The Office Forums

NBC (ended 2013)

Unofficial Discussion Topic: "Body Language"

mankinduk

[1]May 2, 2010
    • level: 2

BODY LANGUAGE

Original Airdate: April 29th 2010

Pam and Jim work on their first sales pitch together to Donna, the manager of a local restaurant, but Michael keeps misreading the signals she's putting out. Dwight encourages Kelly to try out for the minority training program.

Michael really made my uncomfortable in my seat which is definitely a good thing. Pam though...what has happened to her? Jim jokingly said "I don't know who you are anymore" but to me 'never has a truer word being spoken in jest'. This episode certainly won't quell the fires of the 'Really don't like Pam anymore' topic.

Where's Squizz?!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

kickdoor

[2]May 2, 2010
    • level: 14

I feel like they've forgotten how to make those awkward moments funny, instead of making me uncomfortable and laugh, they just make me uncomfortable.

As for Pam, it can't be blamed on hormones anymore, she's just not a good person.

KrimsonKracker

[3]May 7, 2010
    • level: 5

I feel like the writers have hijacked the show and the characters are becoming less true to themselves. Don't get me wrong, this was still a reasonably funny episode with some great individual moments, but Michael and Dwight were simply obnoxious. Too sexual and stupid, even for their characters. It's getting to be not funny. Darrel subplot seemed out of character too. Pam is always evolving so I can buy her.

They need to work on the subtle comedy that made season 2 and 3 so great. Now it's just like they're trying too hard.

Still, enjoyable episode mostly. Favorite moment was Pam trying to convince Michael to leave the room by saying she had something really personal about her relationship to tell Michael. Classic.