The Office

Lotto

Aired Thursday 9:00 PM Oct 06, 2011 on NBC

7.4
  • The warehouse wins the lottery

Go, Andy Bernard! At first, Ithoughtchoosing him for a boss wouldn't work out whatsoever, but the last two episodes have made me have to eat my words. This was a very solid Office episode, one with great character development, jokes and visual gags. It also helps that the show is feeling less like a one man show and more like a true ensemble.

This episode finds the warehouse winning the lottery (about a million to be exact) and quitting all at once. Darryl winds up depressed at the fact that his rise to the office place lead him to miss out on a cut of the money. Meanwhile, Andy has to try and hire a new crew, something he's not qualified to do. He turns to Darryl for help but Darryl's too depressed to contribute.

Down in the warehouse, Jim, Dwight, Kevin and Erin agree to do the work of the warehouse people while Andy works on hiring new people. We get some good banter back and forth between them here. If anything, this episode made me feel really good about characters that get the short end of the stick sometimes. Oscar was awesome here, especially in the cold open, Erin is slowly starting to move her way up into my top five or ten characters on the show... even Ryan had some moments that made me chuckle. I just feel like getting Steve Carrell out of the way has lead to some fantastic moments for other characters.

Definitely the best episode of the season yet. This is even MORE proof that the show is succeeding (to some extent) without Steve Carrell.