Rift between Tyra and Oprah?

DAngelfan

[1]Jul 7, 2007
    • level: 3
    I was just wondering if there's some kinda rift between Oprah and Tyra-Tyra always refers to her as someone she admires on the Tyra Show, America's Next Top Model, etc, but has she ever been on Oprah's show? Has Oprah ever aclnowledged Tyra? Does Oprah dislike her because she was a model?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

DAngelfan

[2]Jul 21, 2007
    Wow you guys don't respond to anyhting do you?

Knewt

[3]Aug 9, 2007
    • level: 5
    I don't think so, but Tyra seems to copy and try to be like oprah instead of finding her own things, with her new (and sucky) talkshow and all.

IMO she should give up the talkshow and go back to modeling and running ANTM.

littlemiss22

[4]Aug 10, 2007
    • level: 1

Oprah doesnt really refer to any other talk show hosts - I don't think it reflects badly on her relationship with Tyra - Tyra's show did seem to be following Oprah's pattern though!

Im in a live oprah chat on www.babbledog.com/invite/954690, if anyone wants to chat while the show airs

pizzahair1968

[5]Sep 10, 2007
    • level: 1

tyra and her mom were on oprah tyra was telling oprah how her mom was a big part of her life. thats the main reason she became a modell because her mom supported her.

nettiewarley

[6]Sep 15, 2007
    Tyra has said more then once that she totally adores and respects Oprah and how O paved the way for people like her especially a woman of color, to have successful talk show. Oprah's format is often imitated but never duplicated. As much as I LOVE Oprahs show, her charitable personality and her success, it will one day come to an end and she will retire. Many magazine articles have speculated that Tyra is being groomed to carry on the torch. I believe she can do it. Tyra is very personable in her approach to her guest, she relates to them on a different level. Only time will tell. But as far as having beef against Oprah--no. All is good. The tabloids would love for there to be beef, a cat fight between to successful African American woman. Oh man, they would eat that up. Tyra and Oprah are two successful black entrepreneurs doing their thing and I for one as a proud African American woman, Iam proud of them

FastLikeMe

[7]Oct 10, 2007

Nah, Tyra won't be able to take over the Oprah show unless she gains some weight. All those middle aged, married, child raising, overweight, stressed housewives do not want to look at a gorgeous woman every day. They want to see someone who's fat like them, so they feel better about themselves. Tyra is too pretty to be mainstream talkshow. Rachel Ray is probably fugley enough.

However, err on the side of being skinnier and prettier. Looking like the "lady" on the right is taking it too far....

SgtCashmere

[8]Jan 16, 2009
    • level: 15

Er -- no comment about the 'Snorlax' picture.

I like Oprah Winfrey for her accomplishments. Sometimes I find her personality puts me off a bit when I watch her show, but the good she has done in the world is undeniable. Tyra Banks has a lot of potential, and I think her persoanlity rocks on the screen. Personally, I don't know either woman, so I won't imagine up a rivalry between them! LOL