A The Originals Community
Thursday 9:00 PM on The CW

The Originals S01E12: "Dance Back from the Grave"

No matter what else happens in 2014, let it be known that this has been a GREAT year for villains with the first name "Papa." It's not just that Papa is a wonderful name in general, it's that the characters who've worn it have been straight-up amazing. Between the voodoo hell devil Papa Legba on American Horror Story: Coven and now his much more dapper, French-accented Papa Tunde on The Originals, expect to see a whole new generation of children named Papa in the coming years. In the case of The Originals, Papa Tunde wasn't just a terrific villain-of-the-week (though HE WAS), he was also a badly needed reminder of how wonderful this show can be when the various warring factions unite against a common threat. I craved a bigger villain earlier in the season when elements still hadn't gelled yet (and the low-stakes bickering felt, well, low-stakes), and though I can't claim to have predicted something that was always inevitable, I am feeling very relieved and justified about that initial feeling. In a show filled to the brim of back-biting Judases, it's just so nice to have a clear-cut monster for once.

Going into "Dance Back from the Grave" I had concerns that it wouldn't quite stack up to last week's apocalyptic, instant classic episode that saw Davina die during an undercover witch's all-out magic-jacking. In classic TVD style, The Originals threatened to bust out a flashback episode to take our minds off the trauma, but unlike its mothership, The Originals has established that the presence of flashbacks doesn't mean the episode will be boring. (Flashback episodes on TVD are boring to me, sorry. Costume parties are only so interesting without forward momentum.) Yes, we flashed back to WWI-era Bourbon Street, but BIG THINGS still happened in the present. Rebekah basically DIED, for one thing! That meant the flashbacks were limited to need-to-know information rather than the weird fantasy interludes they often feel like on TVD. Marcel looks terrific in a WWI soldier uniform, but I'd much rather see him tussle with a voodoo witch in the present day. Call me a simpleton.

Papa Tunde was only one of four witches that Celeste exhumed, but I'm loving the notion that she carefully selected a rogues' gallery of mini-bosses that our heroes must face. Just slightly over-the-top with his French accent, crisp white suit, and creepy twin sons, Papa Tunde was also VERY powerful in a way that finally felt threatening and scary. For one thing, he WILL throw an albino python onto a bonfire just to make a point. For another, he can suck the magic out of anybody like he's a kid drinking Capri-Suns after a soccer game. Because it turns out witches don't always rely on weaksauce ancestral magic or whatever it was Bonnie got into last season: You can just straight murder someone and absorb their powers. Between that and the Harvest, The Originals has finally cracked the code on making witches threatening. That was another thing I complained about a lot at first: Witches really sucked, so the Mikaelsons had nothing to be afraid of. That's different now! Don't get me wrong, Sophie is still the show's worst character (and is so weak that now she basically just walks around drunkenly explaining witchcraft to people), but the sight of Rebekah's insta-desiccation will stick with me for a while. Things just got REAL, magic-wise.

Despite the rash of vampire sacrifices that announced Papa Tunde's resurrection, Klaus and Marcel's relationship remained fraught in the wake of Davina's death. As we all know, Klaus took a quick day trip to Mystic Falls to have SO MUCH SEX with Caroline, but now he was back and Marcel was moping around, unwilling to help Klaus investigate the murders. So while Klaus did a few things of note (including freeing Thierry and consulting with Sophie), his biggest contributions to the plot were in flashback: He'd been the one to murder Papa Tunde originally, and because he'd also murdered Papa Tunde's creepy twin sons in the process, that meant Papa Tunde now had revenge on the brain. Meanwhile Rebekah had gone missing and was now lying in a circle of protection down at the docks, so Elijah and Hayley spent some quality time together figuring out that situation. I love whenever Hayley demands to be involved and they actually let her. In this case she came in handy because they needed witch blood to break the circle of protection around Rebekah's body and it just so happened that Hayley's baby was 1/4 witch. Because oh yeah! I'd forgotten about Klaus's mom! So that means the baby is human, witch, werewolf, AND vampire? Insane.

Anyway, not much new on the Elijah-Hayley flirtation except that a reawakened Rebekah called Elijah out for endangering the currently drama-free zone around the Mikaelson house. In my opinion Klaus had more or less given Elijah implicit permission to get close to Hayley, but Rebekah was probably correct that it wasn't going to last. And on the subject of Rebekah, I was on her side 100 percent when it came to her argument with Elijah. He came down on her very hard when she owned up to plotting against Klaus, and Elijah (who had allowed Rebekah to be daggered over and over throughout the centuries) really had no place to condemn her for protecting herself. Like, he's well-spoken and looks great in a suit, but he's a fairly massive Klaus-apologist on those matters, and I found it very satisfying when she called him a hypocrite.

The primary mechanism for flashing us back to the past was a long conversation between Marcel and Cami, which proved to be a centerpiece of sorts. Not only did she get to assert her role as a compulsion-proof human with a taste for schemes, the situation also reignited Marcel and Cami's flirtations from a while back. Obviously Cami is much improved now that she has agency, but Marcel was also very correct when he said that she'd be a fool to plot anything against Klaus. She really should just do her homework or whatever and stay out of things. I like her more and more, and she could prove to be a good voice of reason for these troubled guys, but let's not get TOO ambitious, lady.

Back to Papa Tunde: He ended up sacrificing all the inhabitants of The Garden and then sacrificed his own life in order to transfer power to Celeste. I'm already sad he's gone because Celeste is a bit of a snooze so far compared to Papa Tunde. But I'm willing to give her credit for exhuming him in the first place, and I'm super curious about the other witches (one of whom we saw in flashback and who apparently once helped Marcel and Rebekah in an old scheme against Klaus). But my tastes run extreme and I'm not sure any of the other witches will compare to the casual menace and crazy-flavor Papa Tunde brought to the table. I miss him already. Farewell, Papa Tunde!

This was a great and surprisingly important-feeling episode despite my expectation that it would be a wheel-spinner. The Originals has some pretty terrific momentum going right now. It's starting to do the things I wished it had done earlier and that means I won't know what will happen next. Unpredictability is the root of any show's greatness, so it's such a relief to see that it's here to stay.

QUESTIONS:

... Will you miss Papa Tunde?

... How much does Thierry suck?

... Are you willing to put up with Davina's (temporary) death so long as the villains are this cool?

... Should Rebekah recuperate from this trauma by going back to Mystic Falls again?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 5/20/2016

Season 3 : Episode 22

266 Comments
Comments (266)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
:) oh klaus why wouldn't he be happy after he just had forest sex with Caroline. I liked this episode it was good I still miss Davina but papa tunde was just evil and brilliant I wonder what Sabine is up to. I love this show.
Flag
I didn't have as much of a problem with Thierry running away as I had with his running away and not telling anyone who'd listen that Rebekah was being attacked! He was just sitting there drinking... That's more than being a coward.
I am gonna miss Papa Tunde. He was a great character. I'm just not into Celeste's character so far. I am interested in knowing how she's changed lives/faces so many times.
Oh, and did I just fall asleep at some point in the last eps? Where's Josh?
Flag
I agree. There was no reason for him to stay but he should have told Klaus and Elijah ASAP.
Flag
I was thinking about that. I wonder if Rebekka's keeping him actually. Last time I saw him. Rebekka confronted him about the consequences of killing Klaus.
Flag
I don't know. I mean, if she did do something to him, it wouldn't endear her to Davina, especially after what became of Tim. And it was weird that Josh wouldn't come around when Davina was dying... unless he ran away and didn't know what happened, maybe?
Flag
I hope he doesn't go Thiery path. Alas maybe the boy realized Friendzoned and decided to leave; before hearing about Divina.
Flag
- y they killed him , he had an awesome name and great accent and he almost killed an original within seconds.
- Thierry sucks for every other thing except running away like a pussy coz after seeing what papa tunde did to rebekah i dont think there is any vampire in new orleans who wont piss in their pants and run away.
- Davina was my favourite , i really miss her , i want super cool villains and davina both , y cant we have both .
-rebekah sucks , if klaus kills her bfs , and stabs her every now and then and then keep her locked for decades ,then y the hell she doesnt go away somewhere else and enjoy life , looks like she had been a dumb blonde for over 1000 years
Flag
I want to know how Cami was able to feed Marcel her blood to revive him considering how often she likes to point out that she's on vervain. Wouldn't Marcel have spit her blood back out once he tasted it?
Flag
Perhaps Marcel has developed an immunity to vervain, something that has been mentioned before in The Originals and TVD.
Flag
exactly!!!
Flag
though Rebekah is my constant weakness, well...i kinda really miss Davina!
Flag
This episode as surprisingly awesome but there were two things I didn't like: I found Diego and Thierry a couple of cool/right-man-hands/henchman of Marcel, and then they turned Thierry into a pussy!? I hope that he's compelled or something. Second, Papa Tunde. What a waste. No. Don't get me wrong. He's the one of the most amazing villains who's stepped in the Vampire Diaries/The Originals universe. With this said, WHY YOU GUYS WASTED SUCH AN AWESOME CHARACTER KILLING HIM IN JUST ONE EPISODE!? This reminds me of Lexi, another super cool character killed on her first appearance (Just in case, in my defense, I haven't read the books, sooo...). But what the hell. TVD/TO is a world full of vampires, werewolves, witches and MAGIC. They could come back. Anything is possible...
Flag
I always thought they regretted getting rid of Lexi so soon. They might regret Papa Tunde's early departure as well, who knows.
Flag
I like Cami so damn much.. I want her to become vampire, damn. She can´t survive in this. But she is so brave that if all vampires in New Orleans would be this brave Klaus would have super dangerous army.
Flag
So when Elijah was confronting Thierry and said "my sister is usually drawn to remarkable men.." does that mean Elijah thinks Stefan, Matt Donavon and Marcel are all remarkable? I hope so! That would show that he actually respects them. Actually, the only non-remarkable man I've seen her fall for was that dorky guy Klaus threw off the staircase. And that one super buff hunter guy who tried to kill her was kind of a knob too, but he was remarkable in that he was one of "the Five" I suppose.
Flag
-Ugh Cami, just get lost. At this stage I find her even more useless than Sophie, and that's saying something! And take that waste of space and a very fetchin' farmer's cap Thierry with ya!!
-I dunno, Papa Toundé was alright, I'm happy enough he was a one-and-done tbh. More interested in the possibility of Esther and/or Mikael making a reappearance! And very interested in the fact that it was Marcel and Rebekah's fault Mikael landed in New Orleans and sent the family running, minus Marcel. I'd say Klaus will have plenty to say on that matter.
-Willing to accept Davina's death, so long as it's temporary, and she's back by season finale. Old helper witch and Celeste better be worthy villians.
-That smile though. *melt*
Flag
I hear you. Personally, I've grown weary with the pouting whining of both Davina and Cami. They both go kick rocks and I wouldn't miss them at this point. Even so, I was sad to see how Davina left (temporary death, of course) and Marcel's grief was very credible.
Flag
I think it's super interesting that Rebekah and Marcel brought Mikael to town all those years ago. I feel like this plotline has a lot of promise. Just imagine how Klaus will react when he finds out, as I'm sure he will soon. I, for one, can't wait.
Flag
There are some of us who think/hope that the writers are building up to Mikael's return/resurrection with what Celeste is up to; but its more likely a return/reincarnation of Esther. This storyline coincide with what happen in the flashback.

Unless Mikael comesback discovery of Marcel and Rebekkah's plan will have little meaning
Flag
Cami shouldnt be in The Originals! She is a freaking annoying! Can u please change to another actress to take her role? Urghh..oh btw, she gave blood with vervain to marcel and marcel wanted more? hmmmm... caroline please move to new orleand and be wih klaus!! Im rooting for klaroline!! as always! :)
Flag
Also let's not forget that this was Deliver-heads-in-boxes-week!
Flag
I have to disagree, this episode had so much stupid in it.

1) I hate rewriting of history.
TVD is so bad at it do we really need the originals to do it?
According to this episode, Rebekah convinced Marcel to bring Mikael into town so he would chase Klaus away so she could be with Marcel.

But...

According to TVD, when Mikael showed up in New Orleans, Rebekah was making moves on Stefan. So she wasn't with Marcel at all...
And she was shocked that Mikael was in town...

2) Why on earth does Papa just leave Rebekah like that in the open?
Even if he assumes every witch in new Orleans would be by his side (stupid enough assumption considering Celeste should know who works with Klaus by now) there are still other witches in the world.

Shouldn't he have at least hid the body or something?

And from what Sophie said, it seems that even using rock salt would be enough to break it.

which brings me to my next point

3) Did Elijah really need to cut Haley?
He moves faster than the human eye can see. How long will it take him to find some of the stuff Sophie mentioned in a town filled with witches?

Not that Haley or the baby were in danger, but it would have been easily avoided and he could have done it by the time Sophie finished talking on the phone

4) So the baby is a witch? But it's also a vamp that makes hybrids? That can't work together...

5) Why does Papa stupidly sacrifice himself? He could have killed Klaus in 2 more minutes. Why doesn't he just do his thing again? He can easily grab any of the 3 originals at any point. It's not like it would be hard for him to lure either of the 3 original stooges into a trap.

Heck, it's possible that uber baby might even fit his needs.

I'm just so annoyed by the fact that villains on shows never bother to try their plans a second time.

6) Why does Celeste just let her new found minions die one by one?
Wouldn't have all 4 uber witches attack at once be enough?
If they have the power that Devina had, and she was alone with very little knowledge or experience could do it, why couldn't they do it together?

7) So now they made it clear 4 witches are coming back, is there even a chance that Esther isn't one of them?
More+
Flag
Congrats! you get all the awards for finding the plot holes in this episode!

Unfortunately the answer to most of your questions is this: Drama. I mean, yes all of your suggestions make sense, but if all the main characters in the show (which is named after them) died, alas we would have no show...So the question then turns into: How can we make Klaus (and by extension, his siblings) feel threatened (and cause conflict), but not threatened enough to actually kill him/them? The balance found with this question is what makes a show good.

Also, it's nice to discuss episodes and peel things back, but when I watch these supernatural shows, I tend not to think too much about all the elements. I prefer to look at the thing as a whole.
Flag
4) So the baby is a witch? But it's also a vamp that makes hybrids? That can't work together...- They are just throwing shit everywhere in shows these days. Thinking viewers are stupid. I believe the writers are high.
Flag
Oh please the only reason they wrote that in was so Elijah could take a bite of Haley. Isn't a Vamp bite supposed to be satisfying to both parties? I think was supposed to be a tid bit of an Elijah/Hailey romance. If what Sophie said was true. then any supernatural ingredient would mess up Papa spell like vamp blood, Werewolf blood etc.

Now Elijah has taken a bite of the forbidden fruit and will probably yearn for more (I admit kind of creepy)
Flag
Oh Sophie. Another placeholder character. I kept wondering why Elijah didn't just kick the dang cornmeal or salt or whatever Papa Tunde used to simply *break* the circle. Works in SUPERNATURAL, lol. By the way, I loved Tunde's twin sons. Very Marassa Vodou loa-ish of the writers to incorporate them. Too bad they were also dispatched of quite easily.
Flag
I was only commenting to number 4 of what Jason said LOL don't even get me going on the other. Like I said the writers think the viewers are stupid, which is not the case. I love this show but they kill me sometimes. I'm one of those that don't need a romance in my shows with vampires but eh some do. So we got Elijah/Hailey they could wait until she has that baby first damn. Which seems to not be progressing very well...how many months is she damn.
Flag
She should be ready to pop. Her and Klaus had sex BEFORE the summer. I'd say at least a month or two. Time has passed, I wished they would stop acting like it's not.
Flag
I hope it ends soon; but the writers can probably milk it for as long as they want. + being a supernatural birth so we don't. She's probably going to give birth in the season Finale
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
No, Rebekka and Klaus met Stephan in Chicago, after having been run out of NO by Mikael so there.
Flag
loved this episode...it had still to do with Witches, but was refreshing to not have a Davina story line...sorry Davina..you were great...
The Bad guy was awesome this week. How the originals couldn't stand up to him....i mean he had Reb, in a instant and before she could do anything, she was dead.
Loved how Elijah and Haley, tried to find each other again, after last weeks betrayal of Haley and worked together to save Reb....
The flashback were pretty cool and made clearly sense with what was happening in the future.
Loved how Marcel, ignored all commands he got from Klaus, which made it harder for Klaus to keep te group together. It was nice to see Klaus struggle to keep his minions...
Thierry...the coward! Reb, should put him back in the wall herself...!!!
The scene was so sad, when Reb fought again for her own happiness and called Elijah a hypocrite which is very true...when it comes to others, he knows exactly what they should do, but when it comes to himself...bad bad Eljiah...
So Celeste is going after the vamps...by sending other witches...
liking where this series is going...wonder how Elijah will react when he finds out that Celeste is alive...well sort of...her spirit...!!
More+
Flag
I love Elijah, but I do understand Rebekah's point. It is so clear that Klaus is Elijah's favorite sibling no matter what he's done to him in the past.
Rebekah is adorable, but I guess it's the sadist in me that loves the fact that she is just doomed to be betrayed and humiliated by every man in her life. It somehow makes her even more adorable and sympathetic-(also makes her a bit dim, but so are all these characters. I mean none of them EVER learn!) maybe I just think crying girls are cute, or maybe too many girls have been mean to me and so I subconsciously enjoy watching fictional vampire girls get tortured! Wow! Watching the Original's is like a therapy session!
Flag
Reb feels like a walking BOM sometimes...!! you expect her to blow up any minute...you would think that they learn from their past mistakes, but somehow they keep making the same mistake over and over again..
prety sad actually if you think about it. You are immortal and plenty of time to learn things, but somehow in the Originals it seems that doesn't mean a thing...
Elijah will indeed always choose for Klaus if it comes to it...that is for sure...

haahhahaha funny..that the orignals are seen as a therapy session..you are hilarious...hahahahahaha that was funny....
Flag
Here's my issues with Rebeccah walking around bitching about Klaus's daggering her.

1. You can always leave. Neither one of her brothers tried to stop her when she left the first time. No one is forcing her to remain where she feels she's not safe.
2. She has all of the daggers and Klaus even gave her the only one he had. So that means he can't dagger her any way, not does it look like he wants to. I think him really feeling remorseful about daggering Elijah has put some humility into him and he's starting to realize family is all he's got.

So her little revenge thing seems like she's stirring up a pot of misery that she should leave alone.

As for the episode. It was great. I love flashbacks, but it depends on the characters. I do agree that the FB in TVD were mainly boring. That's because I didn't care about the characters who the FB's were about. Finding out how Katherine became a vampire was awesome. Even Damon's time with Enzo back in the day was interesting, but the majority of them are boring. Klaus... every last FB he's ever had has been great and I want to see more and more of them. I hope to see FB of him and Marcel during better times when he wasn't plotting against him.

I'm also tried of Cami's ass. b*tch, die already! I wish Marcel had drained her dry till she looked like a raisin. The witches are badass and I can't wait to see what else is going to happen. Kind of sad dude died, because he put a hurting on my guys and girl. :D Love this show!
More+
Flag
I get tired of hearing a whiney bitch (Rebekkah) just gtfo if you are so damn unhappy lol. And I agree about Cami LMAO.
Flag
I totally agree on that Rebekah part. She could just go and do her thing. She's not afraid of her mother or father for that mater.
Flag

I had ALL the sex face.

Flag
  • I really loved this episode, really. I was kind of shocked that they kill Papa Tunde so fast, he was an amazing villain!
  • I wonder what's going to be Klaus reaction when he finds out that the reason he had to leave NOLA was because Rebekah plotted against him and brought Mikael back.
  • Terry sucks big time, also I hate his hat or whatever it is that thing that he wears on his head.
  • As much as I love Rebekah her behaviour is kind of annoying at this point, if she really hates Klaus, and knows that noboy can beat him, why doesn't she leaves? (I know she can't leave the show, but I really don't get it).
  • How weird is gonna be Klaus & Hayley's baby?
  • No, I do not like Cami, she's human, waht can she against an Original? For me that's the waekest part of the story.
Flag
I think part of Rebekah's point is that she shouldn't have to leave. She so badly wants to be a normal family with her brothers, but without having daggers and murder and chaos.
Flag
100% agree. It's like Cami's the Caroline of this show. Just someone hanging around badmouthing the bad boy. It's like we get it, you're mad at him, now shut the hell up! At least Caroline can be useful. Cami has yet to be proven useful at all. She fed Marcel... bid deal, any human could have done that. Did she forget the wicked things Macel has done? She was even more forgiving of the zombie king than to Klaus.
Flag
Caroline banter with Klaus is funny, at least it is for me. Cami is just mad, and I get it, but there's nothing you can do against an Original, especially if you're human, so that entire plotline is pointless.
Flag
I don't think Cami's plotline is pointless. Price sort of touched on it a bit, and many other shows that deal with a lot of death have these types of characters as well. They are there to reign the other 'bad' characters in. They mark the line in the sand that these characters cross. If Marcel, and especially Klaus went around killing everything in sight that was a threat (among other things) without remorse, the characters would end up in a big stinking heap with viewers hating them. Cami keeps them in check. She shows how immoral they really are, she helps us viewers see things from both sides. There has to be a balance. It's probably why everyone doesn't like her (or Hayley).

There is, in fact another really good example of this in modern tv that makes my point. Skylar from Breaking Bad. Nobody liked her character because everyone felt she was holding Walt back, when, in reality, Walt should've been held back a lot more as he was a morally reprehensible character that got steadily worse as that show went on.

Klaus should be held responsible for his actions. It is mostly in part his actions that have a negative affect on Cami and Hayley. I'm not saying they can't make their own decisions, but it is largely his actions that put them in danger, so they have to react to that. It doesn't mean we can't love the character or enjoy how bad he gets. It just shows us both sides. Part of the reason Breaking Bad was a success was because of the utter downfall of Walter White and the fascinating transformation of that character (highlighted very well in a scene from the start of the final episode of that series).

I for one, am happy to see how Klaus, Marcel, Elijah, and even Rebekah progress as we get to see more of the trials they will face up until the end of the first season, and, if their actions so far end up changing some of the decisions they make due to council from the moral characters of Cami and Hayley.
More +
Flag
1) Of course. I will miss him mainly because I won't be able to hear that name. Gives me chills.
2) Thierry ungrateful, that's all I got to say. But honestly, let me be standing in the same room while an ORIGINAL is taken down by a WITCH. Bye.
3) I'm #TeamCeleste at the moment and I have no idea why, so yeah. But Davina was the baddest and I really hope her without all that power doesn't damage her character.
4) Rebekah needs to stop acting like she is being forced to stay there. Yes, she preached to the choir when calling Elijah out, but damn just admit you love your brothers and want to help take back N'awlins. Even if scheming helps you hide your true feelings.
Flag
Also, "Mayor O'Connell"? seems like the O'Connell family has a long history of being pointlessly murdered by witches. OK they can kill Cami if they have to, but leave Father K alone!! -(is O'Connell Kieran's last name? Or is Kieran his last name ? does anyone know!? )

Flag
I don't think Kieran's last name has ever been stated but since Cami's last name is O'Connell it wouldn't surprise me if Kieran's was as well. It reminded me a bit of the Founding Families on TVD - where the knowledge of the supernatural world gets passed down through the generations.
Flag
I was pissed about the Thierre thing actually. Like, I really felt bad for him in the Garden, then the second he gets out he instantly turned into a whiny half whit coward! Oh well, it actually made me appreciate Diego though. At least he isn't spineless.
And that one cute witch, I don't think was just involved with ANY old plot against Klaus with Rebekah and Marcel-it's looking to me like she was involved in THE BIG ONE! The one that forced the Mikaelsons to leave New Orleans in the first place. Think about it, wasn't she the girl in the picture that Cami found from 1919 with Klaus and Marcel? At the old Opera House before it burned? Speaking of the name "Papa" -it looks to me like she helped them lure the one and only Mikael, Papa Original himself, into town. And if my calculations are correct, as "the only person Klaus fears"- Mikael isn't gonna be staying dead forever. He's just too perfect of a villain for this show to not bring back.
Flag
I was actually considering Papa Mikael's comeback tour. Papa Tunde's death at Klaus' hands forced Marcel to find Mikael. I'm not sure but it looks like the witch they Marcel and Rebekka are looking at is ALSO one of the four resurrected. I think its possible that the vampire of vampire's is their main goal. Either that or they are planning to bring back mama Mikaelson.

While I like Mikael, Mama Mikaelson is the more likely. She's a witch and she wants to kill all vamps. Oh and now her body and power is included in the French Quarter pool. Last, Papa Tunde's battlecry is "FOR THE WITCHES OF THE FRENCH QUARTER!" so why bring back a super original if you can bring back an Uber-hexen
Flag
I think Esther coming back is indeed far more likely than Michael.
Flag
Well chew on this though, the actor who played Mikael actually appeared on this show already, in the first episode flashback. that was not a scene from TVD-he has filmed a scene for this show already. I think they have to hire a whole new actress for mama original. I DO think mama original is inevitable, she will probably come back. Especially since Celeste only raised three witches so far-Celseste herself doesn't count because she has been hoping bodies for years so she isn't dead so she can't be brought back by the harvest, so they can still raise one more. (I.E Esther) but I think Mikael will come back too.
Flag
This episode pretty much confirmed for me that Klaus was not and is not really in love with Caroline. It was mere infatuation. The way he's moving on to Cami just signifies that. I think he's just infatuated with Cami too.
Flag
I thought that too. That makes the Klaroline scene so much more unbelievable!
Flag
Thats a very good point. Given his traumatic childhood and his self absorbed always-the-victim attitude the other question we should also be asking is: "Is Klaus even capable of being in love with someone?"
Flag
Klaus and hayley need more scenes. This is getting ridiculous.
Flag
1. Yes I will miss Papa Tunde, he was cool.

2. How much does Thierry suck? A LOT. Geez I can understand him running away, although that he didn't even make one bit of effort to TRY to help Rebekah really sucks - but why didn't he run straight to, well anyone and tell them what happened?? What an a-hole.

3. Davina's death, temporary or not - don't care. I liked her but don't care that she's gone and it's just a little bit creepy to have a teenager in that hellhole. Even a powerful witch teenager.

4. Should Rebekah go back to Mystic Falls? Yes she should, and she should sleep with Matt. They could both use some fun.
Flag
Okay I don't watch TVD anymore. What did Klaus do back there?

Elijah and Klaus and Haley love triangle. In this part I recommend Elijah step up or leave PERMANENTLY. I vote for Elijah to plot to desiccate Klaus for a few years. Elijah has been denying himself to satisfy Klaus for centuries. The only time he plotted against his brother he didn't have the conviction to see it through and ended up staked

Rebekkah is lousy at making plans. Wait what happened to her plan of leaving and not coming back again? Wait why don't vamps leave and change their names again? I mean Rebekka can leave New Orleans move to New York and call herself Becky. From TVD it sounded as if no one knows who the originals were. SO what they look like is not a widely known fact.

Flag
Klaus had sex with Caroline in the forest. He promised to get out of her life forever if she told him how she *really* felt, which she did. How she really felt was (1) Like having sex with him and then (2) Never seeing him again.

Go figure.
Flag
By the way you explained it, their powerful unsaid love became a quickie LOL
Flag
Pretty much. Not only a quickie but one-and-done lol.
Flag
If Klaus was really in love with Caroline what is he doing here? In New Orleans. Does Elijah or Haley know about this? If Elijah did know why the F doesn't he go through with a relationship with Hailey. Klaus is a hypocrite if he claims any right to her.
Flag
Klaus is totally over Caroline by now and by the way he and Marcel commented his visiting Mystic Falls, it looks like he's a jerk just wanting some fun. As I see his development, he just wants any girl who claims to be disgusted by him...
Flag
Okay, so is Klaus supposed to have a monopoly in hot ladies? What about big brother Elijah is he an Original version of a priest? Aside from Celeste all the women the brothers have been interested in Elijah pleads NO CONTEST if he doesn't step up for Hailey I will have to wonder at his preferences.
Flag
1. Papa will probably go down as the best villian in The Originals, he was amazing.
2. Thierry sucks a lot. He just left Rebekah and didn't even say anything. I was hoping he would do more, but no, he's an asshole who everyone hates.
3. If the villians are as badass as Papa then I'm cool with it, as long as she comes back before the season finale.
4. I think Rebekah needs to go back for some sexy times like Klaus did. Then come back with a clear mind and fresh ideas. Plus everyone needs sexy times.
5. Nice to see Elijah back in a suit, very sexy.
6. Again just wanted to say Thierry sucks.
Flag
Cami had vervain in her blood minutes before she volunteered to feed Marcel, uhm...What exactly happen to vampire choking on vervain tainted blood thingy? That's beyond lazy; it's not giving a fork, and insulting the audience's intelligence...low class bullsh!t
Flag
In the early episodes, Marcel admitted that he had his daywalkers drink vervaine to build up a Tolerance so they can't be compelled by an original so he can drink Cami to death if he wanted he just couldn't compel her.
Flag
im pretty sure he's on vervain too so it wouldnt matter
Flag
I was proud of the TV series 'The The Originals' using the appropriate term "WARLOCK" in referring to Papa Tunde....Season 1, Episode 12 ''Dance Back From The Grave". He was a witchcraft practicing male after all.

Flag
They got it right in The Vampire Diaries as well with that Father/Son that were after Bonnie (if you watch the show). The writers are pretty switched on.
Flag
Kinda disapointing as far as story line goes in this episode. Not liking how easy it was to get Rebeccah free (with no side effects), there was no excitement in any of the story, and no forward mommentum with any side stories in a while.

Also If Elijah was so in love with Celeste how does he not "recognize" her regardless of the body she wears? If her essence/soul/personality transfered over how can he not smell/sense her? Just a bit anoying.
Flag
As for the first part I totally agree. It was stupid to just let them grab Rebekah. I mean come on, what did Papa expect? They'll just do nothing while she's there?

At the very least, I'd expect him to try and hide her or put someone to guard her.

As for the second one, I have to totally disagree. How would Elijah recognize her?
If she's in another body, then smell doesn't pass over, smell is coming out of the new body, not the old one.

The only way he would recognize her, is if she would act similar, using the same phrases, make the same faces etc
But it doesn't seem like she has enough on screen time (let alone with him) for him to notice.
Flag
I am not on Rebekah's side about Elijah being a hypocrite. She was right that there was the potential for him to be a hypocrite, but he was not currently pursuing Haley and didn't seem to have any intention to do so. If he and Klaus objected, another story, but as it stood--Elijah was trying to make it work.

Not to mention that the last time in N.O. Rebekah got daggered we just found out she brought on herself (again) by plotting with Marcel to bring Michael to town. Which again brings to mind my absolute biggest frustration with Rebekah (besides the fact that she is crap at plotting): why stick around? You're a big girl, LEAVE.

I know in Teen Wolf, Price commented on the mass murderers on these shows and fair enough. But in this world, everybody is a murderer, some are just better at it. I reset my standard, it's not like its worth trying to figure out who is worse at murder. And frankly Klaus and Elijah are both much more forgiving than normal non-1000-year-old, immortal, murderous people are. I mean I've stopped talking to people for petty things, not attempted murder. Try to murder me once and I'm like see-ya later don't let the door hit you on the way out. But here they are being, no big, let it go, we're family. Rebekah needs to let it die, it's just too whiny for me. Sorry, Price, no you love her. But seriously can't take the antagonism.
More+
Flag
Early signs of poor lazy writing :
Marcel fed on Cami's Vervain tainted blood!?;
The blood of the Mother( Hayley) it is not part witch

Cami is STILL after TWELVE episodes useless waste of space.(Either give a good story to tell or make her disappear,please.)
Flag
She's not useless.
Flag
I pray you elaborate on the matter.Please.
Flag
I guess she was sort of useless under Klaus's mind control, but as asinine as her confidence has made her as of late (saying she'll hurt Klaus... come on) I like it. She's not being as predictable as she could have after retrieving her memories back. I just see a potential in her character that no else does.
Flag
she hasn't proved her"potential" after 12 episodes.my point exacly.
Flag
Marcel is vervaine resistant having built an immunity over hundreds of years. He would still gain strength from her blood.
Flag
I must have missed that.I didn't recall that from TVD or TO mithology.
Flag
Marcel explained that he and all of his vampires regularly drink vervaine to build resistance. That's why Klaus had to drain one of the vampires of blood in order to compel him. The vervaine in their systems made compulsion impossible...
Flag
Her blood is quarter witch because Klaus' Mother was a Witch. It's a stretch but it's there.
Flag
No, it's stupid because they made it clear that you can't be a vampire and a witch at the same time. And since they said the baby is a hybrid he has to be a vamp.
Flag
Yes I would miss Papa Tunde. He had a presence that was cool. Such a waste. but its obvious Elijah's ex is planning something big. She's got Papa Tunde's knife and she has three other witches left plus Mama Michaelson's mojo. I don't think its just power she needs though or else she would have left Papa Tunde for last. meaning after the other three make an attempt to kill the Michaelsons and fail papa Tunde could have grabbed their power too.

Thierry suck. Yes, A lot of the vamps in the quarter are. Not because they refused to follow Klaus; but because they are idiots/cowards. They relied too much on Divina. On a sidenote: I would have thought that Klaus would have killed all those who left. I guess Elijah was right Klaus has mellowed down.

Yeah I'm willing to put up with Divina's death for a while hope they bring her back but other than to ease Marcel's pain I just don't know what she brings to the show.

Is Klaus dumb or what? There were only two witches around when they decided to complete the Harvest I think it would have been obvious. There are only two suspects.

What was the song in end I just wanna know?
More+
Flag
That Papa Tunde guy was creepy as hell.. Love it ! The Originals is already a better show than The Vampire Diaries. Period.
Flag
Cami on a learning curve tonight:

'Klaus is a monster.' And 'Was it klaus? I swear if he hurt davina'

Enter Klaus trying to protect her by telling her to get out.

Cue cami getting thrown across the room because she didn't listen to the 'monster'

Cue Klaus trying to stop cami from using her own blood to feed marcel.

Cami girl it's time to let the empty threats go and listen to the 1000 year old who is surprisingly patient with you. Thank your lucky stars you are a human and yet you matter to him.
Flag
OK -if she "remembers everything" that Klaus told her, why doesn't she remember the part where he showed her his tortured past and she said, "no one should have to suffer like that!" and looked as if she was going to understand, or forgive, or accept him. This was the last thing he did before he compelled her to leave town for her own safety. I think if I were her I'd just go with the fact that he's screwed up and be happy that he inexplicably likes me.
Flag
Funny how this show is called "The Originals"
1. Papa Tunde - AHS: Coven had Papa Legba weeks ahead
2. Big ass bone knife - Supernatural had that big ass "First blade" made of bone a week earlier
3. Circular drawing on the ground preventing someone powerful from going in/out - seen in almost every other episode of Supernatural
4. Useless witch Sophie - Useless witch Bonnie is the "original" in that department
5. Most-hated Cami - Most-hated Laurel (Arrow) came first
6. Brothers-in-a-triangle - we have TVD to blame for that

Flag
These similarities are not a result of a lack of creativity or originality as you suggested, but are a result of the fact that these shows are all relying on very specific facts and history about the lore and spiritual traditions they attempt to fictionalize and portray. If you are going to write about certain kinds of magical traditions, there are some basic traits and specific materials that you must encounter and honor, if in fact you intend to appear even remotely knowledgeable about such things. Brick dust and circles, bone blades, blood sacrifices, and honorifics such as "Papa" are all as old as Voodou, Hoodoo, and other religious traditions. Neither The Originals, Supernatural, nor any other 21st century fictionalized TV versions of this stuff can claim to be original or originators when it comes to the materials.

What's also no coincidence is the fact that TVD, The Originals, Supernatural, and American Horror Story are all drawing upon the same lore and legends at the same time, riding the same trends, to create popular tv shows. Vampires, magic, even folk magic like some of that which we are discussing here, are all very hot topics in literature and film these days. None of this is nothing new, and none of this makes it any less entertaining.
More +
Flag
I never said anything about the show lacking creativity/ originality. It's just a coincidence that in this particular episode some of what happened has happened just a few days/few weeks before in other shows (which were still very fresh in my mind).
The first 11 episodes didn't have this timing coincidence.
Flag
I agree with some of these but the "Papa" names, probably just references to the voodoo culture. I mean, even in the movie Skeleton Key, there is a slave named Papa Justify who practiced voodoo (or hoodoo). Supernatural has a lot of similarities with a lot of different supernatural shows. Easy to know why. Sophie is useless but as the self-fulfilling prophecy goes, she IS just useless. Especially now that she thinks she failed the Harvest.
Flag
You're right the "papa" names are just coincidental to the voodoo culture both shows are portraying. Considering both shows are about witches in New orleans who are bound to have some details in common, its funny that it's in this episode where it all happened seemingly at once. Consider the head/s in a basket. AHS already had it with the minotaur's and Madame Lalaurie's heads. Even papa's snake boa sacrifice, Marie Laveau had hers too.

Then all the similar stuff to Supernatural happened like that circular barrier drawing. TVD went seasons with barriers without any visible drawings. The big bone knife then clinched it for me. I had just watched Supernatural with the "first blade" fresh in my mind then The Originals comes, again with a big bone knife.

It's a coincidence that all these coincidences happened in this one episode.
Flag
It is called ORIGINALS but it did not promise original writing.
Flag
Quick question: who is the fourth witch celeste brought back? We saw Agnes, Papa Tunde, and that chick from the flashback, but we haven't seen a fourth. I'm wondering if the big shock of a future episode is going to be that the fourth witch is the Mikaelsons' mom.
Flag
At this point the safest bet is that witch #4 is Esther.
Flag
I'm looking forward to see who the fourth witch is. It's the kind of anxiety I felt when I didn't know who the last cylon was on Battlestar Galactica LOL XD
I think the elder she brought back is called Bastiana, the one who started the Harvest and Marcel killed.
Flag
Isn't Celeste included in the 4? She requires the harvest to sustain her multiple incarnations, no? That would mean the 3 we saw in the previous episode, plus herself.
Flag
I don't think Celeste is included in this Harvest or the past, otherwise, they would have been able to resurrect only three of the four girls each time--signaling that something was off far sooner than Sophie's latest (and obvious) observation. It seems more likely that Celeste was a haint hovering over the bloodlines of her descendants through the years, choosing one girl to inhabit in each generation until she could seek her revenge on Klaus and company.
Flag
It has never said that the harvest is what keeps her alive. She jumps from body to body which is how she has lived, as each body is still alive.
Flag
That would still require her jumping into a witch's body. Bloodlines count, otherwise she would be jumping into bodies that had no power to draw on.
Flag
yes, but the harvest itself is not what sustains her; the fact that she is jumping into witches sustains her. Also, this harvest couldn't have brought her back because she was already in Savine's body before it was done.
Flag
Does it have to be a witch? Maybe she brought back Michael. If you really want to screw with Klaus that would be how.
Flag
It's probably not Mikeal but that's a good point. Also, with his name being dropped I'm thinking it's a possibility this show brings him back at some stage.
Flag
No, she specifically brought back four witches. She said it, and it only could have been witches because witches are sacrificed for the harvest, and that is the magic she used to bring them back in the first place. She'd have to bring Michael back a different way.
Flag
Yeah it was definitely four witches. I'm pretty sure that's how the spell had to work. Also They were all brought back from that cemetary and I don't think Michael is buried there. Though it'd be cool if he did come back.
Flag
Is Klaus significantly, if at all, stronger than his siblings? I assume that the other Originals are equally strong.
Flag
The answer is yes: He is stronger than them individually due to his wolf side, but 2 of them can easily take them down.

In season 3 of TVD, when they undaggered all of them, 2 of them totally knocked him around and it was clear if they wanted, they could just bury him and be done with it. The only reason they stopped is because Esther showed up.

Flag
I thought about this at the start of the season, if Elijah and Rebekah joined forces they should be able to defeat Klaus, they got turned at the same time after all
Flag
I saw him first in TVD; from that I would have said yes but when you really think about it. The answer is no. I would say Elijah is stronger. Klaus' main advantage is his wolf side. An original can be paralyzed with a certain silver knife + ash something. So if Elijah and Klaus fought with this Elijah can't take him Klaus down.
Flag
The episode was slightly disjointed for me. You had the annoying Rebekah split between her usual tantrum of bringing down Klaus whilst juggling the smart path of what happened to all the power; Elijah in the middle, as usual, in a quandary over his feelings for Hayley. He does'nt separate love and family with her because he now considers her somewhat family; and Klaus chugging along his usual tunnel of ruling the quarter with singular vision. Elijah should've had the storyline about finding where the power has gone and Rebekah should quit ranting about Klaus and the past. There's nothing stopping her finding her own happiness in the present. I was'nt that impressed by Papa Tunde as an adversay, nobody beats the Originals themselves albeit when they were on TVD. I suppose we shall have to wait and see what Celeste is like.
Flag
I was on Rebecka's side when she was talking to Elijah about Klaus coz let's face it all she ever gets is stabbed in the back and used whenever it's convenient for the characters. I mean Klaus has daggered her on more than one occasion and always threatens her not to mention killing anyone who shows the faintest bit of interest in her. Then there's Marcel who would go running to Klaus instead of Rebecka. That being said I am loving this show so much more than VD with every passing episode.
Flag
But everyone gets stabbed in the back all the time on this show - it's not just Rebekah. Some of the time it's Rebekah who's stabbing someone in the back.

He didn't kill Stefan and he's never hurt Matt. Her only other love interests have been Marcel & Alexander (who Klaus killed because he daggered their entire family not because he was trying to destroy Rebekah's happiness). Then she did also sleep with Damon twice - and he's still alive. So we have not seen him going around and killing all of Rebekah's love interest IMO.
Flag
- He also killed the son of the Mayor of New Orleans in a random flashback a couple of episodes back. She wanted to turn him (because they were in love), and if I remember correctly Klaus threw him from the stairwell.
- Damon wasn't really a love interest, just a hookup.
- He might not have killed Marcel, but he sure as hell destroyed their relationship by making Marcel choose (and then daggering Rebekkah for 50-odd years).
Flag
I don't think he should have daggered Rebekah but her and Marcel is just too weird for me. In this episode Papa Tundre pointed out numerous time that Marcel was basically Klaus' son (Klaus basically adopted him when he was 10 years old). So to me it's a little too much like Marcel is trying to get with his aunt and so I don't think they should have been romantically involved because even though they're not blood related they're still family.
Flag
@ Nemesys - Try this experiment. Change the genders and see if you feel comfortable or uncomfortable about a child raised by Klaus as his own offspring being in romantic and sexual relationship with their aunt / uncle. If Marcel had been a girl named Marcelle, raised as Klaus' daughter, would you feel comfortable with Elijah or the other brother whose name I keep forgetting, suddenly taking a sexual and romantic interest in their "niece" and seducing her behind Klaus' back? Sounds too Woody Allen and Mia Farrow-ish to me. Ick. Just ick.
Flag
(For the record, I'm not trying to defend the Marcel-Rebekah relationship, because I really don't like it)
It's a complicated story, with vampires and their sires. Sure, sometimes it's a paternal thing, but if you look at it like that pretty much every relationship in this universe is incestuous (would that make Katherine the Salvatore's mother?). Is Marcel really a son to Klaus? Most of the time they act like brothers, they have a completely different kind of relationship.
On the other hand, of course,Klaus did raise Marcel (and it might not be a stretch to assume that Rebekah was also a parental figure to the 10 year old, and that she might have helped raise him. They did all live together).
See? Headache all around.
Flag
Can someone clarify why Celeste is so bloodthirsty for Klaus? Is he the one who drowned her back in the day, I can't remember that flashback. RIP Papa Tunde.
Flag
He started the rumor that the witches were killing people for blood sacrifices so Mikael wouldn't think the dead bodies were because of vampires. This lead to a witch hunt and Celeste was drowned but it didn't sound like Klaus killed her. Although at this point it wouldn't surprise me in the least if the witches really were killing people for sacrifices (since that's all we've seen the witches do on TO - first The Harvest and now Papa Tundre) and he just decided to pin some other dead bodies on them.
Flag
"So that means the baby is human, witch, werewolf, AND vampire? Insane."

Not correct. Vampires are made not born and you can't be a vampire and a witch at the same time. Not according to Plec universe. Also, don't you stop being a human when you are a werewolf or anything else supernatural? So maybe the baby is a witchy werewolf???
Flag
Sorry, but the baby can make Hybrids like Klaus ergo, it clearly is a vamp.
And somehow doesn't require the doppelgangers blood either (unless Haley is related to the patrovas and the baby is also a doppelganger?)
Flag
But this is an Original baby. Maybe it can be vampire/warewolf like Klaus and it is the first of its kind so maybe it can use the witch part of its DNA or maybe it just has the DNA but cant use it.
Flag
I swear to god I have never been more annoyed with Klaus/Hayley shippers than I do with other shippers in TVDverse. The Originals is NOT a love storyline based so please stop making it as if it is. I quit TVD because of ships so please STOP FOR CRYING OUT LOUD

1. PAPA TUNDE IS EVERYTHING. BRING HIM BACK + Kol. also Kol said he heard witches in NOLA whispers about witches yet there was no sign of him in flashbacks? this show doesnt make sense sometimes lol

2. Thierry sucks SO BAD. anyone who betrays Bekah AGAIN AND AGAIN ARE FUCKTARDS

3.Look I cried when Davina died but the show doesnt lost its essence yet so I'm cool with it

4. Probably. kinda miss MF without the Originals cause the show loses their villains but then again Rebekah is EVERYTHING about The Originals. without Rebekah there will be no female show. (Sorry Hayley and Camille stans)
Flag
Yeah... I'm constantly annoyed that none of the flashbacks have Kol or Finn in them.
Flag
Same here. Klaus clearly never cared about Hayley and she really just was a one-night stand. He was being nice to her in the last episode and everything so they can be civil but he's just not interested in her and he never has been. I think the only girl Klaus is really into is Caroline and I think it would be OOC for him to fall for anyone else in the near future - he may have some flings or whatever but Klaus doesn't just go around falling in love at the drop of a hat the way Rebekah does.
Flag
Klaus doesn't really love Caroline. More just infatuation. I think it's already started to wear off after he had sex with her. Now he's on to Cami.
Flag
idc about caroline either. none of the females in this show is "compatible" with klaus tbh. perhaps genevieve that witch bitch but this love triangle (honestly, idc) but this shit the fans try to make happen with klaus hayley elijah pisses me off to no end
Flag
I'd say Hayley is more compatible with him since she's most like him.
Flag
What is up with people assuming you must be *in love* or even *like* everyone you have sex with? Is it possible to find someone inexplicably or otherwise sexually attractive to you without actually finding them personally charming, a good match for you, someone you'd want to chill with regularly, or whatever? I'm with Zinga23 on the "later, girl bye" with the ship stuff. Klaus and Carolina finally hooked up just to get the sexual chemistry out of their system, but I doubt either of them seriously want to be bothered with a relationship beyond that one-tree-stand, lol.
Flag
fucking stop. please read my first post bye
Flag
Hayley clearly doesn't really like him though. I think she had hate sex with him.
Flag
Thank you! The Originals is great exactly because the love story isn't at it's center!! You want to watch a vampire/witch/werewolf show based around a messed up brother, brother, girl triangle? Watch TVD. Which I do... can't give up on it after so many years but still wish the triangle would take a back seat.
Flag
I'll just say, i thought i was the only one who really enjoyed this papa tunded guy as a villain. I'm glad i'm not alone but also sad because he left too quickly. The moment he brought Klaus to his knees he became instantly my favorite. It was the same satisfaction when silas did this in vampire diaries.
Flag
K, no joke. I've been to the US a few times & as a whole, they're pretty raciest back then/now. I was under the impression that black ppl weren't allowed/trusted? to be in WWI and if they were they were only allowed to be like the guy that brought u ur new gun, or dragged a dead body away.
How accurate is that?
...I'm possibly thinking of ur civil war?

Flag
Up until the 60's they had public signs restricting black people from entering certain establishments that were deemed whites only. I would imagine in that situation or any vampire thrown parties that Marcel would be openly allowed. Otherwise your neck might get snapped, after all Klaus does consider him a son.
Flag
In the 60's??!?! Holly crap! K, I'm from Canada, and our countries have a lot in common, except for our overall history w racism. Maybe cuz we were when they were headed 4 the underground railroad, or b/c we don't have a ghetto (like at all) but that's insane to me. (Don't get me wrong we've had our racist times, but going over to America...@ certain place u can just smell it in the air. IDK...My bad if this came off bashing BTW
Flag
It didn't, you're good!
Flag
There was still a lot of racism durring the war, but there were plenty of African American soldiers in WWI, and there were quite a few in the Civil war also.
Flag
But UHH! Men in uniform! <3
Flag
I can already imagine Papa Tunde spin-off show!
Flag
I said it before and I say it again, the signs are stacking up to New Orleans burning down (the french quarter at least) Quo Vadis poster is still on prominent display in previous episodes and this one. Last episode Davina's path of fire and this episode Klaus mentioning that New Orleans has burned down twice before.
Is it me wanting this to happen, as the burning of New Orleans in Interview With the Vampire is one of my favorites scenes in cinematic history, or is there something in my theory?
Flag
I wish someone would give some lines to that one petite woman vampire with the mohawk and red lipstick. I bet she's a badass.
Flag
Yes! Yes! Yes! I was thinking the same thing. She looks like a BAMF! I hope they promote her from vampire extra to occasional vampire-snark extra at the very least! Just have her say: "Oh hell NO!" once in a while. :-)
Flag
I did really enjoy this episode, though I felt a little bit more of the wheel spinning that Price did. I suspect that we will recognize these, but at least two more times, the Originals is kind of going to go procedural on us, which is fun.

I know it is paired fine with Supernatural and the boys of Supernatural are fully adults, but you ever wonder how this show would be paired with Arrow? Two shows where basically most of the characters are adults. I mean and their two teen age characters - Davina being a bad ass and I assume will be back and Thea who I swear the show regretted not making her be like twenty when the show began.
Flag
first davina now papa tunde, the original is casting away great characters. I hope they have better in store.
I miss u papa tunde it was love at first sight
Flag
But as Marcel mentioned, if they get the power back, they can use it to bring Devina back. Ergo, she isn't going anywhere.
Flag
I was glad when Rebekah mentioned that Klaus ruins her happiness all of the time. I wasn't really buying the whole girl power before, so it was refreshing to see her reveal that her real motivation was payback for causing her pain. However, I don't think she can really leave yet. For starters, if she does, Hayley is basically alone (since Elijah won't go near her to appease Klaus). Also, where would she go? Aside from Matt, there is nothing there for her in Mystic Falls.
Flag
Honestly? I think the best thing for Rebekah would be to move somewhere else (not Mystic Falls, just seriously anywhere else) and start a life of her own. This is what she said she'd do a couple of times, but unfortunately I think that even if it weren't for Hayley she'd still have trouble doing that. That family is seriously co-dependent, and she can't get away from Klaus and his crap.
Flag
I think Rebekah is staying for the baby.

Though for the love of... Why can't she just adopt one?
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members