The Office Forums

NBC (ended 2013)

What's with this terrible schedule?

DC4MVP

[1]Feb 9, 2010
    • level: 2

OK, now I know most shows usually stop airing new episodes in early December-early/mid January but the Office's schedule has been TERRIBLE this year.

First, the show stop airing new episodes after the December 10th episode and returned on January 21st after a 5 week break.

Then, after the Jan. 21 clip show episode, there's a two weeks hiatis between new episodes with it coming back on Feb. 4.

Now, after next weeks episode, there's another 3 week break before the next new episode airs on March 4 with an hour long episode featuring the Halpert's baby.

Why is NBC doing this? It's making it VERY hard to get into a "rythem" while watching this season. Not to mention with this HUGE Sabre storyline, why not let it play out week by week instead of making the viewer watch one week then try and remember the last episode's storylines 3 weeks later?

It seems like a year ago when we saw episodes like "Koi Pond," "Niagra," and "Murder"

Is there an explination with the continued gaps between weeks? I don't remember this out of previous seasons...

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Squizz44

[2]Feb 9, 2010
    • level: 13

First off, yes, virtually all shows go on some type of hiatus in December and January. You may get a new episode or two in that stretch just to keep viewers from forgetting about the show, but you'll rarely get more than 3 or 4 new episodes in those two months. Networks go "all new" in October (premiere month) and November (sweeps) and also plan for "all new" in February (more sweeps) and May (sweeps and finale time). That knocks out 16 new episodes right there - leaving only a few to fill out December, January, March and April. That's just how it is for shows that run from October through May, whether we like it or not...so get used to it.

Secondly, the upcoming hiatus is because of the Winter Olympics. (Not sure how this got by you...the promos have been EVERYWHERE recently.) The entire NBC primetime schedule is going on hiatus during the Olympics, and the other networks are mostly "punting" during the Olympics too.

Seems like every year around this time, somebody starts complaining about repeats. Seriously, the complaining really needs to stop. As fans of this show, we are LUCKY. Most shows produce 20-22 episodes per season; this show is producing 27 half-hours this year. On CBS or FOX or ABC, a show that averages 8 million viewers typically gets a reduced order (fewer than 20 episodes) or gets axed completely. But we get one of the largest orders in primetime, and yet people complain about repeats even though we don't get as many as most shows. Repeats are part of TV, people. Deal with it.

Edited on 02/09/2010 10:07am

DC4MVP

[3]Feb 9, 2010
    • level: 2

LOL, I COMPLETELY over-looked the olympics. I knew there were coming up but it just slipped my mind of them being on NBC...I'll go back to my corner now...

Doggo1988

[4]Feb 10, 2010
    • level: 8
    Lol. The winter olympics should not have the word olympic in it.