We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

A The Originals Community
Thursday 9:00 PM on The CW

Klaus had some meaningful reading time last night...

A Poison Tree

I was angry with my friend:
I told my wrath, my wrath did end.
I was angry with my foe:
I told it not, my wrath did grow.

And I watered it in fears,
Night and morning with my tears;
And I sunned it with smiles,
And with soft deceitful wiles.

And it grew both day and night,
Till it bore an apple bright.
And my foe beheld it shine.
And he knew that it was mine,

And into my garden stole
When the night had veiled the pole;
In the morning glad I see
My foe outstretched beneath the tree.

William Blake

11 Comments
Comments (11)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Nice gothic poem; I think I'll show it to my daughter.
Flag
Am I the only one who noticed how long it took him to read that poem? Quite a bit of time passed between when he and Elijah were first reading and then when it cut back he was still on the same page.
Flag
That didn't occur to me. I mean, we know that most of the population of Mystic Falls is illiterate, but Klaus too? What is the vampire CW world coming to? ;)
Flag
Well I'm giving Klaus the benefit of the doubt, first of all he might have been daydreaming, second English isn't his primary language, particularly 19th century English
Flag
Which begs the question: Did we ever even know what country they're originally from? (Ha, 'originally'). And it was a joke, based on Price's original jokes. All bow to the great Price. ;)
Flag
Well Vikings tended to make a lot of trips to the land that became America back in the day to have their asses routinely kicked by the Native American's, presumably considering when the Mikael and Esther turned up in Mystic Falls to raise their children and considering that they were willing to make the long journey I would suggest they were Vikings and from somewhere in Scandinavia.
Flag
I think they wanted link the poem with what's going on in the storyline. it was a great start for the episode with a Klaus perspective.
Flag
Oh I absolutely loved the episode, particularly the family interactions. I just noticed the length of time Klaus spent reading the same page and the fact that either the cupboards in the kitchen are refrigerated or Elijah fed Hayley warm milk
Flag
I thought it was a refrigerator cleverly disguised as a cupboard. They do that now, right?
Flag
When Klaus was narrating it in the episode it seemed like Hayley was the apple and Elijah was the foe, it'll probably come back later on.
Flag
Indeed!I hope it translates in the storylines .
Flag
Follow this Show
Members