The Oprah Winfrey Show

(ended 2011)

RoxieVelma

The Oprah Winfrey Show Fan Reviews (112)

7.8
  • perhaps the worst talk show ever

a bunch of good talk shows have come and gone such as arsenio hall, phil donahue, ricky lake, etc. ironically the one that is still on is oprah, the worst talk show ever. i'm just not getting any good vibe from oprah, she's really annoying. i can't stand oprah, if i'm a network executive, this is the one show that i want to ax first. a lot of good shows out there get canceled all the time, and this sorry excuse for a show keeps on going. but i guess that's life, there are some things that you need to live with even if it's as bad as oprah.
  • Oprah loves herself

Oprah is the most conceited, self-centered egotistical prig on televison. I am embarassed to say I'm from chicago.
    Isn't it funny how Oprah has had every tragedy her guests have had and will invite them on her show only to talk about her own "imaginary" experience. It amuses me how many fans she has collected just by talking about herself. Why dont people see her for what she is?
    No one's pain or tragedy will ever be as worthy to speak of as Oprah's.
    Who can identify with Oprah? Usually to keep fans you never forget them and the fact that they put you where you are today and hopefully keep you there. Hopefully we can all share Oprah's demise.
  • Self-absorbed talk show host. 22 years of Oprah is more than enough.

If women cannot realize when they are being pandered to, then they deserve the likes of an Oprah Winfrey.

She thinks she's the world's supreme authority on women, love, relationships, marriage, kids and family when she is none of the above. She has never been married, had kids nor raised a family. She could not even maintain a relationship with her Steadman.

She lives in an Oprah bubble created by her enormous wealth of $2.3 BILLION. Her agenda is to make as money for herself and give away OTHER people's money, products or services to make herself look good.
  • I was one of Oprah's first fans and if I was not home to watch her show; then I taped and and watched it later. I have seen her go through all kinds of stages and I think she is trying to go back to what she started out with.

1.7
    I think Oprah is trying to go back to where she started from because of the success
    of Dr. Phil show. I think Oprah has lost her dreams (marriage, children, etc.,) and
    now her work and dogs have replaced her dreams, and do not fulfill her as a person.
    I think she strayed from her childhood faith, to a new age religion and is lost. Sadly
    I do not think she is in a position to help anyone anymore, nor a role model living
    with a guy and not married. I pray for Oprah. She has a good show on once in awhile; however, I don't watch it as often. Her morals are not really what I think are good
    for young women to copy, and I think Oprah wears a smile but inside she is very
    unhappy.
  • Here's a woman who knows what she's talking about. She has a little bit of everything in her shows from the tear jerking moments to the heart melting and laughter that lasts.

Oprah may have been on the air for many years but I don't think she's lost one little bit of her style and luster for life and sharing with others.
    Oprah has on many occasion opened my eyes and made me think a little more about what's going on in the world around me.
    Who else can you watch to catch interviews with your fav stars, see real life stories and find out interesting facts about desinger things?
    Oprah's heart I think has got to be one of the largest around. She's a wonderful woman who can really send a message of what compassion is really meant to be like.
  • When will it end!!

This was before my time and the only reason I watched it is because the remote control was in my mother’s hand – at the time. (I have the CONTROL Now Lady! BO-Yah! Action/Adventure Forever!)

So what happened? During the near two decades of my life Oprah has lost her edge – gotten fat on ratings and praise –

Oprah is completely irrelevant now – She has no relevance today, sorry to say. I used to love her show but lately all your seeing it “How can I improve myself.” and of course “Oprah’s favorite things!!” (Wow what a treat!) Not to mention “My white husband is a doctor, we’re having problems – Oh-prah what to do!” How would Oprah know she’s not married; she has a kept man who watches her babies i.e. the 4 Dogs.

Her show represents all that is wrong with the world – There are no more serious topics anymore – no reality, its as though every episode is about the rich/famous or otherwise noteworthy due to terminal illness and/or having published a book.

I Wanna talk about ME! By me I mean the average Joe/Jody!

• It used to be a good show when I was growing up, but nowadays all she is showing are reruns and the topics on her show are getting more boring. My mom even has her magazines and says that she thinks that Nate is the worst interior designer.

3.3
    Why did I mention so-called gay interior designer Nate Berkus, you ask?

If you look at O at Home (Summer 2006), you would see how Nate transforms this family's living and dining room and lets just say that it bothers my mom (and even me) that the two small chairs in the "After" picture he put there have no backing so it kinda makes you wonder how the kids (heck, even anyone) who sits on those chairs would be able to sit up without falling backwards.

If there's one thing Nate Berkus' interior designs and Oprah's show have in common, it's that they both seem to be out of touch with the rest of the world. What's worse is that she always seems to rely on the anorexic psychologist Dr. Robin Smith to tell the guests like it is. One time, I swear that I saw her sitting on the same couch Oprah was on instead of sitting with the rest of the audience. It's like Dr. Robin was slowly but surely trying to take over the show. I wonder if Dr. Robin is going to have her own talk show called "The Dr. Robin Show", not that I would watch it--I mean Dr. Phil has his own show and he used to be on the Oprah show.

Anyway, I'll stop my rant. Maybe the show has been on so long that it's running out of ideas. After a while, it's going to go off the air (whether anyone likes it or not) putting a new show in its place, because in reality nothing lasts forever.
  • I made a purchse of phenterthin based on it being endorsed by ms Winfry,

1.9
    Dont be trapped into buying phenterthin! THis is a scam charges are hidden in the fine print,cancellation is impossible as their website does not allow you to open up the link to start a cancellation request! The free trial sample actually costs $49.95,and they automatically reorder for you at $149.95!!! I'm going to file a written complaint with the postal inpectors as this is nothing but mail fraud purpetrated using the internet! My bank supplied a phone number for the company and it turns out to be the home phone of some crook in Utah!He directed me to a customer service number that just plays a recording to go to their website to cancel! When you open the website the link to start a cancellation ticket will not open.I for one will not allow my self to be ripped off by these people, I surprised and somewhat embarrassed that ms Winfey endorses such a deceptive company! If they miss used her endoesement please let me know ! I can be contacted the email, phone@321-728-2785 or mail 1819 poinsetta bl Melbourne Fl 32901 Thank you Mike Moloney
  • Blah

Well Oprah has created thousands of bon bon feeding couch dwelling Peg Budys all across the land. I hate how Oprah always say that we men need to "do more", you dont know me #### I am a good man and I am told that I need to buy a crap load of flowers that will die in a week and waste 50 bucks. Pathetic show
  • Oprah is a real tv personality to watch!

She takes questions from studio watchers (which I think interaction is great), she showcases great talent (the visuals are superb), her discussions with celebrities are interesting because she herself is a versatily person: journalist, tv personality, lawyer, etc. She is always beautiful and genuine about showing us her workouts and her tips, and her show is empowering for women around the world in general. I love the lighting on this show and how she changes the discriminations against minority as an accomplished TV personality.
  • Time for something new.

I used to like this show and tried to watch it every day. It's gotten old over time. I think the whole me generation self improvement routine has gotten old. Although some of the guests have inspiring stories, others are just boring. I think Oprah has run out of topics. We don't need to see guests who are spoiled brat Hollywood divas. We don't need to see any more of Oprah's favorite places to shop or eat - who cares! At this point it might be more interesting to see where some anonymous construction worker likes to eat or shop.
  • Okay...not great... Can you say E X T O R T I O N !?!?!

Basically, I like that she interviews people and really keeps us informed...but god she drives me crazy...

E X T O R T I O N !!!

This could be better if she didn't feed off the people she brings on and then tries to make it seem fine by making them feel better with some sort of prize or something...

Don't watch it much anymore....kind of silly...I know what happens anyways...can be entertaining at times...

I don't get how they chose her and how she is so much more exciting then some other people...she is nothing special, and neither is the show.
  • Never worth watching!!1 sorry Oprah

5.5
    This show has been going down fast since it started appealing to only one type of audience. The show does have its moments when they do movie premieres and stuff, but overall a complete waste of time. This show is seriously overrated. No one I know even watches it anymore. The show writers, producers, et cetera need to appeal to all the audiences, not just a certain audience in particular. It is not even fun anymore. I think Oprah got rich bvecause the show was good in the past, for the people who started it, but now starts to appeal to only moneymakers. This show needs to go off the air.
  • Even Michael Jordan retired....twice

Oprah Winfrey has accomplished what many only dream about and none has equalled in the talk show world so far. There is a very good chance that we won't see another woman accomplish as much as this media mogul, but enough already! No matter how good we are, we need to know when to pack it in. I am tired of hearing about Oprah's philosphies. Why does she think it is necessary to film herself whenever she is giving away stuff...like presents to poor children in Africa etc? Good deeds should be done from the heart and not filmed to show the world how good you are.

And a Legends Ball? One note singing Ashanti is a legend? Please. Enough Oprah, you are out of stimulating topics, you are losing credibility and you are now getting to be pretty boring. Time to retire and live on a farm with your live-in boyfriend. (I hope she didn't have a show on morality).
  • If you are going to present yourself as a real journalist, you have to reresent the people by asking tougher questions tto authoritative personalities (Tom Cruise, we're looking in your direction) and not just the common people that have make mistakes in

4.6
    Alright, here's a prime example of why this show has virtually no journalistic integrity whatsoever:

1,108. The Child Rape Epidemic: Oprah One-on-One with the Youngest Victims Apr 19, 2006
    1,107. Women Who Are Living a Lie Apr 18, 2006
    1,106. The World's Best Gowns Apr 17, 2006
    1,105. Inside the Lives of People Living on Minimum Wage Apr 14, 2006

Worlds Best Gowns!!?!?? Unreal. Some days Oprah may as well be Tyra Banks trying to heal anorexia with a facial. It makes women seem petty or that just because a problem is stereotypically a "women's issue" it can be cured with a makeover or some new clothes.

The other beef I have with the show besides the belittling factor (which is only about once a week) is the snowball interviewing. For once, ask a celebrity a real question. If you are going to present yourself as a real journalist, you have to reresent the people by asking tougher questions tto authoritative personalities (Tom Cruise, we're looking in your direction) and not just the common people that have make mistakes in thier private lives. This is what separates her show dynamic from a late night Conan or Leno type of show. But thier jobs are to be funny and entertaineng while her job is to be hard-hitting and emotionally thought provoking.
  • One of the most annoying shows.

One of the most annoying shows on television. Altough I do love the guests they pick I think thats the only part of the show that I like. Its the only reason I watch this show (the little time I do). I feel Opera is just annoying (altough shes getting better).
  • Oprah is near one of the longest running series of it's time. I remember when I was little coming home from school and being stuck watching this instead of what I wanted to watch, lol.

3.3
    Oprah, you are WAY past your prime. You are a walking soap opera and have some people wondering more about your life than their own. Yet, to keep your audience, you give away free vehicles and other prizes? How about just having a good show or just retire with the rest of the burnt out Talk show hosts.
  • You were weak footed on the Bush Adm failures. The IAEA said before we went into Iraq that there weren't WMDs. I read such facts prior to the invasion.

2.7
    I was disappointed in your show. Katrina was a cat#5 & 550 miles across on Sat and hit Mon. AM. It was going to be bad. Bush didn't meet with his agency heads until Wed. Poor leadership and slow repsonce on a hugh problem. He doesn't care. He is out of touch and so was his father in 1992 on the scanner ignorance. He ignored NAACP invitations five times before responding because "he didn't have a connection." Isn't he as president to have a connection to all of us. This man and his adm are out of touch, arrogant, phoney, and untruthful. They flat don\'t care!

Ron Steinberg
  • phil donahue wannbe

i have never liked oprah winfrey. i do not care how much good she has done for the world. it seems to me that when she does not get her way she makes a big deal out of it on ther tv show and all of a sudden it is a worlwide thing. she did not get recognized trying to get into a shop in france and all of a sudden all french people are bigots. she should just shut her mouth.
  • Oprah Winfrey is depressing on this show because she does not make the whole situation cheerful like the Montel Williams Show. Now Montel when he hears the terrible story of the guest he does something good about. Oprah justs makes everything worse.

Now this show is boring and when a guest comes on Oprah's show the guest tells the whole story and then Oprah just makes the whole situation worse just by talking about it more and when it's time for a break she says this: "Well will find out next what happened after she shot him" now thats what I despise. I like the Montel Williams Show 20 Million times better than Oprah. because like I just said when the guest tells what happened Montel does something good to lighten up everyone's experience watching this show but Oprah is just terrible at what she does. So if I were you turn towards "The Montel Williams Show".
  • uhh! this show is horrible!

0.1
    My mom watches this show,I think it makes you WAY to sensitive!She tells you do this do that!!!!!uuhhhh.People keep a secret and go on this show and tell million of people!Example:a guy is gay.keeps it from his wife and lets people that he don't know,know his secret before his wife!!!Your wife/husband you should trust and tell them your secret EVER before you tell million of people on t.v. This show couldn't be worse.
  • God bless this country!

0.1
    Only in America can a person be worth a billion dollars and get that money by sitting on her ass and chatting for an hour with other overpaid and talentless people.
    I love this country!
    Toss her with Larry King and put them on some remote island somewhere and forget about them--the world would never know the difference!
  • Country singer that had a troubled relationship with her boyfriend and her mother, and she was in serious state of denial; Oprah went after her with no mercy and no compassion, excusing her behavior in name of many abused women.

0.0
    I am the biggest fan of Oprah Winfrey but today with the troubled country singer she crossed the line of common human dignity for ratings. She has always been caring and classy with her guests, today she was one more of the other talk shows. I hope that she was having just a bad day. It was so unconfortable to watch her display of power and superiority. She odds Mindy an apology.
  • Please Oprah, help me

Oprah, Hi, my name is Flavia, I'm 15 years old (will be 16 on March 29).

I have a problem, I was diagnosed with OCD.

I cut myself, but now I'm stopping thanks to Demi Lovato.

You can help realize my dream of meeting Demi?

Please? I am Brazilian.
  • Black Americana

I heard you collected Black Americana stuff, I have some pieces,If you are interested.
  • A silent killer

Dear Oprah,my name is Diego Moreno and I am greatly in-need for my sister health and well b being,she is a single woman with 4 kids presently she tried making up her life again n is presently living with a guy who does all in his power to support her morally,financially,and mentally especially in this time of need she has.Recently she has been diagnosed with stomach pain and was rushed to the ER just to get the alarming news she has pancreatic cancer, we were never aware of such illness in our family but such is life and sickness does not carry or have boundaries...presently Mom was here present to support her but she could not take the pain in seeing her baby getting deteriorated by this cancer so i decided to send her back home to Belize.. (mom is sick on her own)..now this note is to as for your help i have seen u in many ways helping others and thats why i ask god to bless u even more n more everyday. recently my sis got kicked out of her home due to the fact she could not afford her payment and we sheltered her at home for a couple months. Now her hubby got some money together to take responsibility on his own but still they are struggling ..so i ask on her behalf to please help in any way u can i know i ask very bluntly but at this moment my tears shed .. cause if it was in my power n if i was financially capable i would make her last days happy please help... my number is 2403001989... May god bless u n your family every day that goes bye.... and thanks in advance for ur time into looking toward my plea
  • Influential and a trend setter!

I have been watching Oprah shows for many years and she is one of the best interviewers out there. She has a very warming style that makes people want to talk to her about almost anything in their lives and she is very influential.

I think Oprah has covered most subjects out there and is always up to date with whats going on in the world. She has a knack with interviews and is not afraid to ask the questions that you want answers too- Oprah is not afraid to talk about the most delicate subjects such as suicide, mothers who kill their children,and racism amonst others and in my opinion thats what makes her a true expert!

So long as she keeps going I'll definately keep watching!
  • i love this show oprah is the greatest. she shares her wealth with everyone no matter who it is. this show can be very informative also. we could all learn from oprah. she helps charaties and people with issues. she came a long way from where she started.

OPRAH WINFREY

She is the greatest. This is one of the best talk shows on TV at this time. She can also have some very emotional times on her show as well as comedy,actors, and specials that are great. Especially when she has a show whrere she gives away gifts to her audiance. Do you know of any other talk show host that has given away cars to their entire audience !!!!!!! I hope her show is on for a long long time. I would love to be on her show.

Oprah is The Greatesr, We Can Learn from Her

njones68
  • Oprah is wonderful. She has great celebrity guests. She also help those that are in need. Oprah's show is informative and enertaining. She is a beautiful person with a heart of gold. I am glad to see that she is still on the air all these years.

Oprah has come a long way over the years. I remember as a child wathcing her on t.v. with my mother. She is an exceptional person who has definitely worked her way to the top. She uses her blessings to bless others. There will NEVER be another Oprah Winfrey. She is one in a million.
  • My Husband the hero

For the first time since her rollover accident last month on Farm-to-Market 1554, Rosie Cortez and her family met with Ruben Carpentier, the good Samaritan who helped save her life, at a replacement blood drive held in her honor Monday afternoon at Horseshoe Western Wear in Alice.

Cortez lost her left arm during the rollover accident on FM 1554 near FM 625 on Nov. 19. She said she was heading to a friend's house before taking her children to their tumbling and football practices.

"A normal routine for us," Cortez said.

Cortez said she over-corrected her turn while trying to avoid a reflector pole, rolling her vehicle and breaking the window on the driver's side.

"When the glass broke, I knew that I had severed my arm," she said. "There was just blood

Cortez said she tried to remain calm following the accident, and told her 9-year-old son Sebastian, who was in the front passenger side, to check and make sure his siblings were okay.

"They were in their car seats in the back," she said. "I told him to make sure the kids were fine and then get help. I knew that I was bleeding profusely and needed

Carpentier said he was not even supposed to be on the road that evening, but had been sent by his wife to pick up some milk.

"I was on my way home when she called, so I made a u-turn," he said. "About two or three minutes later, she called back and said she didn't need the milk, so I turned back around. I went about a quarter mile and I looked to my right and saw the car flip on its

Carpentier said he saw the accident and immediately stopped to render aid. Using Sebastian's shirt and an iPhone cord he had in his pocket, Carpentier made a tourniquet on her arm to stop the bleeding.

"She said, 'Just do what you need to do,'" he said. "So I reached in my pocket and I had one of those iPhone cords, tied it around her arm and just squeezed the heck out of

Carpentier said if he had been just five seconds earlier, he would have missed the accident.

"He was out there at the right moment and the right time," Cortez said. "With it being a county road, who knows how long before I would have gotten

Cortez was transported to CHRISTUS Spohn Memorial in Corpus Christi via HALO-Flight for medical attention. Carpentier said he left shortly after she was transported, but his emotions didn't hit him until later that night.

"I started crying like a little baby," he said. "I was just bawling. It was so fast. The DPS officer told me that I saved her life, but it hadn't processed in my mind at that time. He said if it had been just another 30 seconds, she would have

Carpentier said he said stayed in contact with Cortez and her family through Facebook, but wanted to give her time before meeting her again face-to-face.

"I stayed in contact, so I knew she was doing all right," he said. "I was so happy when I saw her

Cortez said she is still recovering, but has begun to get back to her regular routine.

"This is actually my second outing," she said. "I haven't really been out much. The cold weather has really taken a toll on my

< 1 2 3 4