The Office

NBC (ended 2013)

pedroman01

The Office Fan Reviews page 3 of 21

• The Office is one of the best shows on television

Based on the original UK version, The Office puts together a fantastic cast that delivers a performance that speaks to the heart of anyone who has worked in any familiar situations, and even ones that don't. This TV series combines so many elements of comedy into one seamless stream of epic hilarity that missing it is a huge mistake. You know a TV show is truly incredible when it can make you feel emotional for the characters in it. It has the uncanny ability to make you feel so many different emotions in one episode that it should be used as therapy! I don't know about you, but there aren't many shows that are capable of doing this.

Please, if you are one of those people (like me) who are skeptical about most of the TV shows out there today, do yourself a favor and don't miss this one!!!
  • The Office is a hilarious show with a cast of characters that leave you interested until the next weeks episode.

The Office is a hilarious show with a cast of characters that leave you interested until the next weeks episode. My favorite show on NBC right now. Not only is it a fantastic comedy, it has enough serious plot lines to keep people interested and entertained. Jim and Pan have an excellent chemistry together. Until the fourth season, they were not together as a couple but, from then on, the story of their relationship has kept the show together. All of the other minor characters are excellently tied in and the episodes really flow nicely. The US version of The Office has improved greatly from the original UK version, especially in the Michael Scott character. The US producer, Greg Daniels, works wonders with this show.
  • Satirical irony and ridiculous, politically-incorrect humor make this show a hilarious must-watch.

Imagine you have a friend working for a customer service phone line, and one day, one particular person keeps calling your friend over and over, asking outrageous questions and making obscenely rude comments. No matter how polite and correct and patient your friend is to this person, they still keep assuming they are right and disbelieve every answer your friend gives to help the situation. Irritated and confused, your friend visits you after work to vent out his/her feelings about the day. Listening to your friend dictating her dilemma with this customer is as close as you can get to describing the humor of The Office; when you laugh, it's not because of clever jokes or puns, it's because of how ridiculously rude and wrong some of these people are. Or because of the fact that, while Michael Scott is probably the most confused and childish boss in the world, he thinks he's the greatest-- he even buys himself a "the world's best boss" mug. Another example is Dwight Schrute, the self-proclaimed assistant regional manager, who happens to be raised on a farm. In one episode, Dwight is given the care of a coworker's cat, named Sprinkles, who has been sick for years. Instead of giving the cat its proper medications and food, he "puts it out of a misery" by stuffing it in a frezzer. Apparently, that's what all farmers do to sick animals. The Office is a different kind of humor. The irony, the rudeness, the cluless employees (and management), and the documentary-like setup give this show its charm and its greatest moments. See this show; you'll love it as much as Michael Scott does himself.
  • awesome

Based on the popular British series of the same name, this faster-paced American version follows the daily interactions of a group of idiosyncratic office employees at paper company Dunder Mifflin's Scranton branch via a documentary film crew's cameras. steve carrel has a very good,uncontrollable way of making you laugh. His stupidity and his antics as regional manager of a paper company branch in pennsylvania makes this show truly great along with the performances of some of of his co workers example andly,jim,dwight,kevin,creed. the only problem this show has ever had was the introduction of holly,she just seems to be too unrealistic and stupid and unfunny,i would have preffered to be a female version of toby like michael originally thought.
  • Based on the British Series of the same name, The Office: An American Workplace, looks at the lives of employees at Dunder-Mifflin Scranton, through the lenses of a documentary crew.

The Office, Based on the incredible British original of the same name, looks at the lives of a few employees at the fictional Dunder-Mifflin Paper Company, through the lenses of a documentary. This series surpasses the original and is more of a comedy than the original. After a shaky start, the series creates endless laughs in every episode it produces. Now on its 100th episode, and renewed for a sixth season, The Office is for anyone that like subtle humor. It has the awkward moments, the laugh-out-loud episodes, and the light episodes. I have been a fan from the first episode, and I consider The Office, and the mockumentary format to be some of Tv's best moments.
  • great

this show is really good one of the reasons its good is because its funny and non depressing also i like how they made it in a office not at like a house or a shop its a really good show and i would reccomend this, scrubs , george lopez , other comedys also its pretty funny and stupid but thats ok i like the one with the weight because it was funny also this show has similaritys to scrubs this is why i rated it 8 . 0 and im a pretty picky reviewer i only rates scrubs 10
  • Very Funny

The Office is one of the rare shows in recent years that was adapted from an English original and actually succeeds. In many ways, the American version starring Steve Carrell as the clueless, self-possessed boss Michael Scott is better than the Ricky Gervais version. That is probably considered heresy among some people, but the US version has much more likable characters. The show is shot in documentary style and some of the funniest moments occur when a character isn't speaking, but reacting to something some else said with just an expression to the camera. Very few shows on TV today consistently produce the laughs that The Office does.
  • The Office is back and swinging.

After a bad year and some boring episodes, "The Office" is back on top and making people laugh again. With the latest episodes in Season 5, "The Office" has reclaimed its title as funniest comedy in prime time. Sure, they did fall into a slump in Season Four, but finally they are back to the hilarious antics that took them to the top in Seasons Two and Three. I have been a devote "Office" watcher since the beginning and became disenchanted with the show near the end of the fourth season. Luckily, the writers kicked it back into gear and are serving the public the same high quality show that they used to.

And a quick note to the Office haters who post that the office is over: Instead of taking the time to write a negative review, write your own comedy. If it is more brilliant that The Office is, send it to a producer and see if you can get your work on the air. Writing a prime time comedy isn't an easy task but the talented Office writers still do a great job.
  • im still new to the show so its just as good as ever to me.

I started watching about a 4 weeks ago and have since watched through every episode to date. This show is so addicting and hilarious that you cant stop. Everything from the way Michael Scott makes you cringe at what he does to jim messing with dwight. I like all the characters and the roles they play. Especially BJ Novak as Ryan. Its funny how hes this cool preppy guy whos better then everyone. Ends up taking a nice corporate job and gets involved in coke and money scandals etc. Just so funny and the fact they brought him back to the paper business makes it even funnier. Andy Bernard is also very funny i love how after his anger management classes you can still see him struggling not to snap with a big smile on his face. I tried to watch the UK version of the office but it just wasnt for me. The humor was alittle to dry for my taste but i can see where this version got the idea(s).
    To the point: The office is one of the best shows on tv and i hope it stays around for a while
  • Pretty wacky stuff!!!

Funny stuff! I only started watching the office because there was nothing on at that time that I liked. Wow! it is hilarious. It's almost like seeing your own family once a week - you know, extreme dysfunction and all. It makes you feel right at home. Definitely water cooler material. Have you ever watch any other show that makes you cringe so much. You just want to crawl under the couch sometimes, huh? Who's your favorite character? Each one is actually pretty unique. Of course, Jim and Pam are the most "normal". But even they are pretty far out there.
  • The Office is done.

Alright. Everyone knows The Office has fallen off since it's height during Season 2/3. Sure, ruining the drama between Jim and Pam was a big part of that. There hasn't been an actual story arc that people care about for a while. And now, it's really just fallen back on the ridiculous. Michael Scott has run out of comedy. The times when they just make him be utterly unbelievable and ridiculous are the weakest points of the show. The Office was originally founded on pointing out the humor that could take place in real offices, but not anymore obviously. I didn't laugh once at this episode. Now even Jim has been reduced to a character that has to dress up and be totally unbelievable to be "funny". I hope Michael Scott does leave the show. I think it'd be better for it.
  • This isn't the orginal series...

This isn't the orginal series but that isn't a bad thing, this still uses the same format as Gervias's original but the comedy is a more obous type of comedy more American you could say and that will obvous seems that its the US version and I think now its time to say its awesome. The show has a funny and creative team of writers and cast. The show is just laugh after laugh after laughs. There are some great recurring plot lines that keep you intrested and glued to the TV screen. Steve Carrel is a comedy genuis he never fails to make me laugh.
  • All I can comment is "FREAKS"! A bunch of freaks in the office can really entertain you!!! sometimes i wonder why i'm watching this show...but then..well...i answer myself that it's just simply fun! the fun that no other show can give!!!

All I can comment is "FREAKS"!
    Each and every character is written differently...and no other show can really reflect these characters..which can really exist in our society. While watching i wonder how the writers came up with these ideas!! so brilliant!!

Personnally, I really hate Dwight Schrute!! Hate him so bad, and every time Jim pulls a prank on him, i really love it!!!

so people, dont judge the book by it's cover...
    enjoy the show!!
  • An excellent show. i don't know how i would live without it

The office is an incredible show. When i first heard of it i thought "this is going to suck...how can they possibly try to re-create the genius that was the uk office?" Well, they did and they even have surpassed the original bbc version of the show. The supporting cast of the american office is miles ahead of the british version and i think that the american version is just funnier. An excellent show and i never miss it. I own every season on dvd and i really love to watch the show. it is so funny and it has many similarities to the british version which is great but it also has its own personality and is very original.
  • Devastatingly funny. Michael is like watching a train wreck in progress ... you just have to look ... and once you look you just cannot pull away. And yet you find yourself watching week after week despite how uncomfortable his antics make you feel.

Everyone talks about what an awful boss is, but the truth is that what makes this show great is not his horrible management skills but his complete obliviousness. He is so clueless ... and if he had any idea he would be mortified because as a person, although not too bright, he is a very thoughtfull person that will stop at nothing to be loved. Just complete clueless ... and that's what sets the stage for some of the most skin crawling comedic scenarios you can imagine.

What really makes it work though is the supporting cast. They are such an ecclectic group of bizarre personalities. You also have a number of dynamics ... inter-office romances ... money making schemes ... bizarre histories ... and very strong personalities.

There are some things that you just don't understand ... and not knowing why they are the way they are adds to the absurdity of it all. For example Michael hates, seriously hates Toby because he finds Toby repulsive ... meanwhile Toby is about the most benign person in the world.
  • A show about co-workers in an office with a crazy boss.

This is an amazing show! I love it. It is insanley funny and the characters all add to the show. The chemistry with the cast is undeniable. The quirky characters each bring their own personalities to the show and contribute their own. It is possibly one of the most amusing and best show on-air. My favorite character is Dwight, because he is so funny and his and Angela's relationship is cute and also funny at the same time. This show really portrays what life in an office with an insane boss would be like. This is probably my favorite show!
  • The best The Office episode ever or at least in a long time.

The best The Office episode ever or at least in a long time. It's incredible how funny and tragic is mixed here. The best The Office episode ever or at least in a long time. It's incredible how funny and tragic is mixed here. The best The Office episode ever or at least in a long time. It's incredible how funny and tragic is mixed here. The best The Office episode ever or at least in a long time. It's incredible how funny and tragic is mixed here. The best The Office episode ever or at least in a long time. It's incredible how funny and tragic is mixed here.
  • the show is about an office environment run by a moronic boss

This show is hands down my favorite show ever. it has everything i would want in a show. a little drama and a lot of humor. i think the show has lost a little of its touch in the past few seasons. it tried to bring in new characters like karen and leave characters like toby but they eventually reversed that and brought toby back and got rid of karen. they did keep one character and that is Andy. this adds a little tension to the workplace with him and dwight loving the same girl. i think this show has a lot to give in the future and is destine to be classic.
  • BEST OPENING EVER! This is a classic cold open. All the characters go back to basics. Angela pulls a morbidly obese cat out of a filing cabinet. Kevin breaks open the snack machine. Stanley almost dies of stress. You know the usual. Truly great opening.

This episode starts off with a bang. The cold open is amazing. It is completely hilarious. But this isn't the only good thing. In the past two seasons I have felt that the show has been declining due to lack of creativity and quirkiness. While this is certainly debatable, this episode proved me wrong. Incorporating guests star like CLORIS LEACHMAN through an illegally downloaded movie is genius. This is the kind of thing that separates The Office from all the mediocre, under- appreciated, indie shows out there. The wit was top notch in this episode. Bravo to The Office,very well done.
  • Off the wall comedy about a failing paper company and it's hardworking(?) employees.

Easily the best show on television due to the realistic writing and the unbelievable incompetence of Micheal Scott. The shows strongest points are the subplots that don't revolve around humor. True it's great to laugh you're butt off, but if you don't care about the characters, what's the point. Even Angela is likable in her so conservative she's overboard level.
    Of course my one qualm is the fact that anywhere, even Burger King, Dwight would have been fired day one, despite his sales record. But I couldn't see the show without him.
    I don't work in an office, but there's some episodes I wish I did. Highly recommended (but avoid the British original, just because of Ricky Gervais's teeth.
  • The Office is my weekly therapy.

I watched an episode of "The Office" by accident last year and I have to say that I'm glad I did. I always heard good things about the show, but never really bothered to check it out. It was a bit weird at the beginning because of the interviews during they do during the show, but after a couple of episode's I got used to it. I tried to get my girlfriend to watch it as well, but to no avail. She just couldn't handle the interviews they do on the show. In a way I am glad she didn't, this way I can watch the show without any interference.
  • Prince Family Paper Michael and Dwight spy on a rival paper company. The rest of the office debates whether or not Hilary Swank is hot.

Good episode. What a random reference of Hilary Swank and all of its debate. Oscar's in-depth on beauty opinion was hilarious, given his background. It was also funny that Dwight's attitude was more of the cut-throat angle that is the business world, and how business sense triumph came through over compassion, the business world is tough, be devoured or devour, and Michael comparing it to bittersweet chocolate that's used in baking for all of its intents and purposes, "what's the point?" in a general sense, was hilarious. You almost want a naive family owned business to fail when they give up a very valuable reference to such obvious posers aka sharks, who are obviously co-workers and in the paper industry, and yet they STILL think it's genuine. Even the cold opening of Jim setting up Dwight with 500' of unknown red wire for $20 was funny. And no Jim / Pam relationship drama! And fyi, Hilary Swank ain't hot, she did a lousy stint on SNL, constant cuecard reading, fumbling of lines, plus she has an annoying voice. So vote me as the "not hot" party.
  • Love it- we need more like this!

This is a kind of humor you won't find in many other american television shows. I love to see producers mix it up like this. Thank god there is no laugh track and thank god there are no lame sit com esque jokes. Very entertaining show. Now I need to see the British version- and it';s strange because this version actually seemed kind of British. I don't want TV. I just happened to rent this series and found that I really liked it. If TV had more shows like this on, maybe I would watch it more! Pay attention producers.
  • one of the few comedies worth watching these days

i happen to live 15 minutes away from the city of scranton pa, so i may be just a little biased. but any way, this is a great show. really funny. and don't most of us know at least one person in the office? ie the clueless boss, the suck up? etc etc. oh, by the way, the landmarks that are mentioned in the show are completely legit, for example, the glider diner, great food! i find this extremely impressive, the folks behind the scenes really do a great job researching to make the show more realistic. the office is silly and stupid some of the time, but that's what makes it hilarious. give it a try. for the longest time i wouldn't even watch because i can't stand what the networks consider comedies these days, total crap. once i started, i couldn't stop!!
  • really funny

If there ever was a really rediculous show that was cute funny..it is a good show in genral. i enjoy it : )!
    anyway the reason i like it is becuase , well it is just plain cute, it is cuddley cute and it is about friend ship lol
    my favorite character is dewight cuz he is ridiculous and always has a stupid litle plan for office domination. i love that..
    oh and i love when that one guy puts dewights stuff in jello...i mean id do that to my friends so i have to appretiate that ..any way ill talk to you guys later.
  • No really why did i watch that?!

The show is completely out of focus. I understood what the show was aiming for: a show about nothing and documenting it. They used the office to promote the idea that it's about a nothing show also the office work space symbolizes the plain and ordinary atmosphere, a place where nothing can go wrong (Except someone walking in occasionally with a shotgun and going on a killing spree). But why would anybody want to do it in a documentary kind of way?! It might seem original to some people but really, it's plainly the worst idea ever. Combining the two is probably one of the most ridiculous ideas NBC had in the past few years. Let me explain: there is one think making a show about nothing but documenting nothing?! Nobody would be interested in that. Take for example the most successful nothing show, "Seinfeld". Do you think it was a "about nothing show"?! Because last time I recall I haven't been around anybody as crazy as Kramer and winey as George. I can go on and on how Seinfeld is one of the cleverest shows there ever was by giving the audience a feeling that: "this is a ordinary life". But to whoever watched the show and has a brain clearly realizes that it was only a "feeling". (By the way calling Seinfeld a about nothing show is one of the most successful scams ever on TV.)

Taking it to the next level by creating a real nothing show (which we proved there never was) and documenting it. Combining the two worst ideas that a sitcom would be based on:
    One: because real life isn't that funny
    Two: because documenting nothing has no propose. And it does not add any level of comedy. In my opinion this is the worst successful sitcom ever. Ever. Yes even worse than How I Met Your Mother"
  • Great ensemble cast capped off by comedic acting and writing

Another win for the saying, "Don't judge a book by its cover". When I first heard about the show, I said "it was cheap rip off and Steve Carell isn't that funny". I regret saying those words, period.
    Although the U.S. version has a lot of similarities to the U.K. version, the actors' depiction in the U.S. version make it unique and memorable. Take for example Dwight and Michael. You can't help but laugh at Dwight because he's an idiot and Rainn Wilson just nails the arrogance required to make it hilarious. Michael on the other hand, you feel sorry for him at the same time laugh when he gets things wrong, goes over the top and acts irrationally.
    Speaking of Carell, I have gained enormous respect for him because of the effort he puts into each project he's involved with. He's the star of the show, produces and at times writes and directs. That amount of effort deserves a pat on the back from anyone. In addition to that, B.J. Novak, Mindy Kaling and Paul Lieberstein serve as actors, writers and producers on the show which showcases the program's diversity.
    Overall, a good comedy but the mockumentary style needs understanding.
  • One of the most real life, down to earth shows out there with true humor. Love it.

I had never seen The Office and to be honest, I did not ever want to. However, a friend made me watch some episodes and I am hooked. Whenever I go to her house, we watch episodes of The Office for hours and hours. I absolutely love Michael, he is such a loveable idiot. One of my favorite parts of the show, however, is the ongoing battle between Jim and Dwight. Some of the stuff that Jim does to him is just hilarious. If I ever need a good laugh, I watch this show and specifically look for instances with Jim and Dwight in them. Dwight is by far my favorite individual character because his facial expressions are crazy and he's so serious when he's acting like a complete weirdo.
  • Intelligent Realistic Humor

I rarely find sitcoms that are funny because 99% of them are re-hashed garbage with the same old jokes with minor changes and lame laugh tracks. The Office brings you into a world where most people that have ever worked ANYWHERE has dealt with people like this. Everyone has worked with a clueless insecure boss, a crazy old guy who took too many drugs in the sixties, a sexually overactive older heavy woman, a loon that has weird hobbies and spurts out off the wall non-sequitors, a boring Human Resources guy, a perky cool Receptionist, a fat slow dude, a uptight Christian, a "could care less" older guy, a marriage obsessed Twenty-Something.... The world is full of these people and it's about time we can laugh at them. This show is an all-time classic. Right up there with Cheers, MASH and Seinfeld.
  • this show is a show not worth watching. I could have spent my time going through black temple getting better gear. total waste of time.

This show was a complete waste of my time, in the 30 freaking minutes i spent watching it i could have been playing World of Warcraft. NBC is complte trash compared to WoW. I would totally dominate anyone in NBC in tyhe arena, my death knight damitrov on korgath would beat all of you noobs. if you wanna trade pics sometime just wisp me sometime. btw i am totally looking for a new guild. dread totally sucks me all day. i comletely carry them through every raid and everything. I think it is about time i made me a BLT to eat, they are really delicoious almost as good as some world of warcraft. so catch u laterz dawg.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10