The Office

WUPHF.com

Aired Thursday 9:00 PM Nov 18, 2010 on NBC

• Ryan tries to get his website, Wuphf.com, going

After a strong start to the season, I've been slightly disappointed in the last few episodes of The Office.. at times, it seems like the show isn't even really trying to produce a great episode, instead settling for easy jokes and mediocre plots. However, tonight's episode focused on Ryan a lot more than they have in the past three seasons and showed him and Michael trying to get people interested in his new website, which is a ridiculous combo of facebook, twitter, texting and other social networking sites.

Meanwhile, while Ryan and Michael try to get people to join the website, Dwight holds a "hay maze" in the parking lot of Dunder Mifflin to make some extra money while Jim finds that he has a commission cap and finds work not worth doing. Therefore, he finds ways to goof off.

For me, the episode was the best when we were focusing on Michael and Ryan. I've always found the idea of WUPHF.com to be insane, and the over-enthusiastic advertising campaign that Michael and Ryan remains funny after multiple viewings. I was also surprised to see the writers give Angela a new romantic interest besides Dwight. Nothing against Angela and Dwight, but that's one relationship I just don't care about anymore (the final straw was that stupid little sex contract they made.. so dumb.) Therefore, seeing Angela void the contract made me happy.

Everything else was a bit disappointing and more of the same. Jim and Pam don't have much to do as usual, Erin says some of the dumbest things I've ever heard and everybody else gets a couple of good lines a week.

Parts of me will always yearn for the good old days of the Office, but right now, I'm okay with settling for what we're being given. I'm really looking forward to seeing how they bring about Michael's departure.