The Office

The Dundies

Aired Thursday 9:00 PM Sep 20, 2005 on NBC

After watching the first season, it was pretty good. I watched for entertainment. But after this episode, I'm proud to say that I am now an official fan of The Office. Season 2 was this show at it's best and the premiere did not disappoint at all.

We've still got the playful Pam & Jim friendship, possible romance, everyone is probably dying to just have it happen already. Then we got Steve Carrell, who just makes this show what it is. He's... he's... he's the American Ricky Gervais, and he's hysterical.

This season premiere was about the dundies, an award show that the Office attends to every year. Things get interesting in this episode of The Office when Pam & Roy get in a fight before Roy abandons her at the restaurant. Pam eventually ends up getting really drunk. Jenna Fischer stole the show, which is unheard of in the later seasons of this show. So I've grown to appreciate this episode, and her character. Jim & Pam end up having their first kiss, but don't mention it afterward, definite relationship development, then we got all the interactions from the supporting characters & Michael which were hilarious. But really, Jenna Fischer was the best thing about this episode, she was great.