joke Pam played on Jim. It was done perfectly. I also loved how Jim complied by the rules. The back and forth was amazing. I think it was the best moment so for this season. Also if you watch this episode, check out the deleted scenes. You find out actually did it. And if you had been watching closely, it doesn't surprise you.

Lots of genuine laughs tonight on The Office, we got yet another classic Office episode that was solely based on Dwight. We've got a lot of funny moments such as Kevin needing a magazine just for a urine sample or Dwight mentioning that his pee was green before.

We also got a great Jim and Pam moment leading up to the finale. Jim has something important to to tell Pam but he can't for some reason. Him not talking throughout the episode because of jinx was absolutely hysterical. Overall just a very enjoyable episode of The Office with a lot of laughs, don't miss this one, it really defines this show for what it is: Funny!
  • I didn\'t like the idea of compromising the character of Dwight...if the writing had been true to form then Dwight would never had given up his job as a volunteer Deputy Sheriff...never!

I won\'t drone on about this because I think this is an amazing show...but since I must complete 100 words to post a review here goes...Dwight is the office integrity, be it a skewed version. His girlfriend is morale and straight, even she protested...but he gave the urine to Micheal anyway...it really doesn\'t add up...and now he is working as a rent-a-cop at the office building(park)...either way how this will tie into the show makes no sense to me...Is Dwight going to come back to the office on weekends to watch the building...its just not as funny as volunteer Sheriffs Deputy...
  • I love this epi.

this maybe the best episode of the secound season. i love creed in the interogation scene. I love kelly kapur's story hour. I guess the most important questions never is left? Who smoked the blunt? Rainn wilson's best episode since the speech. I really don't know what else to say but ha ha ha aha ha aha ha ha ha aha ha hah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah alol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol
  • "I don’t think Michael’s ever done drugs. I don’t know if anyone’s ever offered him any."

Dwight finds half a joint in the parking lot and launches an investigation. Meanwhile, Pam "jinxes" Jim and he follows through with it.

I LOVE all episodes of The Office, but if I had to choose one that was my least favorite, it would be this one. Dwight is one of my favorite characters, but he was too much of a cartoonish 'villain' almost. It was really out of character that he let Michael use his urine - because he was really serious about being a volunteer sheriff's deputy.

The Jim/Pam storyline in this episode was a little slow.

All in all, this episode was ok, above-average at best, but definitely not a classic. I was disappointed. I'd still watch it again though because there are some funny moments. It was just a bit weak.
  • Sort of a let down

Although a funny episode, I think they could have done so much more with this episode. We have known since the beginning that Dwight is a volunteer Dep. Sheriff, we also know how extreme he is. If the writers would have played their cards right, they could have gotten alot of mileage out of this episode, but I think it turned dry really quick.
  • I love this show! This episode just confirms it all!

Creed: That is Northern Lights Cannabis indica.
    Dwight: No...it's marijuana.
    They could have aired it a week earlier so it would aire on 4/20.. haha.
    Great moments, Jim (whose been jinxed) and Pam. The always hilarious Dwight and Angela looks, did you notice Kevin and Oscar look at Angela than at Dwigt and back at Angela during the birth control moment.
    I watched this episode a couple times, and it gets better every time!
    Tobby: Hookah is not an illegal drug!
    Michael accidently got high at an Alica Keys concert, he though the girl with the tongue ring was smoking clove cigarettes.
    Dwight: Mine was green.
  • Dwight finds a roach and decides to ferret out the pothead.

I don’t like this episode as much as others. There are certainly some great lines and great moments. Dwight\'s faulty detective work is always great (missing Creed\'s obvious knowledge of drugs is inspired) and I enjoy Dwight\'s struggle with his conscious. Even Michael\'s effort to make Dwight feel better is sweet. Michael may be a moron, but he\'s not heartless (“Christmas Party” notwithstanding).

What keeps this episode from being great is that it feels like there should be another act. Maybe it\'s because in “The Carpet” we eventually found out who soiled Michael\'s carpet, but I feel like we should have a reveal about whose joint was in the parking lot. I\'m sure it was just kids that smoked it in the night or something, but I fee like we should know for sure. Even aside from what we don\'t find out, it does feel as though there should have been more.

Or maybe it\'s just that this episode followed a great Earl. Or maybe I just can\'t abide the shortage of Jim\'s wit. Whatever it is, I can\'t put this installment into the upper echelon of Office episodes. I might reconsider upon rewatching, but right now it gets an 8.
  • A Dwight centered episode, but well worth it and revealing. Also, more heart warming development between Pam and Jim.

\"Drug Testing\" was a fantastic episode, well worth the several weeks we had to go without a new episode of the Office. After a half smoked joint is found in the parking lot, volunteer deputy sheriff Dwight conducts an investigation into who was doing drugs on company property (complete in his uniform or \'costume\' as Michael calls it). At first it seems that Dwight is just being his normal, uptight and over-bearing self, but the eventual identity of the drug user forces him to make some serious decisions. While I know that many people like to see Dwight as the villain in this show, he\'s really a more complicated character and his inner turmoil in this episode really speaks to his depth (as well Rainn Wilson\'s acting ability). Definitely adds another dimension to Dwight.

Also, Jim and Pam are goofing around again and when Jim is jinxed by Pam, he\'s no longer able to speak (until he buys her a coke). The result is a lot of very humourous moments as well as some touching ones when their silence becomes an analogy of their relationship. Funny, but heart warming stuff.

A very enjoyable episode, probably one of my favourites this season.