The Office

Pilot

Aired Thursday 9:00 PM Mar 24, 2005 on NBC

One of the most overrated episodes of all time. The first episode of the Office was weak and I can't imagine this episode drew any fans in, the show's creative point was in season two. I have seen the British version before, and there's no comparison. The British version of the pilot beats this one. Maybe if they didn't copy everything word for word, and actually made a different kind of plot, this episode would have been better, but they didn't.

I love the Office, it's one of my favorite shows, it's just I'm astonished at how much good ratings this episode got. If I was watching this for the first time, I wouldn't be too intrigued to watch the rest of the series. The highlights of the episode were Michael pretending to fire Pam in front of the new intern, Ryan. And of course Jim pranking Dwight, classic.

So overall an okay start to the series. I felt like they could have done way better with this first episode, considering how brilliant they got next season. An okay premiere.