A The Originals Community
Thursday 9:00 PM on The CW

The Originals will take family drama to a new level in Season 2. 

While Klaus and Elijah have been holed up—lest anyone discover that baby Hope isn't actually dead—their parents have separately been planning what definitely won't be a happy family reunion. Suffice it to say, Klaus and Elijah will be less than pleased to discover that their parents have been brought back from the other side.   

"The very thing that they cling to… is now coming into jeopardy, and the antagonist is their mother, the person you should feel the most love from," executive producer Michael Narducci told the crowd at the show's Comic-Con panel on Friday. "This person is coming back to judge them as abominations."

Meanwhile, Davina has brought Mikael back from the other side with the intention to exact vengeance against Klaus. "Things are going to start to implode," Narducci said.

Unfortunately, that's the least of their worries, as the war in New Orleans is ramping up while Hayley is struggling to keep her hybrid side in check. Find out how she's dealing in the first Season 2 trailer below, which also introduces new character and possible Davina love interest Caleb (Teen Wolf's Daniel Sharman):

The Originals Season 2 premieres Monday, October 6 at 8pm on The CW.

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 5/20/2016

Season 3 : Episode 22

53 Comments
Comments (53)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
I love this show!!
Flag
Kol and Isaac... Need I say more? New Orleans is hottie central in Season 2!
Flag
CANT WAIT
Flag
Hayley's storyline looks too much like no-humanity Elena. Instead of leaving her alone (or killing her) they're going to try and fix her and I have no interest in seeing that. If they continue to treat her like some innocent victim instead of the mass-murdering vampire she's become I'm going to be really annoyed. Let Hayley just be evil/ruthless - it would work so much better for her character (at least for me).

Tyler and all the other hybrids that Klaus turned back on TVD had no issues adjusting to life as a hybrid. Josh didn't have any major problems after being turned into a vampire, Caroline adjusted fairly quickly. It really seems like Elena & Hayley are the only two characters in the entire universe who just can't cope with being a vampire and have to have help from the male leads.

The problem with Klaus & Hayley is they have no reason to stay in NOLA - especially Hayley. Hayley could have left town with her daughter at the end of last season if she wanted to be with her pretty easily. She chose not to so I can't feel bad for her at all. Klaus could also leave town and go back to being a recluse (as he was prior to Season 2 of TVD) and just go into hiding with the baby.

I think Season 2 will be too repetitive though. We saw Mikael & Esther in Season 3 of TVD - and I'm worried we'll see a repeat of those storyline and all this is footage is from the first three episodes so there's not going to be a lot of build-up and I think there may be too much Mikael/Esther stuff at the start of the season and by mid-season they'll be out of material.
More+
Flag
She's pissed at the people who forced her to give her baby away, that anger is magnified by her vampirism, it makes sense about what she's doing
And think, she's probably sired to her kid, which only increases the desire to get her back, which can't happen when all these enemies are around, so it makes sense
Flag
Tyler had problems. Caroline helped him.
Flag
I think you're thinking of Season 2 when he became a werewolf. When he became a vampire in Season 3 his only issue was that he was sired to Klaus (and then he broke the sire-bond pretty quickly).
Flag
Are you talking about his transition into a werewolf because I think that's completely different. When you're completely unaware of the supernatural world and then suddenly discover you've turned into some mythical creature, you're allowed to be scared and freak out. Caroline held Tyler's hand through his transition from human to werewolf because:

1) Tyler had absolutely no clue about the supernatural world
2) the gang had very little information about werewolves so not only could they not provide any helpful info, they were also obsessed with the whole "vampire vs werewolf are enemies" legends so Caroline was sent in as a spy.
3) Unlike vampires, the process of changing into a werewolf is an incredibly painful process and Caroline would never let one of her friends endure such pain alone.

Tyler's transition from werewolf to hybrid was completely different. Caroline was not as actively involved because Tyler wasn't crying about it every 5 seconds (unlike Elena and Hayley, if we're to believe the spoilers), plus they had the whole "sire bond destroying their relationship" drama to deal with. Aside from some explanations and making sure Tyler wasn't going around town eating people, Tyler got through it relatively easy. In fact, he was thrilled with the benefits, which is no more monthly shifting.

Hayley and Elena don't have werewolf Tyler's ignorance to fall back on, so they come off as complete drama queens because they're drawing the whole thing out. While they are expected to feel shock and dismay at the transition initially, eventually they need to pull themselves together. The fact that these "strong female characters" allow and WANT their love interests to do all the "picking up the pieces" for them is demeaning IMHO.
More +
Flag
mmm... I don't know... looks pretty similar to the first season. This show could be so much bigger... I like Hailey better than before, though. And "Isaak" is a very welcome addition LOL even though I would have preferred him to stay at Teen Wolf. Not so keen in the parents come back stories, I hope they will make me change my mind as it goes.
Flag
I miss Isaac so much... have a feeling I won't like him as Caleb... if he is in any way against Klaus... :|
Flag
I think I just died. THAT WAS FREAKING INCREDIBLE.
Flag
Words can't express how excited I am. Plus while I realize Klaus will not die, having both parents plus the white oak stake adds more stakes (pun intended) to this season. Also really hopping Kol comes back
Flag
Me too but as the kol we all love not in another body, his normal body and face demands to be seen again.
Flag
That is the only way he can come back
Flag
I truly hope so I've got my fingers crossed.
Flag

Holy crap! This season looks insane! Can't wait for October.
Flag
My god this season is going to be epic.
Flag
Awwww shhhhhhhhhhhh! It' going down this season! Looks good! Can't wait! 😁
Flag
Same overrated shit, different season. just like TVD. Clearly all of the decent scenes were shown in that 'teaser'
It's about time Phoebe Tonkin's Haley got some decent character development though, being a hybrid makes her interesting.
Oh look.. there's Isaac Lahey.... i mean Caleb... a character with no personality i bet
I thought Claire Holt left??? why leave in the first place if you're just gonna keep coming back???
Oh look, more 'dead' characters coming back to wreak havoc for a season and then 'dying' again. BORING.....
Oh look, Marcel & Klaus are friends again, I wonder how long that will last until they stab each other in the back for the billionth time.

TVD & The Originals are the two worst written shows on TV, SO... Why do i keep watching them???
Flag
Claire Holt so far is only going to appear in one episode and it was probably filmed while she was there to shoot the season finale.
Flag
Oh my god this looks great!! Can't wait!
Flag
can't wait, this looks so good!!
Flag
Yes! Excited for this! Cant wait for more Klaus..
Flag
It really bugs me that characters can't stay dead! The Originals has potential but I really hope it doesn't fall for the same mistakes as TVD. I already stopped watching that show... To a certain extend this is really down to lazy writing. Argh!
Flag
Awesome! Enough plot to last for maybe 4 episodes the way this show burns through it.
Flag
Spoiler: Caleb is the evil twin brother of Isaac!!
Flag
who is Isaac?
Flag
Sorry it was a Teen Wolf joke, It's not a real spoiler ;)
Flag
The only spoiler here, is that Isaac is a hot sexy hunk biscuit! That hunky sex biscuit makes me wanna flip ma weave for him.
Flag
He's a hot sexy hunk biscuit werewolf, that used to live in Beacon Hills!
Flag
Bringing Mikaeil, Esther, Finn and Kol makes it feel like finally the show gets to stand by its title this season, no longer 'The Elijah-Klaus Show'.
Flag
Hmm... not sure how I feel about the trailer. I like parts of it.. However, the whole story about the mum and dad coming back from the dead to make their life difficult is very predictable and I feel like we've already been through that, even if that was during their time on The Vampire Diaries. I am however very excited about seeing 'Isaac' in the show! (Teen Wolf reference for those that don't know).
Flag
so I just saw 80% of the story..
Flag
This was from the first three episodes, there's about 22 or so of them in the season
Flag
And in wolf lore the strongest wolf is always pack leader, mabey it was just that she was carrying an originals baby but she would have NEVER been in charge of a pack, let alone a family line???

Flag
Looks like a good season is ahead, but might be just me but I grew tired of haley in the first season. Why do writers always have to have that one annoying character that does all the wrong things for selfish reasons and is than very surprised when things go horribly wrong????

Flag
The Vampire Diaries universe has an annoying tendency to kill off promising characters so quickly (like Mikael, Esther and Kol) and when the writers realise the potential these characters have for stories they miraculously bring them back. I mean, I guess their revivals/ returns can be easily made sense of because of magic, but I sometimes which writers would put more effort into thinking about long-term storylines rather than so carelessly disposing of interesting characters and then bringing them back when they realise they've made a mistake.

As for the trailer, it looks... messy? There's far too much stuff going on, and it seems like each is more important than the last, so unfortunately I can see some storylines being pushed to the side or unfolding at a snail-slow pace in order to cater for a revolving door of plots.
Flag
I doubt the writers knew they were going make a spinoff series but I agree they do too much at once.
Flag
They were talking about it in Season 3 but they killed of Mikael and Esther anyway (Finn as well). They waited and killed off Kol off after the spin-off had been announced (which made no sense since the spin-off was supposed to be about The Originals - not about Hayley).
Flag
That's a good point, but Mikael, Esther and Kol all had guest stints on The Vampire Diaries. In retrospect, each of them, in particularly Esther, could have easily been season long villains/ arcs, but they were all pretty much disposed of in a couple of episodes.
Flag
I agree completely, while entertaining TVD has made alot of mistakes.
Flag
Never watched the Vampire Diaries but I. LOVE. THIS, SHOW. Cannot wait. I'm stocking up on popcorn now.
Flag
If you never watched TVD, I suggest you watch it because that's where the originals starts and you get more back story for them.
Flag
I have always felt I came in on the middle of a sentence. I may be the wrong demographic for TVD but I'll see if I can get it on Netflix. I would like to get the backstory.
Flag
You really should it adds a lot of depth to the originals
Flag
Eeeeeeeeeeeeee I'm so excited.
Flag
I just had a thought after watching this trailer: what if this new Kaleb character is actually possesed by Kol? The trailer seemed to imply Esther is bringing back the rest of the originals, and I'm guessing the guy we already saw with her in the finale was Finn. And with the other side supposedly gone now, then Kol can only come back if Esther has already brought him back some time before the beginning of the second season (or by the end of the first season).
Flag
I think Kol was cast in that supernatural spin-off, if its still supposed to happen (i have not been keeping up with the news on that).
Flag
No actually, the CW decided not to pick up that series. So there's a chance he could still appear on The Originals
Flag
So excited!
Flag
Yay Claire Holt!!! Too bad she won't be a regular, but it'll be fun looking forward to her guest spot(s).

Since we've already seen Mikael and all the chaos and awesomeness Sebastian Roche brings to each scene, I'm more excited to see the calm destruction their mother will wreak. Although both Mikaelson parents sharing scenes in the present should be highly entertaining. And bringing back Kol will be absolutely hilarious! Nathaniel Buzolic probably has the time to do the Originals now that Bloodlines isn't happening *collective sigh of relief*. Although if Esther is the most powerful witch and created the otherside and all that blah blah blah stuff, you'd think she would try to find some way/spell to bring back Finn since he was the momma's boy of the bunch.

Either way I'm stoked about the whole new season and a more vicious Hayley! All the blood she's going to spill, and then subsequently drink, is going to be fantastic!
Flag
Common enemy(ies) and Isaac!!!!! OMG, I am so excited for this season.
Flag
Very,,, Freudian?
Flag
Follow this Show
Members