The Office

Pilot

Aired Thursday 9:00 PM Mar 24, 2005 on NBC

• The Pilot

It's hard to believe how much the cast has changed since this first episode. But we are here not to talk about that, We are here to talk about the pilot. It was a good start to a very great series. It's weird seeing Michael Scott with his Pat Riley haircut. Steve Carell was a perfect choice for Michael Scott. He made a very first impression. Anyone else it would've been weird and the series would end quickly. Speaking of first impressions, we are introduced to Jim and Pam. Next to Michael, these are probably the most important people on the show. The writers and producers do a good job tricking you with them. I realize that everyone knows what happen, but I won't reveal what happens. Roy also makes an impression, you won't forget him. This episode also does a good job setting up something (downsizing) for the next couple seasons. Another character that introduced is Dwight Schrute. If you have the DVD, check out the deleted scenes. Like with Michael Scott, Rainn Wilson, was the perfect choice. Again this was a great start to NBC's series since Friends.