The Office Forums

NBC (ended 2013)

Tallahassee storyline

DocKev

[1]Feb 27, 2012
    • level: 3

I'm really enjoying the whole Tallahassee story line. It's provided for me many laugh out loud moments. From Dwight's reaction to the final group of 5 chosen to travel with him, to his presentation with appendix removed & bleeding sutures, and his techniques to finding bedbugs, these past 3 episodes have been some of the funniest for me in the past few years. I had worried that the whole Kathy/Jim subplot, and the re-introduction of Catherine Tate's character, might be overly dramatic or distracting. But they have been surprisingly good plot twists to allow for amusing comedic moments. I hope the final few episodes in Tallahassee will be just as good.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

antdude

[2]Mar 1, 2012
    • level: 27
    Yeah, it's not bad. One more after tonight's.

JOKER677

[3]Mar 3, 2012

Seems funnier since they aren't showing the CEO...

DocKev

[4]Mar 3, 2012
    "Test the Store" was a step down from the previous Tallahassee episodes. Seeing Jim in Ryan's clothes was a little funny, as was "IAATG". However, seeing Creed "strike" Meredith in the head, scream and run out of the conference room completely saved the episode for me! One of Creed's best moments!

mrjimmyjames

[5]Mar 3, 2012
    • level: 7

I think it's always a great move for the show to show two different sides of Dunder Mifflin; it always works from a creative standpoint. Who didn't like it when Jim, Andy, and Karen worked in Stamford (season 3) and when Michael, Pam, and Ryan worked for the Michael Scott Paper Company?

DocKev

[6]Mar 10, 2012
    Well, between "Special Project" and "Last Day in Florida", I think these two episodes have been the closest that "The Office" has been to "perfectinschlogen" (and I don't mean perfect pork anus!) in a long time. Not that they'll make my best 10 episode list, but I found myself laughing throughout both episodes, and much of the whole Talahassee storyline. It seemed like everyone was involved in "Last Day in Florida".... from Creed in the opener being the only insane enough to open Dwight's package ..... to Toby & Daryl sucking up to Kevin to buy cookies from them .... to Kevin sucking back up to them by kissing Meredith!...... to Kelly explaining how she's changed her make-up regimin to cover up her extra 5 lbs .... to Erin boiling gatorade for afternoon tea..... and of course Dwight vs Jim in the ultimate showdown! LOL, I loved Dwight's "Jackie Chan" run up the wall. The only thing I didn't understand was why Kathy remained in Florida.

andrekus

[7]Mar 20, 2012

I completely agree. The Tallahassee arcs have been very funny and really breathed some fresh air into a show that was getting a bit stale for me. Nellie has been awesome during these episodes. As you guys mentioned, there have been some burst out laughing moments in the last few episodes which was not true since the middle of season 7. That's saying something because I laugh at pretty much anything.

I thought I couldn't love Erin more than I did already but she's outdone herself recently. The boiled Gatorade, the disguise she wore at the Sabre store, and the changing of her nametag placement are classic Erin moments. Cathy isn't as likeable since she's trying to break up Jim's marriage, but she's hot so she's fine with me. If she came into my hotel room wearing a tank top and short shorts, I sure as hell wouldn't be making up bed bugs to get Dwight in there, that's for sure.