A The Originals Community
Thursday 9:00 PM on The CW

The Originals S01E21: "The Battle of New Orleans"

The supernatural genre is what we thoughtful TV academics call 'hella versatile.' No other genre could support such a mix of horror, comedy, melodrama, science, nature, mysticism, beefcake, gore, or boundary-pushing storytelling. Sure, there are cheap thrills to be had whenever sexually active monsters get mashed-up together in tight quarters, but if an audience can suspend enough disbelief to accept that monsters exist at all, then it's open-minded enough to embrace more sophisticated, twisty, or surprising storytelling. The Originals, of course, is exactly the kind of smorgasbord I'm talking about. This show has EVERYTHING. But if I have one complaint, one thing that I always wish it had more of, it would be street fights. The Originals rarely if ever has street fights, and as a former professional street fighter, I would like to see street fighting get more recognition and representation on network television. But oh my word did "The Battle of New Orleans" feature a good street fight. Not only that, but a straight-up BRAWL, too. Plus tons of other twists, turns, shocks, and surprises that you'd expect from a penultimate episode. This was what the French call a real holy sh** of an episode, pardon my French.

The cold open involved Oliver and Jackson driving home from picking up a few witch supplies, only to get pulled over by the police and then abducted by Marcel. First of all, how weird was it to see characters on The Originals driving a car? Nobody ever drives a car on this show! Part of that is because it takes place in the French Quarter and nobody drives in that neighborhood. Now that I think about it, there should be way more dramatic conversations that happen on antique trolley cars. Anyway, Marcel wanted to know what was up with the werewolves, so he and Diego punched Oliver and Jackson's faces so much until they spilled the beans. I don't mean their faces spilled the beans, that would be disgusting, I meant it as a metaphor for 'giving up secrets.' But when Klaus noticed that they'd gone missing, he bit Josh's neck to poison him and Josh had to spill the beans about where Marcel's secret lair was. There was so much spilling of beans going on basically, but it led to Klaus and Elijah finding Jackson tied up and surrounded by dynamite, but don't worry, they saved him before the building blew up. Whew! And by the way, this was all just in the first ten minutes or so.

Most of the episode's stresses revolved around the moon rings that Klaus wanted to give all the werewolves. Genevieve had agreed to help make them, and in a very promising twist, she used a spell on the rings (well, rocks) that would also increase all the werewolves' super powers, thus giving the werewolves the kind of power upgrade that the witches had been given on this show. But just because Genevieve had seemed pretty chill and reasonable in the last episode didn't mean that was still true: She double crossed Klaus and gave all the enchanted stones to Francesca Correa and her family! The reason this is significant is because, as Cami discovered in her newly uncovered secret exposition room (as located via her brother's secret code), the Correas weren't human at all, they were werewolves! They were a line of werewolves that Marcel had supposedly genocided back in the day and once they got their little enchanted stones, they each murdered their secret service agents (?), activated their werewolf curses, and immediately wolfed out and started biting everybody. It was a cool reveal, if slightly disappointing in that I sort of dug that the human faction had seemed like a powerful mafia family. I mean I guess they still are, they're just werewolves now. Oh well, better luck next time, humans.

While that was all going down, Marcel had rallied basically all the vampires to put a stop to Klaus' werewolf-enhancement schemes, and that brought us to the amazing street fight and courtyard brawl. Elijah single-handedly punched like a thousand vampires! The whole thing was so brutal that blood sprayed everywhere and the courtyard fountain ran red. Meanwhile out in the streets Klaus and Marcel enjoyed a street fight like something out of Super Street Fighter II Turbo. Jump-punches, body blows, kick slaps, all the hottest moves!  No upside down spinning bird kicks or hadoukens, but maybe they're saving that stuff for Season 2. Of course Klaus came out on top, he is immortal and invincible and he seemed very ready to just murder Marcel right then and there. But then something weird happened: He started bleeding all over and couldn't get it together! As it turned out, this was another Genevieve double-cross. Whenever the enchanted rocks were being used (in this case, by the Correa family), they siphoned off all his monster strength. Because oh yeah, at this point the Correas were running around biting ALL of the vampires. Diego, mohawk lady, all of them. It was very awesome to see werewolves being scary again, and for a second I felt so bad for the vampires, especially when Elijah ran into the courtyard to find a thousand vampires writhing around on the ground with bloody necks and poison coursing through their veins. I'm guessing the smell was pretty terrible also.

Scariest of all, during the melee Hayley had been kidnapped! This was part of the deal Genevieve had made with Francesca: In exchange for the stones Genevieve was able to spirit Hayley away and murder her baby. Last thing we knew Hayley was being dragged screaming through the church while Monique and Genevieve were holding her down and inducing birth. Hayley screamed this primordial scream that, across town, a helpless Klaus heard and screamed back in agony. I don't know if that's a werewolf distress signal or what, but it was CHILLING and straight-up heartbreaking. And as a viewer it was especially powerful to see Klaus drained of power and totally helpless for the time being. Obviously the full moon was going to go away and he'd regain his strength and start ripping out some werewolf hearts, but just seeing him incapacitated during Hayley's time of need was very wrenching, guys, I don't know what to tell you.

Oh, and since Josh was still dying of Klaus' werewolf bite, it was looking like Davina had no choice but to give in to Ghost Mikael's wishes and resurrect him so that he could murderize Klaus. Because frankly, Davina had HAD IT. I mean, that's what it seemed like after the last scene, that Davina wanted Klaus dead and Mikael seemed to be promising as much. We'll see what happens! All I know for sure is that Klaus is going to be a very busy bee when he has to bleed into all the vampires' mouths to cure them--assuming he can even get to them before they all start running around like hungry maniacs. Something tells me New Orleans is about to become way less fun than usual.

"The Battle of New Orleans" was exactly what you'd expect from a penultimate episode except maybe 200% more awesome. All the characters had fun things to do--even Cami with her secret room and, one hopes, unlimited knowledge of future plot points, and Oliver who cemented his alliance with Francesca while his shirt struggled to get away. I still don't believe that Hayley's baby will be harmed, but it suddenly occurs to me that it might go missing before Season 2. How horrible would that be? This episode was just a very good, action-packed episode and I'm legit beside myself with excitement for the finale. We probably shouldn't expect the same amount of street fighting, but at this point it doesn't matter. The Originals has more than earned our trust. Bring it on, show!

QUESTIONS

... So Genevieve probably has to die now, right?

... Francesca is such a compelling character, right?

... Wasn't it so weird seeing Josh hang out in the daytime?

... Did Davina ever clean up that glass she threw across the room? Why or why not?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 5/20/2016

Season 3 : Episode 22

414 Comments
Comments (414)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
I have a very odd feeling that Hayley will be the one to die wilst Elijah and Klaus raise the baby.
Flag
These witches really need to stop with all this blood sacrifice nonsense...and they wonder why the humans burned them at the stake. At least Klaus doesn't go around nibbling on peoples babies...well none that we've seen.
Flag
I'm getting hella sick of these witches and their crazy infant sacrifice schemes. Girls need to have a spa day or something and just chill out.
Flag
I have a three word suggestion that will make everyone enjoy the Originals even more than we already do: DON'T KILL JOSH. Does anyone disagree with those three words?
Flag
Is anyone reminded of Xander with Jason....Yay :)
Flag
I think in the last moment of the season finale, vampire mowhawk girl speaks a line!!
Flag
I wish she would but didn't she die :( ?
Flag
BTW I loved Marcel's speech rallying the troops!Charles Micheal Davis ROCKS at those! Do you think it was a style choice to have him dressed exactly like how Klaus always dresses? With the purposely rumpled Leather bad ass jacket?
Flag
Does Joseph Morgan have graying temples? Or is that just the light on his hair? Not judging, I have a few grays, and I am younger than he is. Just wondering if I'm seeing that on him or not.
Flag
Yes I've noticed that with Daniel Gillies a lot of times...I think it's one of their lighting glitches
Flag
I really don't like Oliver at all. Nor do I find him handsome in the slightest. The guy playing him is not a good actor and his fake and exaggerated southern accent is atrocious.

Also, that Nirvana remark (as funny as it was) was an insult to Kurt Cobain.
Flag
So, I wonder how Cami's thesis is coming?
Seriously, I've dropped out of college more than once just because family members died-or I was just not emotionally feeling it at the time. I can't imagine how difficult it would be to just go to grad school while tending bar and living in New Orleans! The temptation to do nothing but drink twenty four seven would be bad enough, but if my uncle turned into a vampire, kicked the shit out of me and died,AFTER I found out vampires, witches, werewolves, and odd combinations of those things actually existed and that I was destined to be the leader of the remaining twelve human beings in town, I'd be like, "LATER SCHOOL!!"
Flag
She has to publish Klaus' biography first ;) !
Flag
OMG yes! Lol
I totally forgot about that. Yes, I'd love to read that one day but only if it's published under the title
"The Crazy Ramblings of a 1000 Year Old Vampire/Werewolf Hybrid/Teen Hunk". ;-)
Flag
"The Crazy Ramblings of a 1000 Year Old Vampire/Werewolf Hybrid/Teen Hunk" ?
LOL!! if this one is not a best-seller with that title, I'm going to be really disappointed !!

Flag
MirelaPilipo : Who doesn't ;) ?
Flag
LOL
I want a copy right now!
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
You think Klaus is a teen!? I always wondered how old he and Elijah were when they turned. I mean, he has a young looking face, but I still think he probably turned when he was in his -twenties maybe? and Elijah maybe late twenties or thrity? This is based on TV logic, where everyone who is in high school looks like they are in their twenties. But despite their semi youthful faces, Klaus and Elijah always seem like they are like 35 to me. (which I think the actors actually are)
Flag
Oh yeah, no doubt the actors are not teen in any sense of the word.
Joseph (Klaus) is 32 and Daniel (Elijah) is 38!!!!

Stephan Salvatore was turned when he was 17 the actor who plays him is 31. LOL

But I remember that flashback episode on TVD where they showed how/when The Originals were turned and I'm betting since Klaus is the "baby" of the family that he was turned in his teens (19 at the most) and Elijah in his early 20's.

But yeah, that was a very sarcastic comment regarding the book title. Although I'd love to read it. ;-)
Flag
LOL
So true! I laugh everytime any of these characters (on TVD and TO) bring up school, college or even work! Like your lives are nightmares and you're barely keeping yourself alive on a daily basis and you're concerned about biology class?? Yeah right....nice try show!
Flag
The witches actually weren't inducing Hayley's labor in the church -- just trying to keep her subdued and from trying to get away.

Genevieve explained that she had needed to subdue Hayley -- that spell she laid on her when she gave the stones to Francesca -- and that in doing so Hayley's placenta had been damaged and sent her into labor.

This was in that exchange with Monique where Monique was asking why they were taking Hayley into the church, shouldn't they take her back to their quarters.
Flag
ok that was a g8 episode....but...once more they have klaus just right where they want him...just rip his head off and all the vampires will die..simple as that...OR don't put him in that position where he is helpless...i just don't get it!!!!you want to get rid of the vamps...the easiest way is by killin an original! the original..and it's the second time in this season that witches have klaus on thier hands...cut his damn head off!!!!!!!
Flag
Uummm.....I think you have your shows mixed up. This isn't Supernatural. Cutting off an Originals head will not kill them. A white oak stake to the heart is the only thing that can kill an original. Unless ofcourse the writers choose to retcon that too. With Mikael not bringing up "the white oak" but instead telling Davina that only he has "the power" to destroy Klaus, I wouldn't be surprised if the white oak thing becomes redundant.

But I get what you're saying with the show is constantly bringing Klaus to his knees and making him powerless. They're obviously trying to make the witches a serious threat but in doing so they've weakened the originals and they're indestructibility.
Flag
Ripping off Klaus's head won't kill him, even in a weakened state. It has been stated many times on both shows that only the white oak stake will kill Klaus.
Flag
ripping his head off will totaly finish him!!! there is no question about that...the only problem is that there is no way to get close enough to that!!!but now they can , but they don't do it!!! i know the story about the oak stake...but there is no way that he could be walking headless in the streets of new orleans...lol!!!so cut his damn head off...or as i said b4 don't make him that weak...cause it's ridiculous...
Flag
They can't kill Klaus for exactly the reason you stated. He's an Original. They can only weaken him or make him suffer.
Flag
...that's what i'm saying...when he is weak...and can't do sh!t..cut his head off... when genevieve had him on her table ,and he couldnt move,u want to tell me that she couldn't cut his head?com'on!!! instead she chose to let him go and let klaus deal with his sister....what was that????as far as i've seen witches are way stronger than vamps..even from klaus! if they don't want to kill him the writers dont need to make him seem so weak!!!otherwise it's ridiculous to put him in this position and not finish him off...
Flag
You're missing the part where they can't kill him, only make him suffer. He's basically immortal so he can feel pain and suffering. ONLY the white oak stake can kill him. They might introduce a new loop hole now that Michael seems to be returning... but either way, cutting his head of won't work.
They can and are trying to get him out of the way by making him weak though.
Flag
u can't kill him with a simple stake...but remember when stefan was about to take his heart out of his body?but he did't cause someone stoped him!!!(don't remember exactly) u can't kill him cause there is no way to win in a one on one kombat!!!!he can't be killed by magic...BUT you surelly can cut his head!!!!!simple as that!!!think about that and u'll see that i'm right!
Flag
Is it painfully clear to anyone else that Hayley will die, but will have vampire blood in her veins, and be re-born a hybrid? Because I feel this is almost certainly what's going to happen....
Flag
I hope not.

I remember in Season 4 of TVD she told Klaus that she would rather be dead than be a hybrid so he could go ahead and kill her if he wanted to. So to turn her into a vampire now would be a horrific writing choice.
Flag
well now she has something to live fr so she might have a change of heart on the subject. im pretty sure she would take being a hybrid over abandoning her child to the sole care of klaus.
Flag

1. I'm pretty sure the NOLA Witches will be decimated before Eli is done with them.

2. NO. If Klaus doesn't get her I'm pretty sure Eli

3. Josh is always awesome.
... Did Davina ever clean up that glass she threw across the room? Why or why not?
Flag
I'm sorry it took so long to catch up with this episode, because OH MY GOD! Firstly, I'm still laughing at the Guerrera family "lawyers" murdering and cannibalizing montage. Those suits, though. But, Elijah wore that blood collar like a baller. And what's that saying about doing the same thing, but expecting different results? Marcel really needs to re-watch season one and get a new shtick. And as much as I love Josh, I did find it funny that Klaus straight up forgot about him.

"Stay calm." Says the kinapper to the werewolf in labor. Haha amazing!

Francesca, or at least the actress never did anything for me, she's too dead behind the eyes, but the wolf reveal did get me to care about the stakes a little more. Humans really don't have any business being a "threat" to anyone on this show.

Flag
I had the same problem with Marcel's strategy. He already planned and attacked an Original early in this season. The 1st time, it was weird how he was actually believing he would win when he had no weapons and no witches to help him out. Gosh, he didn't even bother to take some wolfsbane, for crying out loud! Just some chains, which might or might not be soaked in vervain or wolfsbane...

And this ep., here he goes again! No weapons, no witches... Even the gang in MF uses stakes, vervain and wolfsbane grenades, wooden bullet guns, bombs etc. Unless he was really planning it to be a suicidal mission, it was beyond me why he didn't even bother to take some wolfsbane, vervain and a few stakes.

I know Originals can't be killed, but they can be incapacitated for a little while (the Salvatores and Elena did it with Elijah once in season 2), so they would have the time they needed to complete their mission: burn the book spell and kill Genevieve.

"Stay calm." Says the kinapper to the werewolf in labor.
So LOL! And you forgot the best part: the kidnapper who intends to sacrifice the werewolf's baby that's about to be born in a creepy ritual!

I didn't care about Francesca much but I loved the plot twist, really stepped up the her game for me! Now I'm so interested to see her next move!
More +
Flag
Yeah the show really needs to figure out what to do with Marcel. He's a half-baked character who is constantly being used as a plot-coupon for fights and the stupid "turf war" plotline which: lame and old but mainly lame.
IMHO, he would be so much more interesting if he (and his Vampire extras) sided with Klaus and Co.
Flag
Two theories for what will happen to the baby:
1. It will be kidnapped by someone and not be seen until later into the episode
2. it will remain with Hayley but Hayley will choose team werewolf to live with

Also, I wonder if the baby's grandmother will come to see her.
Flag
I am expecting a Mikaelson reunion soon
Flag
I definitely agree that I was slightly disappointed that the ONE character on the show who was human and really didn't need to be a supernatural...ended up being one. Still cool, but it was fun to see someone so tough and confident and capable of handling her shit without needing powers.
Flag
I disagree. Every time she was talking so tough, I was just rolling my eyes. It's just embarrassing for a human to act that way around all these supernaturals who can literally rip their heads off with one hand. Now I see where her overconfidence came from. On the other hand, I do like having a human faction, but they just have to make the humans smart rather than threatening. 'Cause they're just not threatening. But they still outnumber the supernaturals and have importance as a group. Father Kieran was great.
Flag
Well, the werewolf secret did explain Francesca's behavior. She was aggressive from the get-go --- a bitch/dick like Tyler Lockwood and his Dad. That's something that in TVD they said was a werewolf trait and apparent even if the person hadn't killed someone to activate their wolf.

Hayley's clan must be different because while Hayley is strong she's not aggressive like Francesca and her cousin, the one killed by Oliver, was gentle.

Cami is the human faction now. She was wise not to tell Marcel what she was up to.
Flag
Lol you forgot about Cami.
Flag
I do wish that they turned out to be human (not that it sucks that they are wolves because that was a good twist, guererra ones at that). Was nice seeing some human characters that weren't weak. And Josh should probably have left the moment he got that daylight ring. Seems like Klaus just loves killing/threatening Davina's friends. First Tim and now it looks like Josh. I hope she doesn't trust Mikael however. If Klaus dies then she doesn't realize (or know) that Josh, Marcel, and every vampire that Klaus ever created will die as well.
Flag
Michael can't kill Klaus now anyway. Back in the day he had the white oak stake. Maybe he just plans to torture him endlessly.
Flag
Tonight's the penultimate ep of TVD.. will it be remotely on the level with "The Battle of New Orleans?" Prb not..but here's hoping..
Flag
Not currently relevant, but when you think about marcel and Rebecca in the context of klaus considers himself to be Marcel's father, you can totally understand his not wanting them together. His sister dating his son. Very awkward.
Flag
Yeah I always look at Klaus/Marcel relationship as father/son and I think that's what the writers are still going for. That's why Klaus can't bring himself to kill Marcel. I mean he's had X amount of reasons and opportunities. If it was anyone else, they'd be dead a long time ago.
So regardless of their constant power-struggle games, I think there's a lot of love between those two. Also Klaus clearly wants to be a better man then his father (Mikael).
Flag
Very relevant. It was creepy that Rebekah watched him grow-up (remember her checking him out as a young boy with his shirt off fencing???). But Klaus always had a problem with Rebekah having a boyfriend, he daggered her after she fell in love with Stefan & killed her Hunter boyfriend.
Flag
He daggered her because she wanted to go running into a bar that Mikael was in to retrieve Stefan (who Klaus had just compelled to forget them a few minutes earlier). Klaus likes Stefan and didn't have a problem with them dating in the 1920s or when they hooked up in Season 4.

As for Alexander - the guy daggered Rebekah and the other four hunters daggered Elijah, Finn, Kol & Klaus in their sleep. Klaus was unaffected by the daggers and killed the hunters (who had just killed them all). Obviously Alexander didn't love Rebekah because he killed her and probably planned to dump their bodies at the bottom of the sea.
Flag
Yeah Rebekah had a thing for guys that were bad for her (Alexander) or couldn't reciprocate the love she had for them (eg, Stefan).
Marcel who claimed he loved her ended up choosing his city over her. And even Matt Donovan (who was probably her best choice) ended up just wanting her for a good-time instead of a girlfriend/love interest.
But this fits with Rebekah's upbringing and the years of abuse she suffered from Klaus and her father. She never had a good male figure in her life so she never learned.

Which is why that ending of her leaving to explore the world and find herself was perfect for her character arc. And probably the smartest thing that any character on both TVD and TO ever did. Just get the hell out of dodge and the toxicity of the people you're surrounded by.
Flag
Two questions: 1. If the werewolf spell is dependent on him not turning on a full moon, can't he just turn and the rings are rendered useless?
2. In season two of vampire diaries, Elijah said when klaus turns he is weak enough that he could be killed, is that still true and relevant?
Flag
1. I think Gen modified the spell so that the rings will draw on Klaus. Esther didn't have a hybrid when she created the original ring. Now the Gerrera's can turn whenever they want and draw on Klaus to do it.

2. I think it was just the trauma from the spell that broke the curse more than a recurring weakness for Klaus.
Flag
Elijah said he would only be weak enough right when he broke the curse that he couldn't be killed afterwards - not every time he turns into a wolf (which he hasn't done since that one time at end of TVD Season 2).
Flag
And he barely turned lol
Flag
1. he can turn if he wants
2. We've barely seen Klaus turn so who knows
Flag
I'm glad they finally found a way to weaken Klaus in such a plot-twisting way! With Mikael coming back it's even more promising!

Klaus to Marcel: "You put Rebekah against me!" Eeeehhhmmm... ok Klaus, whatever makes you sleep at night.

The Guerreras are scary, I'm just sorry they came a bit out of the blue, I would have wanted some more exposition about them to really feel the twist. I felt Francesca was still pretty new to the whole ensemble...

Love Genevieve more and more so of course she's gonna die. And the Harvest is still a key point in this world, it's going to happen.

Josh is awesome and I want more of him and Davina!

Flag
I liked that though she has four brothers Francesca is obviously the one in charge.
Flag
Josh and Davina need more friends the poor kids!
Flag
At least they have each other!
Flag
Hmm will the baby have to kill someone to trigger it's werewolf side?
Flag
The baby could easily never trigger the curse. Klaus only triggered his werewolf gene because he was turned into a vampire and ate someone (we got a flashback to it in 1x01) - he never killed anyone when he was mortal. Hayley told Tyler she was in a drunken boating accident and killed someone back in 4x07 and that's how she triggered her wolf gene. Mason & Tyler Lockwood triggered theirs because Katherine had compelled someone to kill them so they killed in self-defense.

It does seem like the Crescent wolves go around killing innocent people in order to trigger their curse (aside from Eve) and we saw the Guerra werewolves kill people in this episode to trigger their wolf genes but that doesn't mean that Klaus & Hayley would encourage their child to trigger the curse.
Flag
Do you expect her not to?
Flag
It will really be dependent on what happens. I can see the child playing a pivotal role in the series but when this show reaches season 5 the kid would be 4 and I think Eli and Hailey would really encourage not to kill. I really don't want to see her kill. Not sure about Klaus though. This child has the potential to give him a family but no until she becomes a Hybrid.
Flag
Silly, silly, silly Davina... I wish someone would explain to her that if she resurrects Mikeal & he kills Klaus, her precious Josh would be dead. Her precious Marcel would be dead. Apparently, all of the vampires in NOLA would be dead (how many do you think are directly related to Elijah/Rebekah??) Elijah is a man of honor & Rebekah only turned people for love & all of the vamps turned by Kol & Finn are dead, so that leaves just Klaus. It is tiring to see Davina get played & used by so many powerful men. What I am hoping for is Ester starts to protect her from the Other Side since she has the ability to be as powerful of a witch as she was.
Flag
AGreed for the most part. But I don't think Davina is silly she just doesn't know. Marcel didn't know and hes what three hundred years old. Josh chooses not to tell her. That is why I thought he had a thing for her self sacrifice and all.
Flag
Of course she doesn't know that... sometimes I forget it too
Flag
Davina really brings in herself sometimes though. She should have taken her own advice. She told Josh to get out of town and stay out of things but she failed to take her own advice and do that herself and instead she chose to align herself with Marcel. Davina could have chosen to try and stay out of what was going - because there's no real reason she has to get involved at all in a vampire-werewolf turf war.
Flag
She is still young, and unexperienced, here getting out of town is not as easy as it sounds, the witches will look for her, the vamps, the orignals wont let that happend, plus she is too young and dumb to be on her own.
Flag
She doesn't have to leave town but she could have told Marcel that she's no longer going to help him (and be involved in all this) and to leave her alone. She chose to ally herself with Marcel and get involved.
Flag
Marcel treated her like his own child at a time when she had just lost her mother and the witches (her extended family) wanted her to die in the Harvest ritual.

She loves Marcel and he loves her. So, it wasn't as simple as him just using her to consolidate his power or her deciding to remain unaligned.
Flag
You bring up an excellent point about most of the vampires have to be related to Klaus. And Mikael knows this...

Silly question.. did killing Mikael kill a bloodline? Or is it just kids..which makes no sense whatsoever but ok lol.... Will resurrecting Mikael...resurrect other vampires. Would bringing back Kol (I'm sorry.. I'm delusional..because that Supernatural spinoff is horrid. And let's not waste a good time with KOL)... bring back another line of vampires..
Flag
Mikael and Esther hate vampirism and consider it a mistake and an abomination. They would gladly have all of the vampires die.
Flag
I don't think killing Mikael killed his bloodline? In TVD season 3, when Esther came back she did a linking spell on her children, so that killing one kills all the children. Mikael died before Esther came back. When Klaus took Bonnie and ordered her to do a spell to un-link him and his siblings I'm assuming the spell she did somehow, someway made the Originals link to their bloodline, so killing an Original killed all vampires - or in Klaus' case, hybrids - in his/her bloodline. Seeing as Mikael died before Esther was resurrected, I'm assuming it doesn't apply.

BTW, totally hoping they find a way to bring great characters (Alaric, Lexi, Enzo, Kol, & whoever else) back. They can put Kol on The Originals since Rebekah isn't around. Now that would be cool. Here's hoping *crosses fingers*
Flag
I don't think Bonnie's unlinking spell is what caused the bloodlines to be linked. Man that was a complicated sentence. I think it's always been that way. And they didn't find that out until Finn died.... And man they must've not liked the actor because you NEVER see him lol.

I would love Kol to come back. I think the show needs 3 Originals. Sounds kinda dumb to have only 2 lol.

TVD problem... if Davina can bring back Mikael from the other side...then certainly Bonnie can bring back Stefan. Or rather Liv.. or some other witch can. Bonnie's not a witch anymore technically.
Flag
I wondered the same thing. Mikael was killed off before we found out that according to TVD mythology, once an Original vampire is killed, all vampires they sired died as well. Given Mikael's disgust/hatred of vampires (he was a vampire hunter after all) I don't think he would have turned many people. One thing I loved about Season 1& 2 of TVD was how beautifully the mythology was woven & how the story-line, plots, characters could always be traced to back to an origin. Here is hoping TO will do the same!
Flag
Ok does Davina really not know that killing an original kills an entire bloodline? It's stupid of her for wanting to kill Klaus...it's the main reason why he's never died on TVD. Klaus is a necessary evil to keep all the characters around. Until she magically finds away to sever those lines...oooh ahhh... :)
Flag
SHe doesn't know. Josh never told her. I think its really a big secret. if it leaked out to the wolves and the witches that you can end the vampire race if you kill Klaus and Elijah I'm sure someone would have tried by now. REALLY, SERIOUSLY TRIED.
Flag
wow that was very intense with so many twists.
So Ellijah too can beat 100+ vampires, i just loved it. how good it must feel to be an Original I want to see Rebekah do the same

Flag
Such a good episode!! Everything in it was just perfect. Even Marcel didn't annoy me as much. I felt he actually came up with good plans (sort of) this week. Plus him shipping Oliver with a welding torch had him in my good books again. What can I say? I'm girl of simple taste. I feel for Jackson though, the poor guy appears to be a magnet for bombs lately. Also I can't resist good street fights either and Marcel's minions (cannon fodder) provided good ones.
I'm glad that Cami could play her "Sherlock Holmes" card this ep. I'm very much into this "chamber of secrets" 's SL that she has.
Speaking of, I have a question. Does the Chamber of Secrets contain the secret magical weapon Francesca was after or is the information that it has the actual weapon? Not sure I'm being clear. Anyway, with Francesca being who she is, I guess Cami is now the leader of the human faction? Even if I like the idea, it looks like she has noone to lead and I very much enjoyed this particular faction being gangsters. Well, whatever, I'll stop complaining and enjoy it ;)! Hope we get to see more actual humans in the future, though. This one faction needs to grow more, in my opinion.
Loved seing Klaus and Elijah teaming up. Their banter was a lot of fun. Klaus even at his worst, made me root for him. Joseph Morgan is magical, I guess. Elijah taking on a whole vampire army all by himself, was awesome!
Hayley was great in this episode but I would have loved her to pick up her DAMN phone when Cami called. Her last scene was very poignant (kudos to Phoebe Tonkin). It made me hate the witches' guts, especially Monique's, even more.
The 'howling' (Hayley's and Klaus's) in the end was as powerful as it was heartwrenching :( !
Can't wait for next week!

To answer your questions :
1/ I think Geneviève (who I very much love now) was doomed from the start tbh. I never thought she would survive the season actually. This Harvest ritual has to be completed for the witches' power to be restored. So whatever she does (kill the baby or not) the ancestors will want her dead anyway. Plus, now she pretty much pissed everyone in the Quarter. She's probably first on the Originals' sh*tlist, whatever happens.
The only plot-twist I can think of, is that she probably managed to get some vampire blood. Geneviève is a clever woman and a survivor, so I wouldn't be surprised if she thought of that. Not sure I'm a fan of this idea. As much as I love her (she's such a powerful antagonist), I'd like to be sort of moved by someone's death again and also I really want it to matter. Death in TVD has been a joke lately. I'd like the show not to repeat its 'big sister's' same 'mistakes'.

2/ Francesca is the most compelling character/villain/(actress) that has been introduced in the TVD/TO Universe in a while. Hope she sticks around and cause some major mayhem. Also, she's devious, manipulative, clever and boy does she know how to dress and hatch a perfect evil plan! If she wasn't one of the new obvious "big bads" that has to be defeated next season, she would make a magnificient queen for the Quarter. Yup, I'm officially in love.

3/ Well I guess it was weird to some extent. But seeing him hitting on some random guy in the street and sunbathing before Davina and Klaus killed his buzz was also a breath of fresh air in a very dark episode. Love Josh!!

4/ I don't know... I don't think she did. But in fairness, if my best friend had been poisoned by an angry hybrid, and also if Mikael had been creeping on me for quite some time, cleaning up the glass would have been the least of my worries too :) !
Speaking of her, does anyone else regrets her being constantly manipulated and used by others? I still love her but I feel like it has to change in season 2, I hope she doesn't stay in the other witches shadow. It's already been established that she can be a fierce and independant character when she's allowed to. Hopefully we get to see more of that, in the future.
More+
Flag
The ancestors want to use the baby to complete the Harvest. They were going to kill Genevieve if she didn't agree to kill the baby last week. Although if she does kill the baby she'll probably wind up dead anyway at the hand of an Original so it seems like a lose-lose situation and she'll be dead either way.

I really thought that after 1x10 Davina was going to stop allowing herself to be used and I'm disappointed that hasn't happened because I don't want to see her end up like Bonnie over on TVD where she becomes a doormat. She finally realized that Marcel had been using her and that neither Klaus or Elijah were on her side (but yet failed to see Rebekah was manipulating her and wanted to use her - the same as Marcel). Not that long ago (after she'd been resurrected) she realized that Cami wanted her to cure Kieran and Marcel wanted to go back to using her and told them off so I was hoping she'd have learned from the past and was going to stop allowing others to manipulate and use her. Josh is really the only person who never asked Davina for anything and is genuinely her friend - he didn't befriend her in hopes of getting a daylight ring and never asked her to make one.
More +
Flag
Even Josh did manipilate her into doing magic, because Marcel asked him to do so, he hated doing it but he did.
Flag
Oh ok, thanks for clarifying the "Geneviève vs. baby" situation ;) !
As for Davina, I totally agree. I'm disappointed too and I would've loved her to become a little more paranoid (lol) when it comes to making alliances with others. Seing her being controlled by pretty much everyone is kinda repetitive.
That's a shame! We had a really good, fleshed out character at the beginning of the season and, like you, I do worry the writers are only gonna use her as a plot device/deus ex machina in the future. That being said, her being frightened because of the ancestors, then being terrorized by Klaus and Mikael is understandable, at this point, I guess. But I just don't want this situation to last. She, along with some other characters, need to learn from their past mistakes otherwise, it will be hard to keep rooting for her/them.
Finger crossed, we get to see more of that in season 2 ;) !
Flag
What the hell is this show doing to me. It was such a dynamic episode I loved it. Poor klaus and Elijah, Haley needs to kill Genevieve and well Francesca is something else she's a freeking warewolf I wasn't expecting that at all, like a new she was a cold bitch but a wolf I've got mixed feeling whether I want her to die. That battle was so cool go elijah
Flag
i'm new to this supernatural genre, so i have a question - how is that elijah can take on an entire vampire army but falls to two sidekick wolfs?

something like this happened in the early episodes when rebecca was cornered and captured by wolves

and if the wolves are so powerful why have the vampires been lording over them till now?

a little confused esp abt the originals part. aren't they all powerful?
Flag
All of this was explained when they were first introduced on vampire diaries.
The originals can only be killed by a stake of wood from a certain tree, so they are pretty invincible (although the ghost dad is intent on murder and I'm intrigued to see where he gets one). Wolf venom kills a vampire with 24 hours, and the death is slow and fevery with lots of hallucinations (RIP Rose!). The originals still go through all of the side effects of the venom, except death. In an earlier episode Elijah was bitten by Klaus and he just had to ride out the trip in the bayou. Klaus was originally a secret half werewolf, a product of his mother's affair, when he was turned into a vampire, hence why he is an original hybrid vampire/werewolf and why his (step)father hates him! Klaus' blood can cure a vampire of a werewolf bite (ah, Caroline! If you like this show you should invest in some vampire diaries!)
The wolves had been driven out and supposedly wiped clean, and the others left in the bayou were cursed to stay in wolf form.
Flag
thank you. this explains a lot. i haven't watched the vampire diaries so all the finer points i dont get.

just one more ques pls - vampires die of werewolf bites but they can still fight them? right? just snap their heads off before they get a taste of you.
bec the way the vampires turned tail and ran, without putting u a fight seemed strange. wasn't marcel's sidekick taunting the hayley's werewolfs at the peace party? they didn't seem scared then
Flag
Generally, yes, Vampires are stronger and can more easily kill a werewolf. During the full moon the werewolves are a lot more dangerous (stronger etc) so it is better for the vamps to turn tail and run :-) Also keep in mind that these particular wolves now have moon rings that make them super powerful (basically much more superior to the Vampires)
Flag
Yup vamps can still fight the wolves. When it's full moon the wolves are more powerful than normal vamps, and their bite becomes lethal to them. On any other day, they are not a threat to vamps physically. Which is why the wolves are trying to get hold of the Moonlight Ring, so that they get the amplified strength & speed, and venomous bite even when there's no full moon.

Regarding the party, Diego (Marcel's sidekick) dared to taunt Ollie (Jackson's sidekick) because he knows he got the upper hand at the time.

^Correct me if I'm wrong.
Flag
see, I didn't realize that they were only venomous on the full moon, I thought they always were! Guess a good ole VD catch up marathon is in order :)
Flag
Nope, no corrections. You are correct.

Wolves have the upper hand 1 day a month only. The rest of the time they are the lowest of the lowest on the food chain.

The hybrids (including Klaus, Tyler and the baby) are an exception though, they have the venom 24\7
Flag

I was actually terrified of Francesca even before she turned into a werewolf. She is built like a linebacker.
Flag
Genevieve was probably always going to die-but the only way I can see her surviving at all would be if she double crossed Monique-and possibly killed her-and rescued the baby. Don't see that happening but maybe. If she does die though as a replacement for the Harvest-I still think Esther will come back instead of the fourth girl. Cuz how anti-climactic would it be if the fourth girl just came back? We don't even know the name of the third girl, and the fourth girl we only know as "the chubby one in the Flashback" so, yeah, I'm Pretty sure Esther would be more dramatic. We already know Mikael is coming back, it would be interesting if both parents did.
Also, what about Kol? Is he even gonna make a ghost appearance before getting vapped into the great beyond when the Other Side goes away? WHY IS HIS GHOST SELF STILL IN MYSTIC FALLS!? He doesn't even have friends there, much less family.
Flag
I could see it happening because Genevieve likes Hayley and doesn't want to kill babies.
Flag
I don't see what the point of humanizing Genevieve so much was if ultimately they were just going to write killing the baby. They really did show her as being conflicted and devastated about the whole thing. It made me want her to do the right thing at the last minute.
Tyler tried to kill the baby, showed no remorse for it and was still allowed to live. Though most of the fandom hated him for that, I understood his motivation, Klaus killed his mother so all bets were off. If someone killed my mother there would be no limit to what I would do. I'd be insane. They are equally showing that Genevieve has a choice to make, she can save the baby and be killed and shunned, or she can kill the baby, and probably be killed by Klaus. Now that I think of it though either way she is doomed. Oh well at least she was hot while she lasted.
Flag
So could the fact that the ancestors want the baby as a sacrifice, a direct blood line of Esther come into play? Shouldn't she be all protective super witch grandma?!
Kol unfortunately was found in the horrible back door pilot to a supernatural spin off, which I really hope doesn't take off so it frees him up to go back, I think I'd like him WAY more on the originals than in mystic falls, he didn't have much chemistry with those chracters, and they only have room for boring doppelganger s there anyway :)
Flag
Esther was completely okay with murdering her own children. If she suddenly wants to protect the baby that's lame.

As for Kol, he is off the kill his likability in the supernatural spin off so I doubt he'll come back.

And we don't know that Mikael is coming back for sure, it's possible they'll stop his return (either that, or they'll save him as a cliff hanger)
There isn't enough time to put him in the finale in the flesh.

And nothing will happen to the other side. Be assured that the gang will solve the issues at Mystic Falls. If not by the finale cliff hanger ,then surely in next season openning.
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
I just really want this baby to be born and live, is that too much to ask for?
Flag
Seriously, the fate of that baby is kinda stressing me out! I am also worried that even if she survives they are simply going to send the baby away for her own protection and we are going to miss out on Klaus struggling to be a father and protect his family. Not that I am interested in seeing Klaus become all domestic, but he would need to be much more carefully calculating about his plans if his daughter's safety were at stake. Unlike now when he is kind of a bull in a china shop. I do however want at least one shot of Klaus holding his daughter in the finale.
Flag
She probably will.

I'm just hoping it stays a baby with no crap about rapid growth or anything of the sort.
Flag
CAN'T WAIT for Klaus and Elijah's revenge! Kill'em all!
Flag
Dear Price, I think I will love the second season of The Originals. http://www.eonline.com/news/539261/the-originals-casting-scoop-teen-wolf-s-daniel-sharman-cast-in-major-season-2-role
Flag
I wondered where Sharman was gunna turn up after I heard about him leaving Teen Wolf...I loved him on TW and will miss Issac terribly but maybe this Kaleb character will be even better..
Flag
Jackson leaves Teen Wolf, goes on Arrow
Cora leaves Teen Wolf, goes on Reign
Issac leaves Teen Wolf, goes on The Originals

Does anyone who leaves Teen Wolf gets immediate bump on the CW?
So what's left for Allison? Supernatural maybe?
Flag
The appeal of the Originals is that they are unstoppable and superior to every other creature. I understand that it is difficult for the writers to bring tension into the story when the Originals are so powerful, but they have to think of a way of doing that without undermining their superiority or the whole thing will loose its appeal, in my opinion.
Flag
Isn't that what they just did? We're told that Klaus would be vulnerable one day a month - presumably forever.
Flag
Yea but I hate it that way. I don't want anyone to be even a tenth as powerful as Klaus and Elijah. It takes away the fun of seeing them as Gods playing with mere mortals.

They shouldn't be so easily defeated on The Originals. When they were the villains on TVD they were invincible, but now a simple witch spell can change everything...
Flag
I think I saw what you meant there, you didn't mean invincible as in completely almighty. I guess in TVD, though they found a way to incapacitate the Originals, even kill them, it seemed to be a lot more of a hard work than in TO. The MF gang really had to burn some serious brain cells to find a way to stop them, it seemed a really difficult task.

Originals were told to be much more superior in strength and power. A spell to incapacitate them was a very hard one to do and not every witch was capable of doing it, it required a very powerful one.

In season 3, for instance, to do the desiccating spell, they said it was required to stop a human heart while someone (more than one actually) bound with the witch (through her blood) had a direct contact to major artery or the heart of the Original, and this contact had to be held while the witch was doing the spell. Phew! That's a lot of a hard work to incapacitate an Original, far more than the apparently simple quick spell Genevieve did. At least Papa Tunde's blade required some serious sacrificing, and it has to be plunged into the person's heart...

And the only thing capable of killing an Original has always been white oak, and the tree was burnt down long ago. Mikael was dead with his own stake. The others were killed with some white oak the Salvatores happened to stumble upon... Completely plot convenient (blame the writers), and though it seemed easy, it's not easy AT ALL to find white oak just laying around...

I understood what you meant, you just wanted that the Originals' enemies in TO had to sweat a little more to incapacitate/stop/even kill them. I think it's fair enough. :)
More +
Flag
I think this has been the biggest problem with the Originals is that they are too powerful and basically immortal. This means the writers have to keep coming up with some new more powerful way to hurt them.

The story is good, but I wish they would find a way to remove their invulnerability and ratchet down their power level. It makes it far less interesting of a narrative. It works when they were the antagonists on TVD, it does not work when they are the protagonist on the show.

It basically removes most the stakes in the narrative. We as audience members know they won't die, but they need to be more vulnerable and less powerful within the narrative. You want the bad guys to be effective against them without having to make up some new macguffin-like reason to endanger or hinder them.

It is basically the Superman problem. There is reason why Batman is a far more interesting character than Superman.
Flag
For me the stakes don't have to be directly tied to Klaus or Elijah. What the writers have been doing is manipulating and putting the people around them at risk -- the most vulnerable of which is the baby.

That works for me, since Klaus himself can be so un-likeable that you don't care if he's dead -- but you do often care about the people he cares about and when Klaus is good it is in relation to those people as well.

Truth be told, Elijah isn't a fully developed character. He's more a collection of character traits - nobility, honour, loyalty. We never see deeper than that when we look at him directly. Instead, like Klaus, he's reflected in the people he cares about and they are his vulnerability, as well.

The plotting has been similar for Davina. She's been too powerful or too important to injure directly, so Klaus and others have gone after the vulnerable people around her whom she cares about as leverage.

I think, too, that the show's writers have wisely chosen to have much of the conflict center around power plays, politics and figurative back stabbing. With controlling New Orleans as the goal, the focus doesn't have to be on killing the Originals. Co-opting or neutralizing their power, confining them to an area, weakening them or forcing them out of the city would be good enough.

Also, the show has shown that there are worse things than death. Klaus and Elijah can be subdued and made to suffer indefinitely.
More +
Flag
They were invincible? Did the definition of that word change? Cause I'm pretty sure it means "cannot be killed" and yet we saw 2 of them die. 3 if you count Mikael.

Not to mention that Bonnie constantly kicked Klaus's ass

Or that the gang daggered them multiple times.

They were far from invincible.
Flag
It was a figure of speech. I meant practically invincible, as in they seemed far more powerful and badass on TVD.
Flag
agree. i think they've done it well particularly in this episode
Flag
Jeez, how many more set piece speeches and witches screwing over the lads are we expected to take? Far from Original.
Flag
So Genevieve probably has to die now, right?

She probably will, and I think Klaus and Elijah will make it an especially awful experience for her.
But I have to say I still do like Genevieve in spite of the fact she's trying to kill the baby. I believe that she's following through with the plan, even though she's not the least bit thrilled about it, not only because she wants to remain alive but because disobeying the ancestors represents a painful death and also an afterlife of torture and torment on The Other Side (much like what Davina suffered).
So I actually feel kinda sorry for her. She's like between a rock and a hard place.

Francesca is such a compelling character, right?

I didn't mind Francesca but I liked what she did for the wolves in this show. They were boring and useless and she's taken them to a whole new level. Now wolves (at least the Guerrera ones) are compelling, and I'm even excited to see the war between the 2 different wolf factions.

Wasn't it so weird seeing Josh hang out in the daytime?

No, I was kinda happy for him, he deserved after so much time in the dark. But the fact he was kidnapped by Klaus and bitten so soon was not cool.
And why didn't Klaus just heal him after Davina gave him the info he wanted? Sometimes I think he underestimates his enemies. Just because Davina isn't as powerful as she was before the harvest was completed, it doesn't mean she shouldn't be feared. Proof of that is that she's probably bringing Mikael back.

Did Davina ever clean up that glass she threw across the room? Why or why not?

I have no idea. I guess she didn't care much about it with her friend dying there...
More+
Flag
I wonder if Genevieve would be able to escape her fate if she died outside NO?
Flag
That's a very good question you raised.

Considering NO witches can only practice magic there because of the kind they practice (ancestral magic), I wonder if the ancestors could reach Genevieve outside NO... Or if Genevieve, magicless outside NO, would lose her connection to the ancestral magic and would become untouchable, even though the ancestors could reach her outside NO, because she no longer would have the magical connection to them...

Very good point, it could be a way for her to escape her fate, afterall if she kills the baby, the Originals will kill her, if she doesn't, the ancestors will do that. It's not looking up for her, to get away from NO could be her best solution if that could actually help her escape this horrible fate.
Flag
I agree about Klaus underestimating Davina, as well as others over the course of this season and on TVD, his arrogance could be his undoing if he doesn't smarten up a bit.. I do have to say I can understand him being a bit pissed at Davina for helping Marcel, esp right after Klaus went out of his way to offer an olive branch to Davina..He was good to her at the witches party a cpl weeks back, when everyone else there was treating Davina like a straight up piece of shit.. All that said, Klaus should have healed Josh after he got the info he needed..the minute he left without doing so I knew Klaus was gunna pay for that mistake sooner or later. Besides, I like Josh and don't want him to die..plus if that happens Davina will never ever do another thing for Klaus, and will prb stop at nothing to find a way to destroy him..
Flag
Klaus KILLED someone she cared about, the guy she was in love with. It doesn't matter that he was nice to her at the party when everyone else was being nasty, this good gesture doesn't even get close to make amends for what he had done to her, it can't even be compared. And afterwards, he proved he wasn't trustwothy, that it was all a façade, when he bit Josh.

Just because Klaus tried to make amends (he said that himself), making it seems he was actually sorry for what he had done to her (killed Tim), the minute he felt like and needed it, he did the same thing all over again (threatned someone she cares about), showing her he'd do that everytime he needed.

I believe (contrary to what some ppl said) that even if she hadn't helped Marcel (some said he did that 'cause she sided with Marcel and helped him) but knew where Marcel was, Klaus would've done the same to take the info out of her. I think it doesn't matter that she helped Marcel, it just mattered that she had the info Klaus wanted.
Flag
Genevieve needs to be punished severely. I knew she would turn on Klaus and co. the first chance she got. She has shown time after time that she is not on Klaus's side and was only using him for sex and a peek at Mama Esther's grimoire.

Francesca is a cool character. I knew she was not trustworthy, but I did not see that she was an unturned werewolf. When someone proposes an alliance "because they want to be on the side of the inevitable victor", it is 99.99% of the time because they are going to stab you in the back. Klaus should have learned that in his 1000+ years.

Now that Francesca has turned werewolf, who should lead the human faction? I think Cami is the only human left in NOLA. poor humans.

Daytime Josh was great.

Davina did NOT clean up the glass. She has turned into a spoiled little witch who will get what she wishes for when she resurrects Mikael. Maybe she thinks that she will get Mikael to do it.
Flag
To be fair, Genevieve is the witches' leader first and foremost, not Klaus' bitch. It's not even about turning on Klaus as much as it's about doing what needs to be done to move along the witches' agenda. They are her priority.

Klaus is narcissistic so he only sees other people in terms of their usefulness to him. His narcissism and arrogance are a problem for him because they cause him to underestimate people and not be able to see their true motives.

If he were able to see clearly he would have seen 1) Genevieve's true agenda/end game and 2) be able to devise a proposal that would actually be useful to her. Instead you see her agreeing to something with Klaus that you know isn't worth it. Given that she isn't stupid, you have to conclude that she's not really going to accept what he's offering.

It's also why he doesn't see through Francesca's stated motivation for helping him get replacement stones.

Plus, Klaus, thinks intimidation and fear are the right tools for everything, when he would often do better to use honey instead of vinegar to catch the flies.
Flag
I agree with you about how Klaus playing nice would help him out, though I think if he did that too much he would lose what makes him Klaus. It has sort of been necessary for Klaus to be the devil and Elijah to be the Angel in every situation on the show, at least up to this point, but with the baby there should be a turning point in that dynamic. Thus far though, Elijah always at least starts out nice in negotiations, then becomes threatening if things don't go his way wheras Klaus opens with a threat.
I do like those rare occasions when Klaus is good for goodness's sake, or because he cares about someone. I was hoping it would strike him when Cammi said "thank you for today, for being kind." after he helped her with Kieran.
Regarding narcissism, in Klaus's defense, his narcissism IS a defense. He is paranoid, and actually probably has self esteem issues, so he tries not to let people in, and he acts like he thinks he is king shit of fuck mountain , when in actuality, I bet he still feels inadequate from all the abuse he has taken.
More +
Flag
Cammi is pretty much the de facto leader at this point. I always assumed that was going to happen.
Yes Davina needs a spanking.
Flag
Can anyone tell me what Hailey was thinking when she told Eli that she was betrothed I'm just curious? and what do you think her reaction to Eli's reaction?
Flag
I think Hayley just wanted some sort of affirmation that Elijah wouldn't want her to be engaged to somebody else. It was essentially a, "I want you to tell me that you don't want me with anyone but you, and that I shouldn't be with him" scene.
Flag
Also, I think she wanted to get some proactive response from Elijah. Prior to this, she's been the initiator while he's been passive. She needs to know that he's all in.
Flag
that scream by klaus at the end just means that hes gonna kill every single person when hes back to normal. elijah and klaus i thought were really pissed this episode but next episode they re gonna be on some next level. i was thinking surely klaus could just turn?
Flag
also if keiren knew about the possibility of another werewolf family he should of told klaus when he was dying, i know its not, 'good tv,' but still he should of told someone.
Flag
He was haxed and losing his mind, he did not have time for that, that room was full of stuff, i mean NO is a big city they chould've figured something to control/kill supernaturel beings.
Flag
MAN, how dumb is Genevieve though? Like, I get it--she got Klaus all weakened and stuff, and was feeling pretty awesome about it, but like Price said, the full moon's going to end eventually, right? So, Klaus will have his strength back by the finale and he's literally going to go on a slaughter-spree that will rival that one time he killed all of his hybrids with a broadsword to the tune of O Come All Ye Faithful. I mean, as if it isn't bad enough that she screwed them over with the moonlight rings, but THEN she took Hayley and plans on killing her and the baby? Yeah, now she has Klaus AND Elijah wanting to murder her ass, which is basically an unwinnable situation. I am so excited for the heart-rippage, it's going to be glorious.
Flag
Hmmm.........a crazed Klaus, grandpa Mikael back from the dead, psycho witches, super wolves and the other side about to blow up...I am getting all tingly. The carnage will be epic!
Flag
Genevieve can handle herself. She's a very powerful witch and is channeling Ester's power. Whenever Klaus has tried to attack her, he hasn't been able to get closer than two feet to her. He might rip apart some lesser witches as retaliation, but Genevieve and the Harvest Girls should be fine even if he completely loses his sh*t.
Flag
The hybrid slaughter scene was awesome..the Cary Brother's cover of O Come all Ye Faithful was just perfect. The way Klaus looked obviously pained to be slaughtering those he chose to be his "family" :( and of course the end of Mayor Lockwood..who I personally don't think deserved to be killed off just to give Tyler that horrid revenge plot line that went nowhere..
But yeah, I'm psyched to see the carnage that is sure to follow the events of this episode...
Flag
Actually, I believe Genevieve is in a very delicate position.

I think if she does what the ancestors want and kill the baby, she knows Klaus and Elijah will kill her, but at least she'll have some peace in her afterlife.

But if she disobeys the ancestors, I think they're not only killing her but also tormenting and torturing her on The Other Side for, at least, very long time (perhaps for forever). So maybe that's why she's choosing to do it, it's the less horrible of her options.

Of course, sha can still choose to disobey, not killing the baby, and face the consequences (I believe there's a great chance she won't go through with it, she looked really disturbed).
Flag
Well, Genevieve may not have to worry about being tormented by the ancestors for long since it looks like TVD's gunna blow up the other side.. I wonder what that means for supes who die after it is completely destroyed..are they just taken right into the dark nothingness that Katherine and Vicki fell victim too or will they pass onto wherever the human souls go? Maybe Davina will go to bring Mikael back to life and at the last minute he gets taken by the darkness..that'd be satisfying to me..
Flag
Ok, I'm just going to say this. Mikael is a really really nasty piece of work. I find nothing redeeming about him at all. He's just this nasty, abusive parent -- who gets in his debasing jabs in this perfect aristocratic English delivery, which somehow makes it worse. I hope that character suffers before he dies.
Flag
Yes...Mikael is beyond nasty, but I am still excited to see how his twisted nasty schemes will tip the balance of power. We know that Mikael also hate wolves, so no one will be safe!
Flag
Hi ;) !
I have a question. Didn't the TO witches mention that they weren't actually on the Other Side but in some other place (called limbo something)? I thought it was something like that but reading your comments made me doubt :).
Anyway, if it's the case, it looks like the supernatural beings have a lot of places they can "chill" into when they die. And also, it's very likely that the Ancestors would torture Geneviève forever :( !

To answer your question, it's just a theory but I agree with Jason Melvil here, they probably will be sucked in TVD's version of "hell" or in another 'peaceful' dimension similar to the one that has Amara and Aunt Jenna, I think.

Flag
I have doubts about that too. I'm not sure the NO witches go to the so called Other Side. And I really have no idea what would happen if there was no Other Side.

Maybe the supernatural creatures would go to the same place the humans go? Heaven or Hell, depending on their sins?

I really don't know, if I had to bet, I'd be with JasonMelvil here, they would get sucked up into the nothingness some characters were already sucked into (like Katherine).
Flag
Your point raises questions for me too, I know ur talking about the scene with Genevieve about the ancestors...now I'm gunna have to find the ep and rewatch at least that part.. when I figure it out I'll post again.. You may be right tho..they might be seperate from the other side..but that goes totally against the established TVD canon..
Flag
I think most likely, one character dies and gets sucked up into that place too and next season they will try to rescue them out of it.

And I'm still betting on them bringing Katherine back from there when they see the ratings go to hell (no pun intended)
Flag
So yes to Katherine coming back! And no pun intended but that was so LOL! I'm guessing the ratings now are in a considerably worse place than Katherine...

But I'd have no problem if Elena was sucked into the nothingness and never brought back... That would stop the repetitive conversations she's been having with Damon about their relationship issues (it's in every ep., everytime they see each other, please stop!)...

They keep saying Damon is moody and grumpy and should get back with Elena but I like him much better when they're not together...
Flag
I'm thinking Damon is the safe bet, but sadly, my reason is that with him out of the way, they could potentially start the whole "maybe she should pick Stefan" all over again (yawn
Flag
I agree with both points, it may have been the writers intent to "for real" kill off Katherine, but I think she'll be back.. I'm just really hoping we get to see Alaric in the finale.. If anyone in MF dies at the end of the finale, it'll be Damon I think. Unless they go and kill off an already abused and under-used character like Bonnie, Jeremy, etc. But this recent turn back to heroism for Damon is foreshadowing something terrible happening to him I think..
Flag
This show is just so much better than VD. That is all.
Flag
For Elijah and Klaus to be 1,000s of years old vampires, they aren't too bright--trusting wolves and witches just is not natural. Klaus had a better chance at "kiss and makeup" with Marcel and Davina than Francesca and Oliver. Did they not remember Oliver bit their sis? Did anyone vet Francesca? They just let her strut in claiming human leadership title.
Flag
Thank you, I also thought it was really dumb to trust Francesca all of a sudden. They know so little about her.
Flag
You're forgetting that Klaus is a werewolf. Hayley and their child are also werewolves so that's why Klaus wanted to align with Hayley's werewolf clan.

Klaus doesn't trust anyone, he's always been paranoid and for good reason. Last week he stated that Genevieve couldn't be trusted but he needed a witch to do the spell and he didn't really have any other witches who seemed interested in helping him. Davina never would have helped Klaus or the werewolves - Davina only cares about Josh & Marcel.
Flag
But why didn't Hayley share the revelation with Elijah and Klaus that Marcel told her in the previous episode that the humans (Francesca) did the bombing? Also, if Oliver bit Rebecca at the request of the witches, that shows he has an alliance with them and should not be trusted by Elijah/Klaus/Hayley or Jackson. The whole group just doesn't seem to think things through for them to be so old--Hayley and Jackson I can understand being immature and not too bright, but Klaus and Elijah should know better. If Marcel was able to get the information about the suicide bomber why couldn't Klaus? And trusting Genevieve who's already torched you and your sister--and who's elevator doesn't go all the way to the penthouse, no way!
Flag
First of all, how weird was it to see characters on The Originals driving a car? Nobody ever drives a car on this show!

Umm.. Rebekah left this show by driving out of town.
Flag
Hayley and Elijah have been a car, too to go between the Bayou and the Governor's House.
Flag
Twice, if I remember correctly.
Also, Elijah and Marcel rolled up to the abandoned insane asylum in a car.
Flag
Price - can you please please please do photo recaps next season???
Flag
Hasn't someone told Davina, Marcel and their bitch gangs what would happen if they killed an Original especially Klaus...I mean there would be no more vampires in NOLA
This episode was 100% awesome.Just when I thought they could not raise the stakes.The feels in this episode was overwhelming, everyone got into the groove and even the most boring character(Cami) finally became useful.
Elijah fighting about 1000 vampires-Breathtakingly Awesome.I've actually missed that side to Elijah
It's funny that the first time Josh gets to feel the sun after he gets turned,Klaus had other plans...Welcome to the real world Josh and better timing next time
Genevieve has to die now.I want Klaus and Elijah to go an a with killing spree rampage and kill that psychotic teenage witch bitch called Monique
The acting skills of Daniel Gillies and Joseph Morgan-Impeccable as always
FTR-I broke down in legit tears at the sight of that cliffhanger
Flag
Rebekah told Marcel, who told Josh, and Josh was going to tell Davina the LAST time she wanted to kill Klaus, but he chickened out at the last moment and instead just told her to kick his ass, even though her killing him would result in her death, too. So, yeah, that was definitely not the smartest move on Josh' part. I REALLY hope he doesn't end up dead as a result. He needs to get a little sippity sip of Klaus' blood and then commence with the whole moving to Turkey thing.
Flag
There is a bigger chance that Klaus would die than Josh. And no, I don't think there's even a snowball's chance in heck that Klaus would die.

The fact they added both Josh and Luke to these show this year goes to show they had pressure to put token gay guys in. So neither of them is going to die.

Hate to be blunt, but you know it's true.
Flag
First off no, there is not a bigger chance that Klaus would die then Josh. That is just silly. You have made this point about gay characters in several comments. Do you object to them actually having gay characters on the show? Gay people do exist in real life.

It is not like the CW has had lots of gay characters and the ones they have had have had minor to negligible roles. If anything they have set up all their shows to basically portray homoeroticism between very canonical straight guys but not actual gay characters; The CW shows have if anything been guilty of gay baiting.

There was some idea that maybe they wanted some diversity on their shows. It can't always be hot straight young white males and females all the time (though it pretty much seems to be the MO for the CW).
Flag
Hasn't someone told Davina, Marcel and their bitch gangs what would happen if they killed an Original especially Klaus...
Yes, Rebekah told Marcel earlier in the season what happens when an original dies.

But who says they were going to kill him? It's not like Klaus is unstoppable. This show constantly says he is, but any witch can easily beat him plus there's Papa Tunde's knife is still around.

They can also just do a Silas and bury him deep underground, turn him to stone etc.

even the most boring character(Cami) finally became useful.
Umm... Actually no she wasn't. Nobody bothered answering their phone and everyone kind of knew what was happening after the fact. Maybe if she TEXTED Haley instead of just calling every 5 minutes...

She was still useless.
Flag
I doubt Hayley would have looked at the text even if Cami texted her. The only reason Hayley even knew Cami was calling was because the phone made a sound. She was useless, but at least she tried to do something. She didn't know where Hayley was, so its not like she could've gotten to her before anything bad happened.
Flag
A lot of times people don't answer the phone is because they either can't talk (like in a meeting) or don't feel the need for the conversation.

If you sent a text message, the phone still makes a sound, and they already see the message on screen. Ergo, they might not care but they'll get the message more likely.

Either way, it was something to try out which she didn't.

Truth be told, that was the ONLY part of the episode I hated because by that point (when she made the calls) we already knew what was happening. It was already after she read the letters and Francesca already said her plan.

In other words, we the audience already knew. It served no purpose.
Flag
Okay am I the only one who is genuinely happy that for the first time finally werewolf beat or should i say bite the crap out of Vampires. Those guys seriously needed that vengeance. So I am really glad for them. Those Vampires in the quarters are really too full of themselves and try to be smart ass. So I just was super happy that first Elijah and then those werewolves put them straight.
Flag
No, I'm totally with you on that one. It was a great move as werewolves on this show are practically useless. It was great seeing them as a threat.

I also loved they gave us high society mafia wolves cause I am so tired of the dumb rednecks in the swamp.

The only thing is, I was hoping they'd stand out more than the vamps. Half the time, they just showed teeth and bit necks, I was hoping for more of a visual issue. Like maybe their eyes be a be brighter yellow.
Flag
I swear if Davina took her stupid ass outside more she would know what was going on. That character irritates me. Someone needs to word her up on what happens if you kill Klaus.
Flag
I'm starting to wonder if the writers are trying to pretend they never came up with the whole "Kill an Original and their whole bloodline dies" thing. Have they ever mentioned it on this show? Otherwise, Marcel is pretty dumb to go around trying to kill Klaus. I don't think he's necessarily trying to kill him this time, but when Klaus first came to town, he was definitely talking about trying to kill him.
Flag
Rebekkah told Marcel earlier this season about that and Tyler brought it up when he went to NO to have his ass handed to him by Klaus (again.) Josh found about it and almost told Davina a lil while back when she was looking for a way to kill Klaus but he didn't go through with it. Apparently Davina's revenge on Klaus/Klaus dying is more important to Josh then his own life..kinda weird. Not really fair to D either not making an informed decision..not just Josh's life on the line, Marcel and pretty much every vampire in NO and MF not to mention countless others around the world would be dead.
It would seriously undermine the whole mythology of these two shows if they were to retcon the originals tie to their bloodlines.. But since it has been brought up a cpl times I don't think they'd do that... I guess they could potentially find some loophole that allows for them to be killed without killing all those descended
Flag
They did actually say there are ways around that limitations. When the whole cure thing was on, Tyler said that the cure will most likely break the bond Klaus has with his off springs.

There is also the question of whether the connection is via his body or his spirit. Cause either way, a simple 'traveler style" mind jacking would solve the problem (Remember that Esther possessed Rebekah once on TVD)

If the connection is via the body, just have someone possess Klaus and stay in control forever. Problem gone.

If it's via the spirit then just move Klaus to another body that's weak and non threatening and keep him in a coma forever. Every once in a while, shift him to a new body so he won't die.

Either way it's a non issue.
Flag
Plus Klaus is well known for hitching spirit rides/body shifting. He possessed both Alaric and Tyler way before "The Travellers" plotline. I wonder if that could mean that the writers will one day pull out a "Klaus is also a Traveller" retcon card. I really hope they don't! But I can help wondering. Since that seems like something that they could do given their tendency to make entire seasons worth of storylines retconned or redundant.

I really hope they learn from the mistakes on TVD and keep TO more cohesive mythology & logic wise. Seriously, by now they should have a rule book for both shows.

I always wonder why all shows in general, but especially shows with intricate supernatural storylines (shows like: The Vampire Diaries, The Originals, Once Upon a Time, Supernatural etc.) don't stick to some kind of a "Mythology Bible"? Instead of having just a vague "outline" or "endgame". I mean given how dense and complex these mythologies are, you'd think this would be a no brainer.

I get that it's easier to make stuff up as they go because the showrunners don't start out knowing how long the show will last. But you'd think that once the show is a ratings success and they know that it'll go for X amount of seasons, they'd get on top of these things.
More +
Flag
Davina went from being the most powerful and feared witch in the quarter to a frightened little girl. She still has the power, she just doesn't have the confidence in herself. However, I think Davina will find her strength when she is focused on saving the people she cares about like Josh and Marcel. She is still a force to be reckoned with and if she is smart, and I think she is smarter than she appears, if she brings Mikael back, she will need to put a fail safe in the spell to make sure he leaves after that.
Flag
Actually she doesn't have the power. Consider that the powers from all 4 girls was in her. Now she only has a 4th of it.

Still powerful, but she can't take out both Klaus and Elijah at the same time like she did last time.

I think the most likely scenario is that she'll work on getting Mikael back but then she'll back out if she thinks Klaus will die (and as a result Josh)
Flag
They know what happens if you kill Klaus. Rebekah told Marcel that.
Flag
But Davina doesn't know. Josh had the opportunity to tell her that killing Klaus would kill Marcel and Josh and the rest of the vampires, but he chickened out because he felt bad for her. That was when she was in her post-Tim's-death revenge tear, right before she got sacrificed in the Harvest.
Flag
I assumed that Marcel informed her about it because he would ask her to find a way around it.

But the more I think of it, I think it's more likely she'll find that out and then betray Mikael to protect Klaus to protect Marcel and Josh.
Flag
I guess I'm the only one not mad at Marcel because he was trying to stop Klaus' plan to give the werewolves the mood rings, more power, and leverage, and we all see how that turn out. Elijah and Klaus fell into their own trap with the wolves. If Marcel's plan had worked, at least Hayley probably wouldn't have been kidnapped.
Flag
If Marcel's plan had worked, I'm pretty sure he'd be dead. How exactly was he going to survive an encounter with Klaus? He clearly didn't know about Genevive's plan. His plan was clearly to kill HER.

So what the heck was he hoping to gain by this?
Flag
My understanding was to swipe the grimoire and the stone--basically stop the spell and kill Genevive. Many have misunderstood that he wanted to kill Klaus and Elijah which is not true if you re-watch the episode. He just wanted to prevent the werewolves' from reversing his original curse.
Flag
I got that his idea was to have the vamps storm Elijah so that maybe a couple of them would kill Genevive.

*He* would still die because there was no way he could survive fighting Klaus.

And frankly, Genevive is a bigger threat than the originals... Marcel and Rebekah combined couldn't take her out. What would the younger vamps do?
Flag
Well, my bad :) ! I guess you're right. Maybe vampires trying to sneak up on Geneviève and her being forced to show she needs some concentration to do the spell would have been more powerful :)!
Flag
Actually in season 2 of TVD, that warlock dad guy (who isn't even remotely as powerful as Genevieve) took down an entire pack of werewolves on his own.

And considering he was using the same stuff they do on vampires (that headache thing) I don't see how Genevieve couldn't take all of them out.

Now if the writers would have pointed out something like that she needs to concentrate to keep the spell in effect... It would have been 1000 times better.

But of course it's not like this show has any real consistency to it. I mean in this very episode they used bombs... Why not just blow up the house? I don't know if Genevieve can survive explosions...
Flag
While I agree with you on some of the points you made (Geneviève being extra powerful, etc...), it didn't really come accross as dumb or illogical to me, for once. I've never liked Marcel's plans so far, tbh.
But this time, I felt like it was a pretty desperate move and they didn't have much time to come up with new well prepared plans for this one. They had to try at least.
Also, like texaskajun said, considering how things turned out later, they had to. Don't get me wrong, I love that we now have super-wolves on the show. They're so much more interesting than Oliver and Jackson, at this point. But still.
And my guess is, if they had outnumbered Geneviève some of them could have been able to take her by surprise. Well, I'm really not sure about this one but I guess we'll never know ;) lol!
As for Marcel, he made it clear he was ready to die for his people, last episode. Plus, part of me thinks that deep down he expected Klaus not to kill him. After all, he threatened him so many times to do so and yet he didn't. So maybe he didn't expect Klaus to go through with it, anyway. I don't know, it's just a theory :) .
More +
Flag
How, prey tell, in the seven layers of Hell is Supernatural: Bloodlines supposed to compare to this? Whilst I'm not gushing over it as much as some, it was a very good penultimate episode for a freshman season. The show has very effectively addressed each of its early flaws, especially the balance of power between the factions. I'd still like to see the Humans (the real ones) given a more equal footing and I'd like to see some scheming and fighting between the other, non-Vampire factions. And as much as I'd welcome her back in the merest fraction of a millisecond, is it wrong that I'm not really missing Rebekah? It's as if the show has consciously decided to keep throwing loads of wackyness in our faces to try to lessen the heart-wrenching loss, and it's worked. This was a great build-up to what will hopefully be a great season finale, but I have to ask, why bring back Mikael? Are they so bereft of ideas that even the The Vampire Diaries offspring is having to resort to the lazy 'resurrect a dead character' trope? I've come to expect more from this show. Whatever happens next week though, this has certainly been a successful season and possibly the beginning of another five seasons or more series for The CW.
More+
Flag
People really need to lay off the Bloodline hate. Yes, it was beyond all measures of stupid, but may I remind you how stupid the backdoor pilot for this show was?
It was so terrible, the first half of the season was retconning to erase its stupidity.

Of course I have very little faith in Bloodlines, but I'm assuming CW execs aren't morons, they hear people talking about how stupid the pilot was and they'll change it.

Leaving that aside, I agree with everything else you said. In fact, this episode worked so well because the lack of Rebekah in it. If she was still around, they'd have to force her hand into picking sides between Klaus and Marcel and we've beaten that to the death.

Flag
You keep saying this, but not everyone thought the backdoor pilot for this show was stupid. I liked it, and I wasn't the only one. Whereas there's pretty universal hate for Bloodlines. Mind you, I think the network screwed the show over by stamping Supernatural's name on it, because no one was even willing to give it a chance even before it aired. I think if the CW execs are smart, they won't order Bloodlines at all.
Flag
Well, I could go blow by blow on how stupid that episode was. Starting with the fact that our main character has his girlfriend killed cause she was shoved to a wall... Seriously...

But that's besides the point.

You can still like a show and know it's stupid, the two aren't mutually exclusive (see: TVD). I'm simply saying that just because the backdoor pilot had its issues, it doesn't mean the final show would be like that and people should remember how much they hated the backdoor pilot for the Originals and how much they like the show now.

As for the show being picked up? I totally disagree. I would be really surprised if they didn't pick it up. Whether people are liking it or hating it, they are still talking about it and that does count for something. It will still do reasonable in the ratings regardless.
People can say they hate it all they want, they will still watch it (I know I will).

I would love it if they don't pick it up (especially since that would slightly raise the possibility they'll save the tomorrow people) but I would put money on them giving them the green light.
More +
Flag
The part when Mama Wolf was howling to Papa Wolf to come save her and baby wolf, but Papa Wolf was weak and he howled in anger because they were hurting his family. *sobs*
Flag
OMG I KNOW so sad ):
Flag
I laughed a little when Elijah basically told Marcel's vampires to bring it then just beat the crap out of all of them. Dam did not see the twist of Francesca being a wolf. No Josh don't die Davina needs her best friend. Loved the double cross as well as Hayley's threat of killing them all to the witches. I thought it was a little funny that Cami discovered that Francesca and her family were werewolves and tried to tell the other characters this but no one would answer. I really don't care about Marcel, I mean he only got the city by default plus he's facing Klaus, an original. It was so weird seeing Klaus down and helpless at the end. The originals has seriously surpassed TVD in just it's first season and I hope it can keep this kind of momentum next season and for many seasons to come.
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members