Is Opra getting too big of an ego?

kevinb4444

[1]Oct 24, 2006
    • level: 20

I was at the Dr.'s office and saw that she was watching some Native Americans and said "no one should live like that" who is she too attack their culture, and then she said some ingorant comment about being the only black person that they have ever seen. I just think she is too big because she has guest that mostly suit her political views and cultural views, and she shouldn't be on there as influential as she is trying to bias people towards something, if she is explaining about that culture or view that's fine, but in the little bit I have seen of her show that doesn't seem to be what she is doing.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

darkfayth

[2]Oct 28, 2006
    • level: 3
    she feels oh so powerful and influential...   a gigantic ego indeed.  look at what she has done with hermes.  forcing the shop to open for her?  and failing to get what she wants, she went off to do a smear campaign against the innocent company?

she must be really bored with her life

marvelfan89

[3]Nov 4, 2006
    • level: 39

LMAO

CURLYHURLEY

[4]Nov 4, 2006
    • level: 25

How can you people say such terrible things about Miss's O.  She is a god she can't do anything wrong, she can have as big of ego as she wants she's the best person ever why shouldn't she.

Miss's O I'll defend you against these foul people

ez1jb

[5]Mar 11, 2007
    • level: 14
    Oprah isn't perfect, but I bet she DOES more good in a day than most of us will ever DO. In the end, it really doesn't matter much what people say-but more what they do that counts.

Neroshadow

[6]Mar 12, 2007
    • level: 14

ez1jb wrote:
    Oprah isn't perfect, but I bet she DOES more good in a day than most of us will ever DO. In the end, it really doesn't matter much what people say-but more what they do that counts.

Yeah. look didnt she donate money to that school. As long as she is doing good

hahawhat

[7]Mar 17, 2007
    • level: 24
    I don't think she's egotistical at all. I think you're just misinterpreting what you see and hear her do. I mean, look, she's donated so much of the money SHE has earned to charity, and has started that school in Africa just so those children could have an education. Does that sound egotistical? I should think not.

Elberethe

[8]Apr 19, 2007
    • level: 2

Perhaps she should have built a school for Native Americans.  I have always believed that charity should start at home.  We have plenty of need in our own country, but that probably wouldn't be as PC as helping another country.  Which is the reason she did it. 

Should the action be considered in light of the motivation or simply if it was useful or not?  There are so many unsung heros who give selflessly every day.  I can't say the publicity Oprah got for this wasn't worth every dollar she spent.  That isn't giving.  That is advertising folks.

Color me unimpressed.

It wouldn't hurt Oprah to learn some humility.  I'm sure it is hard being a star and all, but her ego does need to be checked. 

CURLYHURLEY

[9]Apr 24, 2007
    • level: 25
    Why native americans???

vitaminjd

[10]May 29, 2007
    • level: 13

Everytime I watch Oprah, I get more annoyed by how completely into herself she is.  I just finished watching today's show (favorite summer things) and I was disguested by the way she was acting.

Now, before people go and reiterate how many millions of dollars she's given to charity... calm down.  I fully acknowledge that she is insanely generous.  But to me that's a completey seperate issue.  You can be very kind and arrogant at the same time.  And I keep reading comments like "she's OPRAH"... geez people, she's just a person.

Eveytime she looks in the camera I feel like she can't see beyond her own reflection, like that friend you had in high school who loved looking at herself in the mirror.  Especially when she models products like she was today.  She was LOVING herself in those sunglasses.  And when she was lending her "expertise" to the others trying on those sunglasses... ughhh! 

And did you ever notice when she has a musical guest perform she's always watching out of the corner of her eye for the camera to pan to her?  Then she really kicks it into overdrive!  Then she tries to hug them afterward without touching them (the weirdest hugger I've ever seen).

I think Oprah has a great show (topics, set, guests etc), but in my opinion she's the worst part of it.  I have to try to ignore her hosting in order to enjoy the show.

shelley06

[11]Jun 17, 2007
    • level: 21
    Neroshadow wrote:

ez1jb wrote:

She does donate a lot--but when she's making so much money she should! I've never appreciated how she tells her viewers all of what she donates and all the good she does....

Dmluciano

[12]Jun 27, 2007
    • level: 12
    vitaminjd wrote:

Everytime I watch Oprah, I get more annoyed by how completely into herself she is. I just finished watching today's show (favorite summer things) and I was disguested by the way she was acting.

Now, before people go and reiterate how many millions of dollars she's given to charity... calm down. I fully acknowledge that she is insanely generous. But to me that's a completey seperate issue. You can be very kind and arrogant at the same time. And I keep reading comments like "she's OPRAH"... geez people, she's just a person.

Eveytime she looks in the camera I feel like she can't see beyond her own reflection, like that friend you had in high school who loved looking at herself in the mirror. Especially when she models products like she was today. She was LOVING herself in those sunglasses. And when she was lending her "expertise" to the others trying on those sunglasses... ughhh!

And did you ever notice when she has a musical guest perform she's always watching out of the corner of her eye for the camera to pan to her? Then she really kicks it into overdrive! Then she tries to hug them afterward without touching them (the weirdest hugger I've ever seen).

I think Oprah has a great show (topics, set, guests etc), but in my opinion she's the worst part of it. I have to try to ignore her hosting in order to enjoy the show.

I agree with this statement its a lot like the trya banks show its all about her

Irris

[13]Sep 23, 2007
    shelley06 wrote:
    Neroshadow wrote:

ez1jb wrote:

She does donate a lot--but when she's making so much money she should! I've never appreciated how she tells her viewers all of what she donates and all the good she does....

As much as I love the show I must agree with you. Oprah [& all those mega-rich superstars] has more than enough money to donate to basically every organization in the world. What they donate is only a drop in the bucket compared to the money they keep for their personal use which is more than enough for them to live very comfortably on.

Sconiers

[14]Dec 4, 2007
    My wife is going thru. the change of life and have had her thyroid glands removed before discovering she had the problem
    my life was a living hell. Motor mouth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have seen the guest cut off in mid sentence an break their train of thought. The look on some of the guest face tell the whole story. She needs to be sedated. When and if it happens she will turn into a Whalelephant. On a more serious note she will have to have her hormomne levels checked regulary and have her medicine adjusted. Denial is always the first thing that comes out of their mouths when you bring it to their attention. There is nothing wrong with me but on the other hand you and thats when it starts machine gun speach.

lady_joanne85

[15]Feb 4, 2008
    • level: 10
    hey you know what... it's hard to not being egoistic when you have a prime time talk show for over 20 years and become the richest and probably the most popular woman in the world... so give her a break...