The Office

NBC (ended 2013)

pedroman01

The Office Fan Reviews page 5 of 21

• An amazing mockumentary written and executed beautifully.

I love all of the characters in this show. That is so rare that I thought it would never happen. All the characters have amazingly funny and original flaws that can relate with everybody because hey, we know that one guy who thinks he's way funnier than he his, or that crazy old guy, that gossipy girl, etc etc. The romantic relationship between Pam and Jim is one of the most realistic relationships I have seen on television. Their chemistry is fantastic and believable. Steve Carroll is awesome, and I love that he is in this show. He really shines as a comedian in this one.

Overall the show is definitely one of the greatest shows in the last decade, and maybe a few after and in the future.
  • Sit back and enjoy

Based on the popular British series of the same name, this faster-paced American version follows the daily interactions of a group of idiosyncratic office employees at paper company Dunder Mifflin's Scranton branch via a documentary film crew's cameras.

Regional manager Michael (Steve Carell) thinks he's the coolest, funniest, best boss ever - which, of course, makes him the uncoolest, most obnoxious and annoying boss as far as his staff are concerned. Salesman Jim Halpert (John Krasinski) has always loved receptionist Pam Beesly (Jenna Fischer) and loves sabotaging his cube-mate, the know-it-all Dwight Schrute (Rainn Wilson). Ryan Howard (B.J. Novak) started as a young, smart, self-possessed temp, but quickly figured out the real office politics despite Michael's attempts to instill the official point-of-view, and gets himself a job at corporate HQ in New York.

The staff is rounded out by quiet Phyllis Lapin Vance (Phyllis Smith), beaten down by the working life Stanley Hudson (Leslie David Baker), office alcoholic Meredith Palmer (Kate Flannery), up-tight Angela Martin (Angela Kinsey), formerly closeted homosexual Oscar Martinez (Oscar Nunez), stocky and uncouth Kevin Malone (Brian Baumgartner), ambivalent kleptomaniac Creed Bratton (Creed Bratton), Sad Sack HR rep Toby Flenderson (Paul Lieberstein), persistently love-struck Kelly Kapoor (Mindy Kaling), icy corporate manager turned Michael's girlfriend Jan Levinson (Melora Hardin), former Stamford branch denizen and Cornell graduate Andy Bernard (Ed Helms), warehouse foreman Darryl Philbin (Craig Robinson), and Pam's ex-fiancé Roy Anderson (David Denman).
  • A remake of the hit BBC television series The Office (2001), The Office (2005) is a "mockumentary" that documents a paper supply company in Scranton, Pennsylvania.

A remake of the hit BBC television series The Office (2001), The Office (2005) is a "mockumentary" that documents a paper supply company in Scranton, Pennsylvania. Some people do not and cannot appreciate the off the wall antics that The Office (2005) depicts. This show and its dark comedy is way ahead of its time and some viewers do not understand its dialog. But then there are some who can, like me. I love this show. It's funny and makes the work place to be very interesting even though it really is not. Everyone needs to watch this show. NOW!!!
  • The American Office is a take on the British version of the same name, and in my opinion, it's better.

The Office is one of those shows where I can't pick a favorite season. I love them all. The awkward moments make for an incredibly funny time, but the show is now without a heart. It's the kind of show you don't have to see every episode to get, but of course, as with most shows with plot, it helps. It's so easy to fall in love with Jim and Pam, and to see that coworker you know and hate in Dwight. It's the ultimate cute for the weekday blues, and every episode is full of brilliant humor and comedic timing. I have watched the whole show at least 7 times and I am not sick of it yet. Not even close.
  • Hillarious without sacrificing plots

This show is just absolutely amazing, epic, and innovative. Usually, when I get ready to watch a comedy for the first time, I expect that I will not get anything else out of the show except a few laughs, but this show proved that a comedy can delve out great plot lines and still be funny (the funniest show I have ever seen in my honest opinion). I love how oblivious and ignorant Michael is. It makes him endearing. Even though he says stupid things and talks without thinking, he has a ceratin innocence, for lack of a better term, that I think the boss in the UK version of this show lacks. All the characters are fantastic. They are all so diverse and watching their "big personalities" interact is so funny. My favorites are Michael and Dwight; they make me laugh the most. But I love every character in this show. That's also something great about The Office: no matter how much I "hate" a character, I do not want any of the characters to leave the show. For example, I really hate Andy, especially after season 4, but I think that he still adds something to the show. He's so annoying and phony, but it's funny, and he also brings out a different side of Dwight. Then, of course, there is the whole Jim and Pam story line. It's sweet, but it's not exactly my taste, but even of you're not enthralled in their relationship, their interactions (espacially their pranks on Dwight) are hillarious. The other relationships in the show are great too. Like the Michael/Jan thing is incredibly complex and evokes great psychological speculation from the audience. And now there's the Michael/Holly relationship that makes the Michael/Jan relationship even more confusing. The Ryan/Kelly/Daryll relationship doesn't seem very serious to me, but it is funny. Last but definitely not least, there is also the Dwight/Angela relationship (my favorite) which I really enjoy because you get to see a different,softer/sweeter side of both characters when they're with eachother. So, all in all, this show is just the perfect combination of funny, depth, and relationship development. This is in my opinion, the best show ever.
  • The Office is an incrediblely funny show. One of my favorites.

The Office is an incredibly funny show that will make you laugh over and over. Even though it takes a while to get into the show once you know the characters it is awsome. The more you watch the show the more you get to know the characters and the more you will enjoy the show. Characters like Dwight and Michael are clasics that will never disappoint you. Most people don't know this but the Office originated in England. Though i find the hummor in the American version funnier you may want to try watching the English version. The Office is a great show if you don't like at first give it some time an it will inpress you for sure.
  • Great show about "could be real life" ppl working together, with sweet twists.

My friend got me into watching it. I fell in love with it. I try to watch every episode, if i miss 1 i just rent the dvd from the library. Who ever thought of this show is a complete genius. Almost all my friends watch it, Its just the grwatest show eva made. Who wouldnt watch it? I mean seriously, only noobs wouldnt watch this amazing show. Better than any movie ive seen too. They should make a movie based on this show.!!! Whenevr a new season comes out i go straight to the library and put it on hold.
  • Michael Scott is the regional Manager of Dunder Mifflin Scranton, and thinks of himself very highly as he "manages" couple Pam and Jim, the unforgettable Dwight, and others.

I love this show so much. Not only for it's humor, but for it's story lines and character development as well. As the story keeps growing larger, the writers have kept the stories not only within the main characters, but have added stories to the minor characters as well that makes you grow to love each and every character on the show. The humor in the show is top notch as well, with Michael Scott being the ever so ignorant yet hilarious and loveable boss. And I have to mention of course the Pam and Jim story line, which yet again has taken another turn with this past season finale. Their story has been so real and so believeable, Jenna and John really have a chemistry that shows on screen. The acting on this show is really astounding. Every actor is very good and brings something to the show that truly makes it one of the best shows on television.
  • This is a charming and outrageously funny show. Season 1 and 2 were the best. The seasons afterward weren't as good but were still satisfying seasons for a great show.

Season 1: The series begins by introducing the office and its main characters via a tour given by Michael Scott for both the camera crew and Ryan Howard, a temp on his first day. News soon spreads that Dunder Mifflin's corporate headquarters plan to downsize, and the Scranton branch faces a possible closure. Employee benefits are slashed, including health care. Anxiety over downsizing grows, but Michael chooses to deny or downplay such a possibility in the interest of employee morale. One the characters, Jim, gets a crush on Pam, a girl he plays pranks with on Dwight, a hard working light head who, while gullible, knows many things an average person wouldn't. That is one of the series'running gags. In the final episode of the season, to Pam's subtle concern, Jim begins dating Katy, a purse saleswoman who visits and sets up shop briefly in the office. Overall, the season was funny with many great moments making this one of the best seasons.

Season 2: The second season was the first full season for the show and included 22 episodes. The season premiere originally aired on September 20, 2005, and the season finale on May 11, 2006. First season plots continued and new plots emerged, as well as development in most secondary characters who were left to the background in season one. The fate of the Scranton branch remained unresolved, but it did not seem to be doing well in comparison with the other branches, particularly the Stamford branch.

Over the season, romantic relationships develop between some of the characters. Jim's relationship with Katy continues. Michael and Jan have a one-night stand in the wake of Jan's divorce. This is revealed to the company by one of the other regional managers who is angry with Michael. He drifts into a relationship with Carol, the realtor who sells him his new condominium. Dwight and Angela become involved after a nighttime tryst in Jim's backyard following a party.They keep the relationship a secret from everyone else. Kelly develops a crush on Ryan. The audience also learns that Oscar is gay and Dwight doesn't realize this even when he sees Oscar and his partner together which is one of the funniest parts in the show.

Dwight resigns his position as a volunteer reserve deputy sheriff. In Booze Cruise, Jim finally decides to reveal his feelings to Pam, but is seconds too late when Roy publicly announces he's ready to set their wedding date. Jim tells her he could not attend since he would (deliberately) be on vacation in Australia at that time. He opens talks with Jan about transferring to Stamford, but has some unfinished business to attend to before deciding, finally telling Pam in the finale, that he loves her and then kisses her. Overall, this was a better season because it had more surprises, jokes, and more to go on with the 22 episodes.

Season 3: The third season had 23 episodes, consisting of 17 half-hour episodes, four 40-minute "super-sized" episodes, and two one-hour episodes. They originally aired from September 21, 2006 to May 17, 2007.

Jim has transferred to the Stamford branch, where he takes over as assistant regional manager. He finds new love with coworker Karen Filippelli, and a workplace rival in Andy Bernard, who wanted his job. He is content, but misses his former coworkers. Back in Scranton, Pam has canceled the wedding and called off her engagement to Roy. Ryan has now been hired as a full-time sales representative. Carol breaks up with Michael, leading him eventually to return to Jan. Oscar is outed inadvertently by Michael, leading Jan to offer him a three-month paid vacation and a company car so he won't sue. He takes it and is gone for half the season. Dwight and Angela continue their relationship and keep it a secret from most of their coworkers.

Corporate finally decides to close down the Scranton branch. But those plans are changed when the head of the Stamford branch, Josh Porter, who was to take a job similar to Jan's while Jim would head the enlarged Stamford office, tells Jan he will be leaving for a senior management position at Staples, a major competitor to Dunder Mifflin. Instead, the Stamford branch is shut down and its employees merged into Scranton, where Pam and Jim are reunited. Michael's management style eventually leads all the employees merged from Stamford to quit except for Karen, Andy, and Jim. Pam tries to be honest with Roy about her past with Jim and tells him they kissed, which leads to Roy trashing the bar they are in. She tells him it's over. Roy shows up at the office and attacks Jim out of jealousy. After being subdued by Dwight, he is fired.

Jan and Michael's relationship becomes public after he inadvertently emails a picture he took of her on the beach in Jamaica to Darryl. Phyllis becomes engaged to, and eventually marries, Bob Vance, owner of neighboring Vance Refrigeration. She takes a six-week honeymoon afterwards. Andy is provoked to anger after a prank played on him by Jim and Pam and punches a wall. He is subsequently sent off to anger management training, precipitating a long absence of his character from the show. Michael, after learning he is being considered for a corporate job, tries to pick his replacement through a series of Survivor-like challenges at a trip to the beach. Pam, not included in the games and feeling small, depressed, and left out, finally builds her courage and makes a speech to everyone, telling Jim she called off the wedding because of him.

In the season's finale, Jim, Karen, and Michael are interviewing for the position at corporate that turns out to be Jan's. When she confronts her superiors about this, they explain that her increasingly erratic behavior is interfering with her job and fire her on the spot. Jim ultimately decides he does not want the corporate job. He drives back to Scranton without Karen and asks Pam out on a date, and she joyfully accepts. In the final scene, we learn Ryan has gotten Jan's job. This season was less funnier than the others. The jokes were expected, but there was a bit more plot than the last season. Although the season was still pretty funny thn many other comedies on air.

Season 4: At the beginning of the season, Karen has left due to losing Jim to Pam. She becomes regional manager at the Utica branch. Pam and Jim try, but ultimately fail, to keep their relationship secret. Jan moves in with Michael, who takes a second job in telemarketing due to his deepening financial problems. Angela and Dwight break up after he takes it upon himself to euthanize her very sick cat. She begins dating Andy as Dwight licks his wounds.

Meredith is absent from several episodes, convalescing and rehabilitating after Michael hits her with his car in the parking lot. Ryan, in his new role, attempts to modernize Dunder Mifflin's way of doing business, with a new ad campaign and website. His efforts lead some of the older employees, and eventually Jim, to believe he is attempting to force them out of the company. Jan files a lawsuit against Dunder Mifflin for wrongful termination, which she loses because of Michael's testimony.

Michael and Jan host a disastrous dinner party, which ultimately ends in Michael leaving Jan. Jim also states that sometime in the future, he plans on proposing to Pam. Michael and Dwight travel to New York to party with Ryan, who has developed a drug problem. Ryan later starts to sabotage Jim's career but is then revealed to have committed fraud and will presumably be fired. Toby, after revealing his affection for Pam, announces he is leaving for Costa Rica. A replacement HR Rep, Holly Flax, is hired, who quickly shows fondness towards Michael after some awkward advances on his part. Their pending romance is cut short when Jan returns, pregnant from a sperm donor; Michael agrees to help her through the pregnancy. In the season finale, in a moment echoing their first date, Jim is about to propose to Pam, but Andy interrupts with his public proposal to Angela, who reluctantly agrees. Finally, Phyllis and the cameramen discover Angela and Dwight having sex on Angela's desk after hours. Overall, this is the 3rd most funny season. It made a lot of hilarious jokes to make anyone laugh.

The series is a great comedy. With an interesting plot, charing characters, hilarious moments, and more, season 5 is sure to be great.
  • A show revolving around a group of people who work in an office. I really thought it was such a weird concept, but my sister got me to watch the show and now I love it. Hilarious all the way through.

It has to be one of the funniest show on TV today. I had never watched it because I always thought it was kinda weird, but now since my sister got me to see one episode I'm hooked. I love Michael's character and his unique way of being the boss. I love Jam - Jim & Pam. They are a couple that aren't clique or too filled with drama, but real and a bit odd. I'm always anticipating the next episode. What more can I say? I love The Office and all the quirky characters that all in it from crazy Dwight to Stanley's more nonchalant character.
  • Amazing show, one of the best.

Originally, I never watched this show. I assumed it was stupid by the commercials, but I was completely wrong. I ended up watching an episode, and it blew me away. Every episode I laugh, and the characters each have their own personalities, it truly is an ensemble cast.

The humor in this show is dry humor, and most will remember this from another popular show like Seinfeld, but still, it's done completely differently since it's done in mockumentary-form. The show is just a masterpiece, in my opinion, and I doubt many else can pull off what The Office has done so far.

I have to give this show a 10/10, it's just too good to go any lower than that.
  • Steve carell rocks

Awesome show great writers. And nothing else to say just going to fill in words so there will be a hundred words yay! 1/4 of the way there sweet. i don't know what to say i'm the man. I'm not superstitious but i'm a little stitious. a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a yay a hundred words
  • Steve Carell is the best!

I think Steve Carell is the best actor ever! I've just seen him on Jon Stewart Daily Show and they played a sketch together, making everybody cracking with laughter!

I tried to watch some of the other international versions of The Office, but I still think that the American series is the best of all! The NBC people really know what they're good at when they decided to go for this show!

Even if some episodes may become quite uncomfortable – seeing that things like those from the series happen in everyday life – I believe that this is the real source of the humor in this series. The boss's efforts to play the cool character are so annoying and yet so funny!
  • I love this show so much! It is hilarious!

The Office is an Emmy Award-winning American television sitcom airing on NBC and developed by Greg Daniels. It is an American adaptation of the BBC series of the same name. Unlike most sitcoms, The Office is shot in a single-camera setup, without a studio audience or a laugh track, and is made in the form of a documentary, or "mockumentary". It depicts the everyday lives of office employees in the Scranton, Pennsylvania branch of the fictional Dunder Mifflin Paper Company. Although fictional and scripted, the show takes the form of a documentary, with the presence of the camera openly acknowledged. This show is totally amazing!
  • Quite possibly the best comedy on television right now.

Ok, so when I first heard of The Office, I didn't think much of it. I actually thought that it would get dull after a while since the show primarily stays in the same office setting. But after I started watching it and started to get to know the characters, I realized that there was much more to take in here than just 'another day at the office'. It's a very intelligent, fast-paced, hilarious show once you get into it. Every character is likeable in their own unique way, and I even sometimes see myself relating to different characters at different times... well, except for Dwight. Overall it is an excellent show, and I hope it lasts as long as possible.
  • Michael Scott is regional manager of Dunder Mufflin Paper Company Scranton Branch where he doesn't do much work. Pam, the secretary, and Jim, a salesman, make fun of Michael and other coworkers in this hilarious series.

This show has always made me laugh from the opening credit to the end. I have never watched it religiously but I occasionally record it or watch it online. There is not one character on the show that hasn't made me laugh. From pranks to stereotype jokes can make you laugh in more than one way. The cast does a great job taking on these ridiculous roles like Steve Carrel has done by putting his face in cement to leave his mark along with other things. Jim and Pam play pranks on their coworkers, mostly Dwight, and have always had that relationship that everyone is rooting for. Their chemistry is great and their jokes are by far the best. Overall this show is definitely a classic that everyone should watch.
  • great show with a lot of characters

i love the office the first season wasnt so great but im glad i received it as a gift i gave the others seasons a chance and ended up loving it. It has so many great charactersstanley toby(is off the show) kevin michael jim diwght meredith phylis,etc. Dwight is the best character. I never imagined a show about an office could be so good. It is better than the british version which i dont reall like. the only characters i don tlike are kelly(shut up kelly) and im glad karenleft she was unneccesary recenctly the show is showing to muhc of pam and jim and not the others hopefully they wont ruin the show.
  • A group of office workers who deal with the day to day stresses not to mention comical happenings of their fellow co-workers.

I can not say enough good things about this comedy. I am totally addicted & have been a fan since season one. Michael the boss is a complete & utter idiot that you just can't help but laugh at. Surprisingly he has a sensitive side that you get to see from time to time. Jim & Pam, my favorite couple on the show are hilariously funny as they pull one prank after another on poor Dwight. Then there is Dwight himself who I refer to as Michael's side kick. Take this group of people & put them altogether & by the end of the episode your sides hurt from laughing so much. I hope this series stays on for a long, long time. There are not many good comedies on tv anymore, but The Office in my opinon is deffinately one worth watching.
  • The smash hit comedy of the decade!

For the longest time, I've heard people say how hilarious the show The Office was, and how everybody should watch it, so one day I finally gave in and decided to tune in to an episode. I was instantly hooked! It's such a funny and great show that really stands out. It is a bit reminiscent of the way Seinfield was such huge show of the '90's that everyone watched. The actors all have such great chemistry between them, which makes for extremely funny screen time. Steve Carell does an amazing job acting, and he is extremely funny. I recommend this show to anyone looking for an exciting, funny and original comedy to watch!
  • A documentory crew films life at the office of Dunder Miflin in Scranton. A must watch television series and my personal favorite.

This is my favorite series ever. A few episodes in season 1 were bad, but most of the series have great episodes. The storyline is that a documentory crew comes in to film life in an office. The boss of the office, Micheal Scott, is an idiot who knows almost nothing about management. There is an Assistant to the Regional Manager and later Assistant Regional Manager Dwight K Shrute. He is a gullible, sci-fi maniac salesman who sucks up to his boss. There is Jim Halpert, a funny guy who often plays pranks on Dwight and other of the office workers and who has a crush on the receptionist, Pam. She has been engaged to Roy, a warehouse worker at the same company and she often helps Jim pull pranks on people. There is also Ryan, who is a temperary employie at the branch.There are a bunch of other characters who have great personalities but you'd have to watch the show to learn about them. My only complaint is that sometimes it just drags on without anything happening. Despite that it is a must watch.
  • One of a kind

This show is hilarious. It stands alone in the comedy TV genre. With so many uninteresting and unfunny shows out there today, its nice to have one that brings subtle humour into the world. Although it is based off the UK original, it has branched away to form its own unique humour and plot line. The Characters are well developed and extremelly well played. Steve Carell, who plays Michael Scott, sets the bar high, delivering so much every episode. The other characters are played perfectly too and each have there own little habits and behaviours. Everyone mixes together so well, delivering a hilarious and well-thought out show.
    It's a must watch.
  • An American remake that lives actually up to the original.

Hollywood's stagnation and lack of originality has moved beyond film and into the realm of television. American writers are not only unable to come up with unique screenplays for movies, they cannot create new shows either. This has resulted in a string of rippoffs (aka "remakes") where an American version of a foriegn show is done.

Fortunately for us The Office is one of the few American remakes that does not completely fail. In fact, the American version of The Office is a fantastic show that allows fans of the original British version to see some more of what they loved so much.
  • This show is about a guy name Michael Scott

This is the best poop show ever.nfglfgkhjflkjg fglkhfglkjh lksglks jfj fjf f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f fd f d f df d f d f d fd f df d f d fd f df df df sdf hsjhdf f ds jfs f kdj fsdjf sd fsd fs df f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f
  • A mockumentary about the modern workplace, The Office explores the everyday lives of the people who run the Scranton branch of the Dunder Mifflin paper supply company.

From Reveille and NBC Universal Television Studio comes a documentary-style look into the humorous and sometimes poignant foolishness that plagues the world of 9-to-5 in the half-hour comedy "The Office," based on the award-winning BBC hit. A fly-on-the-wall docu-reality parody about modern American office life, "The Office" delves into the lives of the workers at Dunder Mifflin paper supply company in Scranton, Pennsylvania. Regional manager Michael Scott (Steve Carell, "The Daily Show," "Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy," "Bruce Almighty") is a single, middle-aged man who is the boastful tour guide for the documentary. With unshaken enthusiasm, Michael believes he is the office funnyman, a fountain of business wisdom and his employees' cool friend. He has no clue that his employees tolerate his inappropriate behavior only because he signs their paychecks. Painstakingly trying to be liked and look cool, Michael comes off alternately absurd and pathetic.
  • There's a place In Scranton Penn- Sylvannia It's an Office named Dunder Mifflin! (Sing this to the beginning part of the theme song.)

The Office is the funniest show in the world! Every show is an original masterpiece, that paves the way for some unknown actors and actressess. Every time I watch a new episode, I think that they can't outawesome themselves, but every week they find a way to do it. It's a show that puts its UK version to shame. They've tooken a nice UK show and pumped up, and more funnier, and that is "The Office." The characters are unique in every aspect, from the famously weird Dwight Schrute, to the great Michael Scott. I especially love Jim and Pam's Relationship, or as I like to call it, PB and J(Pam Beasly and Jim).
  • Ranks up there as one of the greatest shows next to Seinfeld and Cheers.

Every decade has its classic comedy show. In this decade of two thousands, that show is The Office.

The Office is a show, as if filmed by a documentary crew, settled in Scrantion. It stars the funny Steve Carrell, well for his tidbits on The Daily Show, as a geeky boss, who doesn't think very carefully what he says before he says it.

We also have his closest employee, Dwight, who is a bit of science fiction geek. Then we have Jim, a bored salesman who has better things to do, like talking to his best friend, Pam, who also works in the same office.

Very funny show. An instant classic.
  • Could he be learning?

This show gets better with every episode that I watch. This episode was sweet. Michael totally showed that he does have a little knowledge about what it takes to be a boss, but he is still the same old boss. I love how he simply says whatever he is thinking. He just lets Pam know he thinks she's ugly with glasses. Personally I think Pam is like the perfect girl! Or in other words, I actually agree with something Creed said for the first time ever. Just looking forward to the next episode. This show is addicting!! How could anyone not love it?
  • Best comedy show on NBC

This show is so funny and also fun to watch, i didnt even start watching into until the 3rd season but after getting caught up on each episode im glad i did because now i dont miss it ever. Steve C. is one of the funniest actors to come off the daily show and the guy who plays jim is also pretty hilarious. All in all the story is great the laughs are there and its just a all around good time, espically all the pranks that go on through out the office, they give the show a lil extra something.
  • The first season was HORRIBLE to watch, but a year later I decided to give it another shot starting from season 2 and i was instantly HOOKED!

Ok first off, the first season is waaaaay out there. You can tell Michael tries way too hard to be funny and just does some insanely wack stuff. Now i first hated the show, I thought it was so lame, then all my friends were like, heather you HAVE to try it again from the second season. So i did and man were they right. The second season right off the bat you know its different. Michael is toned down a lot and his natural wit comes through a lot more then those crazy cheesy lines he had before. Now i can't stop watching it. I could re-watch all the episodes over and over again anytime! So if you thought the first season was HORRIBLE but have a great sense of humor and laugh at anything try it again from the second season, trust me, its much better!
  • American Culture Vultures mutilate another gem that was laid to rest. You can't expect to be good when your sitting in Gervais' shadow

2.2
    Its hard to impress when you come across as a rip-off, its even harder when the the original writers called it a day because they thought all that was worth doing had been done.

Theres no doubt the Carrell is a funny guy and a good actor, and the cast was well chosen, but as said, it sits in the shadow of the original and its not even a close second. Fortunatly it was wise enough to try and not be exactly the same, yet still its poor in comparision.

Frankly it just doesn't impress me when American TV studios take someone elses good idea and make thier own version. It works sometimes but normally what was 6 hours of material turns into well over 60. I call that milking an idea.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10