The Office

Spooked

Aired Thursday 9:00 PM Oct 27, 2011 on NBC

• Lame duck.

5.5

The show is desperate for some spark and Ed Helms is not it. James Spader ain´t it either and Rainn Wilson, surprisingly, neither. It´s painful to see such a fantastic franchise go through these death jerks. Losing Stever Carrell was no less devastating for this show than 2,5 men losing Sheen.

Parks and Recreation is the new Office and these guys should simply cut their losses.

• Speechless.

I couldn't agree more with fleecej. I'm just baffled that they haven't pulled the plug early or gone crawling back to Steve Carell on their hands and knees with a blank check begging him to return!

First of all, I'm extremely disappointed with how weak Robert California turned out to be as a character. How could they just completely nail it on the season 7 finale only to come back the following season and roll him off a cliff? They should have put him in the regional manager's seat instead..

Speaking of Andy, are you kidding me? A character who shined through four whole seasons and even starred in hollywood blockbusters, Andy plays the role of the Michael Scott's replacement and does so just miserably - it's barbaric even. His facial expressions seem forced and he has lost any sense of wit. They've even resorted to overusing sexual innuendos in a desperate plight to suck the laughter out of the viewers. Oops.

Jim. Where to begin? Please, someone take the floor for this one because I just don't even know what to say. Except this: just stop, please. K thanks, bye.

• Sloppy.

Is this really what the office is like without Michael? There was once a time when the characters on The Office, were normal. You saw people on the show and you would think "Hey, I know someone just like that!". Now, every other character on the show is an idiot. When Kevin started out, yeah, he was kind of dumb, but this season he's gone full moron mode. Let's count all the idiot characters on the show, shall we? There's Andy, Erin, Kevin, Kelly and Gabe. That's way too many stupid characters, four more than the average sitcom. Also, Andy is a terrible boss and he's not funny at all. Michael would get everyone together in the conference room, cause a commotion and then completely misinterpret the situation. Andy just sits in his office and lets other people cause commotions so that he can ignore them to avoid conflict! Last but not least, Robert California, what the hell was that all about? He doesn't belong in the office. And what was the deal with his kid, was there any point to that at all? Overall, this show sucks without Michael, that's all I really need to say.

• Not only has the show jumped the shark, it is now beating it mercilessly with a hammer.

I literally didn't laugh once throughout this entire episode.

Whatever hope I had retained that the show would manage to continue after Steve Carell's departure are now dashed. The writers seem not only disinterested, but actually confused as to the direction of the show.

The result, for me anyway, is that I am confused along with them -- I'm not even sure what I just watched. For the first time, Iwonder if I will even bother watching next week's episode.

Like so many shows that networks have flogged to death before it, watching The Office has become a depressing exercise in lingering, crueleuthanasia.

• Halloween Review #2

4.5

Erin desperately tries to create the exact Halloween party that Robert and Andy envision. Meanwhile, Jim is aghast to discover Pam believes in ghosts, and Dwight and Robert's son strike up a friendship. Wow! a Halloween special of "The Office" and it is YET the worst episode of Season 8. There are better Halloween episodes of "The Office" than this. Man, after being delivered so many funny and excellent Season 8 episodes of this show. The Halloween episode just had to be the worst of Season 8. I was so bored watching this Halloween episode. I didn't laugh a whole lot and it was just a huge disappointment. I know I'm definitely not gonna watch this Halloween episode next year when it re-runs. Only parts that did make me was the beginning of the episode with the staff showing Andy their costumes especially with Kevin being in the "Rise of the Planet of the Apes" costumes. Dwight's costumes has definitely got to be the funniest part of this episode. I also laughed pretty hard when that kid was asking Dwight about his costume and Dwight explains to the kid that his boobs for the costume has no nipples. Other than those parts, I am so extremely disappointed in this episode. I know they can do better than this. Overall, not only is it the worst Halloween episode of this show but it's also the worst episode of Season 8. 4.5/10