A The Originals Community
Thursday 9:00 PM on The CW

The Originals S01E04: "Girl in New Orleans"

If you have ever read something called The Internet, then you know that all things are either THE BEST or THE WORST. It's easier and more efficient to just pick one extreme and not dwell too much in the boring middle ground. This aversion to nuance is not because we're all getting brain-damaged; let's face it, all brains are born dumb and stay that way. One hundred percent of brains should wear dunce caps at all times. No, the reason we're all so EITHER/OR when it comes to something's value is a simple matter of equilibrium. Everything ultimately averages out to a medium-okay, so you can either live life with everything being "meh" OR you can live life where some things are truly awful and other things are A+ fantastic. I'm definitely more into the extremes of emotion, how about you? In order to really adore something, you also must despise something. You can't have grape licorice without black licorice. You can't have a Blow Pop without a Tootsie Pop. (If you think black licorice or Tootsie Pops are THE BEST, then go to a hospital, I can't help you.) But in short, hyperbolic opinions are healthy, because one helps sharpen the other and we should all live life to the fullest extent of our emotional spectrums. Which brings me to The Originals

As you know, last week's episode of The Originals was THE WORST. And now this week's episode was THE BEST. Just the best. This is how I choose to live my life. I still have chills.

If we're going in order of importance, then HOLY MOLY: A new character was the best part of this episode. That's right, I am alllll about Davina at this point in time and I did NOT expect to be. I love all three Mikaelsons as much as anybody, but to be honest all their backstory is starting to get on my nerves. Davina, however, was a fresh new mystery to me and this episode saw her not only walking the streets out in the open but falling in love with a floppy-haired fiddle player named Tim, sassing Marcel, experiencing heartache, and having a mega-powered standoff with Klaus before ultimately discovering her own agency and maybe even siding with the Old Ones. Quite an arc! Who would have guessed that the series' most electric scene to date would involve a standoff between a 1,000-year-old man and a 16-year-old girl? Watching Davina alternate between scared child and Carrie-esque rage monster was one of the more thrilling TV moments of recent memory. FINALLY stuff is happening on this show.

But the new-character-related surprises didn't end there. Um, I am as shocked about this as you are, but Cami is no longer useless? Cami is no longer useless. While I've already admitted I'm starved for newness on The Originals, the church massacre plotline would have been awesome either way. As we learned via the newly introduced Father Kieran, that very same church where Davina had been kept in the attic was also the scene of a horrible massacre during which an altar boy murdered a ton of dudes with A SCYTHE before offing himself. That altar boy? Cami's twin brother. So now we knew her main reason for being in New Orleans and why she's so into studying psychology: To figure out what the heck happened with her brother. Unfortunately Klaus had turned Cami into a full-blown compulsion zombie to carry out his wishes with regard to Marcel. But in a clever (and to my mind, new) angle, Klaus' compulsion was unique in that Cami only ever remembered his true vampire nature whenever they were face to face. And in a genuinely lovely bit of nastiness, Klaus refused to let Cami investigate her brother's death (and by extension feel constant, overwhelming angst), instead wiping her memory and vowing to look into it himself. Klaus, you jerk-slash-hero! Anyway, it would be criminal not to mention how good Leah Pipes was in this scene. VERY good. I don't know what it says about me that I'd prefer to see Cami in extreme emotional distress more often, but it was the first time this character has gotten me emotionally involved in her story. Loved it.

Oh boy, and we haven't even gotten to Hayley's plotline yet. ALSO terrific. You didn't have to be an attic witch to predict that the lady helping Hayley was bad news, but after Hayley made the initial mistake of trusting this witch to take her to a shady swamp-side obstetrician, it was this episode's masterstroke to make Hayley so kick-butt about everything. Almost immediately after her sonogram, Hayley's instincts kicked in and never quit: Pretty soon she was jamming syringes into peoples' necks, escaping into the woods, and single-handedly beating the hell out of a pack of attackers. The fact that Rebekah eventually entered the fray to help out was a TV watchers' dream. I am man enough to admit that I jumped up and clapped at my television. But this show simply would NOT stop delivering crowd-pleasing moments, because just when it looked like Rebekah and Hayley were about to be overtaken by the (surprisingly numerous and well-equipped) attackers, their lives were mysteriously saved by what appeared to be a WEREWOLF. (Which, is The Originals retconning werewolves into creatures that are actually dangerous?) AND THEN. And then. When Klaus came to get his two main ladies, Hayley nearly fell down, Klaus caught her saying "I've got you, love. I've got you." And then he carried her to the car as Rebekah walked alongside. If you didn't get heart fireworks from that little moment then are you even okay? Should you be in a facility somewhere? Question is rhetorical: You aren't okay and you should be in a facility. For me that moment was the best moment in an episode full of best moments.

Oh and p.s. ELIJAH IS AWAKE. Not only is he awake, but he has a new super power I guess I didn't know about: Earlier when Rebekah finally found him in the church attic he couldn't get out of his coffin and Rebekah couldn't enter the room, so he totally HOLODECK'D her into olden times where they spoke freely as their present selves while wearing costumes. Now THAT is the kind of flashback I can get into. There, they discussed Elijah's plan to become Davina's bestie and (after Klaus knocked some sense into her) fully make her their ally. Good plan in my opinion. But mostly WELCOME BACK, ELIJAH.

There are so many more amazing things about this episode I didn't even mention. Klaus tossing Tim and his fiddle off the church balcony. The increasingly cool-looking menagerie of vampires who work for Marcel. The complete lack of Sophie Deveraux. So many good things! I did not like last week's episode. I loved this week's episode with all of my heart. Say what you will about the merits of measured, nuanced criticism, but I'm so happy, you guys. I'm just so happy.

QUESTIONS:

... What was your favorite moment in the episode?

... Who is the most improved character since the pilot?

... Who's more likely to become a Big Bad: Davina or Father Kieran?

... Have you ever destroyed a blood-stained church with your brain?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 5/20/2016

Season 3 : Episode 22

299 Comments
Comments (299)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Loved the showdown, but it wasn't because of Davina, it was because of Klaus. He brought that badassness to the fight. She tried to one up him, but failed. By the way, I'm not here for Cami or Davina. I'm here for Klaus, Elijah and Marcel. That's why I watch the show. Oh, and Rebeccah.
Flag
I starting to like Davina...and Haley is growing on me ...good show and you re right last episode was a bore
Flag
Elijah telling Rebekah to protect Hayley is my favourite secene. I think Cammi is the most improved person and that Father Kieran is going become the big bad but only because i like Davina
Flag
Klaus throwing Tim and the violin was also my favourite moment!! HAhaha, he was doing it like he was tossing a pencil
Flag
This episode was amazing. But I didn't hate the one last week. It was just really weird.... The same weird, but captivating as OuaT:Wonderland is.
The only sense I can make of it is that they wanted to show, that the witches, especially Sophie are nothing more than dolls, to play with. Actually.... aren't all the witches? I don't remember any important witches ever... even from tvd. Aside from Davina obviously.... and mayybe Quetsiah.. but I think we will see her dead soon.

Anyways, about this episode... am I the only one who believes there is a major potential for clashing heads between Elysahs plan for Davina and Klaus'? They did not line up because Rebecca didn't really tell Klaus details, or did I miss something?
Flag
Yes! Several good plotlines developing, many great moments and Elijah is back. Can't ask for more.
Flag
My predictions (apologies if others have already come up with these theories--I'm too overwhelmed/lazy to read the 276 comments that came before me)
1. The massacre was organized Marcel in order to use the power of the dead to give Davina her powers just like Bonnie uses her dead ancestor's burial ground to harness power --and Silas used the three massacres for whatever it was he was doing last season. Which is why Davina has to stay in the church attic all the time--be as close as possible to the source. Perhaps she doesn't even know the origin of her powers. My guess would be that 12 people died in the massacre (magic massacre number anyone?) and potentially there is more to Sean/ these dead people than just being clergymen--perhaps they were supernatural of some sort to be the source of the magic--which would mean Cami is something special too.

2. The wolf that is following/protecting Haley is TYLER. We haven't seen him in TVD yet, and it would be an AWESOME guest star surprise for TOG to have him show up unannounced.
Flag
Ooh yes to prediction one, that is good! The killings being the source of Davina's power.... awesome.
Flag
Haha yeah totally wrong about that one.... definitely The Harvest is the source... BUT I think I am right about Tyler, as recent articles coming out have Julie talking about Tyler crossing over and being connected to Hayley... wow I wish she would leave it as more of surprise...
Flag
Hehe would be cool but he just showed up on VD last episode. Still possible though.
Flag
Oops I didnt have a chance to watch TVD. I need to stop counting predictions before they're hatched, or whatever :)
Flag
I'm skipping to question three...Father Kieran is clearly going to be...I don't know apparently New Orleans has a founders group that has some teeth as Marcel seemed to treat him with respect. Heck maybe if they have a supenatural creature in their group maybe he will be useful unlike Tyler's dad. And can I say I am so excited that the Originals might be borrowing from its show night partner. I mean I hope demons are done in a less comic book bad guy fashion and more like well just evil. I am so glad Elijah is up...not really sure how a sixteen year old is going to not totally fall for him and even if she is human right now wouldn't want Davina in Katherine's sights.
Flag
I'm so tired of people whining that Klaus belongs with Caroline. She's so juvenile, do you know how much her annoying persona would bring down this show? Keep the whiny teenagers away from TO!
Flag
Thank God she's in VD, she'd better stay there!!
Flag
Not a unique form of compulsion. Katherine did it to a whole town.
Flag
Silas too!
Flag
Loved this epoisode...Devina was awesome!! She looked so cute when she was with that Tim guy, then turned into a wicked witch...!! loved how Klaus played her in this one....very smartly done!
Cami played her role pretty well this episode, i like her character...she is in the middle of a huge war, without really knowing it, as she gets compulsed every 5 seconds by Klaus..
Rebekkah her only role in this episode was that she found out that El was still alive and had a plan. And he is back! Elijah is soo cool!!
Flag
everyone is more or less saying the same stuff in the comments, so here's my minority report:
favourite moment: tie between klaus throwing davina's brofriend and his instrument from the church balcony and marcel and rebekkah's hilarious sexual tension during the bar scene
most improved character: marcel's henchman, the one with the fro who up until this episode was always looking on broodingly/disapprovingly...he could cause some serious trouble: he has that rebellious streak. everyone's focusing on cami and hayley but i still think both of them leave a lot to be desired.
big bad predictions: father kieran fo sho, even though they fleshed davina out quite a lot, making her less of a gimmick
i haven't mastered my carrie-esque abilities yet so yes, many churches have been destroyed with my brain.
Flag
I have three words to describe this awesome episode:

Elijah is back!
Flag
I'm liking how there developing Haley's character wearwolfs are not supposed to helpless and fragile so that god they had her show her animal side. OMG klaus is still my favourite I love him to bits and how he's using Camille is crazy clever and albeit mean but that's why we love him. I still think Devinna is nuts witch is brilliant. I'm interested to she now how she interacts with marcel and I hope Elijah's plan work. Overall love love this episode.
Flag
I actually LOVE this show! I thought it would turn out to be a horrible spin-off but it is soo entertaining!
Flag
isn't that just great!!
Flag
need help here. did Davina really undagger Elijah or did she dagger him at a slightly different angle and that it was without that Oak tree's ash so it didnt work?
Flag
I think she was daggering and undaggering him all day and my have placed it back in the wrong spot since it only works when they get daggered in the heart
Flag
1. Klaus wiping Cami's memory while she begs him not to. It was heart wrenching and utterly compelling.

2. Cami. All though to be fair, she's still the same character she was in the pilot, it's our understanding of her that has improved with this new info on her past as well as her new importance to the major players.

3. I'm going to say Father Kieran. That comment about how Marcel's presence is tolerated leads me to believe that there are some major players in this city that will be stepping forward soon.

4. My court appointed attorney has recommended I refrain from commenting on this matter at this time.
Flag
Best part was Hayley kicking ass!
Flag
I can't never thought I'd be saying this but I AM STARTING TO LIKE THIS SHOW! Wtf? It completely surprised me and it's about 1'000 times better then "The Vampire Diaries". Well done show! Well done!
Flag
Ah, Price, nice to have you back on team O. We can disagree about last week, but you are right about this week. Awesomeness. I've been punching my TV over the wimpyness of Haley for so long now. Remember Jules, damnit? She was a genuine threat, she was fast and strong and could smell vampires.

Someone help me here, did Hayley get healed because she's a wolf, or because of her vamp fetus? I thought she was right that wolves heal fast, but then Becks was all, your baby healed you. My brain hurts. Help?

I don't have any interesting answers to those questions other than Hayley being the most improved, by far, from not just the pilot but last season on TVD. She makes real words now!
Flag
Did anyone else find Klaus' little smile when he heard his baby was a badass and already had healing powers from inside the womb totally adorable??
Flag
It gave me shivers, it was sooo adorable!
Flag
vamp fetus healed her. She said she thought it was because of her being a werewolf but Klaus said it wouldn't work that fast, that's why Bex concluded it was little fetus.
Flag
Klaus doesn't have to use compulsion on Cami....!!!!The Love is Enough.....!!!!or myb not...LOL
Flag
Loved the episode. The Originals has gotten less amateur hour and is actually becoming a well shot, well edited, well written series. I've always found Leah Pipes to be supremely talented. She single-handed saved the terrible movie Sorority Row from being unwatchable. It's sad that she's never really broken out on her own as a star because she is a STAR.
Flag
I really liked this episode, this show is showing it maturity and its potential to be better than TVD since it doesn't have a ridiculous love triangle & bloodthirsty shipping fanbase to hold it back. Although the compulsion rape is a little too much I feel like its overused, except during the ending at that time it seemed appropriate. I also like the fact that Haley a preggo werewolf can defend her self more than Elena can.
Flag
I have to agree and disagree. No triangle? Oh come on. Cami in the original TVD pilot seemed like she was being set as Klaus's love intrest (which is why she resembles Caroline, I assume).

It's obvious at some point we'll get Klaus-Cami-Marcell going on or even worse a Cami-Marcell-Rebekah thing going on.

As for the compulsion thing, I have to agree. Not only is it being overused, but it's just flat out dumb. I can see that Klaus using compulsion on Marcel's vampires without him knowing about it if Klaus is draining them of vervain in secret.

But Cami? Seriously? The one chick Marcell has his eye on and clearly that's an emotional connection and not just physical if he doesn't just compell her into bed.
He doesn't bother protecting her? Preventing others from compelling her?
How stupid can he be? He knows Klaus is in town, not to mention loads of witches and possibly other rival vampires and he just leaves her unprotected?
Flag
You made a good point on the love triangle. Although I seriously doubt it'll be as bad as the 5 season triangle from TVD with all of its doppelganger madness. I also agree on that Marcell thing, how is no one watching her?
Flag
lol right.. I like how they are not going to have a useless "Elena" clone on the show... I also love that Klaus views her as a friend.
Flag
It's overused but also totally realistic to the situation. Are vampires just not going to use it when they can get everything they want with it? They need to write more situations where that's not an option or have the town drink vervein.
Flag
I get what you saying but I just think they use it too often, whats the point in having conversations with people if your just going to compel them all the time. I like the idea of having the whole town drink vervein.
Flag
I'm not sure which is sexier Klaus with man tears acting his arse off or Klaus's Accent...
Flag
he is a master of man tears
Flag
He really is they just glisten up and I feel my heart tighten he's like the immortal grinch
Flag
Joseph Morgan was so good throughout the entire episode, showing us so many facets to Klaus, especially in his last scene with Cami. Leah Pipes brought it too.
Favourite moment : without doubt when Klaus carried Hayley. Hands up if you swooned too.
Most endearing character : Hayley, and I love that she's a fighter. I want more of Hayley and her back-story. I love her letting her guard down sometimes with an involuntary smile (re : Elijah) and then putting it up again when she sees Klaus noticing. It's the subtlety in Klaus and Hayley's interactions that makes their relationship fascinating and alluring. Anything can happen. Same goes for Hayley and Elijah, major sparkage there, again in a lovely and subtle way. And, Hayley and Rebekah's chemistry feels so right.
Big Bad : I want it to be Marcel. He is menace and charm all at once. Formidable.

And even though they were not heavily featured in this episode, Claire Holt and Daniel Gillies are as interesting and solidly good as ever.
Flag
You're the best, Price. Me and my friends look forward to your reviews more than the actual shows!

Fave moment for me was definitely the last scene with Klaus and Cami. I thought she was a nothing character (especially nothing to Caroline) until this scene. She won me over. She is the most improved since the pilot for sure. Am I now a Klami shipper?

Big Bad - I'm thinking Father Kieran. What's up with the massacre and stuff?
Flag
As one of the friends, I totally agree. Price - we come in to work and instead of asking each other "Have you watched X", we ask "Did you read Price's recap?" We love your stuff and are so glad you are back!
Flag
OMG!!! the best scene of the ep has to go to the Klaus/Cami scene in her bedroom where Klaus made her forget........the acting in that scene by both Joseph and Leah was topnotch!!! Joseph Morgan with tears in his eyes, oh dear god the pain!!!! amazing episode!
Flag
Also as i see many have already said here..it would be awesum to have CAROLINE on THE Originals!! Cami is no fit for Klaus...Caroline is def. original vampire love material ! :)

Flag
Great Review..n yes i loved loved loved the episode too :) But then i have always loved all the episodes of the Originals till now. I guess d 3 kick-ass originals have made their place in my life, and I'll be watching their show even if it becomes bad..but i hope it doesn't! This week's episode was definitely more on lines of what we want and expect from THE ORIGINALS! And Davina..whoa..m hoping they show her to be somehow linked with the Original Witch! it would only be fitting..such a powerful witch cant be an ordiniary one..dying to know her story!
Flag
Great review - everything was exactly on point. The Originals was full of excitement this week. I loved the way the character of Davina is being developed. It was interesting to watch the contrasting ways in which Marcel and Klaus handled Davina's blood boiling attempt at independence. Both Cami and Haley have truly evolved as characters. Cami's backstory has just got extremely interesting and Haley is much more interesting as a badass! I still do not get a romantic vibe from Haley and Klaus, but she did have that sweet smile when she learned that Elijah was O.K. Davina is definitely scary powerful, and is an intriguing arc. It is hard to tell if Klaus is really interested in Cami or if she is just on more thing Klaus doesn't want Marcel to have.
Flag
Yeah, Klaus has been kind of all over the place with Cami, but I think he finally figured out her role outside of being a pawn-- "I like the way you think." "If things were different we could have been friends." I personally wouldn't want to be pscyho analyzed every single time I have a convo with someone, but Klaus is a masochist so*shrugs*
Flag
he really is a masochist, though an enjoyable one!
Flag
More Davina, a better fleshed out Cami and a kick-ass Hayley is exactly what The Originals needed. Not to mention the great and absolute sassiness of pretty much everyone except Marcel. Also, welcome back Elijah!
All this power clashing between The Mikaelson's, Davina, Marcel and his crew and its like all of a sudden we're watching the big leagues. I like it.
As far as Sophie and the witches go it's a little on the weak side, personally I'd like to see what they could do when they eventually are allowed to practice magic.
Flag
For a guy so critical of mass expositions on this show, your reviews are becoming overburdened with way unnecessary babbling intros and not just for this show.

Last weeks' episode was NOT bad at all. It just sucked to end it with Elijah STILL in the coffin. It was actually full of intrigue and great moments. My 63 year old father enjoyed it, and it takes a LOT to entertain him. He sees a lot of potential in this show to easily surpass VD>

I, for one, wasn't surprised at all that Leah Pipes was so good. I love her on the short lived show where she was in South Africa. I knew her character would become like Matt-the human we all root for.

See when a show is new the writers have to actually build up the characters and introduce storylines. The 4th episode of this show is full of much more interesting characters than the much anticipated (and highly disappointing) Agents of Shield. It's so called worst episode was still much more exciting and compelling than any of Agents of Shield!

I can't wait for next week, especially now that Elijah is back.

Speaking of Elijah, this was NOT a new super power. We already know that vampires can get into the minds of others. We've seen Damon and Katherine do it. It's not surprising that Elijah can take it up another level.

More+
Flag
I thought this episode was the best one yet. Definitely the most interesting character development and action thus far.

Biggest shocker is that I don't hate Hayley now and I definitely kind of like Cami. When they first introduced The Originals as a backdoor pilot in TVD, I really disliked the idea of Hayley being a main character/primary love interest for Klaus. It just felt SO forced. I'm much more interested now we're introducing an actual plotline for her, and that she naturally is more inclined to Elijah than Klaus. Because, duh...

The compulsion scenes with Cami were great. Human/non-supernatural characters on TVD are THE WORST. Always 'damsels in distress.' Everyone just gets so much more interesting when they're turned and can fend for themselves. I'm glad they've found a way to make Cami into an intriguing, actually mature adult human character by cutting the bull from the beginning. Although as another commenter mentioned, she's definitely going to be turned down the line so she'll remember what Klaus compelled her to forget.

My only gripe is that I don't understand why Marcel is infatuated with Cami. That feels contrived to me.

And finally... ahhh the love triangles. We love/hate it on TVD but let's be honest it's a winning formula and at least there are more options to go with on The Originals so we won't get bored. Klaus/Hayley/Elijah, Klaus/Cami/Marcel, Rebekah/Marcel/Cami and let's be honest CAROLINE WILL SHOW UP EVENTUALLY.
More+
Flag
Well maybe Rebekah is right, Cami IS comfort food for men who are in love with someone else. (Rebekah and Caroline). OMG I know we were comparing her to Matt, but she literally is the mashed potatoes of TO!! LOL Matt owns that name now though so maybe we should call her something else. Hmm...sweet potatoes?

And I want Caroline to have a few pop up moments at first and then slowly make her way onto the show so that it all makes sense.
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
Oh CAROLINE should show up..i felt bad for her when Klaus was sharing such emotional moments with Cami!
Flag
Ugh that moment made me cringe. Not just because of Klaus, but the stupidity of Cami's behavior. She goes on and on and ON about the dangers of bad boys, acknowledges that Klaus is one, worries about Marcel's anger issues, and then decides kissing Klaus is a good idea even though she thinks they're BFF's? Never mind the fact that Klaus has been pushing her to date Marcel since they met. Come on!
Flag
I think I've figured Klaus out. He is quite simply bored. Sure he could walk into on of Marcel's hangouts, rip the heads off of his lieutenants, and rip Marcel's heart out in oh 30 or 40 seconds.

Instead he is intentionally making things unnecessarily complicated with scheming and plotting because he needs a challenge.
Flag
I don't think it's really boredom. He's a sadist who enjoys the slow burn of torture just as much as the full on so playing war and systematically tearing apart Marcel's kingdom from the inside out is probably fun as hell to him. Plus he was worried about Marcel's secret weapon.
Flag
(Please excuse my language, I'm emphatic and
Caroline is winning by 84% AND SHE’S NOT EVEN ON THE FUCKING SHOW.

Combined
, Cami and Hayley have 14% of the vote.

FOURTEEN-FUCKING-PERCENT.

Julie Plec needs to wake the fuck up and fix this clusterfuck of a show filled with myriad mistakes including but not exclusive to: 1) Caroline not being in NOLA 2) Hayley being on this show 3) attempting to convince us Cami and Klaus could actually be a couple.
Flag
What poll is this? Just curious. I'm also a klaroline shipper so I wouldn't mind voting LOL. I don't want Klaus with Hayley or Cami, but since he just basically fried the shit out of Cami's brains, I can live with it...for now. I wish he would compel her to stop psychoanalyzing him in every single scene! That crap is getting old. Watching him act out these behaviors is SO much better then her SAYING them in technical terms.
Flag
I liked last week's ep and this week's was even better! While I never cared for Hayley, she actually has improved on this show. Loved to watch her kicking some ass this week!
Cami was pretty useless IMHO until last night's ep. I think the reason Marcel is interested in her has something to do with the massacre at the church....which I am sure Marcel is behind somehow.
"The complete lack of Sophie Deveraux?" Awesome! The predictable witches are easily the least interesting aspect of the show.
Flag
a) favourite moment was klaus compelling cami, which btw, was, imo the BEST moment in the entire episode. the thing with hayley was cute in that it brought back his signature "love", but the pain, sadness, remorse yet drive and determination which that joseph morgan pulled off showing in this scene, coupled with the progression that lieah pipes showed in her emotions from being terrified and heartbroken to being rapt while being compelled to forgetting was.... brilliant <3
b) cami <3 <3 <3 (which is saying a lot considering i've loved, yes loved, her from the beginning :P )
c) father kieran, please make it father kieran. davina is too adorable to have NOT become a main character who is on the show for however long it runs <3
d) not that i'm aware of ;) :P
Flag
That was my favorite moment too. It really gave you a glimpse into Klaus' mind, especially for those who are unfamiliar with his character. Cami saying he has these mental issues is whatever, but actually SEEING him act them out, and be torn up about it is SO much better. Just shows you how complicated and screwed up Klaus really is. I'm not a huge fan of Cami, but she's definitely grown on me with this episode.
Flag
ikr???? and i love the fact that cami doesn't think "evil" exists, and how she's so willing to give klaus a chance to explain himself, just because she hasn't hadas many traumatic experiences with him as the tvd bunch, lol.
Flag
I can't love this show more. My favourite moment was Hayley fighting ! I think she is the one that has improved as a character. I used to hate her on TVD, but now I realy like her and I hope she can be with Klaus some day.
Flag
This episode made m'heart so happy. Notes n' stuff.

1) So Marcel is now like Davina's overly-protective father figure? At least it's not pedophilia anymore. The best line was when she was like, 'And who was supposed to stop hovering like ten minutes ago?' LOL!!! Davina's supercool, especially now that she's less of a shut-in.

2) Klaus made me so mad but also so happy this episode. I liked that he was getting things done, palling around with Cami, vowing to help her solve tons of mysterious church massacring, and carrying Hayley off into the sunset, but it pissed me off that he wouldn't let Cami fulfill her life mission (though he made some good points about her own emotional suffering, that's a decision she deserves to make herself), and his complete disregard for violins is enraging.

3) Tim is perfect. Though I bet he's pissed that Davina's spell interrupted his counting. Way to ruin the moment, Davina!

4) Glad that the White Oak Ash is back in commission. Thought they'd forgotten about that. Also liking the new compulsion, and Elijah's new mind-wig-talks. Me gusta mucho.

5) ELIJAH ELIJAH ELIJAH ELIJAH ELIJAH ELIJAH ELIJAH ELIJAH ELIJAH ELIJAH *Deep Breath* ELIJAH ELIJAH ELIJAH ELIJAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6) I wish Rebekah was more involved, besides just Interweb searchin' stuff.

7) 'He's like a cockroach in a suit.' - Marcel. LOLOLOL. :)

8) Was this our first Originals town-wide party? Way to show restraint, writers!

9) Hayley is quite the ninja, and I like the potential that The Royal Princess is showing. Healing Hayley was pretty cool. PS did Hayley ever find out what that thingie meant?

10) ELIJAH!!!!!!!!!!!
More+
Flag
So, for my obligatory comment (since I never think hard enough when actually posting), I'm going to put in that whatever saved Hayley and Rebekah COULD NOT have been a werewolf. Since it was obviously a wolf, and yet there was no full moon. Because, being a werewolf herself, Hayley was still human. Which makes me come to the assumption that (since she still has that creepy birthmark thing), maybe she has power over wild wolves? That would be interesting. New species are always emerging, and I'm liking what Davina is becoming as well. And Elijah, and EVERYBODY IS SO POWERFUL I LOVE IT!!! :)
Flag
And, as amendment to this comment, I must add that someone told me (well not really, they told someone else, but whatever) that pregnant werewolves don't turn on a full moon, so it COULD be another werewolf. Whoops, I guess? It doesn't make my theory impossible, just more unlikely.
Flag
tyler maybe? he is not on tvd
Flag
Ugh I hope not. Too soon for crossovers. I'm just beginning to like the new characters!
Flag
so cami is on her merry way to become a vampire and break the compulsion/remember it all back... season 2 maybe? later? sooner?
Flag
Ehm... How this episode was the best? Sure, Klaus saved the episode and Cami's brother plot is interesting but the episode had so many idiotic scenes... Davina tossed Rebekah out of her attic with telekinesis, which means she has control of her powers. She could tele-move Klaus away from that boy, yet she charged and sent a blast of kinetic energy on them, which could kill her beloved friend. Then she ran out of the church and then came back again when Klaus appeared on the 1st floor and tossed the boy with his violin. Why not sense the room if he was still there? Or undaggering and redaggering Elijah... Boy, even the foolest man would me more wise. You have an original vampire staked beside you, you just don't play with the only thing that keeps him in trance. Or Marcel coming again to take Elijah, although Davina said she needs him the night before. Or the way Davina stood up to Marcel... Or Elijah being so weak that he was unable to move yet he easily entered Rebekah's mind. I thought this requires to touch the one you want to show him something and above all you need energy and most certainly you can not perform it if you can't even move. And how Hayley turned into a wolf? It wasn't a full moon, right?

Well, the whole thing, except the new plot about Camis' brother and Klaus' moments, wasn't writing for the Originals, that was the clanky, convenient writing which downgraded TVD the last few seasons. I really hope I won't be seeing something similar in the future, since I have high hopes for this show.
More+
Flag
Well Davina is a 16 year old girl who is usually in control of herself. Klaus is an original, hybrid pain in the ass who knows how to push everyone's buttons. I feel like her she wasn't in complete control of her powers because her emotions were all over the place, she just lashed out. And running out to find them seemed like an instinctual first reaction, that's why she came back.

The wolf wasn't Hayley. There was an actual wolf hanging around the house last episode. She doesn't know where it came from or who it is.
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
... What was your favorite moment in the episode?
There were a few: 1) When Elijah woke up; 2) When Klaus promises to avenge Cami's brother; 3) Klaus carrying Hayley home

... Who is the most improved character since the pilot?
Hayley

... Who's more likely to become a Big Bad: Davina or Father Kieran?
Davina

No, but I'm glad that someone is on the job =)

This show is really getting good. Looks like there's a romance brewing between Hayley & Elijah and Klaus & Cami. I hope there's someone other than Marcel for Rebecca!
Flag
The whole thing with Cami and Klaus reminds me of S1 tvd with Damon and Caroline--thankfully w/o the sex. I do like that she analyzes what is happening to her when she is with him tho, and I hope it doesn't become a romantic thing between them, I'd much prefer it to be a friendship or sidekick/partner thing. I like how she is sort of separate sort of a part of things now.
I do wish that Davina had gotten the better of Klaus though--I wish he had been more injured. Same result--Klaus getting to her through healing Tim--but with Klaus being shaken himself.
Overall: great episode! And I agree, I'd love to see the werewolves being a force to be reckoned with!
Flag
I really liked this episode. I think my favourite part was either seeing Elijah again or Hayley headbutting the doctor and then stabbing her in the neck.
Cami is definitely the most improved, I've gone from being irritated by her existence to wanting to see more of her in just one episode.
I think father Kieran is more likely to be the big bad since he does not seem at all trustworthy.
I often destroy churches with my brain, it's just a hobby of mine.
This episode was definitely an improvement from last weeks and hopefully the rest of the series will be as great as this episode was.
Flag
So many great moments this episode, cant pick just one.

I think Cami is the most improved. I didn't like her before but now I am actually interested in her character and backstory. I like that she knows (kind of) about vampires & was using her knowledge of psychology to analyse Klaus. That last scene between her and Klaus was great.

Davina is very powerful and if anything happened to vilolin boy she could go all Dark Willow and wreak havoc in New Orleans.
If the priest is just human the only problem he could cause would be if he outed the vampires and destroyed Marcel's little set-up and/or invited a bunch of hunters to town.

No, but I have wanted to when I was younger and my parents forced me to go to mass.

Flag
Oh man, this episode was amazing. I only cringed twice and both were needless. Once when I thought Hayley was going to be the damsel in distress again (thankfully she was not) and once at the Cami & Klaus scene. Glad to see it wasn't the emotional, kiss/almost kiss scene that I imagined :)

This episode renewed all my love for Klaus (still miss Klaroline though). I finally feel like I'm watching KLAUS, not some poorly written OOC fanfic version. More of this please!!

Really glad to have Elijah back. I missed him. Price, just to point out: Vampires have always had mind/dream manipulative powers. Remember when your girl Lexi got in Ripper Stefan's head to simulate starvation?

- Totally agree about the no Sophie. It was great. More of this too, please!!!

1) Best Moment: Klaus' final compulsion on Cami. The indecision of the moment was so powerful and it gave a real glimpse into Klaus' mind for all those unfamiliar with the character and it was WAY more effective than than Camille spelling it out for us. I'm still not too fond of her, but she's definitely better than before.

2) Most improved Character: Definitely Davina. So happy to see her shed that annoying, too powerful for words, macguffin feeling. I'm definitely intrigued about her past now. I'm also pleased to see that she's NOT Marcel's concubine since she's pining for a kid her own age.

3) Not sure yet. Father Kieran seemed human to me. Really hope the big secret isn't that Marcel was responsible for the massacre because meh.

4) If I had that power, I would not use it on a church. Forever 21 however... Definitely. Stupid new return policy...Who wants store credit anyway?
More+
Flag
Totally agree about Davina. Human (or not, but person-like) MacGuffins are the WORST (haha, Price). Also glad you brought up the Lexi / Ripper Stefan thing. I'd forgotten that. It really hasn't been explored or mentioned since then, so maybe we'll get more now. I'm excited! :)

Die, Forever 21. Die. =D
Flag
Yeah, human MacGuffins are like Mary Sues. More powerful then everyone else in the story ever, ridiculously beautiful, every male character seems to want them, and they always have the insert author here feeling. Pass.

And the mind manipulation comes up every once and a while. I believe Damon did it in the beginning, and Rebekah definitely messed with Damon's head while she was torturing him. She kept making him believe Elena was rescuing him and then she would stab him when he fell for it. Rebekah's one cruel bitch lol. Love it.
Flag
And then Damon did something with Rose, right? I'm remembering it more. But maybe it'll get an explanation? We can hope.

Yay! MacGuffins + Personality = I'm happy. :)
Flag
This was a really strong episode! So many potential love trinangles.. Oh, the possibilities! Hayley and Klaus or Hayley and Elijah? Or Klaus and Cami or Marcel and Cami? I love this! I just hope Rebekah won't fall short in the long run.
I also loved that Hayley got into the action after last week's Latin faux-pas.. That was not a cliffhanger, people. The scene with Klaus and Cami was brilliant. I love when I can't decide if I loathe characters or root for them, that is good TV in my book.
Flag
YOU ARE SO RIGHT...... THIS EPISODE WAS THE BOMB..
My Favorite moment was Hayley kicking A$$ & Klaus carrying Hayley that was awwwwwwww!!!!!!!{And also when Davina and Tim are in the church and he plays for her... that music was beautiful!!!!!} Elijah is back!!!!!!!!!!!!
Flag
Told ya.
Flag
Agreed with everything... I like how the plot is evolving!!!

What was your favorite moment in the episode?
Everything??? but maybe the Klaus/Hayley scene was nice...

Who is the most improved character since the pilot?
Hayley is more like she was in last season of TVD even if at the start of the season she was staying at home and doing as she was told to do.

... Who's more likely to become a Big Bad: Davina or Father Kieran?
Davina but not because she wants to but because her power are too strong and are taking over

Would like to have such a power but to destroy a church not so sure...
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members