The Office

Gossip

Aired Thursday 9:00 PM Sep 17, 2009 on NBC

• Season 6 premiere..

5.2
    For a show that exists largely because of a cash strapped network and fiercely loyal fan base, season 6 opener was not a bad offering. It's not fair to expect for a show that gave us 25 dismal episodes, and comeback after a summer break and blow off our minds. Yes, the show has run its course, and it can never be funny again.

On a episode that was based on workplace gossip, we saw a substandard plot that announced Pam's pregnancy, Stanley's affair, and Andy's heterosexual dilemma. Carrell still continues to be his annoying self with his dimwitted actions that make us feel awkward. The summer interns were a move toward bringing some new faces into the cast. Apart from seeing the Porter or Preston kid (whoever it is) from Desperate Housewives, I can't recall anything interesting.

Yes, I don't regret watching this episode, and at the same time, I don't share the same enthusiasm as the other reviewers. For people who've asked me why I watch this show despite my open dislike - well, I am one of the fiercely loyal viewer, and I can take the BS the show throws at me.
TBS