The Office

The Injury

Aired Thursday 9:00 PM Jan 12, 2006 on NBC

• Michael hurts his foot

This was truly one of the great episodes of this series. This was an instant classic. It was one of the best starts to an episode. Not many actors make throwing up funny, but Rain Wilson made it work. There was also the brilliant work of Steve Carell. He acts like a baby but he does it very funny. There were so many good moments in this episode. It's hard to pick just one. The meeting he had was also very entertaining. It was funny when he "recovered" after Ryan helped him. On a side note I wonder if this was the beginning of something later for Ryan. If it wasn't for Michael, Dwight would be the highlight of this episode. His concussion like state was very funny. Another great moment is when Jim drove Michael and Jim to the hospital. The scene in the hospital was also hilarious. This episode also had a sweet moment when Pam told Oscar that Dwight was going to be okay. for Angela's benefit.

This episode had everything you could want.
  • My Favorite

Michael burns his foot while grilling bacon on his George Foreman grill. While Dwight is coming to "rescue" him, he crashes his car and suffers a concussion, which makes him more likeable and much nicer to his co-workers, particularly Pam. Michael is upset with the staff's lack of compassion towards his "disability". Jim and Michael take Dwight to the hospital where Michael insists that his burned foot is a more serious injury than Dwight's blunt force trauma. Before they go, Pam bids "goodbye" to the concussed Dwight, aware that she will probably never see the good-natured version of Dwight Schrute ever again.

Definitely an overrated episode of The Office, this episode was great and really funny but I don't see how this is up there with "Casino Night" and "The Job" It really doesn't make much sense. I guess I just don't understand why everyone loves this episode so much.

Yes Dwight has a concussion which is probably the best part about this episode but this episode for the most part was Michael complaining about his foot, and how he wanted people to take care of him and such. Michael's injury wasn't very realistic but it was laughable.

We didn't get much Jim and Pam development but we did get some Dwight and Angela development which is always good. A great episode, but definitely not the third best episode of the whole entire series. Overrated in my opinion.
  • Absolutely hilarious.

"The Injury" is one of the best episodes ever of The Office: it is well-written, and absolutely hilarious. Whenever I am trying to get someone as hooked on The Office as I am, I show them this episode. It is packed with laughs; I can watch it over and over again, and it never gets old. My favorite scene of this episode is when Michael is on crutches and in the bathroom; he asks Toby to have Ryan come in and help him get up: Ryan makes a slashing movement across his neck, and Toby says he's dead. I also enjoyed seeing Dwight acting "weird" (or normal, however you perceive it). This episode is truly a series classic.
  • My favorite episode of any show ever.

This was hands-down, without a doubt, no questions asked my favorite episode of my favorite show ever. It is very funny. Dwight gets a concussion after he runs his car into a pole trying to help Michael after he burned his foot on a George Forman Grill. When Dwight throws up on his car, I lost it. Really, I did. It was perfectly timed. Then, he calls Pam, Pan. I asked myself, "who can think of this stuff?" This episode also has the awkward moments the British Original was famous for. When Michael makes fun off disabled Billy Merchant it makes you cringe. Overall, this episode was my favorite of the series, and had an endless amount of laughs throughout the 30 minute episode.
  • Michael burns his foot on a George Foreman Grill (he's got a perfectly good explanation!), and he struggles to work through the tremendous pain. Pam and Ryan are must try to make him feel better so that the office can get some serious work done.

I've seen every episode of The Office (through Season 5's "Broke", aired tonight 4/23/09), and this is my favorite. I laughed beginning to end! From Michael's home remedy of bubble wrap and tape, to Ryan's extreme annoyance at having to cater to Michael (what convenience store carries yams?), to Pam's eventual sneaky solution, there's a lot to laugh at. I think that the writers must enjoy this episode too, because they allude to many episodes later when Michael is cooking outdoors. I wish that Seasons 3-5 had more brilliantly funny episodes like this one. It's the perfect balance of wackyness and relatability.
  • Michael burns his foot.

This episode is one of my favorite episodes in season two, it was extremely funny! One of my favorite parts is when Michael is on crutches and he goes into the bathroom and falls off the toilet. I love how Michael always asks Ryan to do everything for him, and asked him to help him up and clean him up a little bit. Also when Dwight rushes to go pick up Michael when he finds out he burnt his foot on a george foreman grill, and he bumps into a pole and pukes on the back on his car, resulting in a concussion.
  • This is my favorite epsiode from season 2

The opening scene is just so funny. It starts of when micheal calls the office screaming and tells pam that he has burnt his foot on his george forman grill and needs her to pick him up so he can go to work. She tells him to get his girlfreind to give him a ride and he tells the office that he made her up. Next he tells them to send ryan and he needs to bring toilet paper. After a while of talking to micheal on speaker phone dwight enters the office and hears micheal is in trouble. He says ill save you micheal and darts out the door. a secound later you hear a crash and the camera turns to look outside where dwight has crashed his car into the front gate and is vomiting all over his cars. Next thing you know he gets back in and proceedes to drive away. The next few lines are hilarioous.
    Jim: Dwight wait you left your bumper.
    Micheal (from the speaker phone): Whatever you do please dont send dwight.
    Then shows intro music starts.
  • Michael burns his foot on his George Foreman grill.

The Injury is definitely one of the funniest episodes ever of The Office. It's no wonder that this episode was picked as viewers choice. Michael was so funny in this episode. He still cracks me up every time I watch this episode, and I've watched it many, many times. I love the fact that he burnt his foot on his George Foreman grill. Michael's talking head where he explains how exactly he burnt his foot on the grill was hilarious. The Dwight and Angela stuff was hilarious. Pam was also very funny in this episode. The whole cast did such a great job in this episode. All in all, this was another great episode of The Office.
  • The funniest episode ever, hands down.

This is the only episode that had me laughing most of the time. First we get the burnt foot of Micheal which is funny in itself. Then we get Dwight driving to get him, crashing, and vomiting all over his back windshield which was one of the funniest things I had seen.
    The episode really had an emotional element to it as well when we see Dwight being nice for once and how Pam doesn't want the old Dwight back.
    Funniest moments were also when Dwight has his hand raised and doesn't realize it and the squirt bottle in the van. And how can anyone forget the bathroom scene. All of these moments are etched into my brain for the rest of my life. This is the best episode of The Office ever. It's an episode that makes me want to watch The Office all the time. They need to do these types of shows more.
  • In this episode, Michael, who enjoys waking up to the smell of sizzling bacon, burns his foot on his George Forman grill. Another injury soon occurs as Dwight, trying to help Michael in his "crippled" state, crashes his car and gets a concussio

I had heard from reliable sources that this episoded was the greatest ever. But nothing prepared me for what I saw. This short 22 minutes of pure comedy is by far the funniest thing I have ever watched. Michael's superb ignorance and Dwight's "abnormal" behavior never ceased to keep me laughing. The bubble wrapped foot (mailboxes etc.)was such a small but hilarious detail, just the kind of thing that makes this show so great. Then, of course, there is the whole hospital scene. I like how it gives the watcher the idea of the camaras' presence in the office. Definitely the greatest episode of all time!
  • Right up there with A Benihana Christmas, Gay Witch Hunt, and Casino Night.

Michael burns his foot with his George Foreman grill and feels he should be treated special in the Office but he isn't.

Dwight suffered a concussion from being in a car accident from the previous day and when Jim finds out him and Michael take Dwight to the hospital immediately. Michael doesn't like how Dwight is getting more attention for his concussion than his foot.

This episode shows Dwight acting "weird" instead of how he "normally" is. The writers were right on target when they were writing this episode. I hope to see more episodes like this future. This was also voted online by fans as their favorite episode.
  • Best episode of The Office of all time.

This show is still my favorite The Office episode of all time, simply because of the whole idea of Michael burning it foot on his George Foreman grill, and turning the office into a mini hospital of sorts. I love how he overreacts and even decides to call his mother and complain about the whole situation. The most interesting part of the show is when Dwight has a concussion. He calls Pam "Pan", raises his hand and doesn't realize it, stops talking in the middle of a sentence, and hits Michael's toe with a mini fan. Dwight really made the show for me this time, but Michael was also hilarious with his bloody stump of a foot.
  • "You can't fire me! I don't work in this van!"

If previous episodes haven't got you hooked already, this one will.

This is my absolute favorite episode of The Office EVER. If you've seen this episode, you'd know why.

Michael burns his foot on his George Foreman grill. Dwight comes to "rescue" him and crashes his car and ends up getting a concussion, which makes him more likeable to his coworkers. Michael is upset that his staff isn't more helpful to him because of his "disability." After they find out about Dwight's concussion, Michael and Jim take Dwight to the hospital and Michael insists that his injury is worse than Dwight's.

This episode has so many hilarious moments and quotes, I can't even list them all. Some funny parts are when Michael falls off the toilet and asks Ryan to help, when he asks Pam to rub butter on his foot, the bubble wrap on his foot, Jim squirting Dwight and Michael with the water bottle, and basically all of Dwight and Michael's lines.

Do not miss this episode. This is the episode that got me obsessed with the show. It is the best of the best.
  • This episode got me hooked with The Office. I hope the writers have a lot more episodes like this one in their bag.

The Office has something good going and it's crazy episodes like this one that are fun to watch. I love how Michael over exagerates the serverity of his minor foot injury while no really cares bout his "pain". The best part is the story of Dwight having a concussion and acting even weirder than normal. The trip to the hospital was the cherry on top, it was one gag after another. Pure genius this episode is.
  • Based on reviews, this one is truly a classic!

This episode and the "Christmas Special" are two of the best!! This one is a must-see for any new fans of The Office! My only question is how did he step on the grill? Does he put it on timer and place it on the floor? Something tells me he was up to something. Did you notice Michael smells his hand after he put it on Dwight's foot? Ha! ha! This will always be one of my personal favorite episodes. Long live The Office and the Michael Scott School of Business! (do a google search for the "Michael Scott School of Business"!)
  • Michael injures his foot on his George Foreman grill and Dwight gets a concussion while racing to pick up Michael, but nobody realizes this until he starts acting out of character. The members of the office refuse to give Michael any help.

Absolutely my favorite episode so far. Carell really got to show his comedic acting abilities in this one. When Dwight had his concussion and was acting nice for once you actually started to like his character and felt sorry for him when he had to go to the hospital. I just thought there were some very good jems in this episode such as Michael/Carell talking to his mother and his constant banging on things and yelling "Ryan!". This show is definately living up to its british counterpart which is one of my favorite series. The American version has the same type of humor and uncomfortable situations as the british one, yet has its own distinct sense of humor and scripting. This was definately a good quality episode.
  • Best episode yet! Michael loves to "wake up to the smell of crackling bacon" and manages to "cook his foot" on a George Foreman grill. Carell is brilliant in this episode, the highlight of the U.S. office series.

Michael is full of injuries in this episode, where he manages to cook his foot in a Foreman grill and then fashion a makeshift cast made from bubble wrap. His bumps his elbow, receiving a "protruberance" and falls off the toilet while attempting to maneuver into a stall with crutches. But the real injury belongs to Dwight, who suffers a concussion and gains a bit of conscience and charisma in the process.

Carell's bacon soliloquy at the start of the episode is the best of the series and all actors are at the top of their game. The Office is at its best when the entire cast interacts together, and some of the best scenes in this episode involve all the employees of Dunder-Mifflin, particularly the first part where Michael reveals that he has clamped his foot into the grill and needs someone to pick him up and when Michael gives his seminar on disabilities. More Office eps should take a cue from this one and allow more of the cast to take part in comedic scenes.

Absolute perfection!
  • When Michale burns his foot on a grill he thinks he has become "handicap" sadly, no one takes his injury for real, because Dwight has a more serious condition, a concussion.

Has there ever been a bigger jerk on TV? This is one of the best episodes of the season. The fact that Dwight gets hurt trying to "save" Michale just adds to the hilarity. And when Jim squirts Dwight with water to make him obey...priceless. I should have thought of using that on my girlfriend.
  • Funniest episode yet!

Being a huge fan of the British "The Office" I have always had mixed feelings about this version. I never thought it would live up to the Birtish version! However, in its second season the show has gotten much better. For the first time though with "The Injury" I felt that the show got out of the British shadow and became its own show! This show was not only had its moments it was funny from start to finish! Steve Carell showed why he won a Golden Golbe and easily why he will be up for an Emmy! I hope NBC continues to give this show the room to grow!
  • This episode is a bit different than the others because of its shows off all the great things that make "The Office" one of the best shows ever.

This episode of "The Office" is a great testament to why this series is in a word..."awesome." I have not seen even a single episode of the original BBC version, but I am glad because it probably would have warped my appreciation for this version. I honestly believe that this show is going to be one of my all time greatest sitcom favorites not because of the absurd characters and brilliant acting and writing, but truly for the giddyness that exudes out of each episode.

This episode in particular did not have some of the most hilarious lines or situations in the show's history, but it basically had every component of what makes this show so incredibly adorable, witty, and embarassing all at once.

At the beginning as Michael whined over the phone to have someone pick him up (with no volunteers), it showed the dynamic of the office and the staff work and how utterly realistic it was. This, of course, is the main strength of the series, but having the small aside of Ryan being yet again the object of Michael's affection was clever and effective.

The incident of Dwight "blowing chunks" in the parking lot is the truest testimony to the embarrassing and gross moments of the show. Plus, it, frankly, made me go, "Eww," and want to turn away, even though I fully knew I couldn't because it was so damn hilarious.

Later, with the whole "Pan" and Dwight as best buddies thing, I was surprised to realize that I had no clue what Dwight was up to, I thought it was some evil scheme or something he was doing. After the fact, though, I realize that Dwight is never conniving, but is the opposite: blunt and obscenly direct. So to believe that he was after something is counter-intuitive. I'd also like to take a moment to say that I think Rainn Wilson is absolutely fabulous and is one of the sole reasons I stay with this show every week.

The other embarassing moment with the "disability" lesson reminded us all of why we always cringe at Michael for his oblivious insensitivity, but "almost-lovability" when we remember that the man grilled his foot. ("Sometimes I just wanna clamp Michael's face in a George Foreman grill.")

My favorite scene (excluding the tender moment between Pam and Dwight near the elevators, which made me love "Concussion-Dwight" even more) had to be in Meredith's van on the way to the hospital. It is not unusual for them to act like elementary school students on a bus, but there is something quite endearing about grown men, yelling, screaming, hand-slapping, and water-squirting, which professional "adults" are not supposed to do. If that makes them more relatable, I don't know what that says about me, but I enjoyed it anyway.

Above all, the backbone of the show is truly the ensemble "extra" players in the show. (Even thought it is a little scene, I was honestly touched at the end when Pam tries to tell Angela, via Oscar, that Dwight is going to be okay.)

And as much as I love Michael, Dwight, Jim, Pam, and Ryan, I find myself tuning in every week to see Angela's uptightness, Stanley's eye rolling, Kevin's goofiness, Oscar explaining all the inane things Michael does to them, Phyllis' gentleness in the face of stupidness, Meredith's drunken madness, Creed's aloofness, and one of my favorites, Toby's straight boredom. It is this menagerie of crazy people that make me tune in every week and I thank God for them.

I read an interview with Rainn Wilson saying that the scene near the elevators was one of the first that Michael, Dwight, Jim, and Pam alone were in. It seemed to me a strange fact until I thought about it some more. We are used to them all together in group scenes and that is because the show is made up MOSTLY of these scenes. Sure, there are a lot confessional scenes and one-on-one scenes (especially Jim-with-Pam, or Michael-with-anyone), but the true drive of the show is all the workers (and their reactions), not just a few. I hope to see more insight of more and more of the others in the future because they add a delicious spice to the usual dish every week.

• I loved this episode. The relationship between Michael and Ryan (the new guy or the temp or whatever) is beautifully done here.

This is a brilliant episode.

Right now, as I type, my co-worker is at her doctor's office getting an x-ray because she thinks she's broken her arm. How did she hurt herself? A cat bit her. Yes... that's right... a cat bite.

So all day I've been thinking about this episode.

As with every other episode, there are times where it's absolutely hysterical (Michael falling over in the bathroom) and times where it's just oddly attainable.

The relationship between Michael and Ryan (the new guy or the temp or whatever) is beautifully done here. As is the relationship between Pam and Dwight.

This is my new favorite episode of the series.
  • Didn't find this episode as funny as the others.

7.1
    There was a feeling that this show was filmed before the Booze Cruise episode, as none of the characters actions referenced the episode before. There was not a hint of awkwardness between Jim and Pam, despite the announced wedding plans between Roy and Pam. I think this was the weakest episode by far.
  • Michael Burns his foot on a Goerge Foreman grill. And Dwight changes his stripes after he gets a concussion.

A very funny episode, I love when Michael starts preaching morals to everyone, It's always funny. You gotta love hypocrites. I think what makes this show so good is the subtleness of it and how realistic it is, like When the blonde girl is worried about Dwight. Poor Dwight he was just so nice, I thought Pam was going to cry when she hugged him. By far my favourite part of the episode was when Michael tried to get his foot into the CAT scanner.
  • Can't you just get up yourself? You only grilled your foot.

One of the funniest-though I say that everytime! This is just a perfect show!

Michael"Get Ryan! He needs to help me up! He'll need to clean me up a little too. Tell him to bring a wet towel."
    Toby "Ryan's...ah..dead."
    Michael "No he's not, I just saw him!"

Definitly one to watch over and over again!
  • the pam (or pan) & dwight relationship was very touching.

I love this show and this is my first review of it. there was something about this particular episode that made me want to write a review of it. so here it is. I loved it. I usually watch an episode once and forget about it. not because I don't like them I do, I just go on into the week. but for some reason, I couldn't stop thinking about this one. so I had to watch it again. I think one of the best parts was when pam was carrying dwight out and she was sad because she wouldn't see dwight like that again. it just stuck with me. she said something like it just won't be the same and he calls her adorable. it impacted me somehow and I wept. I love that scene. it showed that Rainn Wilson can completely be different and show Dwight in a way different light. great show, wonderful episode.
  • Favorite episode yet.

And that's saying something, because every episode makes me roll on the floor. I have no trouble watching the episode again immediately after its conclusion. This one truly shows what a jerk Michael is, in case anyone thought he was getting soft with his comments to Jim in last episode.
  • I like to wake up to the smell of bacon, sue me.

First time commenting on the show so sory if it sucks. I've been coming here reading everyones reviews and its spot on. I finally had to sign up and make an account here so I can write about how much I love this show! This is one of the funniest episodes this season and I think it did NBC well the night it aired, especially since CBS was showing nothing but reruns.

Opens up with Michael calling the office to get someone to pick him up since he stepped on the George Foreman grill. I love how he asks for Ryan to pick him up as if Ryan has no choice. Dwight immediately goes to the rescue, but ran right into a lightpole. Despite the injury, he goes on to pick up Michael.

When they return to the office, Michael tells everyone to treat him as if he has no injury - which is exactly what they do but Michael makes a big deal that hes not getting attention. Meanwhile Dwight seems to have received a concussion from the accident and is acting a little too nice.

Jim and Michael then had to go take Dwight to the hospital where Dwight has to get a CAT scan. It was hilarious when Michael tried to stick his foot in the CAT scan machine when Dwight was in there. Michael, you rock man.
  • Mailboxes, etc

This episode absolutely rocked & this series continues to get better & better.

My wife & I were rolling on the floor when Jim was spraying Michael & Dwight with the bottle - she's a recent convert who didn't "get" the show when it first came on.

The looks of panic on Ryan's face whenever Michael called for him, the shot of him crushing up the aspirin to put in the pudding - leading to the "miraculous" healing of Michael's foot. All classic.

Kudos to NBC for sticking with this show. Seinfeld took a couple of seasons to get going & in these days of shows getting yanked mid season, I'm glad to see they gave this one a chance to draw an audience.
< 1 2