The Office

Pool Party

Aired Thursday 9:00 PM Jan 19, 2012 on NBC

• One of the better episodes this season

I think it's safe to say that whether Michael Scott left or not, a lot of Office fans had already become disillusioned with the show in the later seasons, thinking it had lost it's edge or bite. I wasn't one of those people, so I gave the show a fair chance this season without Michael and frankly I still look forward to watching the show every week, and this episode is a perfect example of why. Robert California is a completely different kind of character from Michael Scott but he has his own charms and watching him mourn his past good times by having a final pool party at his huge mansion was great, especially when he came to realize at the end of the night that while he's been mourning another good time has been growing all around him with this cast of characters from Dunder Mifflin. Watching he, Gabe, and Ryan all strip and jump in the pool at the end was hilarious, as was Jim's horrified reaction to it. Lots of more Andy and Erin stuff in this episode as well, with Andy exhibiting more doubts about his new separate relationship. All in all, I laughed several times through out this episode and enjoyed every minute of it, great stuff.
CW