The Office

Finale (2)

Aired Thursday 9:00 PM May 16, 2013 on NBC

• Good-bye The Office :'(

The Office wasn't my favorite show but I always found the show to be very enjoyable as far as the episodes I've seen so far. I still need to see more episodes of the show to hoping enjoy it more but I was actually bummed hearing that it was ending. I think that the show truly did end on a great note and I'm so glad that it extended an extra 11 minutes in the 1-hour time slot so we can get a little more of the characters before it's gone forever. Best surprise was definitely Steve Carell coming back as Michael Scott. His return was a cameo unfortunately though and he only says like 2 lines. I wish we saw more Michael Scott and more lines from him too in this series finale. I also wish he died his hair black because his hair was gray. Like come on!!! it's the series finale... you can return to the show one more time with black dyed hair. Just a small nit-pick that shouldn't matter xD haha There were funny moments and there very emotional and heart-touching moments here. Also, I cried so much watching this series finale especially when it got the final 15 minutes of the series finale with the show wrapping things up with the characters and where they are going to continue their lives. This is like the most ending ever!!! I haven't shed tears in a series finale in such a long time and it was just so amazing. This series finale was so touching and sad that I actually couldn't get over it until a week later. The series finale just really hit me hard and couldn't pull it together and I'm a guy. Whether you're a fan or NOT a fan, please watch this series finale.... I highly recommend and this marks in my opinion the greatest series finale I've watched in a long time. 10/10
  • The Office closing it's doors forever

Most series finales tend to disappoint me but this is one of those rare one that didn't. I'll admit this season of the Office has been a major letdown due to the fact it scored more fouls and strikes on it's past innings and made me fear this show would end in a wimper. But supprisingly and fortunately in the final innings it has actually scored two home runs from the arc and this episode.

There really not much I can say, this episode is one of those ones you have to see for yourself my words can't do it justice, so I'll be brief on just a few of the things that were great. What makes it great is the fact is all ends on a high note for all of the characters, and personally I feel they all deserve it, they've all learned their lessons, grew, and have worked hard to get to where they are now.

I love the fact Dwight is finally the boss now and he actually does a great job, the last two times he was clearly not ready had a ways to go but he finally got there. But most importantly he marries Angela.

For a while I thought those two couldn't be right for one another but supprisingly as time went on I was proven wrong because there's such a thing as not being right yet. Both had some lessons to learn and need to grow up more, I really like how Angela's changed she moved away from being brittle and selfish, and has acutally gained a sense of compassion and warmth, even is smiling a bit more which truth be told makes her look a lot better. So, indeed both are right for each other because both bring the best in each other.

I liked the little moment with Erin which was touching when in a Q and A segment we see a woman ask a question to her about finding her mom which has been a revolving question thoughout the show;

and of course this woman is Joan Cussack whom I felt was wisely cast she looks like she could be the actresses mom. It was just great because they don't say too much but Erin at that moment learns the truth and then runs and hugs her. Erin finally found her mom but best of all her mom found her.

Kevin despite the fact he was fired, nothing personal but for professional reasons. It really was for the best because he now has a business of his own which is Dwight's favorate bar and is managing it very well. It was touching when both Dwight and Kevin made up, both did miss each other but now they can see each other whenever they want.

And finally I really loved the closure on Jim and Pam. As Pam is selling the house so she and her family can move with Jim to Philidelphia. I just thought it was really touching because it shows both will stay together, I don't see why not why can't Jim have both his dream and his true love and family, it's not a possibility it's a fact of life you can. And it makes perfect sense, there nothing in Scraton anymore for both of them, their destiny and home is out there but most importantly it's with each other.

Well I've said all I've needed to say, in the words of Daryl whom on a sidenote has his own company and is a millionare which is great and shows how a person who starts small can grow big. Anyway, his words are "All the time I worked here I wanted to leave, so why is it so hard for me to leave?" I feel that true about how all of us feel depending on which business we work in, or if it's just home or collage. And I think the answer to that is really in the old saying "it's not so much the place I miss, it's the people" indeed without all of them under the same roof none of there dreams would of came true but most importantly none of them would of became a family.

So, farewell cast of "The Office" and farewell show, like any end of a good or great day it's time for the doors to close.
  • All done

This was a decent enough finish for this show. They skip ahead a couple months and more or less update peoples future to be there after the office. Everything finished on a happy yay note which is how it should have been considering the nature of this show. It is nice to see it end now and go off on on a good note. Any longer and you get a "two and a half men" kind of thing going. The only real let down was not having Michael become more involved. The return of Kelly and Ryan was funny, short and sweet.

Good ending to a show that gave me 9 years of laughs. Bye office, it was nice watching you.
CW