The Office

NBC (ended 2013)

pedroman01

The Office Fan Reviews page 4 of 21

• One of my favourite shows

The Office(An American Workplace) is the adaptation of The Office UK. This is one adaptation that has been so successful. The US version is one of my favourite shows. With the Michael as the forever dumb boss who thinks he's the best, Dwight the weird bosses' number 2 and many other characters makes it a great comedy show. I like how it's so quiet and paced. The talking heads by the characters gives us a inside into what they want to do, plan,think etc...
    I think the actors and actresses do a great job acting and I hope this funny show will last a long time.
  • Ive never been so happy about an adaptation show in my life.

I have found this show to be nothing but hilarious. Every episode is filled with amusing antics by Jim, Michael, Dwight and others. The constant pranks on Dwight by Jim keep their rivalry alive and continues to amuse even more with each different one. Michael the insensitive boss just wants everyone to like him, however that is not the case. He tries to entertain everyone but always ends up worse off than he began either saying something insensitive, sexist, or hurtful to someone at the office. The romance between Jim and Pam is just beginning and is only going to get more interesting.
  • This is a brilliant and witty show with clever gags and characters that are as funny as the are loveable. Partner that with superb casting, excellent publicity, and writing that is fit to burst with personality and originality, and you have a great show

This is a show that I did not bring myself to watching up until about the third season for one simple reason, I suspected it of being an unoriginal, Jim Carrey style movie in T.V. format, full of childish gags and characters that are too exagerated for their own good, and after watching several epidoes I realized that it is exactly that, a slapstick comedy sitcom full of pranks and character humor that i just could not get enough of. It is the kind of show that, aside from being hilarious, causes you to fall in love with the characters to an extent where you find yourself trying to predict the outcomes of their predicaments when at the supermarket or at work, while still retaining its own atypical charm. Anyone who has experienced this strange attraction to the show knows that they shouldn't be thinking about it as much as they do, but they can't help it, they are infatuated by its bottomless charisma. For many of us The Office is more than a guilty pleasure or a Thursday night activity, it is a problem, a time consuming addiction that we can't get enough of
  • MICHAEL IS A JERK!!!!!

MICHAEL IS A JERK!!!!!
    Why is Michael so mean to Toby all the time? That makes me so sad!!!! I hate him for that!!! he is a looser and that's why nobody likes him, except Dwight, who is sooo Funny! He's a idiot, but i love love this Character!
    I abosutely love the show!!!!
    MICHAEL IS A JERK!!!!!
  • The office is one of the funniest shows to ever hit television...

The Office is very funny and extremely smart. It seems though that some people don't get it. They see the show as awkward without realizing that the genius of this show is how real these characters are. Steve Carrel is amazing and he is great at making the viewers feel embarrassed for him. This is one of the few shows that bounced right back from the writers strike with ease and there is not an episode I don't like so far. Also it has a very talented cast of actors who are also amazing writers for the show so it is fun getting to see them grow their talents.
  • After Meredith sets her hair on fire at the Christmas party, Michael decides to hold an intervention for her sake, which she promptly refuses. Meanwhile, Dwight is hording the remaining Barbie Dolls that every little girl wants this year for Christmas.

This is exactly why I watch this show! It has all the elements of style, witty writing, and hilarious scenes. Classic moments include: the scene you see Meredith running around with her hair on fire (awful, I know...), Michael nailing Toby with his pen, Kevin speaking during the intervention, and the very last Barbie! And you had to give major props to Phyllis, I'm so proud of her for standing up to Angela! Even as I'm writing this, I can't help but burst into little fits of giggles. My friends and I were absolutely laughing head over heels when we went on our weekly review of The Office. This episode has gotten me through this horrid Monday; whenever I was feeling peeved or just upset, I thought about this episode and couldn't help but burst out laughing!
  • This mock-umentary about office work is a really interesting show with lots of humor. The main stroylines in this is Pam and Jim love for each other,Dwight and Angela's secret relationship and Oscar being homosexual.

I love this program so much, i watch it every week, i love the endless humor that the writers add to the program. One problem i had with this show is that Pam and Jim got together to early, i think that they could have stretched it out a bit further. But i was very glad when they both got together at the end of Season 3. One of my favorite characters in this is Creed and Kevin because they both are completely different from one another and are both very funny. The personalities that the creators have given them has really maximized comedy potential, i would recommend this to anyone as it is a fabulous show and i hope that it runs for a very long time as it is very very good.
  • A sad Christmas.

1.5
    So..there was only a few moments that made me laugh. The 1st minute was good. The scene whole thing with Meredith was just kind of awkward, which is what you would expect from The Office, but it just wasn't that funny. It hurts me to say that, because I love the show, but this was without a doubt, one of my least favorite episodes from all seasons. Maybe it's one of those that you have to watch it another time to find it funny. I don't know. Also, normally I would immensely enjoy Angela being punished by Phyllis, but the whole thing seemed over-done, and by the time the show came to an end..I just felt bad for Andy. I used to wonder how such a fantastic show could not do well in the ratings, and now I'm beginning to understand. Sob.
  • Phyllis is setting up a holiday party at the office and picks the theme of A Morracan Christmas, however she is very strict and things go crazy

Phyllis is running the christmas party at the office and picks the terrible theme of A Morrocan Christmas, and she's being very strict about it. Especially to Angela because she has power over her now she makes her take her nativity scene away, and take a tree down. Meridith starts drinking and almost burns to death, but Dwight saves her. Meanwhile Andy spends the whole time trying to play some Indian instrument. After this Michael tricks Meridith and takes her to a rehab center, while Angela goes against Phyllis threatening that she won't tell about Angela and Dwight, just so she can keep her title for running the parties, but she does and the whole office hears, except for Andy.
  • This is why I watch this show. Pam is too cute in this episode!!!

Okay, there is no doubt that the office has lost a lot of its original charm. But I think I'm okay with that because for whatever reason, the writers of this show went on a soul searching quest and came back with season 5 of The Office. The show has by no means gotten back to its prime comedic form, but I think the show has kind of evolved to a point where more is required of it to satisfy the viewer. What makes a good episode of The Office? Jim pulling a prank on Dwight, Michael coming up with a crazy scheme, Andy or Angela being at odds with another co-worker, Ryan running away from Kelly, insert random scenes of Kevin Creed or Stanley, and have an awwww moment with Jim and Pam. Seriously, was Pam not looking gorgeous as Jim approached her in the parking lot. That interaction between those two made the episode for me. I
  • Good episode highlighting on mundanities of daily existance

which is what the office does best. This is a very funny show with skilled writers. The humour is funny but the real treat is the acting. Each actor is so deadpan, accelerating what would be just a better-than-average comedy into a very good one. They all revolve around the absurdly skillful comedian Steve Carrell. Unlike in the British version of the show, where it basically is Ricky Gervais, Steve Carell is a large part of (But not the whole) show. This is not as good an episode as some of the others in this season, but still very good.
  • A great episode that was extremely underappreciated within The Office community....there was great plot devlopment, and the verbal tangle betweens....I would say Dwight's perfect crime speech at the end was one of the better endings all year

I thought this episode although only focusing on a few characters it was a great filler episode before the stretch run of this season. I hope to see more plot development with Pam and Jim, but the other relationships within the office are heating up. I expect big things from this week, as I am currently waiting and waiting until I can watch it on my computer. I rarely leave reviews, but this episode was to much to pass up.....great writing, acting, and comedic humor for all office fans to enjoy. This season has come into its own, and is my second favorite of the entire show.
  • "The Office" is an excellent series that had become one of the most successful series on television, and rightfully so.

"The Office" has become one of the most popular television shows in American television. Some people claim the show is stupid, pointless, or have many other complaints about the series. However, I believe that these people are being overly critical of the show. "The Office" is a light-hearted comedy of an American workplace. The show brings comedy to a situation that many people consider to be a dull daily experience. "The Office" is a show that brings comedy to experiences that manifest themselves in day-to-day life in an American workplace. Pranks between co-workers, an eccentric regional manager, office romances, and copious sub-plots and slap-stick comedy that are capable of putting people on the floor with laughter are present throughout the series. The show has become a staple of American culture and is one of the most hilarious shows in American comedy. "The Office" hasn't become one of the most successful series currently on American television by accident. It is a brilliant series that deserves all of the hype that it has received. "The Office" is a comedy television series. For a comedy series to be successful the only necessary requirement is for the show to make its viewers laugh. "The Office" does this with great success. The main reason that the series has become so popular is its hilarious parody of day-to-day office settings that such a large part of the American public is a part of. This is a series that is capable of allowing people to sit back after a long day at the office, or anywhere else and unwind. It can let people relax and allow all concerns and worries to temporarily take a back seat and allow viewers to enjoy themselves in the excellent entertainment that is "The Office." While this series may not be for everyone, it is worth watching at least once. The series has not become so popular for no reason. It is a show filled with comedy and brilliance. Many people have become fans of the show because it is one of the wittiest, funniest shows on the air at this time.
  • A lively office branch that gets by one day at a time. This is a great show, a lot of it's jokes are the best. It basically defines that perfect office to be in. Pranks, Romance, and Humor!

The Characters All perfectly played out. My favorite character is Dwight, hands down he is the funniest in the office. They all play their role perfectly and bring the character to life!

The Environment Perfectly set up, you got Jim right next to Dwight so he can pull his daily prank easily. Pam over at Reception right next to Jim. Michaels office and everything is set up amazingly.
  • Amazing! But not the show. The show is awful!

Ok, I have seen enough from it. Worst time I've ever spent on my life was giving this enough chances. I would love to give it a zero, but that's not possible anymore. Unwatchable, I don't know how can people get entertained with it. All the ingredients for disaster seem baked right in. Apparently, somebody sneaked and changed that recipe long ago, because is one of the most watched sit-coms on the US. This sums up perfectly what people want most out of their television nowadays: constant stupidity from people who are too dead-like to be in the slightest funny. That's the reason why there is no typical laugh tracks, because nobody would be at least chuckling. Steve Carrell plays the annoying boss in an office full of idiots, slobs, and jerks. And while the documentary style has worked before and extremely well, it only makes you want to die in this one. If a show really is that abominably shallow, complete dullness, tasteless, painful and moronic, it probably won't get canned, while the most terrific show is lucky to last 3 seasons!

Unbelievably bad, I have no choice but to see USA as a nation of bumbling idiots for the way this show does over-the-top, lunatic things for just "being funny". Or for the way they just stand there and do nothing. So terrible that all the "comedy" is based on WTF moments and the employees staring like idiots, 'oh, look at his face, it was priceless! Best show ever!'. Pathetic, really. Is just so slow and retarded; painfully unfunny. Oh yeah, and the worst is, I watched this show with high expectations wanting to like it as it is rated so high. It may even be exciting to watch... Hell no! It digraced my screen. But hey, whatever. Enjoy watching people on a workplace, and pretend it to be funny. And no, I don't even care if it is a poor remake, because it is a poor everything. I hope this nightmare ends anytime soon, cancelled-wise.

Let's the thumbs down come!!! Unless you are with me! ;)
  • Great comedy show

This is oddly enough a favorite of mine that I never imagined would be. I didn't even start tuning in until I saw it by mistake one day. I don't really like comedy shows very much because they can get a little too ridiculous sometimes, but this show makes it worth watching. Steve Carell as Michael Scott is hilarious and paired up with his sidekick Dwight Schrute(Rainn Wilson),they are unstoppable. Jim(John Krasinski) and Pam(Jenna Fischer) are so good together and they bring it into the show well. All in all, I think the story lines are great and the every cast member is very funny. Each season comes back even better and they always find a way to get on each others nerves. I hope it stays on for a few more good seasons.
  • "War of the Roses" meets "The Office."

If you find yourself scratching your head at this episode, watch "War of the Roses." It's a film from the late 80's with Michael Douglas, Kathleen Turner and Danny DeVito. This episode is really that type of humor. In the movie, there are several over the top moments where the unhappy couple jab at each other and because it's understood to be a mildly dark comedy, those jabs are funny. If "The Office" was a straight drama, this episode would be entirely awkward and uncomfortable to watch. But it's a comedy, and as such, it shouldn't be taken too seriously.
  • A mocumentary set in a fake regional office for a paper company called Dunder Miflin in Scranton PA. Easily the funniest show on TV with the writing equal to its hilarious cast.

It's very to show how highly I think of this show in such a small review space. All I can say is that this the funniest show on TV with characters that develop and grow as the seasons pass.

The show is shot in a documentary style and is set in Scranton, PA at a fictional paper company called Dunder Miflin. The show is based on a British show of the same name but with exception to the style and first ep of season 1 the US version is very much its own show and dare I say better than the UK version.

As the boss we have Michael Scott (Steve Carell) who is the most bizarre boss you are likely to see. On one hand he is very inconsiderate of his workers but at the same time he has this over bearing need to be loved by his employees. This character can be extremely annoying but in the end you can't help but feel for the poor guy. Carell plays Michael so well and is always good for more than a few laughs every episode.

Next is Dwight Shrute (Rainn Wilson) who is the top salesman in The Office and has the arrogance to prove it. He is a great character to laugh at as he always thinks very highly of himself all the while constantly being a suck up to Michael and being constantly pranked by Jim. Dwight is easily the funniest character in this show and Wilson makes the character seem real (though it would be impossible to keep a straight face playing h Dwight).

Then we come to Jim Halpert (John Krasinski), in the eyes of most fans he would be the favourite as he provides two key elements to the show. One being the humour as he pranks Dwight almost every episode but the other is the relationship arch with receptionist Pam Beesley. Krasinski brings alot of heart to this character who could just as easily have been a simple comic foil. He is 50% of the reason that the audience tends to want to see the Jim/Pam relatinship just as much as the humour that ensues.

Then we come to Pam Beesley (Jenna Fischer) who is the receptionist who is in love with Jim but takes long enough to admit it (the end of the 3rd season!) but in herself still provides some funny moments. Her moments of humour are far more subtle than say Jim's or Dwight's but her humour tends to bubble under the surface as in the first few seasons she is very shy and doesn't really stand up for herself. Fischer again does what Krasinski does and brings alot of heart to this largely farsical show and gives the audience more than just a few laughs a week.

For the sake of time the rest of the characters are Ryan, Kelly, Creed, Stanley, Phyllis, Angela, Oscar, Kevin, Andy and Meredith (and Tobey and Karen for earlier seasons). All these characters have less screen time than the previously mentioned ones but all add something to the show with their own natural approach to office situations.

As you can see from my extensive review that I can't say enough about the office, I just love it, with every ep that passes I eagerly await the next. Wondering what Michael has a meeting for, what Jim does to Dwight and what song Andy will sing. Take my advice for those who haven't seen the show, Watch It, Love It and Thank me Later!
  • Finally, an episode that comes a little close to good old ones.

Yes, I am sure in all its entirety I enjoyed this episode. Finally, the writers have produced one worthy installment this season. This episode also reminded me of some good old ones, which begin and end with a really funny scene. The Halloween costume skit, where Dwight, Creed, and Kevin come dressed as the joker was hilarious. Stanley's costume where he can sleep sitting on his desk was a good timely joke. I went crazy watching Dwight and Andy fight over the Cornell issue. The interview sequence was outrageously funny. The final scene where Andy comes dressed as a beet farmer to annoy Dwight provided the perfect finishing honors.

With good things said, I will now list the reasons for my 8 point score. The Michael-Holly story line was painful to watch. There was just this one joke, where Michael asks Holly if Darryl touched her or not. The reaction which Darryl gives was priceless. The Jim-Pam subplot was intended to be funny, but again, this was another annoying storyline.

There are a couple of things, I realized today. One - we have a new set of classifications for our reviews (cool!). Two - Holly played by Amy Ryan is an Oscar-nominated actress!! Well, a nice episode overall.
  • The Office isn't funny anymore.

What happened to this show?

Season 4 and 5 have been so BAD! I don't care about Jim and Pam anymore. They aren't cute or interesting. They are boring. Why couldn't they stay just friends? If Pam and Roy got married then it would of been way more realistic and would of helped the show significantly. And now they are getting married? Are you serious? Is this a show to entertain viewers or to make fan girls squeal every week? And yes the fan girls are entertained but we want entertaining and believable humor. Not unrealistic and tedious romance. Also there is rarely any interesting storylines. Almost every storyline is either really short or some sort of love triangle. Now I may be being a bit immature with this rant. So let me calm down and express this in a more correct fashion. Michael: The way he acts now is over the top and ridiculous. He used to be the funniest character now he is just predictable and frustrating. He still is funny sometimes but it's not like it used to be. Ryan: He changed significantly in Season 4 to a jerk. Which didn't really feel like him. Also they don't take advantage of him being Michael's boss barely at all. Then he just gets fired out of nowhere. And in Season 5 he makes absolutely no sence. He isn't a character anymore he is just some guy that's there to try and make you laugh.

Dwight: I really don't know what to say about this guy. In season 4 and 5 he has acted so stupid it's just annoying. He is just a tool. A rarely successful "Insert Humor Here" tool. Jim: Has nothing going for him. He is so bland. He appears to have no real likes or interests and he never seems to get angry. Probably at his most interesting was when he was dating Karen. In which we saw a lot more of his personality (Which we also saw in Season 2.) But now he is just a boring character that makes jokes on Dwight and Michael's stupidity and is nice to them sometimes. And he likes Pam. That's about it.

Pam: Has had more character then Jim in the past few seasons. But she is rarely on screen and when she is she feels "out of character". The Office isn't a terrible show. It's just so bad now. It's always the same story. Michael does something and all the supporting characters use there 1 dimensional personalities to respond to it. The Office was never really that great. But it was, at the very least, a funny show. And now it isn't even that.
  • When Michael and Holly take their relationship to a new level in the office and accidently leave the doors unlocked, the building is burgaled. Michael comes up with the idea to hold an Auction titled Crime Aid - to help recoup the losses.

This was a really great episode, I enjoy the fact that this season has gone more into depth with the more dramatic sides of some of the casts lives. The awkward relationship between Dwight and Angela is a big theme in this episode and its played out very well. Though predictable at times it was enjoyable the whole way through, The jokes involving Michael and Especially Dwight - Classic as always. My Favourite scene in this episode was during the Crime Aid Auction, Michael is just wrapping things up as people begin to leave when Phylis brings up that her Hug has not yet been Auctioned, Michael then decides that no one would want it anyway, But Bob Vance starts the bidding at $100. Determined to help out Phylis, Dwight enters the room yelling;
    500 Dollars and One Penny!
  • Unbelievably funny!

I am new to The Office, but am watching the series from the beginning. I cannot put into words how uniquely funny and original this show is. Every one of the dysfunctional characters are at once irritating and ironically endearing -- like old friends. A true ensemble piece, yet Steve Carell stands above the rest as a modern day Archie Bunker -- ignorant, offensive, and yet completely loveable. The amazing thing about these people is that they are big losers and yet we love them like family. I recommend this show wholeheartedly, and honestly, I've become a bit addicted to it.
  • A throw back to the beginning! Ahh :)

This episode was so refreshing! I started watching this show way before it got to be the cultural phenomenon that it is today, and this episode gave me faith that the writers remember their roots.

If you go back to the early episodes (season 1 and 2), you'll see the simplicity in the show. There was no huge story arc spanning the whole season! Each and every episode was mostly independent of all others (not unlike a sitcom). I'm okay with the twist and turns of the story lately, but sometimes I just want to sit down and watch 'the office', not some daytime drama. If you didn't like this episode, then that's fine. But I think you owe it to the show to go back and understand how the series was started (post-UK version obviously) and gain some appreciation for the simple awkward moments and ridiculousness that the show is all about.
  • The Office Season 5 Episode 2 Released!!!

The Office Season 5 Episode 2 Released!!!

Before the second episode of season 5 has released, we have a high quality upload for your entertainment before it is aired on tv.

Go to http://tv-source.com/?p=11 to view it before it airs on tv.
  • The Office has it all: comedy, romance, drama, even action. But has the ever-growing number of genres this it fits into made it lose sight of its original premise?

The Office is a show that has always intrigued me. As a fan of documentaries, the discovery of mockumentaries was, for me, a great find. Mockumenataries had a unique sense of humor – an awkwardness that felt so real, so painstakingly funny; a wit and sense of realism not often found in multiple-camera films or television shows. Thus, when I found out that the British classic The Office was being revamped for the American audiences, and that it was a mockumentary, I was excited. I didn't end up seeing it until I rented season one well-into the airing of the third season, and have worked my way up so that I have viewed all of the episodes shown so far in order. I fell in love with seasons one and two, but then began to watching two concurrently with three, and that's where I noticed the giant problem plaguing the Office. Before I get into this problem, which is the one and only fault of the show (so far), let me review each individual season:

Season One: Very short, like series one of the British Office. This is my second-favorite season, as it sticks to the premise by exemplifying the quirks of the modern-day office. Many people complain about the pilot being nothing but a copycat of the original series', however, this reviewer cannot make the comparison yet, as she has not seen the pilot in awhile, and saw it before seeing the British one. Regardless, all of the episodes in this season are at least "good", if not "great". Highlights: "Diversity Day", "Basketball", "Health Care". Season Two: The absolute best season of the Office to date. It expanded on the office quirks theme by giving us some great episodes like "Office Olympics" and "Take Your Daughter to Work Day". "Office Olympics" specifically resonated with the masses, and it has been reported that similar events have been started in offices around the nation. This episode ignited the Office's figurative fire that spread across the country and has made it the hugely popular show it is today. This was also the season that started to really introduce some new elements to the show, most notably the one of romance. Jim's relationship with Pam was documented in a way that made you really fall in love with the pair and root for them. However, it was also done with a bit of subtlety, so that if you flipped the channel, you wouldn't think that you were watching some soap opera a la Passions about office romances. The romance was, and is, a major a factor, but parodying office life was still the main goal of this season. The characterization was also strong, with Jim, Dwight, and Michael becoming three standout characters with contrasting personalities: Jim, the intelligent, bored prankster; Dwight, Michael's faithful-yet-creepy assistant; and Michael, the Office's self-obsessed, oblivious king. By the brilliant season finale, "Casino Night", you were in love with every single one of the characters, and gotten to really know them. Highlights: Along with the aforementioned episodes, "The Fire", "The Client", "Email Surveillance", "Christmas Party", "Booze Cruise", …heck, just watch all of them.

Season Three: This is where the show started to unravel. The season started out strong; Gay Witch Hunt" was a hilarious episode, and a good way to start the season. However, it was the silent alarm alerting viewers of the outrageousness that was to litter this season. Not only were a great many of the episodes incredibly and uncomfortably awkward, they were unfunny. The best example of this is "Phylis' Wedding". Am I the only one who thinks it was a bit strange that Phylis' dad could suddenly walk again right during Michael's "moment of glory"? Michael's resulting actions were not only painful, but scary and unrealistic. How the writers ever believed anyone would ever act like that, especially when they know they're on film, is beyond me. One would hope they would learn from their misstep, but America loves stupid, unrealistic comedy, and so the episode, along with the rest of the season, did phenomenally in the ratings, and more strange episodes were churned out Greg Daniels and his team. The romance of the Office is probably everybody's favorite thing, but this season made it too much of the focus. The short friendship between Pam and Karen was moronic and very high school. The finale, and also climax of the romance, was not at all as strong as "Casino Night". The whole note thing was nice, but not as heartstrings-tugging as Jim's confrontation to a then-engaged Pam. I thought it was unrealistic that Jim's new branch Stamford all-of-a-sudden merged into his old branch, Scranton. It was a cheap way to re-involve Jim in the action and increase the romance. Karen was an annoying addition who should've stayed with Jim and the rest of the Stamford people in New York. Jim is my favorite character, so I'm happy that he came back, but the way they brought him home to Scranton was just too "TV-show". Perhaps still riding on a wave of excitement after their Emmy win, the writers' sense of realism was lost and they forgot that their show is a mockumentary, not a regular TV show where anything goes. This season was more of a faux mockumentary, if that makes sense. Highlights: Along with the season premiere mentioned above, "The Coup", "The Convict", "A Benihana Christmas", "The Return", and "Ben Franklin". Season Four: I'm not going to spend too much time on this dark, sad season. This season turned to black comedy for its sense of humor, and I found myself sighing and feeling bad for the characters more often than laughing at their antics. "Fun Run" and "Money" are good examples of the dark, sad "comedy" the season turned to. I'm all up for black comedy, but the thing is, the Office never wanted to be a black comedy. It wanted to be an awkwardly funny show that held a magnifying glass up to the going-ons in the American office. The episodes that weren't dark were either really boring ("Survivorman") or barely comparable to episodes from seasons prior ("Dinner Party"). I'm not sure if it was the Writer's Strike that caused this season to be so disjointed and outlandish, but whatever it was, let's hope that the cast and crew has be rid themselves of the disease for Season Five. Highlights: "Local Ad", "The Deposition". Now, let me discuss the problem that you've more-likely-than-not scrolled through the review to find out about. I talked about it in the Season Three paragraph, and my one and really only fault with the Office as a whole is this: it's lost sight of itself. After the show garnered Emmys and the viewership of millions, it began to collapse and became a giant puddle of genres. If someone asked me to describe the Office for them I would not be sure what to say. Yes, it's primarily a "comedy", but is it the awkward mockumentary that it started out as? A broad, slapstick comedy that its been incorporating elements of? Has it become a dramedy? The Office as a show does not fit into any one of these genres, which can generally be seen as a good or a bad thing. In this case, it's the latter. The Office is, truthfully, a shell of its former self – trying too hard to incorporate all the elements that Season Two executed so flawlessly, as well as the ingredients that other, more popular and not as smart shows have used to kill in the ratings. The Office, in my opinion, is like a parody of itself. Everything has become exaggerated to a point where you have forgotten that is supposed to be a documentary about office life and you just watch it the same way that you watch Two and a Half Men. I don't want to watch Charlie Sheen, I want to watch Steve Carell play Michael; not the Michael that populates the last 30 episodes, but the Michael I came to care about back in the first two seasons. A Michael that was human and believable and not a total idiotic jerk. The show also has become too much about romance. I've read interviews and things where Ricky Gervais said that his Office's main focus was the romance, but watching Series One, this is done in a less in-your-face way. Also, now that Jim and Pam have gotten together, the romance is not as interesting. There's potential for it to become interesting again, some of which Season Four exhibited, but I'm not sure that I totally believe the writers can accomplish making Jam fun to watch again. The Office is a brilliant show, with two excellent seasons, one good one, and one not-so-good one. Hopefully, Season Five will be a return to form, and the Office will be the entertaining, completely original show that it started out as once again. We hope it isn't doomed to sinking lower and lower for the rest of its lifespan. 9.0/10 = Superb.
  • The Office is a brilliant blend of drama and comedy. Throwing you straight into the action of an actual office space. Steve Carell does a brilliant job as Michael Scott.

I started off watching the Office in season 1 and was quickly found slugging through it. But then season 2 came and it started impressing me. Season 3 was great lots of great laughs. Season 4, outstanding. And now we have entered Season 5 and I must say the ride that they take you on during this doscumentary is a brilliant blend of comedy and drama. Desperate Housewives in a office basically. Michael Scott is such an eccentric boss and always saying the wrong stuff at the wrong times. This is a show you should watch believe me it's worth it.
  • Some old some new, still up to the old tricks and funny as ever with the classic Office humor we've come to know and love.

The Office is great! It's always been a personal favorite of mine. (Especially the episode where Dwight and Jim pretend to be one another and come to work...hilarious)! I think this season has quite a few new cool things in store for us. There are definately some changes what with Pam going off to school and Ryan coming back on staff.. and the ANNOUNCEMENT that I had been waiting and waiting forever for.. yay! I just love the characters in this show and I think it is quality, grade A+ entertainment. If you haven't given the show a try definitely do so! Watch the other seasons they're all great!
  • Season Opener:Weight Loss

I'll start by saying, Office is by far one of the funniest shows ever. Some of the completely ridiculous non-pc humor can really make you die laughing. Michael is the best! I can't believe Steve Carell can keep a straight face. Although at times you see Jim and Michael smirk when they probably aren't supposed to. However, after my wife and I finally got a few of our friends to watch this year, we were embarrassed for how disappointing the opener was. We as die-hard office watchers barely even laughed. We hope our friends will continue, so they can enjoy what we know will still be the funniest show on tv.
  • Memorable at times, but not the best episode

This season premiere focused on Dunder Mifflin's attempt to promote weight loss in the office, by offering a 5-day vacation incentive to the branch which loses the most weight overall. Also, Pam leaves for art school in NY, and she and Jim face having a long-distance relationship. (BUT there is a big surprise at the end!!) Angela and Andy are now engaged, but one can see Andy is more in love with Angela than Angela is in love with Andy. Although Dwight killed Angela's cat, she obviously forgave him. Michael seems to be back with Jan, but it looked like he still likes Holly, the new HR person. Ryan comes back to Scranton, after being fired for using drugs. Ironically, he returns as a "temp", replacing Pam as the receptionist. I thought overall the episode was good, but it wasn't the best episode ever. The only memorable part of this episode was what happens with Pam and Jim at the end, but I kind of wanted to know more about Michael and Jan. I hope that'll happen in the next few episodes.
  • It's all about the secondary characters - just like "The Simpsons" and "The Big Lebowski"

What do I love about "The Office," when I am usually bored by TV comedies? The secondary characters. Don't get me wrong. I like Michael Scott. He's a classic character, but the cringeworthy, crass boss who's trying too hard would have gotten old by now without a whole office full of supporting players. You never get so much of Stanley or Angela that you get bored, and that's the brilliance of the writing. The show is clearly running out of great main plotlines, but the great characters make up for what's lacking in the plot department. Anyhow, if you want to read a review of the first episode, go to: http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1064655/office_season_five_opener_a_winner.html?cat=2
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10