A The Originals Community
Thursday 9:00 PM on The CW

The Originals S01E02: "House of the Rising Son"

A great TV show demands a strong ensemble, and a strong ensemble should function like the candy aisle at a gas station. In a word: OPTIONS. You know, so many options that when you scan all the colorful wrappers you find it very difficult to settle on just one favorite. What character are you in the mood for? Peanut butter-based? Fruit-flavored? Something nourishing? Something that will make you sick because it's 3am and you haven't eaten anything since dinner, which was ice cream? For my money (which is mostly Monopoly money), TV's best gas station candy aisle is The Vampire Diaries. That is a show so stacked with compelling, heroic, villainous, sympathetic people that it can be very easy to forget that it's sort of about a love triangle. I guess the love triangle element of TVD would be the nutty, nougat-based candy bar that you could probably eat for breakfast if you were in a hurry. But me, I have always preferred the gummy candies. Are you tired of this metaphor yet? Here is the point: Ever since Rebekah Mikaelson was introduced toward the beginning of Season 3 she immediately became not just a gummy candy to me, but maybe even gummy cherries. The best gummies, basically. 

Chalk it up to Claire Holt's unpredictable, charismatic, endlessly appealing performance, but especially chalk it up to the writers' whipsmart-slash-tragic characterization of the world's oldest living lady vampire: Rebekah's limited storylines on TVD have always ranked among the show's most compelling. (Also what does 'chalk it up' mean? Does it involve gymnastics?) Personally, I'm worried about a TVD without Rebekah. And I probably would have enjoyed both versions of The Originals' pilot even more had Rebekah been more integral. But I'm pleased to report that this current weird, troubling, Rebekah-lite era of The Originals is now over. Rebekah has ARRIVED.

First of all: OH, I get it, The Originals. You went and made a THREE-PART pilot. Just when we thought last week's premiere was the end of our introduction to this New Orleans saga, "House of the Rising Son" kept the heavy-handed exposition thing going like crazy. But instead of Klaus or Elijah at the forefront, this week it was Rebekah's turn to walk around the French quarter making speeches about family. It has to be said, though: This wasn't the same Rebekah we'd known from TVD, not exactly. If we're being real, Rebekah's personality on The Originals is already noticeably different from what we've come to know. Yes, her angry sass and Britishisms remain (she called Klaus a "wanker" this week!), but gone is the high school girl who'd fallen for a quarterback and picked petty fights with her harmless rivals. This Rebekah is a Type-A ass-kicker with a short temper and a results-oriented drive. This Rebekah is the best, basically, even better than I'd remembered, and her entrance to this world of The Originals was nearly terrific (I'll explain the "nearly" part in a sec). As shown in a maddeningly brief flashback, on her way into New Orleans Rebekah massacred a group of vampires who'd stepped to her in a pool hall. It was a clever reminder that although we'd grown used to seeing her all vulnerable and conflicted lately, Rebekah was still extremely powerful and fearless and exactly the kind of person we'd want a show based around.

But let's get critical: Rebekah's entrance was nearly ruined because, instead of The Originals just giving us a cold open of Rebekah awesomely fighting off her assaulters, we were presented with an excruciatingly stupid scene in which Marcel explained to Klaus (a 1,000-year-old vampire) how his vampire night club works. WHY? Knock it off, The Originals. I'm pretty sure Klaus is NOT impressed or interested by the fact that tourists are being drained and then compelled to forget. Klaus is, again, a 1,000-year-old vampire who taught Marcel everything he knows. These kinds of conversations are just happening way, way too often so far. Characters working with the same knowledge base are constantly stating obvious things to each other, ostensibly for the viewers' benefit, but in a way that is making me want to change the channel. I'm dumb but not THAT dumb, and I hate when TV shows tell me I'm THAT dumb. Another example? The Originals are still calling each other "Brother" or "Sister". STOP IT. People don't do that. I know you smart writers out there must have a list of terrible TV cliches to avoid. Please do a better job of avoiding them? The exposition on this show is reaching deadly levels of dumb, but I'm holding out hope it's just a vestige of setting up the world. Because man, I don't know how much more I can take of the characters having these dramatically inert, off-puttingly obvious exchanges. If these are network notes we're seeing, tell those execs this: What good is a thorough explanation when I am BORED? I would never change the channel over confusion. But I WOULD change the channel over dumbness. Feel free to mystify me, guys. I can handle it.

All that being said, for every scene that landed like a dead pigeon on the patio, there were scenes both incredible and excellent. When Marcel forced the two best friends and newly turned vampires to choose who would live and who would die? THAT was the kind of scene I wanted to see. I didn't need to know any backstories, I only wanted to see how that simple conflict would play out. Then Marcel's decision to murder the more ruthless of the two in order to set an example about how much he valued loyalty? Perfect and profound, credit where credit's due. That's good writing. Or really, any scene involving Hayley this week, who is easily the most improved character of The Originals so far. Did you laugh when Rebekah and Hayley introduced themselves to each other because you didn't remember that they never actually met on TVD? I did! But I loved how their relationship began contentiously only to slowly become meaningful after Rebekah defended Hayley from a Klaus temper tantrum and Hayley returned the favor by gifting Rebekah some magic daggers she'd found while snooping around the mansion. I even enjoyed the downright gutsy plotline of Hayley attempting to get a werewolf abortion, deciding not to, and then having a quiet, powerful moment with Klaus in which they both acknowledged how much they actually want to be parents now, if only because they're both cast-offs who fight when backed into corners. "It's time to fight, little wolf," is the thing that Klaus told Hayley that gave me chills for hours. CHILLS. Look, I know a lot of people weren't thrilled with the pregnancy plotline, but right now it may be the richest source of storytelling this show's got. And now Rebekah as a protective godmother just makes it even better.

Oh! I can't believe I didn't mention this sooner: It turns out slavery DID happen in this universe! The Originals really went there this week as the flashbacks explained Marcel's origins as a child slave. That's right, slave. He was not a "handmaiden" or whatever other polite euphemism TVD would have used. He was a straight-up slave whose moxie toward his owners attracted Klaus' attention and sympathy. Before we go further: Yes, this was uncomfortable subject-matter, and no, The Originals did not overcome how icky the white-man-savior cliché felt. But these flashbacks were undeniably compelling, especially when it became clear that a grown-up Marcel and Rebekah had fallen in love with each other. (Sweaty, shirtless, dueling matches just sort of have that effect on people.) Even that particular flashback's denouement—a jealous Klaus daggering Rebekah for 50 years and Marcel's decision to become a vampire rather than undagger her—felt surprising and meaningful. Little by little, Marcel's ruthless ways seem more justified, but I'm still concerned that the character won't truly come alive for me until he and Klaus have to inevitably join forces against some much worse threat. He's too likable and practical to provide enough dramatic conflict. But maybe that will change?

Confession time: I'm starting to like the attic witch! Earlier she was merely some boring shut-in, a personality-free deus ex machina waiting to happen. But this week we got a better glimpse of her role on the show, and right now it's just creepy enough to work. After Marcel begrudgingly brought Rebekah to see Elijah's daggered body (stored right beside the attic witch's bed!), Davina tossed Rebekah around the room like a rag doll and threw her out the window. Which was rude, definitely, but it made me laugh how much the attic witch loves to throw people out the window. Anyway, then when Rebekah described Marcel's new weapon to Klaus, she described her as something different from a witch, something more powerful. And I was like, "You got me. I'm in." It's probably just that the term 'witch' has taken on a truly non-threatening, almost pathetic meaning on these shows, so if you're telling me the attic witch is not a witch, but something more powerful? That's already an improvement. Davina is starting to seem weird and naive and sinister enough that I'm increasingly curious about what her deal is, and better yet, what'll happen when she no longer feels loyal to Marcel and decides she wants to walk the streets? That's just a good example of Chekhov's Attic Witch right there.

Camille and Sophie are still so boring though. And Elijah remains daggered, which felt slightly disappointing and I really hope this won't be a series where 1/3 of the stars are out of commission at any given time. But every criticism deserves a compliment: PERFECT use of a Yeah Yeah Yeahs song in this episode. Seriously, what a way to end an episode. Klaus and Rebekah bonding over a singular mission to free Elijah. Marcel and Davina bonding over a singular mission to learn how to kill an Original. Karen O screaming about sacrilege. That is all I want out of a show like this.

So we're clear: Overall I did very much enjoy most of this episode, particularly the Rebekah sections. It's safe to say this show is still in the middle of a fairly rocky take-off, but for me personally it's ignited just enough brain fireworks to keep me excited. Once we get past all the unnecessary exposition and into some real meaty storytelling, The Originals should be fine, or much better than fine. But at least we finally now have all three flavors of Mikaelson to choose from! OPTIONS.

QUESTIONS:

... Do you require more or less exposition in an average hour of television?

... Which of the Originals are you most emotionally invested in currently?

... Has an attic witch ever thrown you out the window?

... Do you think Camille zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 5/20/2016

Season 3 : Episode 22

199 Comments
Comments (199)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Boring. Yes, that's the word. I'll give it a 4 ep test.
Flag
Totally agreed with you...a better improvement!! and the pilot rebooted yes it was better, but it also felt a little displaced...i mean the scenes that we had seen didn't connect well with the new ones...so I felt that the episode was jumping around, with this one it felt more fluent, and maybe is the summer that I've been watching others show that don't move that fast, that I during the exposition talks, because there was too much in so little time I have to rewind to get everything the were saying and to see the acting, I love the three main cast, so I like to get stuck on the little details of their acting, but when is more talking than showing, and good acting yes the exposition gets in the way of enjoy...if I'm explaining myself i don't know...but so far the show is doing good...glad you're also recapping this...so looking forward to it...
Flag
  • I LOVED this. I knew I was going to love The Originals but I still feel compelled to say how much I like it, each time I talk about it.
  • Finally. FINALLY! Hats off that The Originals did something in its second bloody episode that TVD has yet to do...it acknowledged history. Some people never understood why I made such a big stink about it, but it makes for richer more compelling storytelling. You can't have a series about immortal beings who have lived through all sorts of time periods and skirt around things in the time period. You can't have a show about two warring brothers whose fighting with one another went back to when they literally fought each other in a freaking war, and not make mention of name of the war, and why the war was happening. You can't have flashbacks to the 1800s involving black people and not mention that they were slaves. Handmaiden my ass. So when they mentioned that there would be a flashback to when Klaus first met Marcel...they couldn't have skirted around that issue. Hell, this show made progress in the backdoor pilot when Klaus literally told Marcel about when he was "still trembling from the lashes keeping him down". Boom. Simple enough phrase...all the meaning. This isn't hard TVD. It isn't hard! No one said you had to make an entire episode reminiscent of Roots, we just said, say the damn words and acknowledge mother fudgin history...
  • Ahem. Sorry. Ranting. So that scene was brilliant and beautiful and this is why...I know sooo many people kept making this big stink about Marcel not being intimidating or a match for Klaus. For some reason, people didn't understand how that could be. It made sense to me, but this episode confirmed it. Marcel was family. Marcel was like Klaus' son. He took in a stray and raised him as his own and doted on him like any egomanic craving for the undying love and devotion of anyone would. He more or less was his everything..a legacy, if you will. In a show where everything is about family. Always and forever. That is what makes their rift interesting and compelling. It's like brother against brother...it's like father against son. I also love the exploration of the sire bond here. It's something that I love about True Blood and often times miss when I'm watching TVD...but there are glimpses of it here, and I love that. The real thing is, no matter how at odds and at war Marcel and Klaus can become...it'll all come down to that moment when they really and truly have the other's life in their hands...that opportunity to kill the other person...will they do it? Can they do it? As ruthless as they both can be...loyalty and family is everything in this world...it is important and it matters, and I'm not so sure that either of them can really go through with killing the other. Because they actually love each other. Just like no matter what happens Klaus can't ever go through with killing his own siblings.
  • I love that the flashbacks also made it so that it's near impossible to "pick a side". Not that I ever would have anyway. I love them both...and the more the characters develop, the more I love seeing the similarities between Klaus and protege...the arrogance, the charisma, the lost soul. You understand both positions, and as with most fights epic or minuscule it all could be resolved if the two people would sit down and actually have a real talk with one another, but of course no one ever does that and fair enough because otherwise we wouldn't have a show. Klaus can't understand why the closest thing he had to a son didn't come seek him out in the hundred years since he fled. Understandable position to have, given he instilled everything in this kid and gave him immortality. Marcel reverted back to what was ingrained in him, taking care of himself, because in his mind...the closest thing he had to a family abandoned him and left him for dead. Klaus and co never realized that Marcel escaped alive and unscathed and more or less spent half a century mourning him,otherwise they probably would have went back for him, and Marcel assumed that they left him for dead and didn't question it because he wasn't really family as it was. These two need a "get-along" shirt and a hug.
  • I love how Klaus can go from psychotic "choking a wolf out" to all teary-eyed and wuvable in milliseconds. That is the appeal of Klaus, always. That was one of my favorite scenes, him unleashing on the current women in his life as to what his plans are and these kid. Something that Rebekah has seen all of her life and it is what keeps her there, with Klaus, but also something that Hayley needed to see. I think after she recovered and her blood started circulating the way it needed to, she seen the other side of Klaus that she hadn't realized existed. It made her scene with him towards the end all the more interesting. I will begrudgingly admit that they have an interesting enough dynamic. They're both broken, flawed, and have tremendous chips on their shoulders. So by the time he patted her on the shoulder and called her "little wolf" while promising to get the AC going...I actually didn't hate this baby stuff as much. I will still find myself complaining about it and Hayley as a character, accordingly however. Jut because.
  • I'm rather indifferent on Camille myself. I felt like she was set up to have this huge role and yet in two pilots and the second episode I still don't know or feel anything for her. She's just there. She'll be a nice pawn, I suppose.
  • I love that on this show witches mean something. They actually feel like they have some power, and Davina, Davina is everything witchified that we wanted and never seen in TVD, and she's everything that the witches on here could be if they were freed from Marcel. It's madness!
  • I'm going to need Elijah undaggered and back in top form immediately. I need my Elijah. He will always be my favorite Original. Always. Klaus has a special place in my heart as well though.
  • Rebekah, this is a different side of her than we've ever seen and I love it. She doesn't come across as fickle and uncessairly bitchy. I was never a huge Bex fan when she was on TVD. Here, here I feel like we have the opportunity to see her fleshed out and more layered. I love it.

More+
Flag
Freaking THANK YOU for this post. I've been running around saying the same thing. Marcel is Klaus's son. Probably the only vampire he ever turned out of love. I"m also on "whatever" mode where Cami is concerned. I still don't see a purpose to her character. Davina comes off as a brat to me. She brags about how powerful she is and how she can do whatever she wants to ppl, yet she's hiding in an attic, being protected by vampires.
Flag
Just a note about all the Brother this and Sister that... do you think the writers are doing that for the benefit of viewers who did not watch TVD before? I'm pretty sure they don't think we're dumb, but I'm sure there are some people who are watching Klaus and Rebekkah for the first time... and they just want to make it absolutely clear who they are to each other.... Just a thought.

Also anyone else watch the Hailey and Rebekkah scenes are like hey Cleo and Emma from H2O: Just Add Water? It's so cool to see Phoebe Tonkin and Claire Holt together again.
Flag
I loved this episode. I think they added some context which helped the purpose of the show to make a little more sense-now we know why klaus wouldn't just kill marcel.
I will always love klaus the best, he's just a lost lonely 1000 yr old boy who is too scared to love but needs it. will always be on his side.

That great scene near the end when he told Rebecca what he'd actually been upto was so on point. And Rebecca was dynamic, powerful and endearing in this ep, nailed it show!
Flag
Okay I don't hate the baby story but I also assume it will be an alien type baby who will be a precocious six year old girl then very quickly the devious teen who will be the threat Davina senses is coming.

Davina...so here was my first thought...would the Originals go places tvd won't and she is a demon or some sort of Greek (it sounds Greek to me) minor deity or something. I am not super familiar with Voo Doo or Santeria deities (like I now only know the one who is zombing Nick and Portland on Grimm).
Flag
I really hate the baby. It should be merely a werewolf but now they say it's going to be a hybrid... Is it not going to age then? Too Twili-sh... Get rid of the baby and don't hide the blood and gore and the show is going to be really good...
Flag
I think it's considered a hybrid because Klaus is a hybrid, but I would think it would be mostly werewolf, because Hayley is a full blooded werewolf and Klaus is half a werewolf, so wouldn't that make the kid mostly werewolf? I'd thnk that unless the kid is turned after it's born, the vampire aspect will be mostly dormant and may just contribute to aging.
Flag
I was thoroughly prepared to not like this show.
I never got into The Vampire Diaries so my expectations were low.

However, the first two episodes have been good to the point where i am actually going to go back and give TVD another look.
Flag
Well the thing is the first 4 - 5 episodes of TVD were terrible. They were so bad that it's a miracle they didn't cancle the show. The first episode I liked and can recommend was episode 6 "Lost Girls". To this day I think Vicki and Damon's Depeche Mode scene was one of the best parts of the whole series.
Flag
I agree, best episode of the season at least!!
Flag
Well that would do it because I didn't make it past episode 5! lol

Flag
Hey, I completely understand you. The first time I tried TVD I gave up after watching about 20 minutes of the first episode - the fog in a cemetery was just too much :)

Also remember that the first season of TVD is a totally different show then the rest of series. Damon from season 1 is a ruthless serial kiler and date rapist (instead of roofies he uses his compel power).

The real show that we all know and love starts with the beginning of season 2.
Flag
You should give them both a shot you will get hooked on TVD and hopefully get invested in the characters and there story's it's a great show
Flag
Okay, I had my doubts about this show, especially about the pregnancy thing. But it looks like is going to be good, very good. Rebekkah was funny in TVD and it is amazing here. Her relationship with Klaus is borderline incestuous and it is incredible.
PS: "The Originals are still calling each other "Brother" or "Sister". STOP IT. People don't do that" I call my siblings brother and sister. All the time. Besides that, Price, I love your recaps and I really missed you.
Flag
I have a problem with this show. What is the point of it? Like...the premise is so dumb I cannot even begin to explain. Instead of making the show about the past lives of the Originals and what they did in earlier years (which would me MUCH more interesting), they made it about a monster baby and Klaus being a brat and wanting to rule New Orleans? Sure, ok. 1000-year-old vampire is afraid of a little boy he raised and made into a vamp? Sure.
Flag
Yes, Camille is zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Flag
I am going to miss Elijah so much, damn you Daniel for having to take paternity leave! He always makes things better, he adds gravitas and emotion to all of his sibling scenes and I love him. Rebekah is a close second because she is such a badass and I love how he real life friendship with Phoebe is bleeding into her on screen relationship with Haley!
Flag
Rebekah > Elijah > Klaus - Already liked Rebekah the best of the three in TVD and that didnt change...and after her lovely trip around the world with Mat I like her even more.
Flag
first off... kudos for writing "straight up slave"

i officially have no reason to watch TVD anymore. i stopped watching TVD then someone showed me the episode where klaus killed his own... and i went back and watched from his introduction, but now his gone so that show just doesnt do it for me. that man has such screen presence... as much as u could see him as a great bond villian he could equally be a great james bond.

whats more powerful then a witch? then a original hybrid? well a demi god(reincarnations) of course... and where there is one... there are many. your move Marcel...named after Mars the God of war...and lets just say that there is a book somewhere called

Creatures of Greek Mythology - Davina J. Rush

a soundtrack makes a show...its the difference between the good shows and the bad ones. and TVD and the Originals has a master working for them. when Sacrilege started playing i got such a chill down my spine... i leaned back in my seat and said "o this is happening" i was expecting someone to die though but i mean there was so much fun killings in this episode i was not upset when there wasn't.

i could rant about how networks have to do the dumbed down explanations because of new fans and how tv is escapism and smart shows arent smart cos they make u think. the smart ones are the ones that give u all the answers and make u think like u came up with it on your own.

anyway this was a really well done episode except for the mills and boon flashbacks...

peace i'm out
STRAIGHT UP SLAVE YO!!
More+
Flag
Oh this show is getting really good. I like the character of Marcell and Davina (that's what I call a witch, sorry Bonnie :p). I like seeing Davina as this spoiled little girl who only wants Marcell's attention. Since this show is targeted to adult audiences that could be a good thing. I also noticed that there will be gay character in The Originals too? (The one that Marcell chose to be his new vamp).
Flag
Can someone clarify something for me? When exactly did this episode air? I was just watching the Colbert Report, and lo and behold, there was a second Originals episode in my DVR. I'm so confused you have no idea. :(
Flag
It airs on Tuesdays.
Flag
Aha. Thanks.
Flag
I love ALL of the Originals. Elijah because he's family-based, semi-sane, and RIDICULOUSLY OUT-OF-THIS-WORLD HANDSOME IN SUITS, Klaus for his psychopathic, unpredictable ways and subtle hints of humanity, and Rebekah for her now-revealed maternal instincts (I guess the last time she was up and about was during the Women's Rights Act, right? 20's?), and her willingness to not only protect, but defend someone she just barely met. I also loved how she kept forgetting Hayley's name. Perfect.

The main thing I'm still confused about is Camille (I know, you're sleeping right now, I'll be really quiet...). I thought for sure that she was going to be a love interest for Klaus, but that was when Klaus could give a damn about Hayley and the Royal Baby (yes, that's what I'm calling it. Deal w/ it), but now they're a parenting team (are they going to go to talks n' stuff? Self help books? This could get interesting), and I'm not so sure. I did like her semi-sassy attitude when she almost-refused Marcel his date. But you know when Marcel compelled her to forget about all Rebekah's blurry running? I'm thinking that after Klaus compelled Camille to tell him all the deets on their date (I bet he gets pissed when he realizes she didn't learn anything), is anybody else thinking maybe he gave her vervain in case Marcel tried something? Like, 'hey forget that we had a date'? She's already doing his stuff. I dunno. Theories.

Sophie, I could care less.

Elijah's still in a box. :(

I did like that funky herb-monger though. Wonder if she'll come into play again, when vervain / wolfsbane supplies run low somewhere? 'Cause you know the witches are going to rebel eventually. (Once they get Davina on their side).

Davina herself is fun. Kind of seems childish / easy to manipulate at the moment, but I can't wait until she rebels and breaks her chains. I'm kind of wondering how Marcel is keeping her loyal, though. And what the F is she???? Are there more of them??

Hayley is getting back on my good side. When she was competing with Caroline for Klaus's heart I was deeply depressed, but she's cool now. Keep it up, lady.

Anybody important that I left out? Other than that lady on the street w/ the trumpet, obvs, but it would take too long to discuss her.
More+
Flag
LOL, think Klaus will buy Hayley a copy of "What To Expect When You're Expecting" and go to lamaze class with her?
Flag
Possibly. It definitely raises some interesting possibilities.
Flag
I think Camille is a pawn. She's only useful to Klaus because Marcel is so interested in her. Plus, he probably finds her ability to read people accurately intriguing, since he is coming from MF where the humans and vamps alike were unbelievably obvious at times. LOL! I don't think it'll be romantic, at least not in the way that we tend to be accustom too. I like the more mature and adult quality that this show has...Klaus' relationship with Camille (if one even happens) could just be one of a sexual nature that is both self satisfying and useful in his making moves against Marcel. But so far she's just sort of...there. I more often than not forget about her and most of the witches.
Flag
I meant that when she was first introduced (in the very first backdoor episode) I thought she might be a love interest for Klaus. Now, as I mentioned, I have no idea. I'll keep an eye open (the other one is deep in z's LOL). :)
Flag
I don't think they will give klaus a love interest only because in vampire diaries Caroline is currently having issues with Tyler leaving open some possible crossover episodes where there relationship can grow. Camille's character is confusing me but maybe later on the season we will find out her purpose and why Marcellikes her so much
Flag
But if Caroline crosses over to TO, I'll have zero reason to continue watching TVD (no, not even Katherine is enough. Caroline has to be there also). Well, Rebekah was hinting that Marcel likes blondes, but I'm disinclined to trust her, as she hasn't even been around for the past ninety years. What does she know (besides how to be fabulous)?!
Flag
Just for a visit nothing more Caroline adds to much to TVD and is one of my favorite characters aside from Damon
Flag
I used to like Damon until I started re-watching and trying to see through his witticisms and see his actual character, and he's really terrible. I'm over all three of them. Not to disregard your opinion, but they bore me (it's my fatal flaw, being bored, and I read somewhere that it's common in sociopaths? Oh well.) :)
Flag
ALSO!!!! VITAL QUESTION! Are there Burlington Coat Factories in New Orleans? Elijah needs one. We don't want him taking long breaks to go to wherever the nearest BCF is!!! We need him in New Orleans, dealin' with his siblings! Maybe Klaus and Rebekah could build a BCF store, and THEN wake Elijah up? For optimal mental stability. I want the best for him, always.
Flag
Also, PS, I think calling each other 'Brother/Sister' is because eventually the names you come up with for someone get boring, and you have to start calling them something ridiculous. Or go back to the first thing you called them (in just this episode, Rebekah went from 'Niklaus' to 'Nik' in about a second). Also for emphasis, like when someone says 'Niklaus' he's probably in trouble, whereas 'Nik' is more casual. Just a thought. Sometimes I called my siblings Brother/Sister when I was mad with them, and the Originals are perpetually mad at each other, so that might be it too.
Flag
I'm guessing Davina is somehow able to tap into all the ancestral magic but if other witches use it maybe it weakens her and this is why Marcel has made it forbidden. He wants Davina to have all the power since he appears to control her therefore her power. Maybe she is a type of succubus that feeds on ancestral magic rather than one that needs to have sex?!?
Just an idea I thought I would throw out there :)
And I hope Elijah gets out of that box soon, he's my favourite!
Flag
I like the theory that Davina is taking ALL the power, because it fits. Good thought.
Flag
She is defiantly more powerful than the average teenage crazy witch, and I think she can sense when magic is begging used and can pinpoint where. Not sure what she is yet I don't think she is just witch ?
Flag
Or possibly some kind of Original Witch? One who's made herself look sixteen? There are so many fun possibilities!!!!
Flag
I just have to say that my little brother (who is now 6"3, 24 years old and a father), I still refer to as my little brother. In fact, growing up, all he called me (and still does) was Sis. It got to a point that his friend's did not know what my first name was, they just referred to me as Jackson's sister. So, dear blogger whose references I love, even non-1000 year old British folks call each other Brother & Sister.
Flag
Are you absolutely positive that you are not British and/or over 1000 yrs old? Those are important pieces of information here. :)
Flag
I really hope Rebekah and Hayley become friends. Rebekah needs someone in her corner. I still remember the look of shock and heartbreak on her face when Elena daggered her in TVD after pretending to be her friend. Team Rebekah!
Flag
I will always love klaus and his brilliant plans poor Elijah. I'm liking this new and powerful witch she seems a little crazy though maybe it's just me. I love how similar yet different Rebekah and klaus are they are family and sometimes family drive you up the wall but you still love them
Flag
after watching this episode I don't know if this is a show I would follow. I guess I'll finish out the season just to see where it leads. there are some things i like about it but it kinda reminds me of vamp diaries, which just wasnt my cup of tea.
Flag
Nicely placed British reference (probably the wrong word, I know).
Flag
well. that was as much info dump as i can possibly handle...
Flag
Just one word ESPECTACULAR. I am already a fan ! It had so much story and strong characters (Rebekah being my favorite) and I am so glad the writers could make so much different from the Vampire Diaries and not being a shadow.
Flag
totally agree with you!!
Flag
I'm obsessed with this show already! I thought it was an odd lead in for Supernatural. But they are both focused on the strength of (dysfunctional) family. And they are both awesome. So it works.

1. I'm not irritated with all the exposition at this point. You can't hate the producers & network for trying to find an audience outside of TVD fandom.

It looks like they have a chance at succeeding based on the ratings. A 0.9 rating for last night's episode means TO doesn't need TVD as a lead in. Let's see if the new viewers stick around.

2. Rebekah 4 EVA. She blazed into town and brought excitement & passion to the show. TVD came close to making her character boring IMO. Rebekah just didn't fit into the whole high school scene. I didn't buy her desire to be prom queen with a human teenage boyfriend.

Rebekah's too cool for school. But she's right at home bossing witches around, being all sassy with Klaus, and protecting Hayley.

I enjoy all flavours of The Original family. Let's face it, they've been the best part of TVD for awhile. Hopefully Elijah doesn't have too many scheduling conflicts playing doctor in Canada.

3. No, but I went through a Wiccan phase in high school. Witches can be bitches and teen witches are definitely the worst. So I'm terrified and excited to see what teen attic super witch has up her sleeve.

4. Camizzzzzzz super boring. I'm worried about her. The actress is heavily featured in all the promo so she's sticking around. She's a potential love interest for Klaus & Marcel. That's a recipe for the most boring love triangle ever.

I'm more into the incenstual Klaus, Rebekah, Marcel love triangle even though it's creepy as hell.

What's up with that though? Klaus wasn't so incesty on TVD. I guess TO writers really do want a darker, more adult show :/

I like Hayley. The writers have done a better job building up her character. I won't lie, I squealed a little when Klaus called her 'little wolf' at the end. Their relationship makes more sense now that they've bonded over their shared history as tragic abandoned children.

I don't think we've seen enough of Sophie to hate her already. She's spunky and ancestral magic sounds interesting. I hope we get a richer witchy backstory on TO.
More+
Flag
Also, are we not gonna get photo recaps for this? I guess they are a lot of work, but they are soo much fun. It would be great!
Flag
Does anyone else feel like this is the grown up version of tvd? Like this is, what it should have been from the start? I like Elena and the others, but The Originals feels like the grown up version. Even the topics, like abortion and slavery... It is much more down to earth than all this love and intriguing stuff in tvd(I really enjoy it, too, don't get me wrong)
Rebecca going for Elysiah is just perfect. I really hope she is not compromising on her convictions for a long time. She needs to call Klaus on his crap with her hatred.
As for Davina... She is wearing way too much make-up. I look at pictures of her and I still don't know what she looks like or how old she is. I imagine her a little like Selena Gomez... that would be fine as a look... but seriously, why? just show us her face...
Also I like Sophie, but mostly because she is really hot. As for Camille... just die soon,so your random personality can become an interesting storyline.
However, really great episode, all of tvd is just like what television was made for! I can't grasp how good this is.
More+
Flag
YAY!! Rebekah too...I like this show better for each episode :)
Flag
Rebekah and Elijah make things possible!!
Flag
but gotta say Elijah is the one I feel for these days
Flag
I havent seen this ep yet. This show seems like it has some potential.
Flag
I did like this episode although all the exposition is annoying me too, hopefully they'll cut back on it, or stop it, within the next few episodes.
I enjoyed the flashbacks of Elijah, Klaus and Rebekah and the ones of Marcel too, particulalrly him as a kid. I did enjoy the friendship that started between Rebekah and Hayley, who has become much more interesting on this show than she was on TVD.
Sophie seems okay and I am interested in what Davina is although I wouldn't say that I like her but poor camille is still a little boring- hopefully that will change soon.
Flag

Now, that's what I call a Caring Godmother.

Flag
I thought it was a great episode.Love Rebekah.Marcel is cute,charismatic but evil.Myfavorite Originals are Rebekah & Elijah.Liked the character of Hayley and her suff tonight was good.Davinas weird and if she's 16 ,her and Marcel relationship is creepy.Loved the Rebekah/Haley stuff too.
Flag
This episode was SO much better. For a while they were actually making me hate my favorite characters...

1) Ugh CW, stop trying to act like you're pulling in an entire new audience. You're not! SHOW do not TELL and stop using Camille as a goddamn mouthpiece for character anaylsis. We do NOT need her explanation on "bad boys". We're watching the show, we know how flippant Marcel and Klaus are about murder. In fact, we laugh at Camille because she doesn't KNOW so stop it with the bs exposition CW. Stop it now!!

2) My favorite is Klaus. The man has so many issues and I love that we're getting more glimpses inside his mind. The scenes with Klaus and Rebekah were amazing. Also, about their weird, possibly incestuous relationship. While I've always been curious, I think that Klaus' behavior stems from Rebekah being deceived by a member of The Five. If you recall, Klaus knew of their relationship, but it wasn't until the hunter caught ALL the siblings off guard and almost killed them that Klaus went crazy. If you suffered 52 years of mental torture because your baby sister fell in love with the wrong guy, you'd probably be pretty cautious and unforgiving too.

3) That would never happen. MacGuffins only have power that you believe them to have. It's like fairies from Hook. I'll just tell her I don't believe :P

4) Personally I think Camille is a pawn/canon fodder. Klaus compelled her to follow Marcel so even if Marcel told her to forget what she just saw, she should still have followed him. We'll see.

About the witches...Sophie is the weakest thing I've ever seen (this includes Bonnie the novice who only got it right 40% of the time). We've seen several witches on TVD and they had no problem doing magic away from home. This means ancestral magic sucks and shouldn't be practiced. If Sophie wants to matter, then she needs to get into grave robbing and starting carting coffins around like Klaus.

At the same time, Davina seems TOO powerful. Hopefully she's not a witch, but something else like Rebekah said. And she's STILL a walking Macguffin. Don't deny it Price!! (Sidenote: I'm getting weird pedo vibes from Marcel...) Personally, I think that scene would have worked better if Marcel was the one with the telekentic power. If Klaus, who is DEAD, can have a freakin baby, then Marcel can find a way to activate his inner witch. As it stands now, Marcel is just a weakling who got lucky.

I love the flashbacks. Marcel finally feels like a person and not a caricature. His motives are still suspect though. Hayley was also an actual character with feelings, but it's too early for this pregnant, damsel in distress crap. I hated that line, "when I was fighting those vampires", all she did was throw a cup! That was NOT vervain so I call BULLCRAP on the face burning CW!! Also, I hope Klaus realizes his cover up story is dumb. "His buddies went on holiday?" Marcel is not gonna believe that.
More+
Flag
I'm going to save my judgments for the series until they release a few more episodes, but so far I'm liking what I'm seeing. For one, I think all the characters are incredibly powerful and create a compelling ensemble cast. But there are moments where I'm like yaaaaawn because there is a LOT of exposition.

P.S. I had shivers when Klaus told Rebekah all his small maneuvers to underhand Marcel. It was chilling.

P.P.S. BRING BACK ELIJAH.
Flag
A bit disappointed in this episode.
Too many voiceovers - 3 in this episode.
I could have done without all those flashbacks and Klaus' explanation to wolf girl near the end of the episode was a bit weak considering what he has done to his family in the past.
Why the bar maid meant so much to Marcel was a bit weak as well - barely knows her, but she means enough to him that he will take Rebekah to his uber witch and Elijah - she wiped her mind of the location, but not of the entire meeting????
Personally i want to see more Elijah and Rebekah, because while Nick revealing his actual plan was a nice touch, his reasoning behind most of his actions have been a bit silly. If he gets invested in the baby that may change
Flag
Loving this!! <3
Loving Rebekah's usual awesomeness, her friendship with Hayley and teaming up with Klaus. Her flashback of killing those bar-vamps? AWESOME! <3
Loving Klaus'...Klausiness! ;D
Loving Hayley - her personality, friendship with Bekah and awesome bonding scene with Klaus!
Loving Elijah - he needs to be back!
Great flashbacks! Interesting to see Marcel's back-story.
Interested in Sophie - and her actress is awesome - but Camille? Ugh. Boring. I love the idea of her character, but the delivery? I don't like her at all, but I'll try to give her a chance. I DO NOT want Marcel with Rebekah at present, so I hope Camille can at least distract him from Bekah.
So excited for next week!!! I've probably missed something amazing from this ep in this comment... :)
Flag
I love the fact that the show didn't redeem Klaus and I hope it won't anytime soon. It's a very nice twist to see him as an anti-hero. Rebekah and Elijah too are not ultimately good people but we still root for them. I think this is why I like The Originals more than I expected. We don't have the usual good vs evil dilemma. Everybody is bad in a way.
It was smart to give us some background on Marcel, so we could see why he is our favorite family's enemy. He is still really charismatic but we know a little more. That being said, I was a little annoyed with the over-exposition as well. The show is forgiven because maybe not everybody watched The Vampire Diaries before (which I strongly doubt, though) and it's only the second episode and there is a lot of ground to cover. I would still appreciate a little less obviousness in future episodes.
Other than that, the show is off to a tremendous start! It really is a little darker, more mature than TVD and I really like that.
Flag
This episode had my two favorite things: Becks, and WIGS. Crazy wigs. Ugly wigs. Wigs that were sort of unnecessary because they weren't much longer than Klaus' real hair, but just thrown on because the costume people are apparently in on the wig jokes. WIGS.

So I was bopping along, laughing at wigs, loving my girl Rebekah, learning to like Hayley a little, and a funny thing happened. This show went kinda dark. The last time this happened was when Matt asked Elena why she was so into the undead and while I was busy mocking her, she answered "Because they won't die on me." We've had many scenes of violence on TVD that somehow lack the emotional impact they should have, but Klaus strangling Hayley was full-on. It was horrible, difficult to watch, not funny and was followed by that brilliant recoil by Joe Morgan, where he appeared to actually shrink into a small boy. They promised that this show would be more adult and darker than TVD and I'm happy to see it heading that way. Klaus as the abused, cast off child, hated and hunted by his parents, unable to trust anyone, and his siblings continually forgiving his crimes because of the survivor guilt they have since they were slightly less hated - THIS is the MIkaelsons. I feel like that "we've been together for 1000 years" line got thrown around constantly on TVD, but for the first time I saw the vast psychological landscape of it. If TVD has eeked 5 seasons out of the Salvatores 160 years of bickering over just one chick, The Originals could go one forever.
More+
Flag
YES on the wigs!!! They were glorious this episode, particularly Elijah's!
Flag
I agree, the show feels more adult and dark. So far there is no Big Bad that everyone would despise - just two vampires (true at least one of them is a psycho - not sure about Marcelus yet) fighting for control over the city.

There are no good guys here. Rebekah - she's eager to murder an innocent girl (Camille) just to achieve her goal. Haley - she wanted to abort Baby Wolf and run away (which I totally understand in her situation). If the vampires didn't attack her she would probably fulfil her plan. Sophia - she's using Haley as a human shield.

I think The Originals are more akin to Kindred: The Embraced then to TVD. And IMO that's a great thing.

Flag
Great point about the no good guys! I prefer to not have to engage in endless conversations about whether or not Jeremy can forgive Damon for killing him so often. All these people are monsters, but look how much humanity you can find inside a monster?
Flag
Yes, I finally see what they were going for because last episode it felt like they were going for safe.
Flag
Agreed. Soooo much better this week and although I've always understood Klaus' issues, that strangulation scene really hit home that he just DOES NOT know how to deal with things. And that talk between him and Rebekah was so powerful, I loved it!
Flag
Honestly, Elijah, Klaus and Rebekah are my 3 favorite characters on TV right now. There's just so much THERE.
Flag
I agree completely...they were the inner core that kept VD going...
Flag
Agreed, and I'm glad to see that it's finally coming together because for a while there, even back in TVD when they started this storyline, they were turning me off. It's very upsetting when writers make you dislike your favorite characters. All their decision making was just so off and uncharacteristic. It's nice to see the Originals get back to their badass, evil plotting and dysfunctional basics. This episode reminded me of season 3 when they were in their prime. There are still several things that I dislike and/or are weak plot points (NO witches for example), but hopefully they can iron out the kinks.
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
Thanks for the review. I enjoyed this episode a lot. I agree there is a lot of exposition, but it hasn't nearly been so annoying to me. I've hardly noticed it. Also, Price, you are coming from a position of having watched TVD for four years. I think the writers are catering, a little bit, to people who did not watch TVD. They definitely are trying to pull in people who are new to this storyverse. The long explanation Marcel gave about how his club works was, to me, a quick explanation on things like healing vamp blood, the power of compelling, etc. Rules about feeding and mind control are different in every vamp verse, and I thought that was actually a pretty quick explanation as to the rules in this one. A little annoying if you already know, but some viewers probably don't.

As for Rebekah, I agree she was awesome. I also agree she was a slightly different version of herself, and in a massively good way, because I hated her on TVD. I did not find her kickass at all on TVD. She was whiny and childish. I started to like her maybe a little bit in the last third of the fourth season of TVD, but only a little, and mostly because of her relationship with Matt. So, yeah, Definitely happy to see this badass version of her now.

I also agree Hayley is way improved, which, thank god. I really wanted to like her, and now I think I love her. Her storyline in this episode was the best, and I loved all her scenes with Rebekah, and her scene with Klaus at the end. I also hope they stick with her awesomely colloquial speech ("This room is like a swamp sauna") because it's such a great contrast to the sometimes more formal Mikelsons (Yes, including the 'brother' and 'sister' thing which doesn't bother me at all :D)

As for Marcel and Klaus teaming up against something more menacing, well, I'm wondering if that could be Davina, because I'm definitely curious as to why she's so loyal to Marcel.

I don't find Sophie boring, but she will be boring if we don't see her more involved in the storyline, which, I assume we will eventually. Cami, though, is pretty boring. For some reason, I remember really enjoying her in the backdoor pilot - I think I was maybe the only person who enjoyed the art scene between her and Klaus. But, yeah, she was pretty lackluster and, worse, annoying, in this episode.

As for Elijah - LOOK, HE BETTER COME BACK SOON, OKAY? Seriously, as much as I am loving Klaus, Haley, and Rebekah, and as much as I am enjoying Marcel, I definitely need Elijah. That's kind of why I started watching this show. SO HE NEEDS TO COME BACK NAO OK?
More+
Flag
Here is my problem about the Marcel explaining how his club works scene-if this episode is happening right as Rebekah arrives in New Orleans, then it should be taking place at least three months after the pilot. That means Klaus has been in New Orleans for months. You mean to tell me in all that time he never bothered to explain to Klaus how the club worked? Otherwise I think it was OK that he explained it. But maybe he should have done it to Rebekeh who actually was new to the scene.
Flag
Yeah, the show has not really addressed the time-jump at all. I'm pretty sure Haley should be more pregnant than she is right now, too, but since she's not showing at all, she's probably not more than three months along. It's almost like they're pretending that it hasn't been that much time.
Flag
1. Nothing really bothers me about this show...I like it so much.
2. I like them all, but I love Klaus!
3. I stay away from attics!
4. I like Camille... I find her interesting.
Great episode! Can't wait for the next one :)
Flag
Not really feeling this show so far. I think they missed a huge opportunity by not bringing Caroline and Matt down to Nawlins.
Flag
I think they'll end up there if The Originals maintains the current ratings.

I don't see The Vampire Diaries going past season 6. The actors contracts are done after that. And none of the leads seem to love their jobs. They might try their luck & look for other work.

I haven't seen Candice Accola and Zach Roerig on anything else. I could see them moving to The Originals if given the chance.
Flag
It wouldn't be as good with them there, and their place is on TVD. I know Klaroline is big, and I used to support it, but it isn't really that good a ship anymore... I can see why it should be, obviously, but I don't think Caroline is right for him, nor him for her. Mabekah didn't really happen much, and I like Matt being on TVD, Caroline too. Losing them on that would be beyond sad.
Flag
This episode is definitely better, but I too feel like there were some missed chances for character development for Klaus, Caroline, Rebekah, and Matt. Hopefully this will be rectified at some point in time. I'm still praying for crossovers and Candice Accola switching shows.
Flag
If my memory isn't faulty an attic witch has never thrown me out a window. Thank you for the synopsis.
Flag
I LOVE me some Rebekah so any hour that centers on her (there have NOT been enough of them) is an instant win for me. I have a feeling Elijah's place on this show will be very sporadic given his commitment to Saving Hope.
Flag
DID YOU KNOW?

"Chalk it up" has the following origins. In the older days, taverns would keep a chalkboard of who owed how many drinks to the owner, then if someone wanted to buy a drink for another person, they would tell the tavern owner to chalk it up to them.
It then evolved to where teams would keep track of winning and losing scores via a blackboard and tallies. So when you chalk something up, you ascribe it to something or someone (good or bad).
DISCLAIMER: All this information is a product of Google, none of it is guaranteed to be correct.

Well, NOW YOU KNOW!
Flag
That's also kind of where 'Mind your P's and Q's' comes from, because they would keep track of pints and quarts, so when you're tab was getting overlarge, the bartender would go, 'Mind your P's and Q's,' and then the guy would have to pay up. True Fact.
Flag
I just realized I changed pronouns annoyingly. Sry.
Flag
I think they're trying to find their balance between giving us already TVD fans more and giving exposition to the people who have never watched TVD and are diving into this show blind. I'm really liking TO so far but I'm not so wild about the daggers no longer needing white oak to work. It kind of negates the fact that white oak was in fact a big bad to the Mikaelson's and two of their brothers are permanently dead partly thanks to some white oak. I'm interested to see how it all continues. I'm rooting for this show!
Flag
They haven't been using ash for a long time. They used it maybe the first two times somebody got daggered, but then they were wasting valuable screen-time showing someone dip a dagger into a vial. I guess they do it off-camera now? But then someone could sabotage the whole deal by dumping that ash off a balcony, so I'm really not sure.
Flag
Agreed. Taking the daggers is good and all, but where's the vile of white ash? And Hayley only gave her two daggers. That means Klaus should have two more since Elijah's already incapacitated. (Maybe 3 because I do believe the hunters made one for Klaus, it just didn't work)
Flag
You know, I was wondering about the ash! Klaus used to carry the white oak ash around, with the daggers. If we're dropping that, yeah, I'm a little annoyed.
Flag
Does anyone else think that Davina (esp in the picture in this review) looks kinda like Katie Holmes?
Flag
Umm...yeah.

1. Exposition is a necessary snoozefest. I can live with it for now.
2. Elijah. Always and forever.
3. Does being chased from an attic by a skittish cat count?
4. Who?
Flag
I like Camille a hell of a lot better than I like Hayley, actually. Camille isn't afraid to stand up to men. Camille thinks that dating sexy bad boys is stupid because they're not good for healthy relationships. Camille is a working student.

Hayley is pregnant teen male gaze character who can't speak in an American accent to save herself and drawls all of her lines. I skip Hayley's scenes. I don't skip Camille's.
Flag
Are you kidding? While the idea of Camille is amazing and so my type of person, the delivery sucks. She's boring and a little irritating.
Hayley had already improved so much in the last two episodes, particularly this one. SHE stood up to a pack of wolf-hating vampires whilst being alone and pregnant, and then to Klaus (who she had already stood up to before back in TVD). Her character has so much potential and is already getting better. I loved her scenes with Bekah and Klaus at the end.
This show is getting so good, already!! :D <3
Flag
amen
Flag
1) Less exposition def, I burst out laughing during the pauses Rebekah took while narrating the flashback
2) I think Rebekah, thought she was really cool protecting Haley in Elijah' stead
3) Nope, attics creep me out so I stay away from them as a rule
4) I think Camille is the blonde woman that Marcell was trying to get with? I didn't consider her significant enought to know her name so yeah def zzzzzzzzzzz

And I'm glad I'm not the only one who really likes the pregnancy plotline, it's bringing out the sweet, protective side of everyone and the Rebekah + Haley friendship is just too adorable.. Also i really dislike Davina still, idk why though, maybe cause she was mean to Rebekah?
Flag
I don't like Davina because even though she's looks like she's suppose to be really young, she seems oddly sexual and I'm getting weird pedo vibes from her and Marcel.
Flag
YES! That's what I was thinking too, the vibe was kinda gross, like she's kinda posessive of his attention or something and the Originals are the competition.
Flag
In that case, since the only Original to see Davina (I think I'm understanding your comment correctly, but tell me if I'm off) is Rebekah, and I'm fairly sure she's straight. Also it's a competition between two people who used to love each other over someone (Davina) who one of them likes? Probably misinterperating your question here.
Flag
Oh okay. Sorry about that.
Flag
Yeah, you're misinterpreting, I was agreeing with tdm260 (read her comment) that there seem to be some kind of romantic/sexual vibes between Davina and Marcell. And I was conjecturing maybe Davina is jealous of Marcell's previous relationship with Klaus/Rebekah/Elijah and doesn't want to lose Marcell's attention. It came off weird that she wanted them gone from New Orleans so badly when all she does is hang out in an attic and serve Marcell.
Flag
It's really gross and while I would believe it and go with it if that's what they decide to do, I'll hate it at the same time. The tension though is the worst though. I need to know what their deal is because right now it makes no sense.
Flag
Yeah my dislike for Davina is definitely because of the way she treated Rebekah. Plus she's probably the reason the witches can't practice- so she's probably bad news.
Flag
I personally loved the flashbacks, giving us a better understanding of who Marcel is. Klaus needs to back off on telling Rebekah who she can and can't be with, its getting to be a little strange. Rebekah is going to be the star of the show, as long as she stays front and center, it will work. Still not feeling the baby storyline, it would have been better without it, along with Hayley. I'm so interested in Davina and this bond she has with Marcel. Cami, not interested in. Sophie needs a reason for being around, not seeing it yet. Other than that, very good episode.
Flag
I really enjoyed the flashbacks of Marcel. He's starting to feel like a person and not a caricature. Thank god! Still don't see him as a suitable villian, an antagonist yes, a villian, nope.

I love Rebekah too. Her and Klaus always have the best interactions and it really helped this show out because it was suffering.

I did like the moment that Rebekah told Klaus, "it's okay to care." But I didn't necessarily need the baby for that. They could have had that a very similar talk when they realized that they couldn't get Elijah back and it still would have worked. The baby is ridiculous because we all know it's not going to survive the pregnancy, and even if it does, they're not going to have a baby on this show so something ludicrous will happen just like it did on Angel (and that storyline sucked). And while Hayley was a little better this episode now that she's not SUPER negative about every little damn thing, I still don't like her. I have no desire to watch a pregnant, damsel in distress and that's what she's going to be. Her whole, "when I was fighting those vampires". You threw a cup, calm down.

The witches are still useless and Cami is only good as a pawn against Marcel. I don't see her having a long shelf life and I don't want her to. This show needs some character deaths.
More +
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members
  • 8:00 pm
    The Bachelorette
    NEW
    ABC
  • 10:00 pm
    Mistresses Blurred Lines
    NEW