The Office

NBC (ended 2013)

pedroman01

The Office Fan Reviews page 9 of 21

• I never get tired of this show!!

Having been a fan of the english office i was quite aprehensive to start watching this as i was told by many people that its a very poor clone of the office UK, but i'm so glad i caved in because this is now my favourite TV show! I love how real it feels, it makes me want to work for a midsized paper company! The characters are spot on in this show, they have all developed into their roles incredibly, a big well done to the actors for this! I find myself quoting the office a lot in real life situations, because i find some of the lines absolutley hilarious! If you haven;t watched the office, i highly recommend you, you really don't know what you're missing out on!
  • The show is based on the Brittish show of the same name.

The show is well written and has a great cast. The show has really got premise of the original which a lot of shows ransformed from across the pond don't get. I think what helps the show be true to it's original is that Ricky Gervais contributes to the show. I think the cast is great Steve Carrell already accepted in to the frat pack. Now the backing cast are showing their acting chops in big comedy movies! The show has stuff like uncomfrotable scilences and kringh moments that will have you in stitches. I really think the show can make you laugh not fake laugh like sitcoms i mean its a proper comedy show and if you havent seen it yet i recomend you do because the great cast and greater writing makes this show the best of them all!!!!
  • Without a laugh track or live audience, The Office still manages to be one of the funniest comedies on TV.

The Office is unlike any show on television today. There are many reasons for this. For one thing, the writers and actors do great jobs on every episode. But the real reason to watch the office? The impeccable camera work. From blurring out to swiveling, the viewer gets the feeling of really being in te Scranton office. It is the first show I've ever seen shot this way, in home-video style. The Office is, overall, a superb comedy. Jim and Pam, of course, stand out as favorites- but then there's Dwight, and Michael, and Ryan, and so many others- every character has those little quirks which make you laugh.
  • I've just recently begun watching The Office, and I must say, I can't believe I've been missing this show for as long as it's been on!

The Office, I've learned, isn't for everyone though. My parents aren't such big fans of the show, probably because of the unorthodox style of comedy on the show, making it stand-out as very unique compared to other comedies on television today. The characters are just genius, all have their own zany and unmistakable personalities, that will definatley keep you coming back to see just what crazy antics are happening the next episode in The Office. But with comedy, also follows notable drama. I've never watched a comedy on television before that blended so well with drama. I will continue to watch and enjoy The Office as long as it's still running and entertaining the thousands of American's that choose to tune-in each week to see what's up at Dunder Mifflin!
  • I love it...

I love it... the first time i watched this... i was bored... i preferred doing my job (typing the my assignment) than watching this show... but now... it's become my best friend... i love watching Michael Scott with his pathetic attempt to make friends with everybody in the office... and the Jim and Pam's jokes for every single persons... well, actually just dwight... but they are very creative... fun fun fun... i think this is a new type of comedy where there's no laughing sound or comedic music... I LOVE IT!!!
  • THe office rocks

With great talent like this all packed into one show, who could resist. The office brings a colorful cast of characters together to make you laugh your *insert body part here * off . If you havent watched it try to, give it a try, i guarentee you after one show you will be wondering what happens to the cast of the show next. Michael is that office manager played by steve carrol that makes you wonder to question your decisions at the office that you work at, this show is def. ahead of its time and it will be a cult classic for years to come.
  • This show has all you could want! It has comedy that makes you laugh so hard you can't breathe. It has a dash of romance that keeps you on the edge of your seat. It has characters that makes you think that you know them personally. This show has it all!!

If I'm feeling a little depressed or down, The Office cheers me right up. The humor makes me forget what is going on in my life and just puts me in a happy place. I can watch any episode an endless number of times. Each character is my new friend, and I think that I actually know them all. Every episode is a new adventure that takes you into a world of happiness and laughter. The story line of the show is just classic!! This show makes me feel better and that is why it is literally my new best friend. I love The Office and I hope never ends!
  • This show is mixes comedy and drama in the best way. It's hillarious, the filming documentary style is so cool, and it has some romance thrown in for the fun of it, which makes it all the more interesting.

The Office: you wouldn't think it's the most interesting setting for a show. But it is. Each week The Office finds hillarious and interesting plots. Because it's shot like a documentary the characters also talk to the camera giving an added dimension. The characters are quirky and interesting, despite the fact that they're pretty stereotypical you still feel for them and root for them. Even when they're just totally strange. Another interesting aspect of the show is the romance. There are several office romances but the most interesting is between shy artist receptionist Pam and dorky adorable nice guy Jim. Throughout Seasons 1-3 of the show they play pranks on various other staff members, flirt, fight, and otherwise somehow avoid getting together in a way that is frustrating but totally hooking to a viewer. The dynamics between nerdy assistant Dwight and just plain strange manager Micheal also add interest and hilarity as Dwight is unflinchly loyal and Micheal is uncaring. In conclusion the office is a hillarious show and the character dynamics add a nice aspect and a bit of reality.
  • This show is soo funny! At some points, it can get kinda boring but at other than that, its a great show!

This show is so funny! Its classic and original. Eventhough the actors and actresses keep me entertained, the episodes can get kinda boring. Dont get me wrong, this show is amazing but some of the episodes are dull and dumb. But, agian, thats only some episodes. The cast is amazing. All the people on there keep the energy going and they are all really great at acing. (unlikes some people:emma roberts.....)Yeah.. i dont like that girl as you can probably tell from my review of her.... But yeah anyway the Office is an amazing show and will continue to be amazing!
  • this show is one of the good shows that are still on for the summer. i dont even care if its just reruns, its a good show. the characters go well for the show. their is a few romances and a lot of humor. steve carell is in it so you know its gotta be fun.

this show is kinda boring and slow, but after you watch it for a while it gets better. its not one of those shows where if you miss an episode then you lose track of everything. it doesnt take long for you to understand whats going on in each episode. and its not really a hard story to follow. the romance and friendships and the schemes on this show are what makes it fun to watch and easy to keep track of. i watch this show every thursday and the cast really do their part on making their show one of a kind!
  • The Office is a cleverly crafted piece of telivision that takes documentary cameras into Dunder-Mifflin.

The Office is a tale about what happens when a documentary camera comes into the world of Dunder-Mifflin, and takes you into the minds of the employee's. The always offensive Michael, the werid guy Dwight, the beta male Jim, and the receptionist Pam. (Oh and there's Ryan the fire guy.) These are just some of the few who make everyday at Duder-Mifflin full of laughs, and crazy adventures.
  • It's pretty good, but it could use a little something else...

The overall concept of this show is great, I love it, don't get me wrong. But the first two seasons were better than the third. I think that either this show or its writers have run out of ideas, and it's going the way of the old sitcom, where many of the situations end up at repetitive sexual references that get old after the first ten times. The characters are a riot, and it makes the show all the funnier when everybody in a small space has clashing personalities. I don't know what it is about Dwight, but he just makes me crack up pretty much every time I see him, same with Micheal.
  • LOL

This is such a silly show, I only watch it occasionally but when I do, oh man, its funny. Everyone at their office is an idiot except thoes 2 people. Hah, the boss is so funny, I love that guy in his show and movies. I can't get enough of his assistant... uh Dwayne? I think it's Dwayne. Anyways I just love that show and I think that the Beach Day episode was brilliant. I advise anyone who likes seeing stupid people do really stupid thing, to watch this show, its just plain silly. Um ... fill fill fill fill.
  • The funniest show ever!

The Office is the only show that could ever make me literally laugh out loud, and it does all the time. Each character is absolutely hilarious. The boss, Michael Scott, is a complete idiot, who thinks that he is the funniest man in the world. And Dwight, Michael's sidekick, is power hungry, old fashion, and all-knowing (so he thinks). He is also quite gullable. This show is brilliant, everytime I rewatch an episode, I spot something that I didn't catch the first time. It truly does get better every season.
  • You don't know what you're missing, if you're not watching...

Okay, I never watched The Office until a friend scoffed at my ignorance of it's greatness. I am so into this show now that it is all I can do to wait through another grueling week until Thursday night arrives. Now I have to wait through a whole Summer. I don't think I'll make it!
  • The office is about people in an office job setting but they are very funny

It is the best show ever!!! I cant stop laughing every time i see it. kldfjklajf fj slfjsl fs jfl sjflsk ajfjl sfjk sf jklsaf ajklf jklsafj dkl sfjkl jsfkad fasdjklfj sdkaa jksdfl afjklsd afjksdlfjk dls;fsdjkl;fjkl;sd afjksdlfkdjldfjkasl fjkasdlfjklasdfasdjkl; ;fjklasdfjj ksfl jsf jsfj l sf jsfj sj fj sfj f sf s fjkls fl sf as fj asf aj flsaj f sf jsj fj slfj sflj sl fj f jsklfk; asfj skl fjs f slfjk al j j jfld j jf jflk f j jfk f jkjl fa f jflj fj;asdfj sljf l;asjfklasjfkl;aj fj a; fa;fj a f af as f fasd
  • A documentary style comedy about the antics of a crazy boss and his employees who get into all kinds of crazy trouble and adventures.

With an always hilarious cast, extremely well done story lines and greatly written charecters I could see it becoming a great classic. I can not wait for more of the office and it's cutting edge style and comedy. Love the show Love the Cast Love the Writing if you haven't seen it please be the rest of the worlds guest and do!
  • The greatest show since Seinfeld.

One of my favourite shows, right up there with Seinfeld. It's the funniest show on TV right now I believe. The humour is just so much more refreshing than most if not all shows on right now. Original show with original storylines and original characters. Michael Scott is one of the funniest TV characters ever. Alot of the other main and minor characters are also very funny. Very quotable show, I find myself quoting the show on a regular basis. Very good rewatchability. I recommend this show to anyone looking for a good comedy. You will not be disapointed. Some people find that this shows takes a few episodes before you like it.
  • It looked like they were maintaining the integrity of the original series by shooting the show documentary style and not having a laugh track.

Never Judge a show by it’s Pilot: The Office. It's no secret that I love Sit-Coms and I am concerned about the status of the sitcom today. CHILD OF TELEVISION: Where’s Norman Lear now that we need him? When I first heard that there was going to be an American version of the British comedy series "The Office", I thought that this was a bad idea. In my defense when I first heard this news, it was in the wake of a failed attempt to do an American version of the British comedy series "Coupling". I can list a dozen reasons as to why the American version of "Coupling" failed. One reason is dialogue, that was almost copied word for word from the British series, was delivered as zingers. Another reason is that a British show does not have to meet the same network standards and practices that American shows do.

As time went on I started to become cautiously optimistic when I heard that "The Daily Shows" Steve Corel was going to star in the project. Then later I got to see some of the previews. It looked like they were maintaining the integrity of the original series by shooting the show documentary style and not having a laugh track. The pilot episode closely resembles the pilot of the original series with a few changes necessary like geographical and cultural references. I also found the American version slightly more P.C. The Character of Michael Scott can and should get away with his inappropriate sexual and racist comments because he is clueless to the fact that he is out of line. I am sure there are some who have already started their letter writing campaign claiming that the show glamorizes sexism and ethnic humor. All in all I liked the show but I never judge a show by it’s pilot.

The second episode, (Diversity Day) was edgy and funny. I liked that Michael Scott never learns his lesson nor does he have any redeeming qualities. I’ve met people like that. Also the episode does not need to have a moral. Unless you count that there are morons in the corporate world. These are elements in British Television shows that are appealing to American audiences. Look at the success of "Absolutely Fabulous ". Personally I’ve worked for people like Michael Scott and I like seeing them depicted as the dimwits that they are. Unfortunately, as in the "Dilbert Comic Strip" no one ever sees themselves as the stupid boss, they just see their stupid boss as the stupid boss.

If "The Office" stays true to original premise and does not get watered down or dumbed down it may have the potential of joining the ranks of other American Sit-Coms based on British Sit-Coms like "All in the Family", "Sanford and Son", and "Three's Company". This will not be an easy task. When "All in the Family", "Sanford and Son", and "Three's Company" first aired in the 1970's most Americans were not familiar with their British counterparts, "Till Death Us Do Part", "Steptoe and Son" and "Man About the House". Today British shows like "The Office" and "Coupling" can been seen on BBC America or on DVD, so American versions of these shows face built in expectations from their audience. Perhaps instead of just copying a successful British show we need study why these shows are appealing to American audiences because I know more and more people are tuning in to BBC America for their entertainment (and their news too).

To quote Robin Williams on Dennis Miller Live, "This country was founded bypeople who were too uptight to stay in England!"

Stay Tuned

Tony Figueroa
  • This show is one of the most aswome funniest shows I have ever seen!

It is Funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! First of the man charecter Michel Scott (Steve Carrel) is so stupid and out it makes him haleris"I love inside jokes id love to be apart of one someday" Next Dwight Shurte. He is a all time michell scoct lover and he is Funny!!!! It would take to long to describe everyone but belive me it is Very Very Very Funny!!! In this show there are many romances: Dwangela (Dwight+Angela) Jam (Jim+Pam) Man(Michel+Jan) Pob (Philese+Bob) Marel(Michel+Carel(done)) Ran (Pam+Roy(over)) Relly (Ryan+Kelly( over )) So pretty much there are funny moments relationships drama stupiditi and the all around hatred for Toby.!!
  • Very Smart and Funny.

One of the great things about this show is that it gets funnier each time you watch it. The first time i saw it i was like "ahaha, thats sorta funny. not really... i guess its ok..." but this show really grew on me. The characters are what make it great, they are all so funny and unique. Another thing that is great about this show is the style. It is made to look like a documentary of an office. If this show didn't have that aspect to it, it would still be good, but not as great as it is now. The best thing about this show? it puts a smile on your face after a long and hard day. Strongly Recommended.
    (Don't Blame me if you don't like it though.)
  • a comedy about the employees of dundermifflin and their crazy boss, michael scott

one of theee greatest comedies ever. something to describe some of the characters
    Michael Scott- crazy
    Jim Halpert- prankster
    Dwight Schrute- ambitious
    Ryan Howard- get rid of kelly. fast
    Pam Beesly- y do u like roy
    Roy- anger management
    Andy- read above
    Stanley- black power
    Phylis- close your eyes in the parking lot
    Creed- who are you?
    Toby- just-gohome toby
    Angela- wow. stupid character
    Kelly- stop obsessing over ryan
    Overall, great show, i hope it lasts foreverr.
  • The greatest show ever made, if you havn't seen it watch it, if you want to know what the greates show is, this is it

This show has the funiest cast, no one even compares to them, i am Obsessed with the office , an ture die hard office fan, if you think the office is bad, your wrong, there is no show like it. It's so unpredictable and every second its laugh laugh laugh, Jim is the funniest out of all the cast, the competition he has between him and Dwight is hysterical, theres not enough words to describe its incrible awsomeness , if you have ever worked in an office this is the show for you, its a great sepiction of what goes on while your working i am watching the office as i wright this, i have about all the episodes on itunes
  • awsome show.

The office is one of the most lough out loud hilarious shows ever. The office takes a normal work office and shows how out of hand simple things can get like a christmas party or a saftey talk.

The office was origanaly a uk comedy and was a big hit but in my personal opinion the newer american one is much more suited to todays humor and is ten million times better than the british one that left you with a dull slapstick feeling after each episode.

in conclusion the office is a great show to sit and watch in mass amounts and it is equaly as good in small doses.
  • Just as good as the original!

I was extremley reluctant to watch this... The British version is possibly the best comedy ever, and I was convinced that the American version was going to be a horrible, watered down rip-off. There was no way that Jim and Pam would be like Tim and Dawn, Dwight could never be as uptight as Gareth, and how could anyone compare to David Brent?

I was SO wrong! The American version is intelligently written, and not a rip-off at all. Yes, the characters are similar to their British counterparts, but are hilarious in their own right. It shows that these 'office situations' happens in every country.

They were even able to expand on the supporting characters, creating a very dynamic cast. I encourage EVERY die-hard British Office fan to watch this series.
  • Well, my last review got deleted so let's try again...

This show is terrible. I cannot find ANYTHING that I enjoy about it. Dont get me wrong, the concept is good, it was fantastic when the BBC did it but, like everything else, the Americans killed it.

The American verision of the office is just not as funny, it's not as clever and the humour is no where near as sophisticated. There are very few American comedies I enjoy and this certainly is not one of them. I gave this show a chance, I tried to like it but it's just painful. It's aimed at the lowest common denominator so it's quite depressing that it has been so popular...

I would rather lick a cheese grater than watch this show.
  • A comedy about a paper company who's workers constantly face their daily niusance, their boss.

The Office is a great, no superb and cleverly funny show that requires only a couple of minutes to get hooked. Being my favorite show, I feel terrible when this show ends because I just cant get enough. Every episode is a good episode and none are tiring, yet worth watching thrice. Steve Carell does a marvelous job at keeping me breathless with laughter along with the rest of the cast. What I mainly like about the show is all the little quotes that Micheal Scott (Steve Carell) makes like "I think that I'm like a father to(his employees) and for all I know, this cup says World's Greatest Dad" which is funny because he is nowhere near being considered a father but rather a niusance due to his crazy antics. Because this show surpasses all, it deserves an 11 out of 10.
  • A paper company in Scranton Pennsylvania… where the excitement never ends. The innate comedy of suburban office drudgery is honored in this weekly mocumentary.

When a series succeeds so brilliantly, so early in it’s run, we pray it will not burn out too soon. The American version of The Office is the best comedy on television right now (although 30 Rock is giving it a run for it’s money). Where do we begin? First of all the pseudo-documentary format, without canned laughter, is a breath of fresh air for TV comedy. Although abandoning the conventions of sitcom has been around for a few years, The Office has crystallized this new format. Hand-held camera movements, and characters talking directly to the viewer capture us right out of the gate. The characters are unbelievable… in that they are so believable - everyday folks trapped in the repetitive office life of many American workers. These characters are funny and we are always rooting for them. The boss (Michael Scott played brilliantly by Steve Carrel) is loveable, obnoxious, and child like. He offends his employees whenever he tries to console them. Dwight is insane. The love triangle between Jim, Pam, and Karen is heating up, and even the smallest of characters is multi layered.

Ultimately the writing is the star of this show. If the writers can keep this talented cast saying smart (and stupid) things in clever stories than we will have a future classic for many more years to come.
  • Destined to be a cult classic!

There are few shows that can equal just how funny this one is. Come to think of it, there are no shows that can currently match it. God Bless Ricky Gervais and Steven Merchant (who created the wonderful British version of the show) and Greg Daniels for adapting it for American TV. Although I adored the British version, I have become more and more enamored with this show each and every week. The actors and the characters they portray are all simply wonderful. For a show that looked as if it may not make it past a 6 episode season one (because of 'low' viewers), this show has come a long way. It has achieved cult status and has very loyal fans. And, it is fantastic entertainment.
  • This show is the best on tv

The opening scene is just so funny. It starts of when micheal calls the office screaming and tells pam that he has burnt his foot on his george forman grill and needs her to pick him up so he can go to work. She tells him to get his girlfreind to give him a ride and he tells the office that he made her up. Next he tells them to send ryan and he needs to bring toilet paper. After a while of talking to micheal on speaker phone dwight enters the office and hears micheal is in trouble. He says ill save you micheal and darts out the door. a secound later you hear a crash and the camera turns to look outside where dwight has crashed his car into the front gate and is vomiting all over his cars. Next thing you know he gets back in and proceedes to drive away. The next few lines are hilarioous.
    Jim: Dwight wait you left your bumper.
    Micheal (from the speaker phone): Whatever you do please dont send dwight.
    Then shows intro music starts.
4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13