The Office Forums

NBC (ended 2013)

CALENDAR: Upcoming "Office" Episodes & Dates of Interest

Squizz44

[1]Sep 24, 2008
    • level: 13

ATTENTION: The following schedule listing does not include any real spoilers, so you can read this first post without worrying about being spoiled. Beyond that, read the replies at your own risk. Most folks are pretty good about using spoiler tags for revealing information, but a few may appear out in the open from time to time.

The 6th season of "The Office" began on September 17, 2009, and will feature a total of 27 half-hours. During Season 6, the show will continue to air at 9 PM ET/PT (8 PM CT) on NBC. The primary competition includes "CSI" on CBS, "Grey's Anatomy" on ABC, and "Fringe" on FOX.

"Parks & Recreation," the mockumentary sitcom from the producers of "The Office" and starring Amy Poehler and Rashida Jones, is not linked on-screen to "The Office" but does employ a similar format and comedic tone. The show premiered on NBC in April 2009 and aired a total of 6 episodes during the spring. Despite earning mediocre ratings, it was renewed for the 2009-10 season and continues to air before "The Office" at 8:30 PM ET/PT. Full details and discussion about the show can be found in this thread.

The long-rumored and once-announced "Office" spinoff (discuss potential spinoff ideas here) is now on hold. Neither NBC nor Greg Daniels have ruled out a spinoff happening in the next few years, but there are currently no immediate plans to develop such a show. The new show Mindy Kaling is developing for NBC (discuss it here) is not expected to be a spinoff either.

Below are further details about what's coming up...

UPCOMING EPISODES OF "THE OFFICE"

NOTES:
    • New episode previews do not reveal any plot details beyond what NBC reveals in press releases.
    • All new episodes are 30-32 minutes long starting at 9 PM ET, unless noted otherwise.

March 11: New episode titled "St. Patrick's Day."
    NBC Summary: Michael thinks he impressed Jo, only to discover someone else in the office caught her eye. Meanwhile, Dwight makes trouble on Jim's first day back from paternity leave. Also, Andy and Erin have an interesting first date.

March 18: New episode titled "New Leads."
    NBC Summary: When the sales staff lets Sabre's new "sales is king" policy get to their heads, Michael hides their new, prized leads.

March 25: New episode titled "Happy Hour."
    NBC Summary: Michael gets kicked out of the bar when he pulls out all the stops to impress a friend of Jim and Pam's. Meanwhile, Andy and Erin do their best to keep their relationships under wraps. Dwight rethinks his pre-natal contract with Angela.

(Additional Season 6 info will be posted as it is announced. After March 25, there should be 6 or 7 more new half-hours left. The season finale is expected to be a regular 30-minute episode, airing May 20.)

ADDITIONAL DATES OF INTEREST

March 17: Mindy Kaling will be a guest on "The Late Show with David Letterman" on CBS.

March 25: Craig Robinson will be a guest on "Jimmy Kimmel Live" on ABC.

...and that's that. If you hear of any promotional appearances (talk shows, etc.) the cast will be making, please respond with info and I will add them to the calendar. Otherwise, we can continue to use this thread to discuss spoilers, rumors and other speculation about future episodes.

Edited on 03/11/2010 3:27pm
    Edited 102 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Squizz44

[2]Sep 24, 2008

Since a new season is here, I figured I'd post a fresh schedule thread...

I've added titles and summaries for the first 3 episodes. Note that there is no episode scheduled for October 2 due to political coverage.

Somewhat oddly, there are no talk show appearances scheduled at this time. John Krasinski appeared on "The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson" last night, but so far, there are no more appearances on tap. If you hear of any coming up, let me know and I'll add them to the calendar.

Again, just to remind everyone...I'll keep the original post spoiler-free, and anytime I update it, I'll post a new reply detailing the updates. As a courtesy to everyone else, please use spoiler tags to conceal any spoilers (facts or rumors about an episode that has not yet aired that aren't already revealed in NBC's summary). Thanks.

Squizz44

[3]Sep 25, 2008
    Here's the video of Krasinski on Craigers, btw. He busts out some impressions...fun as always.

Squizz44

[4]Sep 30, 2008
    Title and summary for the 10/23 episode are up...

Squizz44

[5]Sep 30, 2008

Another update...

Mindy Kaling will be on Leno TOMORROW, October 1st.

Jenna Fischer will be on Leno NEXT TUESDAY, October 7th.

Angela Kinsey mentioned in a chat with OfficeTally that she's supposed to be on Conan soon. No date confirmed yet, but he only has a musical guest slotted for 10/9, so perhaps that will be the night. We'll see.

SMGslayer97

[6]Oct 2, 2008
    • level: 34
    Just fo confirm there is no new Office tonight (10/2), the second episode of the season will air next thursday correct?

Squizz44

[7]Oct 2, 2008
    Correct. Tonight, NBC will air an hour of "Earl" followed by the Vice Presidential debate.

SMGslayer97

[8]Oct 2, 2008
    Thanks for clarifying, I'm just glad they are pushing episode 2 back instead of letting the debate interrupt it.

Squizz44

[9]Oct 3, 2008

Title and summary for the 10/30 episode are up...

***SPOILER***

Edited on 10/03/2008 12:20pm
    Edited 2 total times.

Squizz44

[10]Oct 9, 2008
    Anybody heard anything about why Jenna's appearance on Leno Tuesday got axed?

Squizz44

[11]Oct 10, 2008
    Title and summary for November 6th have been added...

Squizz44

[12]Oct 16, 2008
    Just FYI...tonight's episode is listed as 31 minutes according to Zap2It, so adjust your recording equipment accordingly!

Squizz44

[13]Oct 24, 2008

Title and summary for the 11/13 episode are up. Sounds interesting.

Title for 11/20 is also up, but no summary yet. This does confirm that we'll get new episodes all the way through until Thanksgiving.

Craig Robinson (Darryl) will be on Jimmy Kimmel on Halloween night. I assume he'll be promoting "Zack & Miri," not "The Office."

Also, a repeat of Ed Helms' July appearance on Conan will air tonight, 10/24.

That's all, folks!

SMGslayer97

[14]Oct 25, 2008
    So there will be no new episodes through Dec/Jan? None at all?
    Edited on 10/25/2008 5:45am

Squizz44

[15]Oct 27, 2008
    We don't know yet. I don't have anything listed for December and January simply because nothing has been announced beyond Thanksgiving, other than the Super Bowl airing. We do typically get a lot of repeats in December and January, but they usually sprinkle a couple of new episodes in there. I'd guess we'll get 3 or 4 new episodes in those 2 months, along with 4 or 5 repeats. Since February is a sweeps month, it'll probably be all new episodes...then March and April will be a mix of new and repeats, followed by all new during May sweeps leading up to the season finale.

Squizz44

[16]Oct 30, 2008

Summary for 11/20 is up.

Also added info for the rest of the season (with a speculative date for the season finale), to clear up any confusion about remaining episodes.

Squizz44

[17]Nov 3, 2008
    Steve will be on Leno next Wednesday, 11/12. Look forward to that...

Squizz44

[18]Nov 11, 2008
    ...and he'll also be on "Ellen" this Thursday, Nov. 13.

Squizz44

[19]Nov 19, 2008

Yay! They finally fixed the system so Jekyll could pin this!

Lots of updates too...

* Added details about the Thanksgiving week repeats.

* Added title and summary for the NEW December 4 episode. The Schrute Farms story definitely sounds like a winner.

* Added title and summary for the NEW December 11 episode. It's Christmas-themed, but the standard 30 minutes instead of a full hour, as some had hoped for.

* Tentatively pencilled in the following 3 weeks for repeats. Nothing official from NBC yet, but with the Christmas episode airing on 12/11, I'm guessing that'll be the last new one before the holidays. And with Christmas and New Year's Day both falling on Thursdays this year, it's a pretty safe bet that we'll get repeats (if anything at all) on those days. So I think after 12/11, the next new episode will be January 8 at the earliest.

* Added a talk show repeat and 3 new birthdays.

Hendo08

[20]Nov 26, 2008
    • level: 5
    Does Anybody Know If The Morrocan Christmas Episode Is Hour Long Or Super Sized? I Hope So Christmas Eps Are Always Funny