A The Originals Community
Thursday 9:00 PM on The CW

The Originals S01E20: "A Closer Walk With Thee"

Important disclaimer: This episode of The Originals, "A Closer Walk With Thee," was co-written by one of my in-real-life ("IRL") friends, Carina Adly MacKenzie. I am obviously using the term "friend" loosely in that I am for all intents and purposes friendless due to my bad personality and questionable hygiene and I spend most of my waking hours very alone and in a state of utter, existential darkness. But yeah, if I had to put down an emergency contact on paperwork or whatever, Carina could probably be one of those people. So in the interest of journalistic integrity (LOL), please keep in mind that I am about to discuss an episode of The Originals written by someone I actually know for real. Should I have recused myself from this review entirely? Probably. But I want to talk about this episode that my friend wrote! Is that such a crime? No it is not, not YET, anyway. You never know what dark places Obama will be steering this country into next. Just kidding, I'm not totally sure who Obama is or what he even does. But I definitely know and love the lady who co-wrote this episode. This is not a humble brag, just a straight-up brag. It's also a disclaimer. You've been disclaim'd!

But I honestly think I would've adored this episode no matter who wrote it, if only for the M83 song and Nightmare on Elm Street realness. It was like "A Closer Walk With Thee" was a blowdart that hit me directly in the pleasure center of what's left of my brain? While the episode wasn't exactly heavy with revelation or twists, it crystallized everything we love about these characters' relationships and gave us more standout confrontations than the human heart can possibly endure. The nursery scene. The alley scene. The KISS. The flashbacks. The return of a major villain. SO MUCH blood vomit. Yes, I may be biased in this specific circumstance, but I'm also a real jerk about things that I don't like, trust me. Fortunately I loved this episode.

Let's talk Irish funerals. I'm that monster who never really cared that much about Father Kieran as a character. What exactly was that guy's deal? Go growl in somebody else's dark church, guy. But what I DID care about was the effect his curse had on Cami, and last week his demise really put her through the ringer. That's why this week's funeral-centric episode was as healing for us viewers as it was for the characters. All good funerals include fiddlin' and whiskey, and though both Cami and Hayley felt that Kieran's wake was too festive, it was exactly the kind of wake we should all want. The kind where disparate plotlines intersect, secrets are revealed, and bitchery goes down in the kitchen. Cami did a lot of emotional heavy-lifting in this episode, vacillating between wanting to wash her hands of these supernatural goings-on entirely and wanting to stay super up-to-date and involved in everything. The crux of her storyline was the stolen key that Marcel and Josh had taken from her dead uncle's corpse. Cami only found out about its existence when the riverboat lady demanded she turn it over (Cami told her off good), but once Marcel revealed he'd stolen it, she insisted that they set off to find out what exactly it unlocked. As it turned out, the key opened a box buried in her dead brother's tomb, but that box contained a secret code that only Cami could crack. We know that it's allegedly some kind of anti-supernatural atom bomb, but WHAT.

All that being said, this was a Klaus episode for sure. I normally hate dream-sequence cold opens, but this one made sense: Klaus opened Kieran's casket only to find his newborn daughter, then got sproink'd! with the White Oak stake by Mikael before he could pick her up. To be honest, I wish that when Klaus had awakened in bed he'd spat out a little blood so that there was more of a connection between his dream and real life (sort of like when Nancy woke up scratched by Freddy Krueger's claws), but at least the episode quickly revealed that Elijah had been dreaming about Mikael also, tipping us off that these weren't simply dream sequences. Because eerie! But narratively Klaus's dreams not only dovetailed with his fears of impending fatherhood, they also served as an important reminder that Klaus was already a father. Flashbacks to slavery times showed us that Klaus had taken Marcel away from his biological father (a white slave owner) and raised him as his own son; a later flashback showed him turning an adult Marcel into a vampire after Marcel gave Klaus the verbal equivalent of a #1 Dad coffee mug. So yeah, a devastating reinforcement of how heart-wrenching Klaus and Marcel's current conflict is while also giving Klaus reason to want to do a better job with his next child. Paternal-Instinct!Klaus is quickly becoming my favorite Klaus.

As for Mikael, the Freddy Krueger parallels just kept coming. Not only did he invade one of Davina's seances, he terrorized Hayley when she temporarily died from a witch's curse. This was a particularly sensational episode for Hayley, who, pregnant as h*ck, beat up the riverboat lady's random henchman and also more than held her own against Freddy Krueger Mikael on the Other Side. But that didn't mean Mikael wasn't a terrifying presence; as Klaus revealed in a highly amusing aside, he'd called Bonnie Bennett and confirmed that the Other Side was indeed crumbling, so that immediately tipped us off that, more likely than not, Mikael will be made flesh again soon. And that was before the episode's closing stinger in which Mikael straight-up asked Davina to help make this happen, ostensibly as retribution for Klaus having killed her fiddle-boo. I'm pretty sure Davina will be smart enough not to help him, but who knows? Once the Other Side disintegrates for good, it's anyone's guess who will be coming back. Because people WILL be coming back, it's just a matter of who. Gosh knows this show could stand to regain one or more legit Originals. Consider it foreshadowed!

Back to Hayley, though: Wow wow wow. Two of this episode's more devastating conversations involved that lady. After Monique poked a Hayley-shaped voodoo doll, Hayley puked blood in the streets and DIED. That's when she encountered Mikael and stabbed him with whatever was around. Thankfully Genevieve had had a major change of heart about murdering Hayley's baby (this alone was another VERY satisfying and surprising character turn), so she undid Monique's curse, and it wasn't long until Hayley agreed that maybe she should live under Klaus's protection again. (But it's like, twist her arm, why don't you? Those swamp shanties looked so comfy!) However, just when it seemed like Hayley was settling in for a miserable stay in a shabby-chic prison mansion, Klaus reassured her that it wasn't simply the baby he cared about; he did care deeply about Hayley as well. If you're like me, you laughed out loud at Klaus's idea of nursery décor (hanging crystals and that nightmare painting he once did), but Hayley seemed very touched and paid him one of the more knee-weakeningly powerful compliments he's maybe ever received: When he asked her what Mikael had said about him on the Other Side, she simply answered "Nothing true." The look on his face. SO GOOD. There was also the bit where she wanted to know why he even called Mikael "father," and Klaus responded that it was because Mikael "had done harm to him only a father could do." Anyway, again, bias, but come on. PERFECT. Then came the part where Elijah confessed that when Hayley died it was the most frightened he'd been in one thousand years and then they KISSED and he disappeared and she smiled. Is your heart even still beating?

Marcel and Klaus had a wonderful confrontation in a back alleyway also, but no duh. Every scene with these two guys is always good. (P.S. did you read my interview with the dreamy Charles Michael Davis? He had some nice things to say about working with Joseph Morgan and they felt especially pertinent in this episode.) In my opinion Klaus seems way more eager to bury the hatchet with Marcel than Marcel does, mostly because Marcel seemed pretty hellbent on fortifying his vampire forces against whatever Klaus has been cooking up with the werewolves. But man, especially after those flashbacks, it was incredibly painful to see those two bickering. Since they both look about the same age, it's easy to forget that Klaus is basically Marcel's FATHER, but when Marcel paid Klaus the tenuous compliment that his will to win was instilled in him by Klaus himself, it was undeniably powerful. Again, I was slow to accept their turf-war conflict as anything I should care about (Klaus is one million times stronger and smarter than Marcel), but the emotional stakes are suddenly so high that suddenly it's like oh, I get it now. These guys need each other and always will.

I feel like I want to say a quick thing about Genevieve, another character I haven't been crazy about. As I've said in the past, she was my fourth-favorite witch out of the four who were resurrected, but this episode represented a major turning point not only for her character, but my opinion of her. Almost nothing thrills me more than a bad character turning good, so when she actively decided to side with Klaus against Monique, I got chills. Later, when she begged her ancestors to lay off the baby and they threw her around the graveyard and made her face leak so much blood, I felt very terrible for her. Genevieve has suddenly taken a sharp turn into tragedy and I'm totally on board. Also she is still so horny for Klaus, so that's just a very good character trait on her part. But seriously there is now a part of me that is maybe even rooting for Genevieve? That probably means she's going to die soon, but still. Her sudden likability is a very refreshing twist.

It's too painful to think about how few episodes are left in this season. While certain twists seem very likely (Mikael's return!), most of the other plotlines could go in any direction (what's that secret code in the box?), and that's a real thrill. If "A Closer Walk With Thee" represents the quiet before the storm, then holy moly. There was nothing quiet about this episode's relentlessly troubled heart, nor the pathos emanating from its every frame. I really liked this episode.

QUESTIONS:

... Will Mikael be back for good? What about any of the other dead Mikaelsons?

... What will Cami's secret code say?

... Do you like Genevieve more now?

... *whispers* Bastiana.

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 5/20/2016

Season 3 : Episode 22

185 Comments
Comments (185)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Well, since that Supernatural: Bloodlines pilot wasn't picked up, I think all signs point to Kol coming back next year. I would have said no way, but the actor playing Kol seems to have fallen in as one of those actors the CW wants to re-use again and again. I would be shocked now if we DON'T see him in Season 2.

Finn, I kind of don't think we'll see, but it could be interesting to see him developed more (wasn't he the uptight Original who was good and hated being a vampire or something?).
Flag
This was a great episode, and I just watched it after watching 2 recent episodes of TVD, the latter of which was especially brutal. So, the glaring contrast in quality made this episode seem even more awesome than it probably was.
Just one point though, as an actual Irish person who lives in Ireland and has done her whole life, can I just say that is NOT how we have wakes/funerals/behave after a death of a loved one.
In fact, that whole thing was mildly offensive. Even more offensive than it is to make me try to believe that Cami is Irish. (Kieran and Sean I get, they even look slightly like potatoes, so I can see the Irishness there, but an irish bird called Camille, with blonde hair and blue eyes??? Not a hope. Come on, show. It's not like you can throw a stone in the States and not hit a Paddy, would it kill yis to just talk to one and see how things are really done??)
//rant
Hayley is a BAMF. And thank God for that, cos I am so sick of damsel in distress Elena on TVD and Cami on TO, and now that Rebekah is gone for a while, we sure as hell need a bad ass chick that doesn't make me wanna punch things, Francesca!! What a biatch she was!
Mikael is coming back, delighted!
Also, now that Bloodlines isn't being picked up, Kol can defo come back!
More+
Flag
how great did klaus look in the period trousers? they certainly didn't leave anything to the imagination, if you know what i mean *wink wink*
Flag
The whole episode was bit some boring...loved the flashbacks between Marcel and Klaus...and the attack on Haley was cool too, hoe Genevieve saved her...she is such a cool witch...the best part was, that Michael is back and he wants to live again....Season 2 spoiler???????????
Flag
I love Genevieve, please don't kill her. If any witch has to die pleae let it be Monique. I hate that witch, I mean bitch.
Flag
Alright. So we know that people can be resurrected now. I have three questions:

1.) can people who've been sucked out of the other side (ie Katherine) return or is it just people on the other side?

2.) sorry for all the tvd references but if Mikael can be resurrected by Davina then why can't Liv "resurrect" Bonnie

3.) can witches who've been consecrated return? I think Esther should return if Mikael does- all the Originals in the living world again! And she would be a nice balance.
Flag
Hi ;) !
It's just a theory but I think Liv can't resurrect Bonnie because being the Anchor to the Other Side, she's in between two "worlds". She's not really dead, not really alive. Plus if there's no Other Side anymore she can't bring her back. Not sure it works but maybe it's a possibility ;) .
Flag
I remember it was said that the Anchor is between worlds meaning it can interact with both and its inhabitants. So Bonnie would still be a ghost, just capable of physically interact with everyone. This is what I remember at least.
Flag
Good point about number 2. Maybe Mikael knows some spell from Esther's grimoire that Liv doesn't?
Flag
Alright. So we know that people can be resurrected now. I have three questions:

1.) can people who've been sucked out of the other side (ie Katherine) return or is it just people on the other side?

2.) sorry for all the tvd references but if Mikael can be resurrected by Davina then why can't Liv "resurrect" Bonnie

3.) can witches who've been consecrated return? I think Esther should return if Mikael does- all the Originals in the living world again! And she would be a nice balance.
Flag
I really, REALLY hope that Mikael ISN'T coming back!! I'm so tired of people coming back from the dead, it's getting old and cliché. It kinda worked with Genevieve and Papa Tunde, because they where new characters to us viewers. Mikael is old news, if they had to bring back some dead person, they could bring back Henrick or that other unknown Mikaelson child, I'd love to see that! Although, I wouldn't mind Kol coming back, truth be told. After his short appearance in TVD, I realized I kinda miss him and his cockiness :P But Mikael - NO! I know that Mikael was the only one Klaus really ever feared, but come on! With Klaus, slowly growing a conscience and becoming more human (which I love!) he's becoming more vulnerable. With Elijah, Hayley, his baby girl, Marcel, Cami and, don't deny it, Caroline, Klaus has several weaknesses, which any smart enemy could exploit. They don't have to necessary be stronger, just cunning and merciless.
Besides, the Mikaelsons travelled Europe for 700 years, a historical period full of superstition and the birth of countless myths and legends. The origin of the vampire myth, witch hunts, countless wars, religion vs. science, SO MUCH happened in that period, why not bring out some of the people they met there; an old Voldemort- like warlock, someone they turned or others turned!?
I wish a European would join the writing team, because let's face it, Americans aren't the best on World history, no ditching intended, but to take an example of the writers bad history knowledge - the Mikaelsons where known to flee Scandinavia in the 10th century, because of the plague. Fun fact - there was no plague in the 10th century, Scandinavians were proud and ruthless vikings back then ;) Having them flee because of a disagreement with the Viking king would have been more likely…
But when it comes to old vampires, history is a factor which would be a shame not to explore, if only to remind the viewers that these characters are indeed very old and has experienced a lot….
Now enough rambling about that, because seriously – I liked this episode, just like any of the earlier episodes. I love this show! The characters, the relationships and the plots so far and I really hope to continue having that opinion. Klaus is my all time, overall favourite vampire and it’s gonna take a little more than an annoying twist of another resurrected dead person, to make me stop follow his life and struggles. J
Another thing in this episode… There was a TVD reference! Klaus calling Bonnie in Mystic Falls asking about the other side. I love this show, as it is, but I’m not against cross overs every now and then and I love when things like this happens J
And then there’s of cause the Hayley/Elijah kiss – FI-NAL-LY!! I’ve only waited for it in 20 episodes, so I was happy when they, for once, didn’t stop halfway, but let it be an actual full-blown, heart- warming kiss *happy sigh*.
More+
Flag
Agreed! Only person/vampire I want coming back is Kol. Plus it makes sense that there are a few more than 2 Mikaelson's in a show about The Originals.
Flag
Genevieve is still the reason Rebekah is gone (in the show universe at least) and I'll always hate her for that.
Flag
No. The real reason Rebekah is gone because Claire Holt wanted off the show. Story-wise Rebekah is the reason Rebekah is gone. Rebekah plotted to bring Mikael to NOLA so that he could kill Klaus and then when Klaus found out they had it out and they decided they couldn't co-exist so they needed to split up so Rebekah (who never wanted to be in NOLA in the first place) left town to get a life of her own.

All Genevieve did was show Klaus the truth and out Rebekah for using her and killing her once she became a loose end.
Flag
Still without Genevieve Klaus would have never known!
Flag
"Also she is still so horny for Klaus, so that's just a very good character trait on her part." Hahahahaha. No, but seriously, I totally like her now. I mean, not love, but she's on my "good guys" list at the moment. You know who's still on my shit list? Monique. Not that I see that changing. But she's so evil. And Klaus and Marcel are so amazing together, in every scene. Aww, Klaus still loves his son.
Flag
Oh, and is it wrong that every single time Franchezka Carrere, or however you spell her name, speaks, I want to punch her in the face? It's not even just that she's a bitch, it's those faces she makes when she talks. I can't believe anyone would like her more than Genevieve.
Flag
Does anyone know where Marcel got the last name "Gerard" from? I mean, he wouldn't have taken the last name of the governor (his actual father) I don't think. and he didn't take on the name of his adopted family the Mikaelsons -so where did he get Gerard from? Was that the last name of his mother? I know she didn't give him a name, and then she died,but she still had a last name right? So that must be where he got it.
Flag
Actually, slaves took the last name their masters. So yes, he would have had his last name but not because he was his father.
Flag
This was a pretty great episode. So glad the hexed priest storyline is closed that was kinda useless and boring up until his actual death. Anyway, I am so disinterested in Cami as a character, her only saving grace right now is that she is into Marcel and not Klaus. I am so against her and Klaus. It is nice to see him show her kindness, but in my mind there is only room enough for one blonde in Klaus's life.
It was really wonderful to see Klaus and Hayley have some honest interaction in this episode. Up until this point I was questioning what Klaus intended to do with her after the baby was born, and I can't express how relieved I am that he plans to have his daughter grow up in a family home. Also Hayley's encounter with Mikael seemed to be very enlightening for her. Now that she knows a bit of Klaus's pain I think she looks at him differently, which is the best thing that could have happened for their relationship.
Next, Witches. I'm getting really sick of witches (particularly dead witches). Genevieve really redeemed herself for me in this episode. Its been difficult for me to wholeheartedly dislike, because of her past with Rebekah and her ability to stand up to Klaus. So seeing her take a stand against the ancestors this episode was really promising. I have no problem hating Monique, however. That little witch is too high on herself. She need to chill out and stop playing her little killing games before someone actually gets hurt. Devina is just boring to me at this point. She is no where near as interesting and powerful as she use to be, and it seems that her day now consist of whining, grieving, and being judged unfit by Monique. Boring!
Jackson needs to get his pack under control. If he doesn't step up soon, Oliver will. And he will make a mess of everything.
Last but not least, Marcel. This guy needs to take a breather. I mean, I get that New Orleans is his home, but he is a vampire. He has forever! Why not spend some of that time traveling the world. He should have left with Rebekah when he had the chance. She gave up her family for him, but he was unwilling to give up his so-called "throne". Go see the world, Marcel! Maybe when you come back in 20 years or so, things will have calmed down and you and Klaus can make nice. You obviously still care for each other. Otherwise one of you would be dead by now.
More+
Flag
Really great episode, Carina Mackenzie and Julie Plec did a killer job with this one :) !
To answer your questions :
1/ I don't think Mikael or any of the Mikaelson brothers will be back from the dead for good. But, I do think Mikael will come back at some point and in some capacity, until the end of this season or maybe he'll sick around a little longer? I don't know, either way, I'm thrilled! The Originals do need a valid threat just like the witches were (and still are!) because Marcel and his crew are absolutely not believable for that matter.
Speaking of him, I really wish the writers gave him something else to do, this "I want my kingdom back" thing is getting tiresome. He already did that in the first half of the season and it did not work! Plus, I'm not even worried for him, we know Klaus isn't gonna be able to kill. That's a shame, because the actor is really good and all of their scenes together were actually touching. I'd just like him to do something new and find other ways to be a believable antagonist.

2/I don't know what Cami's secret code will say but I'm excited to see what kind of weapon it actually reveals. And I hope she stays in charge somehow. It looks like she'll have to fight Francesca to keep it. I'm all for some girl fight in the future and I absolutely love Francesca. I hope both actresses will share more scenes together. Hayley could join the party too. I feel like some of the ramifications of this SL will lead her and Cami to work together. Anyway I just want to see three competent women fight over something in a show that has sort of been male-centric for too long.
Overall I'm actually relieved that the humans will have something up their sleeves to fight back in some way. Again, that would make them a valid threat in NOLA.
On another note, I'm also really glad that Cami didn't tell Marcel and chose not to "flee" her responsibilities. Good! Now she does have another purpose than being everyone's therapist (she doesn't have her degree anyway) on the show. Don't get me wrong I know I'm one of the few but I've always loved the character, I just wanted her to be more involved in NOLA's power struggles and there she is.
Consider me happy and very much intrigued!

3/ I've liked Geneviève from the begining truth be told. I did have some reservations when I saw her so hung up on Klaus almost not realizing he was using her for sex ans spells in episode 17 if I remember correctly. When it turned out I was wrong and that she wasn't the "lovesick" fool I thought she was, and just as manipulative and moving as I expected her to be, I was invested in her story again. Now I do really feel for her.

4/ If that makes you feel any better Price, I'm pretty sure it was Bastianna who ordered the "blood tears" special for Geneviève. Cheer up, because in some weird way she still lives on to make the others' life a living hell.

More+
Flag
Yes, not liking Father Kieren does in fact make you a monster. Hell, even KALUS liked Kieren! I don't see how Bastiana, could be considered a more compelling character by anyone. Her hexing of Kieren and Agnes's hexing of Sean only cemented the witches as the most despicable faction. To paraphrase severely, a line from Ghostbusters "NOBODY HEXES A PRIEST IN MY TOWN!"
I may not be a practicing Catholic at the moment, but the concept of a bad ass Catholic priest fighting the supernatural is just pretty awesome. (See Peter Jackson's Dead Alive) -
Flag
Agreed! And can I admit something? I honestly never have any idea who Price is talking about when he's babbling about Bastiana. I think she's some old witch who has showed up a few times, but can never even picture her face. :) Father Kieran was awesome!
Flag
He certainly was, and I appreciate the fact that his presence has still been heavily felt in the two episodes after his death. Both have featured characters mentioning how great he was! And it looks like he had planned on bringing Cammi into the family business all along!
I have a feeling killing him off so early in the show's run was kid of a bad move, much like what happened with Alaric and Lexi over on TVD.
Bastiana is the creepy old witch who hexed Kieran. Marcel ripped her head off, but she appeared in ghost form to Kieran when he was hallucinating. She was creepy but as a character she had nothing on the depth, complexity, and over all bad ass-ness of Kieran!
Flag
First off, what an episode to watch high. Amazingly intense. I was on the edge of my seat quite a few times and spooked quite a bit. This show is getting rapidly better by the episode.

I don't think Mikeal will be back for good but I do hope his character extends into next season for a bit. He does seem like the only real threat that Klaus should be scared of. And in all honestly this show does need somebody in that role so who better then his papa.

Cami, Cami, Cami, I wish they killed her off in the first episode. Boring character who comes across so damn annoying. I will admit that I am upset that Kieran died. I thoroughly enjoyed his character and thought we got a little bit jipped. I felt like he had so much more to give to the show and a very mysterious man that I felt we haven't even scratched the surface with yet.

I'm sure Klaus building that nursery got all the girls wet in the panties. I should take a note or two from that man :)

I can't wait to see next weeks episode!
More+
Flag
I'm praying to every heavenly being that Mikael won't come back. I've had enough of his hijinks!
Flag
After thinking about this overnight, I sort of had this thought this morning. The boys are all really going to regret this whole fighting over the territory thing, like Marcel is going to feel foolish he wasted all the energy trying to overthrow the Mikaelsons when I feel like this episode was really warning us, the women of the French Quarter are preparing for a real war.

I mean, you have Hayley who a good majority of the Crescent wolves and probably all of Klaus' people will follow who I won't be surprised maintains some of her abilities after the baby is born. She and Cami could actually become friends. Francesca has a lot of money, power and means. Genevieve, who really has to worry more and pay attention to her charges, might have a huge fight on her hands (you just know the break down of the Other Side is going to let the ancestor witches more corporeal for some reason) and then the baby witches. Basically, the boys are all going to find themselves a bit usurped at the end of the season.

Is it kind of weird that the ramifications of the whole weird Travelers thing and gobbly gook that is going on in Mystic Falls is kind of having more dire implications in New Orleans? Yeah, yeah, Bonnie is dying and all and Enzo apparently can put more oompth to his revenge mission, but like big whoop? Based on what Genevieve was saying, it sort of sounds like this might enable supernatural creatures to have peace in their afterlife. I can understand that some would be more concerned about where they are going and are taking advantage of the weakening walls to try and escape to the mortal world again, but you just know some of our favorites aren't coming back. So we won't see Alaric, or Kol, or Lexie, or Jenna, or Anna try and follow in Mikael's footsteps.

Can I hope that Mikael says something that makes Davina at least go ask Elijah or Marcel some questions that might get to that Mikael uses witches for his own nefarious goals and he is clearly appealing to Davina not just because of her disgust with Klaus (because if he looked closer, it wouldn't be that simple) but I have to think she might have gotten a slightly higher dose of Esther's power.
More+
Flag
1. If Davina brings back Mikael, I'll kill her myself.
2. How to fix the other side maybe? Or destroy it all together so that everyone will move on.
3. ... A little.
Flag
I wonder how they explained Father Kieran's death. Did they tell all the regular, non-supernatural folks at the wake that he was stabbed through the heart with a wooden stake and he had a sudden growth spurt to his canine teeth?? Or was it classified as an animal attack?
Flag
I just love how Price is all about Bastiana haha PS I'm starting to like Genevieve too ughhh I know I hated her in the beginning
Flag
Anyone else out there think the secret coded box is made from White Oak?
Flag
I don't know but that Halijah kiss was weird to me. I didn't see any chemistry at all. There was no passion. I thought the moment with klaus and hayley just talking had more chemistry than that.
Flag
I agree, but when Klaus and Hayley actually got it on on TVD, they had no chemistry either, and it was literally gross to watch. Not trying to be mean, but I'm pretty sure the actress who plays Hayley sucks at kissing/sex scenes somehow, and the chemistry is awkward no matter who she is with.
Flag
I don't trust Davina, she's a kid & she's done stupid things before cause she was scared. I have a feeling she's deff going to help out Mikael because duh, she a dum ho ho. I find her so annoying & then again I pity her character cause well , she's always stuck around not fitting in anywhere.
Flag
Since Rebekah left I was feeling like the show was losing its footing. But last night's episode had a lot of charm and it managed to give Haley enough air time to help alleviate the loss of having a strong female lead. I really liked it.
Flag
I've been watching this show all season but I don't love it. I think it's an okay show to watch when you have nothing better to do, but nothing more. This was the first episode that I really liked. It gave the characters more complexity, was emotional without being sappy and - at least for one episode - put a stop to the endless fighting scenes between all the different factions. It made me care about Klaus, Elijah, Hayley, Genevieve and Marcel for the first time since I started watching this show. Well done "A Closer Walk With Thee"!
Flag
Because Klaus was finally back to the point he was when he left TVD after a lot of character development. Now they want us to think that his development came from his time in NO, but I found his character insufferable most of the season. Finally the Klaus I remembered is back!
Flag
Congrats to your friend, Price. This was a wonderfull episode!!!! Klaus with Haley and the nursery (ok, not a fan of the decoration, he could at least painted the walls, but..), Elijah breaking the chair in desperation.. THE KISS! It was sooo good!!!
I can't wait for the baby to be born (Haley is what? 14 months pregnant, right? She got pregnant in the midddle of season 4 on TVD) to see the dymamic between those three. I laugh when Haley said: "you, me, Elijah and the miracle baby". But only on season 2, I'm afraid.
Flag
Oh, you're right! Elijah breaking that chair against the wall was awesome!
Flag
What is the song that was playing at Father Kieran's funeral? I would love to know, been trying to figure it out and I can't &~
Flag
There are those who don't like Elijah/Hayley because its wrong for Elijah to hook up with his brothers baby mama. I can somewhat agree with that but its not a big conspiracy against Klaus.

The fact is that Klaus has shown only minimal interest with his child and utter disregard to Hayley at this point. Look at their interaction in this episode. Klaus pretty much said he would knock her out, tie her up and drag her home or when he recommended to tear the baby out of Hayley dying body. (Very Caveman like of Klaus but nothing which screams undying love for Hayley)
Flag
I mean, Hayley and Klaus just had a drunken one night stand one time. Just because he got her pregnant, I don't think she's forever off limits to siblings/friends of Klaus. He doesn't own her because they got drunk and had sex one time.

On the other hand, my feelings about Hayley and Elijah go back and forth, and right now I'm not feeling that, either. But more than Hayley and Klaus, still. I prefer Klaus with Caroline, or even, god help me, with Cami.

I think the whole thing is that Klaus and Hayley are like, too alike. They understand each other, and are better as friends. Anyway, not a good idea to get into a relationship with the baby coming. What if they fought and broke up? They're going to be in each other's lives from now on. Better to be friends.
Flag
Klaus?Cami? for some reason its not in my radar. Most women in this show have no personality until recently.
Flag
I think Klaus just needed some time to come to terms with the fact that he was going to have a child - it's a big thing in his life and for Klaus it doesn't just change overnight he needs time. Klaus and Elijah are very different people and Elijah is always making these grand gestures and speeches about how he'll protect the damsel in distress (we saw it with his devotion to protecting Elena back in Season 2 & 3, we saw it when he was hooking up with Katherine and was trying to broker peace with Klaus on her behalf in Season 4, and now we're seeing it with Hayley as well to an even larger extent). That's just not Klaus though - when Hayley's life has been in danger he has been concerned, worried and wanted to help her.

I actually think Elijah tries to control Hayley (and treats her like an object) more than Klaus does. I recall even Rebekah at one point tried to tell Elijah that he needed to stop trying to dictate Hayley's life for her and needed to allow her to make her own decisions. Hayley doesn't need (or want) a babysitter. Hayley's entire character arc since we met her on TVD was finding any family she had out there so it made sense she'd want to hang out with the werewolves and get to know them. Klaus seemed fine with her decision to spend time with them and gave her some space, whereas Elijah starting stalking her (which I have never found romantic - I didn't find it romantic on TVD when Stefan stalked Elena for 3 months before they "met" either but rather creepy) out in the bayou and spying on her. It wasn't until the explosion out in the bayou in the last episode that Klaus decided that he didn't think it was really safe for Hayley to be out there anymore because he believed that she was probably the intended target (as he told her in this episode). Elijah has been trying to convince Hayley to move back in ever since he left because he wants to keep constant watch over her.

Klaus initially told her to stay put at the beginning of the season because he knew werewolves were banned in the French Quarter and he didn't want to see her get herself killed. As soon as Hayley did wander into the French Quarter she was attacked by vampires and had Rebekah not shown up and killed them Hayley would probably be dead. When he heard from Rebekah that the witches attacked Hayley out in the bayou a few episodes later Klaus showed up, was concerned for her well-being, annoyed that as soon as Rebekah mentioned Elijah (someone she knew for all of a few hours) she perked up and then he carried her home. Klaus also dealt directly with Tyler (after Tyler kidnapped her and tried to kill her - which from Tyler's POV was fair since Hayley did betray him for Professor Shane and lead 12 hybrids to their deaths) while Elijah was basically just holding Hayley's hand and doing nothing to protect her from the guy who was trying to kill her. Once Tyler got the vampires all riled up and convinced them that Klaus was going to turn the werewolves into a hybrid army that would kill them all Klaus did try to protect Hayley (although he went about it the wrong way, I think he really did want to keep her safe) by assuring the vampires that he had given up on the hybrids and wasn't planning on making any more and wouldn't have a problem with them going on a werewolf hunt.

I think Klaus was just panicking. Elijah said that Hayley's heart and stopped but the baby's hadn't. I think that since Hayley was more or less dead Klaus was afraid that the baby was going to die along with her so his first reaction was to try and save the life of the child (he also did try to save Hayley by feeding her some blood while Elijah instead chose to get angry and break a chair). Klaus was also more than willing to let Genevieve help (he mentioned that she did work as a nurse in 1919 so she does have a medical background and they know that she's a witch) . Elijah carrying Hayley off to a hospital and not allowing Genevieve to try and save her (as he actually told Genevieve that she wasn't allowed to even touch Hayley) would have probably lead to the deaths of both her and the baby. Klaus' decision to allow Genevieve to do what she could is actually what saved Hayley's life - not Elijah.

Elijah & Hayley have no foundation of any sort of relationship. As soon as Sophie told Elijah back in the pilot episode that Klaus had knocked her up he started making moon-eyes at her and swearing to protect her. Hayley was a complete stranger to him - and all he knew about her was that Klaus had slept with her and knocked her up so it's always felt to me like that's the reason he was attracted to her - solely because Klaus got her pregnant. If Elijah had met Hayley back in 4x03 (TVD) when Klaus met her I don't believe for a second that Elijah would have been interested in her, I think the only reason he's into her is because of her connection to Klaus. I've also always wondered if Elijah is aware of Hayley's role in the deaths of the 12 hybrids (because Klaus didn't mention that as the reason Tyler would have taken Hayley for revenge) or that Klaus saved her life from Katherine's minion (ironically Elijah was sleeping with Katherine at the time so his girlfriend did try and have Hayley killed).
More +
Flag
I really thought that in the box they will find the colt! (from supernatural TV show)
Flag
Don't worry! Maybe now that the Other Side is messed up, Bastiana will return! Also, Kol. Now that I've seen him on TVD, I want him to join The Originals. C'mon, any character can be redeemed! (And I always liked him, what can I say)
Flag
I want Kol back. I know the actor is on another CW show but he could be like fu-- this New Orleans /magical baby shi--. I'll travel the world with Rebbeca. He could have a cameo once in a while and if the Supernatural spin-of doesn't get picked up he could be a regular. He was even more paranoid than Klaus and an even bigger wildcard. Plus, he did try to stop MF morons from resurecting Silas, because he could actually see the bigger picture. KOL ressurected FTW!!
Flag
I agree!! And I don't even want him redeemed, just want someone around to cause trouble, since Klaus is being too mature lately and not causing enough himself!
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
I just realised that even though Marcel and Klaus are 'enemies' that Marcel can't kill Klaus anyway, because he would then also die. Or does he now know that?
Flag
Marcel was trying to kill Klaus at the beginning of the season (he wanted Davina to try and figure out how to kill The Originals) but Rebekah clued him about the whole bloodline thing so his back-up plan was the same thing Tyler tried to do in Season 4 of TVD - bury Klaus alive.
Flag
or use papa tunde's knife on him
Flag
Good memory...
Flag
So good so good! Klaus and Hayley little touching moment (I start to like daddy Klaus, oh well), his weird room decoration :), Genevieve mission not to become killer, I also enjoyed flashbacks (which is rarity for me) and me dear Camille was smart and strong as always. I´m so afraid that finale will break my heart into pieces!
Flag
Does anyone else get the chills from monique ?? I mean she literally scares me more than either Mikael or Klaus at their worst and she is just a teenager hahah
Flag
That actress is amazing, I think what scares me the most is that she's not a thousand year old villain like we're used to, but just a psycho sixteen year old witch! Bonnie should learn from that!
Flag
She's super creepy. It's because she's not evil due to abuse or life experiences or anything understandable. She's just been literally driven insane by the ancestors enough to begin by killing her loving aunt who was trying to protect her. She's nuts, and willing to do whatever the voices in her head tell her!
Flag
its cuz of the crazy eyes.
Flag
Such a good, good episode! First, that moment with Klaus & the baby was so perfect (until he got stabbed). You know he is just going to be the most amazing father & that nursery was freaking adorable. Finally some interaction between Klaus & Hayley that doesn't involve Hayley throwing some random attitude! I have never liked her but that line about Mikael's words not being true almost made up for 20 episodes of her annoying the daylights out of me. It's still ridiculous how she fights like flippin ninja when she's so heavily pregnant & can magically take on an Original but compared to the stupidity in TVD, I'll take this gladly.

I know a lot of people love Elijah with Hayley but this episode was the final nail in their coffin for me. He's never felt so frightened in 1000 years? Not when his own siblings were killed? When Rebekah was about to get it from Klaus? What happened to family above all, you hypocrite, Elijah? And now it seems Hayley is his epic love, ranking up there with Katherine & Celeste? It just makes no sense. I get why she likes him, he was kind to her. But his affection is based on that baby inside her which belongs to his brother. They have no real connection or bond, I can't even remember one meaningful conversation. She makes more sense with Klaus than she does with him.

I have always loved Genevieve & this episode made me love her even more. Somewhere inside she's still that kind nurse who wanted to help people before Rebekah killed her. I hope she sides with the Originals & maybe something can happen between her & Klaus that's meaningful. She's far better than insufferable Camille & despite it all, she genuinely has a thing for him.

I don't even want to rant about Marcel & Davina anymore. I just hope they die soon. And that human lady who seems to have taken a leaf out of Cami's book, How To Stupidly Threaten Supernatural Beings Who Can Kick Your Arse Blindfolded, can join them too.

So, yeah, this show is just brilliant & I hate how the ratings are dropping. Does anyone know if they picked up with this episode?  
More+
Flag
Elijah has said in this show that he only ever loved two women. We know from tvd that one of them was the dopelganger used to make Klaus's hybrid curse. The other, was Celese. By that logic, he didn't love Katherine. And he wasn't frightened because I think deep down he knew Klaus wasn't going to kill Rebekah. And how could he be scared of Finn and Kol dying when he wasn't even knowledgable of the situations regarding their death. He was nowhere near Mystic Falls during Kol's death and wasn't aware that Finn was in any danger. So, that scene actually made perfect sense based off of past episodes.
Flag
Maybe but I still think they're pushing their story too hard. I get fearing for the baby but in 1000 years, fearing losing Hayley, a woman he's known for a few months & IMHO hasn't shown much of a connection with, more than anything else is too much for me.

You're probably right about Katherine. The other doppelganger was Tatia, right? But I do think he cared about her.
Flag
Elijah cared about Katherine, but caring and loving is not the same. He *might* have loved her, but they never gotten to that point (someone remind me why they broke up again?)

I think the basic point is that Elijah simply exategrated. I mean, people constantly in life tell you stuff like this and they don't really think about it.

Classic example from Friends:
Rachel: "Ross, how could you do this, I have never been more upset with you like this in my life"
Ross: "What about the time I said we were on a break?"
Flag
Hahahaha, classic Friends. Ross always bringing up the "break" at the wrong time. :)
Flag
"Someone remind me why they broke up again?"

I may be wrong about this, but wasn't that because Elena "reminded" Elijah that all Katherine ever does is lie and manipulate people? Which made him realize that he didn't really know her? I'm not sure, because I believe that wasn't the last time they've met. But then again, when Kat came to torture Elena in 4x21, she wanted to know, what Elena had told Elijah to turn him against her..
Flag
I never really thought Elijah loved Katherine though and Katherine only ever really loved Stefan. He loved another Amara doppelganger back in the day and Katherine reminded him of her so he cared enough to figure out how to save her life (and keep her human) when Klaus broke the hybrid curse but then that was it until Season 4 of TVD that they hooked-up out of nowhere (because in Season 2 Katherine had him daggered and was fine with him being killed if it were possible so I don't think she had real feelings for him) and then Elijah quickly dumped Katherine for Hayley (who he had known for all of 10 minutes).
Flag
Yeah, I agree, you're right. Maybe not the kind of love compared to Tatia & Celeste but I do think he cared about her & Katherine, him. When she was dying, she hallucinated about him too. There was something.
Flag
I'm pretty sure Tatia isn't the doppelganger that Elijah loved. There was another one.
Flag
That was Damon messing with her head though - just like he showed her Jenna & John not her subconscious.
Flag
It's true that it was Damon's doing. But she said that she knew he would come. Meaning that she *wanted* him to come. She did feel something for him.
Flag
Oh, sorry, my mistake. But for him to pick Elijah & for her to react in the way she did makes me think that, while it may not have been love, they did care about each other.
Flag
You are right. He even said at the start of the originals to Hayley that he had only found true love twice, once was with the doppelganger and the other was Celeste. That statement alone told us he didn't love Katherine.
Flag
Oh man this episode. There were so many sweet moments that made me squeal with delight! The nursery scene, and overall growth of Klaus and Hayley's friendship/parenting relationship. THE KISS! It was everything I dreamed of and more.

Genevieve crying out to the spirits and asking them to spare the baby was heartbreaking. As were the father/son flashbacks between Klaus and Marcel.

Monique is bat shit crazy! Killing a pregnant lady via voodoo doll, damn! I'm excited about Michael (and hopefully Kol!) coming back. I always thought he was too good of a villain to kill off that early. Oh and anytime they mentioned Rebekah, my heart hurt.

Overall great episode! I read your interview with Charles and LOL'ed at the Bastiana joke. Sadly I don't think he reads your reviews/understands your mild obsession with her. I appreciated it though.
Flag
I really loved this episode!
I very much liked the scenes between Elijah, Klaus and Hayley, they're actually quite an interesting group to watch together and I'd like to see more of that.
I really loved when Hayley told Klaus that Mikael hadn't said anything that was true, that was such a lovely moment. I want to see a friendship build between these two characters. The fact that Klaus had put together a nursery for the baby made me very happy, it was just such a cute moment.
Cami was great this episode, I was invested in her story and Marcel was not annoying me so that was great. The flashback scenes with him and Klaus were so sweet but also sad since they're fighting now.
I like Genevieve and I would like to see her working with the Mikaelsons instead of with the ancestors because the ancestors are awful. Speaking of awful, I still hate Monique and I hope she dies.
I find that character of Mikael very interesting because for all he claims that Klaus isn't his son and that he's nothing to him, he's spent the last thousand years obsessed with him and has been spending his afterlife watching him. I'm starting to think that he sees in Klaus the weaknesses in himself rather than hating him for anything in particular he did. Although Mikael is horrible and I hate him, I love him at the same time and I actually would like to see him resurrected even though he's definitely one of the worst parents on TV and I can't see that changing any time soon.
This was a great episode and I'm looking forward to next week!
More+
Flag
I didn't read the whole review. I am to giddy to read it. Kudos to her. It was fantastic. From all the other Mikaelsons, she brought back Mikael. I was expecting Kol to come first. I even thought some werewolf brother-sister will come for Klaus or his birth father. I loved the parallel concept of the Klaus-Mikael to Klaus-Marcel to Klaus-baby.

I defenitly want Mikael to come back just not for few episodes but as regular. But I also don't want Klaus to suffer. I hate it when he cries, I cry too then.

Haley should die. I know it wont happen but I wish she would. I cant wait for the next episode.

Also what with the bitchy witch Monique being all bitchy to witch Davina. I hate her too but since they have come back Monique seems to forget that they were friends and she didn't want them to die. If we are bringing people back, can I request Sophie to come back and slap the bitch out of the witch.
Flag
There are 2 problems with bringing Kol back:
1) He moved on to the Supernatural spin off show
2) Julie Plec was constantly harassed by rabid fan boys who practically threatned her if she won't bring him back. I'm guessing that slightly pissed her to the point that even if she could do it - she won't.
Flag
I know, I just finished watching Bloodlines. I have some thoughts there as well.

I wasn't a fan of Kol in TVD but I do want more of the Original Family. But in moderate doses. Don't want in whole family in fnale.

I did read about her being harassed but she did say ( just picked up a line)
"Maybe one day you'll see Kol again when the story is right. Maybe not. I hope you'll keep watching anyway."
Flag
He could come back to life and just leave town, I doubt he would be interested in playing uncle to the baby anyway or in New Orleans power struggles. He could go travel with Rebecca and have a cameo whenever the actor ia available. Just seeing Kol once in a while would be enough for me, plus the possibility of becoming a regular should the SP spin-of sink.
Flag
Flag
Flag
And I'm assuming that was directed at his cameo in the recent episode.

But still, I think the odds of him comming back are slim. Kol isn't a scheming individual that could run his own show.

Klaus could run the city. So does Elijah or Rebekah. But not Kol.
He just seems like too much of a brute to do it, which makes him bad for this show. Even in TVD, he was only good as a messenger boy for Klaus to kill Scary Marry.
Flag
I loved this episode! So many sweet moments...Klaus/Marcel, Klaus/Haley, Haley/Elijah.

The one disappointment I had...I was expecting Kol to show up :( The Original family is really lacking on members right now.
Flag
Oh, and I forgot - I really hope now that the dumb SPN spin-off isn't picked up, because they now have the perfect way to bring Kol back! Which would be awesome.

Flag
The ratings were good, so I don't think so:/ What a waste.
Flag
I loved this episode. I think I was just mentioning in last week's episode review that I wanted more scenes between Klaus and Hayley, because I'd practically forgotten they were having a baby together. This episode fulfilled that and then some. I really enjoyed all the scenes between Klaus, Hayley, and Elijah. I also thought the nursery, btw, was hilariously creepy. Haylay was all like "Aww, I am touched," but I was all like "Oh god, creepy nursery is creepy!" But their baby will probably be kind of creepy anyway, so I guess it fits?

I also feel much more strongly about the conflict between Klaus and Marcel. I didn't care much before, it was like whatever, these two are so on-and-off again. But by the end of the episode, I found myself really wishing they could reconcile and learn to live together, because they are family and they neeeeed each other :D

I felt very bad for Genevieve, and it would be nice to see her manage to thwart the ancestors (read: Esther, because this is probably all her doing, now that she's one of them) and help Klaus and Hayley keep their baby alive. I seriously thought she was going to die right there when her eyes started bleeding.

I also think we will definitely be seeing Mikael, but I think I will be disappointed if it's because Davina decides to help him. I know Klaus has been absolutely awful to her and she has every reason to want him dead, but bringing back Mikael would be bad for Hayley and Elijah also, and really, what have they done to her? I know she feels like everyone was "using" her at one point, but Hayley and Elijah never really did anything bad to her. And I hope she's smart enough to realize that.

Anyway, very excited to see the last few episodes of the season!
More+
Flag
Elijah used her as well. He tricked Davina into un-linking Hayley from Sophie earlier in the season. I hope Davina does bring Mikael back - it would be the best revenge for her.
Flag
I guess I just don't get why she's so mad about that, though. I understand being upset that she was used, but it's not like Elijah tricked her into doing something really evil or something Davina objected to. Honestly, I just thought Elijah made a mistake in not just asking Davina to do the spell, because I'm sure she would have done it willingly. He used her, but he used her to save someone's life.

I'm just saying, if Davina willingly bring Mikael back knowing that he would probably hurt Elijah too, then that's sort of an overreaction to what Elijah did to her.
Flag
At least one good thing can come out from that TVD mess, bring back Kol and Mikael to The Originals, hell, bring back the entire family, we need more originals. Honestly I never though I would see TVD used as a plot device for another show.
Great episode IMHO, I'm probably one of the few people who loves Cami, I hope she stays on the show for awhile.
Flag
I didn't like Cami in the beginning and her character was just so all over the place (hating vampires one episode, being friendly with them in the next) that she wasn't working at all for me. I've started to like her in the last three episodes though - so I think she is finally starting to grow on me and if they can be consistent with this characterization of her I think I'll like her but if she goes and allies with the witches (who she hates as they hexed both her brother and her uncle and now they're both dead) or something than I think that will probably change.
Flag
You are not alone I love Cami too :) ! All she needed so far was a really good SL that got her more involved in NOLA's power struggles, etc and she got it. I hope she sticks around too :) !
Flag
Hayley/Elijah's relationship really annoys. It really makes no sense. How the hell did they fall in love so quick? What does he even know about her? All their scenes so far have been them just making goggly eyes at each other but there was no real progression into this relationship.
I have yet to see them once sit down and have an actual conversation and bond. It mainly just them almost kissing for no real reason. Now that they've finally kissed, I can't wait till this horrible pairing loses its appeal. There's no chemistry, every scene they have together is forced, "I've never been so scared in a 1000 years?" So wait a minute, Kol, Finn, and potentially Rebekah didn't scare you?

WTF. I swear the writers are trying to make this Hayley/Elijah thing some epic love story and I'm really not seeing any basis for this.

One an another note.

Cami is still boring. Marcel has daddy issues too. Genevieve is ok. Francesca and Monique need to die, and Klaus/ Hayley was the only scene with actual chemistry in this whole episode.

That is all.

Flag
Flag
Yes! Oh my god, it makes no sense to me either. I feel like they hardly even know each other. I definitely felt like there was more of a connection between Klaus and Hayley. I'm not a mushy person at all, but the scene between them in the baby's room definitely made me gush and smile.
Flag
Lol at the beginning of the season I was thinking the same thing about Elijah and Haley. I feel that Elijah deserves and epic love and Haley is not really that person for some reason. Maybe because the relationship with her and Klaus is going to make it complicated. But I do like Haley. I just feel that they could have Elijah fall in love with someone...better?
I wish Rebekah was still on the show because I really loved their relationship. That to me was fun to watch.
Flag
oh and I feel bad for Klaus because when he has a chance to prove himself Elijah is already there to move in should Klaus screw anything up...this time with Haley i feel that Elijah moved in maybe a little to fast?
Flag
Here's what the secret code said: "YOU'RE NOT CAROLINE".
Also I hate Monique with all the strenght of my mortal being. What's her deal? She doesnt even do stuff because she has a "plan", at the least the rest of the cast are sort of figthing for the kingdom of New Orleans. She's just a puppet who takes her 'ancesters' shit very serious.
Flag
Don't talk about Cami like that she is 10x better then that Caroline.
Flag
the only thing that slightly annoyed me was that elijah carried haley i just felt that klaus should cause its his child. i get that elijah and haley like each other and everything but its like when klaus caught haley that time when she collapsed it seemed to fit.
Flag
Recently I asked myselfe why I could enjoy every single minute of The Originals but not a single one of The Vampire Diaries... They even have the same plot lately! Well, answer was easy:

Klaus.
Flag
1) The oiginal cast has far more talent (acting - wise) than TVD.
2) TVD is recycling the same stupid plot devices that it has for 5 years in a row. While the originals will probably do the same in 5 years, at least now it's a bit fresher.
Flag
I hope Kole comes back, Fin can stay dead though
Flag
The Klaus/Hayley scene was the best part of the episode. "Nothing true" It was seriously great development on their part.

For some reason the Hayley/Elijah kiss just felt really awkward to me. Like it was very random and unnecessary. I didn't feel any chemistry between them. Also, hate it to say it but Elijah is a bad kisser. He opens his mouth too much:( Oh well.
Flag
OMG, I just noticed that already 20 episodes aired. It felt like five!
Flag
Great episode, so entertaining. I don't really understand why Mikael hates Klaus so much. Esther cheated on Mikael. This is hardly Klaus' fault.
Flag
You won't believe how common this thing is in books\movie\tv and worst of all - real life. Abusive parents take their rage on kids all the time for reasons that have nothing to do with any logic or sanity.
Flag
Klaus is basically the evidence that Esther cheated on him. Mikael also hates werewolves - his youngest child was mauled to death by a werewolf (and as I recall Klaus was there for the incident and lived but his brother died) and he therefore asked Esther to turn them into vampires so they'd become superior to the werewolves.
Flag
Abusive parents are crazy like that. Ruining a child's life for no good reason at all. Not that there is ever a good reason to do that.
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members