We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

A The Originals Community
Thursday 9:00 PM on The CW

The Originals S01E05: "Sinners and Saints"

If you think about it, pretty much everybody has an interesting backstory involving a secret massacre. Not only are massacres very easy to keep secret, they are very common and they happen to the best of us, all the time. Personally I can't even count all the secret massacres that have touched my family throughout the years, but if I had to guess, I'd say there've been at least seven? Some of these secret massacres were misunderstandings, sure, and one or two may have been hoodoo related, but the rest definitely involved blood feuds with mythological species, and I am frankly starting to get very ticked about all these massacres I've had to keep under wraps. Don't worry, I won't bore you with tales of all the secret massacres in my past, because I know you'd just be patiently waiting for me to be quiet so that you could talk about all the secret massacres in your past. But if there is one thing we all have in common it's that most of our friends and family were killed in secret massacres that nobody knows about. That is what unites us. All our secret massacres.

On this week's episode of The Originals: Everybody in the past died! "Sinners and Saints" was basically the TV version of somebody kicking over a cobblestone and pointing at all the dead potato bugs, because holy moly was the French Quarter a grim place eight months ago. After last week's sudden turn into the realm of forward-moving storytelling, "Sinners and Saints" returned to the campfire tale format of episodes past. But it turns out massive exposition dumps CAN be riveting so long as the stories are super dark? Also it helps if we haven't heard them before. I like new stories! "Sinners and Saints" was a very sharply written, dense episode in that it finally made certain characters and elements gel while finally elaborating on things that had only been hinted at previously. 

However: Shouldn't we be past the gelling stage at this point? Like sorry, dudes, but it's still a major problem that The Originals seems way more invested in the past than it does in the present. But who am I to argue with anything as entertaining as this episode was? Nobody! I am nobody to argue with anything. "Sinners and Saints" was solid, surprising, and seemingly essential to the story moving forward. (Nice work, Sheriff Forbes!)

Uh, news flash dot gif: WITCHES ARE INTERESTING NOW. Obviously witches are having a moment in pop culture these days, but I mean specifically the witches in The Originals, they are interesting now! (Sorry TVD, still no dice.) This episode filled in A LOT of the mythology The Originals had teased over its past few outings, and almost every missing piece of the puzzle was stamped with the phrase "witches did it." So first of all: Davina. As she explained to Elijah during her boudoir story hour, she'd become ultra-powerful after a botched ceremony in which four young witches were due to be ritualistically slaughtered in order to appease their bloodthirsty asshole ancestors. But Davina don't go out like that, so she fought against her elders (attracting the help of selfless do-gooder Marcel) and escaped that dumb ceremony. So now all the witches are after her in order to murder her and complete the ceremony and there's a ticking clock because if the witches fail they will lose all their powers. STAKES. Not only did this better explain why Davina hates the other witches, it explained her loyalty to Marcel. But most of all, it made the witches seem more powerful and devious than ever before. Especially that old lady witch in the flashbacks. Bastiana? How creepy was she?! Maybe it's just the shock of seeing someone on this show who appears older than 40, but I was VERY into Bastiana. Please tell me she's not dead. Lie to me, I don't care. Just please give me hope.

Even Sophie Deveraux became slightly more interesting this week. To her credit, she had attempted to stop the witch sacrifices, but she'd been too late and failed to save her niece. (Sophie's dead sister from the backdoor pilot had apparently had a TEENAGE daughter, because maybe teen witches need to start using actual birth control instead of, like, waving burning sage in front of their junk. Just a tip, teen witches!) But after witnessing Davina absorb the dead girls' powers, Sophie realized the ceremony was in fact WORKING and therefore she now needed to murder Davina in order to resurrect her niece. Or something? I frankly do not care because all that matters is Sophie is kind of a VILLAIN now and I am 100 percent rooting against her, which is a definite step up from taking a nap whenever she is on screen. But Sophie's newfound antagonistic qualities were really enhanced by how sympathetic Davina has become. In the span of two episodes I am completely invested in her emotionally. Particularly her burgeoning agency and how she vacillates between vulnerability and cleverness and Carrie-esque ESP freak-outs. Uh, and did you like that cold open wherein she teased a starving Elijah with a droplet of her own blood? That scene was either VERY sensuous or VERY troubling, depending on your local age of consent laws.

Oh, and this was fast: The church massacre that we only just learned about last week? Witches did THAT too. Turns out Cami's twin brother had been hexed by a witch. Part of me was like, "Ugh, witches are the worst." But at least witches are actually driving the story! Again, I hate to keep harping on how slapped-together this show's original concept was, but do you think it's a problem that the catalyst behind the show's very premise and now the people who are currently driving the narrative are NOT the title characters and not even the primary species of monster? Oh well, I guess I'm fine with the witches being more dynamic than the vampires at the moment. Whatever works. Oh but here's another quibble: Now that we've gotten to know more about Davina, learned what makes her tick, and seen her sort of defy Marcel's wishes, does it still make sense that the Mikaelsons haven't ripped Marcel's heart out yet? Again, The Originals has made great strides in correcting just how questionable the initial set-up was, but the unfortunate side effect of reverse-engineering these elements into coherence is that the central premise is now deteriorating rapidly. At this point Marcel can only still be alive because the main siblings WANT him to be, right? The idea that Marcel still has ANY leverage over Klaus flew out the window like an unwelcome guest in the church attic. At least Klaus finally punched Marcel across the room in this episode. At least that happened.

You know what else happened? A LOT of tingle-inducing moments. Anything with Elijah, especially the part where Hayley slapped his face and it felt like a kiss. Or the part where Rebekah forcefully informed Hayley that they are besties now. Loved that so much. Also Rebekah and Marcel's insanely sexy, mutual "I hate you" moment. Or when Klaus learned of the witch prophecy that Hayley's baby would bring about a witch holocaust: "I grow fonder of this child by the second." So good.

Look, I get it. I need to stop dwelling on certain aspects of The Originals (its premise and setting, for example) and just embrace the future (not that the show seems particularly interested in doing that either). The strengths of "Sinners and Saints"—particularly how it began building out the different warring factions and sub-factions into a sort of small-scale Game of Thrones scenario—portend big and satisfying rewards down the line. But it will always remain a personal preference of mine that the most exciting stories should NOT be past events. All my other favorite supernatural serials have had the foresight to actually begin their narratives at the most important inciting incident. That's just my preference when it comes to serials. If The Originals declines to be that kind of serial, fair enough. It's still a quality exercise in genre storytelling. But part of me is worried that this is what's known as an irreconcilable difference between The Originals and me, and we might just have to be friends rather than getting married, you know? That's not the relationship I had dreamed about, but it'll all probably work out fine for everybody anyway.

So yeah, "Sinners and Saints" was a solid and entertaining episode that still managed to frustrate me. That's just my own personal journey, I guess! 

QUESTIONS

... So, Hayley and Elijah, eh?

... Are you Team Davina or Team Sophie?

... Did those werewolf tracks seem too large to belong to a normal werewolf?

... Do you miss Bastiana?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 4/15/2016

Season 3 : Episode 18

Next Episode

AIRS ON 4/29/2016

Season 3 : Episode 19

332 Comments
Comments (332)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Sorry, I could care less about Davina.
Flag
You could care less? So you do care about her to some extent.
Flag
Only in the sense that she forms an alliance with Marcel and Klaus. If not, then she's boring and can just die off to make room for a better and bigger threat to my sexy vampires. I find her character dumb and whiny. She complains about Marcel not telling her about Agnes being dead, yet she lied to him first by pulling parlor tricks in order to stay in the church. So now, she's running around like the wronged party and looking to make trouble. Ugh! Whatever.
Flag
This is what ppl seemed to be forgetting. As much as ppl claimed to love Rebecca, they don't listen to her that well, it would seem. Remember when she said, Marcel is like Klaus' son? that they reunited to lost souls? Yeah, Marcel isn't Klaus' enemy in the way ppl think he should be. Even Klaus said that Marcel is his friend. But he's more than that. He's his son. He raised him, taught him everything he knew and Marcel has tried to make him proud. Notice how he's constantly quoting everything Klaus taught him? Marcel is probably the only vampire Klaus ever turned that he loved. That mattered to him. That's why he doesn't want to kill Marcel. My only complaint about the show, is that they seemed to forget their own groundwork they laid regarding their storytelling. I'm happy to see them revisit that in the midseason ep. I hope they make them closer as the series progresses.
Flag
okay 1. so Haley is part of the family, by having klaus baby... There will not be any Haley Elijah. Because then Elijah would need to compromise his ideals and then he would just disintegrate where he is standing!
You don't poke the mother of your brothers baby! Especially if your awesome like Elijah
Then I don't thing you(Price) should be to hard on the past-arcs. It is just episode 5 and this was major exposition. Personally I believe we will get a lot more of present plot now that most of the setup is clear.
Lastly, can we please finaally get some proper witch action? There is always talk of crazy powerful witches.... but then they die or do some ritual. What about good old fashioned firestorms, or lightnings, or I don't know... throwing houses.
Awesome episode though. Can't get enough of this !
Flag
I don't know whether I'm rooting for Hayley and Elijah or not, but I don't think it would be a problem. It would be one thing if she and Klaus had ever actually dated or liked each other, but I don't think a one night stand, even one that results in a pregnancy, precludes she and Elijah from liking each other. I mean, it's clear Klaus isn't interested in her that way at all! He's busy with Caroline! (Oh, wait, who do they want us to ship him with, Cami? Blech! I mean, she wasn't AS bad last week, but she's no Caroline, you know?)
Flag
Hayley + Elijah = YES, PLEASE !!
TEAM MIKAELSON (Klaus, Elijah, Rebekah, Hayley and Baby Mikaelson)
Dire Wolves?? Lykens?? Descended from Lycaon, the original werewolf (Greek mythology)??
Bastiana adds age and depth to the witches' story-line, so yeah.
Flag
I got major tingles during the entire Elijah/Hayley scene. OOOH GIRL GET THESE TWO TOGETHER!
Flag
1) Elijah and Hayley definitely!!
2) Team Davina, I think. Though, who seems to be the "bad guy" seems to change from week to week. So, we'll see...
3) They seemed regular to me.
4) Eh...

Also, no Cami this ep = totally awesome ep, for me (imo).
Flag
Great chemistry and great turn of events. I agree that the witches indeed became interesting now - Sophie is a villain! Nice.

I am totally feeling Hayley and Elijah. Hayley is related to some super werewolves probably.

Bastiana was the worst, so in a way she was great.

I don't have anything against past episodes as long as it's not an intentional filler episode, this was certainly anything but. Currently I am more interested in The Originals than TVD.
Flag
After watching this episode, I've surprisingly realized that I'm actually feeling quite tingly whenever Elijah appears onscreen. I was wondering why the show seemed to have lost its flavor after the pilot, then this episode happened and voila - I had my answer. Elijah,....*tingles*
Him and Hayley had such an intense chemistry, I am practically drooling to see what happens next and how it will develop. And to make it even more delicious - I am imagining (hoping) for a much better love triangle than the boring Elena-Stefan-Damian one. Ugh. Imagine Hayley in love with Elijah, him reciprocating the sentiment, while at the same time torn by his loyalty to his brother, as the father of her child. Then imagine Klaus developing a growing sentiment toward Hayley, expressed at first by protectiveness, which extends from the unborn child to her. Then jealousy because he could sense her feelings toward Elijah, and a determination to win her heart for himself...Tell me, doesn't that sound magnificent??? *Sigh*

Reluctantly changing the subject to the other characters - it is true what you say about Divina - her character has undergone a 180 degrees turn for me, and I would imagine for most people as well, because my first impression of her was "ugh. Some super witch kid with attitude on a high horse". But now I can see where she is coming from, and the build-up since last episode, where she met her old crush from school, has shown us her human vulnerability and made me actually like her.

Marcel is still annoying, despite the revealed knowledge of him being the savior, as opposed to the power-hungry witches. Why am I not surprised about the witches' motives? How annoying are they?

As for Hayley and Rebecca - I love their bonding process. Rebecca with her need for acceptance and true friendship/love, and Hayley - the well guarded orphan werewolf, ever defensive, with her walls dropping slowly every time she gets saved by Rebecca's great timing in dire situations.

I love this show. So much more interesting than the Vampire diaries, which has went on a tangent so much that it is practically unrecognizable anymore. I truly hope they pick a second season and then another...
I would hate to see another good show go down the drain, like they did with The Secret Circle. I'm still not over that.
More+
Flag
No love triangle! No, no, no! I like love pairs, and I like unreciprocated love. . . which is sometimes then reciprocated later, etc, but NO TRIANGLE!

But back to Elijah. . . *tingle*. ;)
Flag
Tell me, doesn't that sound magnificent??? *Sigh*

Nope. No triangles please. At least not for a long time. WAY too soon.
Flag
Lol, ...well don't mind my sappy drooling fantasies. In all seriousness I know what you mean, though I'm sure if they ever go down that road, it would still be nothing like the neverending stupidity saga that turned out to be the other infamous triangle... :D
Flag
As I'm reading the comments, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who finds The Originals more interesting than TVD this season. I wanted Damon and Elena together so badly and now that they are...I'm bored lol
Flag
given up watching TVD after season 4. was looking forward to Originals badly and man it did not disappoint. a single epi of Originals is better than crappy TVDS4. the only reason i was watching tvd was or originals. there is nothing left to watch in that. still the same love triangle -_-
Flag
Poll

Flag
People keep saying this, but I don't think it's a fair assessment. TVD now or TVD 1st, 2nd & 3rd season? It's two completely different things. And honestly, who thought TVD was going to survive without the Originals? The Originals have been a factor in TVD for 3 seasons straight. Taking them out caused massive damage.
Flag
Its better than whatever they're passing it off as now. I'm officially more excited about this show each week than TVD.
Flag
Agreed. TVD in the beginning? No, TVD now? A LOT of things are better than TVD now.
Flag
I stopped watching TVD a little while ago. I kept meaning to get back to it, but there always seemed something more interesting to watch. I'm not even sure why I bothered watching the first episode of The Originals but I'm so glad I did - absolutely hooked! I'm enjoying pretty much everyone in the show (with the possible exception of Cami, although I have to admit her scene in her bedroom with Klaus was really good) so I hope it doesn't disappoint in the future. And witches are finally interesting! Bonnie take note!
Flag
Just the mere fact Elijah is upright, talking, gliding (man just never seems to be walking) and gazing, has made The Originals ten times better. Rebekah and Marcel; I didn't get it at first, but in a five second steamy starefest...I got it pretty quick...the girl that works at the bar-whatever her name will have to die at some point. Unless Klaus finds her interesting, and why would he when Haley's running around and Caroline is a free agent. Wonder does Klaus do long distance relationships? IMO Marcel is still alive as the reviewer said because of Klaus, who thinks he's in charge because Elijah seems to let him. Elijah's really running the show even when he was in a casket with a knife protruding from his torso.
Flag
IMO Marcel is still alive as the reviewer said because of Klaus, who thinks he's in charge because Elijah seems to let him. Elijah's really running the show even when he was in a casket with a knife protruding from his torso.

They usually go back and forth. Elijah's the older brother so naturally Klaus slips back into that younger brother role from time to time, especially when he wrongs Elijah. But Klaus is the strongest in the family so he often controls things too.
Flag

"because maybe teen witches need to start using actual birth control instead of, like, waving burning sage in front of their junk."

LMAO I'm dying over here.
Flag
Yep, was definitely my favorite line of the review! Haha, waving burning sage in front of their junk! Hahaha.
Flag
I agree, the opening scene where Davina was teasing Elijah with her blood was soooo good that I couldn't help but felt great chemistry between them. Daniel Gillies is great, he's like Nina Dobrev who can create good chemistry with other characters. I loved the chemistry between Elijah-Katherine, Elijah-Hayley, and now Elijah-Davina.
Flag
I have been and still am a huge fan of TVD. But since the Originals have left the show, it has been somewhat disappointing (I am still not buying Silas-Stefan as the big villan, that Klaus was, or Elijah/Rebekah at times), which emphasizes the strength of the three original characters and the actors.
Good thing, that they have their own show now... Amazing cast, interesting characters, a nicely developing story and the perfect setting in New Orleans (And I surely cannot be the only one who is in love with the sensational music every episode). Brilliant
The Originals > TVD

And yeah, there was definitely sth, between Elijah and Hayley, not just on Elijah's part (and who can blame him), that look Hayley gave him when he hugs Rebekah, damn.
I was shocked at the wolf tracks as well, looked like a crossover between Wolverine and The Hulk, must be one big, scary wolf.

Flag
Hayley's granddad maybe?
Flag
1) Noooo! Elijah is mine!

2) Team Davina! Team Sophie is annoying...

3) Werewolves...

4) I love saying her name. I may use it as a curse word....

:)
Flag
Its hilarious that suddenly Elijah came into this ep like a sex god or something. An honorable and sexy (and smart?) 1000 yr old Vamp? Always thought that was the intended role for Klaus in future episodes... what is the writers trying to do here?!?!
Flag
No, that's always been Elijah's role. Honorable, sexy, impeccably dressed, and mysterious. He's the older brother who tries to reign in the crazy while Klaus maliciously controls everything around him, including their family. Klaus is a mastermind with the face of an angel, the heart of a devil, and an explosive, impulsive temper to match.
Flag
Klaus is a mastermind with the face of an angel, the heart of a devil, and an explosive, impulsive temper to match. Oh, yes. YES! Exactly!
Flag
Finally! I understand everyone's motive... I hope this show keeps improving.
Flag
YES! Finally ,it makes sense.
ELijah and Davina vibe WEIRD ,VERY DISTURBING.
Still It seems the show has too many characters.(not very interesting ones).
So far Cami is useless and there's the werewolf part (,more characters that I don't care about. )
I don't buy Marcel as equal as any of the originals .

Flag
*honorable one)
Flag
Ugh, Hayley .... Get in lime bitch, cos u ain't the first one who wants The Honotable one! We all wants him and badly .... Seriously, he is like Barney Stinson of TO - awesome squared. Cool episode is all I can say!
Flag
Wow..i love this show, Elijah is fantastic and then theres Claus..really like Rebecca.....THEN there's New Orleans....oh it's all too much...Brialliant.!! These characters have to be on tv!
Flag
brialliant....really!!!
Flag
Yup, the more I watch The Originals, the more I see how boring TVD has become. Incidentally, for the first time, I fast forwarded the latest episode of TVD and decided, enuff already. Seriously, no more Bonnie and her broomstick and how many lives does Stephan has to go back to to make a point? Geez. Anyways, good job The Originals, keep up the great work-you get better with each episode ! Fangs for the memories weekly!
Flag
Still a much better show then TVD right now.
Flag
This episode did so so well in making the new characters interesting. Davina, Sophie and Cammie are all cool now. But what on earth has this to do with The Originals. If Jane-Anne wanted to revive her daughter why again did she make 'a move against Klaus'? What has any of this to do with Haley? Why did Sophie link herself to Haley if her goal is to kill Davina? Does Marcel know he's kind of the WEAKEST person in the entire French Quarter? So many questions so little time to re-watch the episodes and make sense of it.
Flag
My thought is that the witches wanted Klaus to take out Davina. They aren't powerful enough to do it alone (though maybe all together they would be?), but probably knew enough about him to know that asking for his help that way wouldn't be enough to draw him in. If he targets Marcel, as he's doing, he absolutely would benefit from Davina being removed from the equation. While Klaus and Elijah both want Davina on their side, maybe the witches assumed he would kill Davina to get to Marcel. Just speculation on my part, though. In the same way, Hayley may have been just another rope to hook and pull in Klaus once they learned about the baby. Sophie's link to Hayley is probably the only thing that's keeping Klaus from killing her at times.
Flag
I loved this episode, I love this show. I don't care about whether the stories are back stories or stuff moving the main plot ahead, it's all so damn good!
The Vampire Diaries lost my interest about the time we ended up with two Matts (though it was nice he finally got to ACT rather than just being part of the scenery), and two Stefans and three (or is it four?) Elenas. I am so, so over doppelgangers!
And Elijah is back!! That guy is awesome.
Flag
I think this episode was great. You know we don't need every episode a lot of dead bodies and killing etc....sometimes simply telling a story so that the rest of the series can continue are fine too...like this episode...
Loved how they told the Davina story and how she became she powerful and the connection between her and Marcel...
Elijah, the always so gentleman is now going to teach her of give her the tools...can't wait...
So Sophie is actuallly the bad one...she wants Davina dead, otherwise they will loose their powers...
Haley is getting more her own storyline, which i like about finding her parents and the wolves that keep following her....
Like where this series is going with the storylines...!!
Flag
The witches are now at the wheel but they might as well be wall decorations in that bar everyone's always in. They never seem to get things right. What happened to sorcery and spell-casting being badass and scary? Between the unfinished witchy rituals in tvd and this show, it's safe to say the guild needs a manager. Glad Cami was MIA this episode. The only thing I loved about this week's "storytime" was the fact that Elijah's back to prevent me from finding Klaus annoying (his snark, smirks, and smugness can't carry the show alone, like really) and Rebekah and Marcel's continued sexual tension. The two of them are pretty hilarious with their "fighting" which is essentially just foreplay. Chemistry is insaaane. Sophie's scene at the end, her crouching in the rain by the headstone while Elijah postulated how dangerous she could be, was pretty bizarre. She doesn't look like she could conjure dinner much less take down Davina and a bunch of vampires.
Flag
She doesn't look like she could conjure dinner much less take down Davina and a bunch of vampires.

LOL! Agreed. Between this and Hayley's complete ignorance of basic linguistics, TO needs to work on their dramatic endings. Even with Elijah's speech, I said "um....Sophie? Really Elijah? The witch who whines every time she has to do something?"
Flag
I think it can be stated that Elijah has chemistry with like everyone. Elijah has got to be one of my favorite characters, thank goodness he is now awake! Personally, I like Sophie's character. I find this new development fleshes out her character. So what if she has alternate motivations to linking herself to Haley? She's an aunt who wants her niece back. Isn't family the underlaying theme is this show? As if the originals are not shady themselves or have not done questionable things in the past. It doesn't make her a bitch. People can not be defined in terms of black or white, there are gray areas. For me, this makes her character more complex and most importantly, human. I really hope Elijah and Haley don't get together. Yea, they have chemistry but I only see his attention towards her as concern for the baby. Almost as if this baby will be a way to reconnect and strengthen his relationship with his siblings. Haley is just there. I do however want to see more of her past because as of now, i don't see her as more than the baby carrier. I want to see her character be more fleshed out too, specifically her connection to the Bayou. Overall I liked this episode, it filled in a lot of blank spots.
More+
Flag
The witches have really created a mess. They never should have performed the sacrifice but now that they have and if Divina dying would bring back all the girls then maybe that's what they should do. I am conflicted but definitely don't trust those witches.

They thought it was ok to hex a man who then killed 12 men just for power? Not good!
Flag
Good episode. Got pretty caught up in the whole storytelling about the harvest.
Remember when we first met Elijah back in the TVD days? How he was known as the most dangerous, malicious, ferocious vampire ever? That was before we met Klaus. They're all like cute puppies now. Dunno if I like where it's heading. The originals used to be pretty much impossible to hurt even the slightest.....now they seem borderline weak.

Anyways, how cute and gorgeous is Danielle Campbell as Davina?? Answer: Pretty damn cute
Flag
Agreed, there's nothing wrong with biding your time and scheming, but I wish they would stop acting like puppets and actually pull the string like they're suppose to. Aside from the masquerade, we haven't seen any scheming on their parts, just them trying to haphazardly cover their own ass (to protect the baby) and fix Klaus' mistake.
Flag
I am loving The Originals. I'm over the Elena worship on TVD. The Originals is filling that gap nicely. Way better than expected.
Flag
So does that mean you hate TVD now? If am not mistaken neither brother is worshiping Elena its a bit past that now. Elana seems to have grown quite nicely, remember TVD was based on a teen so that's what you got in the beginning.
Flag
No hate. Just over it. I have simply fallen out of love. The only storyline's that interest me in the slightest is the Caroline / Jesse / Professor Blondie story (hoping/expecting Tyler to show up on The Originals, I heart him) and Matt's involvement with the travellers. O-V-E-R Damon, Elena/Katherine, Stefan, Jeremy, Bonnie... especially Ian & Nina's facial expressions.

P.S. Sophie on The Originals is a terrible actress. She's the only part I'm really not digging.
Flag
Sophie is terrible! She did not sell that party girl act at all. Her acting is so poor next to Joseph, Daniel, and Clair. Ugh
Flag
Elijah needs love. I'll take him with nearly anyone. :)

Davina is fabulous. I want her to a) hook up with that cute violinist from last episode ('cause c'mon. What's a better excuse to go see a guy than, 'Hey, I have this violin that my Original bestie fixed because I blew it across the massacre-church with my witchy powers---I mean you lost.' I need this conversation to happen.) and b) get out from under Marcel's nasty oppressiveness (I dug her refusal to leave the creepy massacre-church attic this episode. Perfection.)

I TOTALLY CALLED IT HAYLEY IS A WOLF WHISPERER. I mean she has a 'protective wolf' that follows her everywhere and saves her ass all the freakin' time. Because Marcel confirmed early that there wasn't a full moon, and yet we all saw the wolf. Hayley will interest me more if she's something way cooler than a werwolf, FYI.

Sophie as a villain is not very intimidating. Not buying it. She's not powerful enough. Davina, absolutely. She's one uber-powerful time bomb, and I love it.

Klaus continues to be great.

Rebekah didn't do much this episode, and I miss episode two, when she murdered tons of folks.

Marcel needs to be better at ruling the French Quarter. When Davina deserts him (which come on, of course she's going to do he's an ass and Elijah is so kind to her) he'll basically be without any power. He needs more witchy friends. Also didn't buy that he and Sophie were lovers. He gave no reasons for him to hate her (or her sister, remember he killed Jane Anne in the pilot) now.

The Royal Hybrid Princess is still great. Her bringing around the doom of witches (and Klaus' response to this news) is perfect.

Wish stuff would happen, but pleased with this episode overall.
More+
Flag
Yeah, it seems a bit weird that the whole reason Marcel crashed the ritual thing was because Sophie told the priest who told Marcel (am I getting that right?)? Anyways, what's up with them? He seemed very reasonable 8 months ago, and so did Sophie. It's like all those massacres really put a damper on things.
Flag
Right? That backstory doesn't line up in his case. We need more puzzle pieces for this to make sense.
Flag
Could be that Tyler is looking after her and may make an appearance on the show before he heads back to TVD. Which by the way Julie Plec needs to get her thumb out of her ass and bring Tyler back and use the poor actor instead of keeping him bound to a contract if they are not going to use him much so that the actor can find steady work.
Flag
I have no idea. I'm not watching TVD anymore. Got too ridiculous and nobody was explaining their motivations.
Flag
Amen. I still have no idea why Bonnie died or what the deal with Silas/Qetsiyah is, and I don't care.
Flag
Have you seen Reign, though? It's fabulous.
Flag
In TVD's defense: that was kind of the premise of the show. Immortal dead guy choses a boring town of all places to go to high school again because he is hot for the doppelgänger of his ex who just lost her parents in a car accident and has a friend who can't drive and is also a witch now? Why did anyone do anything in the pilot? Nobody knows. Nobody will ever know. But it's wonderful entertainment.
Flag
But a brilliant cast of two in a less-brilliant cast of many is not fun anymore. I don't want to have to sit through eight minutes of Bonnie complaining and hand-lighting candles, or Elena being indecisive about everything to get to Caroline's one or two lines, or for Katherine to do something Katherine-ish. The payoff is not worth the cost.
Flag
I didn't realize how much I missed Elijah :)

I think those wolves are Hayley's family.

Flag
So, Elijah and Hayley with chemistry is less detestable than I was expecting (dare I say cute?)

Team davina please, Sophie is hard to like and mopey

Price you would complain if we never found out Davina's backstory. It gives the present more meaning so let's just let that happen and not be frantic that we won't ever get new story. It's not like it's going to be a show of permanent backstories lol. Patience price!

Some great comic lines in this ep, that first scene where we almost saw Elijah's vamp face has me so excited and his control is just delicious.

Klaus being the love of my life as always, but how come he only broke that vamp's neck and he didn't come back to tell marcel what was up? Shouldn't he have ripped his heart out? Still, great ep, bravo sheriff forbes indeed
Flag
I love my Klausykins too but I find myself thinking the same thing every episode: why the eff doesn't he just kill Marcel? He could do it in like 2 seconds, with both hands tied behind his back.
Flag
Well, as we all know by now, Klaus has a soft spot. For a lot of things. Perky, sassy blondes, his art studio, his family, etc. He doesn't actually wish to kill Marcel, who he raised as a son. He just wants to put him in his place, ya know? Typical Klaus.
Flag
I've accepted that Klaus wouldn't kill Marcel because of their connection and because stealing the kingdom from under Marcel's nose is probably way more fun to him, but he's really not making good decisions lately.
Flag
I was wondering what Klaus was thinking too. I imagine he didn't want the guy to go completely missing and make Marcel suspicious, but he's just gonna wake up and tell Marcel anyway. Unless Klaus kidnapped him and planned to bleed the vervain out of his system before compelling him. He'd still be missing though...I just don't know.
Flag
1. Okay, so I'm just wondering about the whole love-triangle thing - Klaus/Hayley/Elijah. I know the writers and cast have denied that Klaus will have any romantic relations at the moment, but it seriously feels like they are building up a triangle. In ep 3 and 4 - I'm pretty sure (that rhymes) - Klaus looked less than pleased at Hayley's apparent fondness of Elijah, and when Elijah went after Hayley in this episode, he didn't look too pleased, either. They may be small hints, but in romance they are pretty large indications. Is NO ONE else seeing this? I'm seriously feeling a triangle coming our way. What's bad is that it's two brothers like in TVD - otherwise...I'd bee pretty open to those three, but I ship Klayley. Please, if they're going to do it, do it WELL because love on these things get really bad really quick.
As for romance (ugh), I DO NOT ship Klaroline anymore. I feel bad mentioning it. But we've had no mentions of her or Katerina - Kalijah - from Elijah, either, and yet they are building up triangles and romances with Hayley. I don't want Caroline any where near TO, but hey.

2. The show has been pretty good with making us like controversial characters. Many strongly disliked Hayley, and now people are staring to love her or like her, and people are open to her having a romance with Elijah and/or Klaus. That says a lot.
Cami was BEYOND boring and annoying for me and many others before, but now she is okay (in my opinion) and serves a purpose.
Davina was largely disliked, but now people are starting to like/love her and feel for her.
Sophie hasn't had much time to make us like her more, but there was an improvement in this episode.

3. I don't think them building up on the past is a problem - how are we supposed to know the character's back stories otherwise?

4. The Hayley/Rebekah bonding was soooo cute!

5. Yeah...the Davina/Elijah scene did seem kinda sensuous... But then, blood sharing or taking is, sooo... The whole drinking blood has been a sort of sex metaphor for a long time. I don't know!

I am really enjoying this, and looking forward to what it has to offer! Next ep looks great!
More+
Flag
I don't think the triangle will be Klau Elijah Hayley-if anything Klaus was just jealous of her liking Elijah more. Like everyone should love Klaus best. Also I'm sure Klaus feels like Elijah is stealing hi thunder since it is his baby momma and all. But Marcell, Cami and Klaus looks to be a triangle. At least they aren't brothers!

And did anybody else love the call back where Klaus called Marcell "Marcellous" because when he told Klaus how he saved Davina when he saw her fight back, that reminded Klaus of the reason he saved Marcell from slavery, when he saw him fight back? Brought a tear to my eye.
Flag
No way do I want Klaus/Cami/Marcel. Just...please, no.

And, yes, I noticed that. :)
Flag
I still ship Klaroline, but it's definitely too early for her to make an appearance no matter how much I want to see them together.

I don't actually think Klaus' behavior towards Hayley is based on romantic feelings. He has serious trust and abandonment issues and he doesn't just direct those towards Rebekah despite popular belief. Also, when he asked Hayley why she likes Elijah, that wasn't really about jealousy, but more about Klaus not being able to comprehend human interaction. How could she possibly like Elijah so much after only knowing him a short time? He just doesn't get it. Klaus knows that he doesn't interact well with people, but on another level he doesn't understand why people can't get along with him. Lastly, whether Klaus has feelings for her or not, it is kind of weird to have Elijah hooking up with his baby mama. I think Klaus recognizes this as well. We all know he's possessive and right now she's pregnant, that's what Klaus really cares about. Elijah hooking up with her just makes it messy.
Flag
On the last episode of TVD, it appears that Tyler has left Caroline's life to hunt Klaus. It was nice to actually have Klaus's name mentioned on that show. This could be the beginning of bringing back Klaroline!!!!
Flag
No. no.no. no.no.no.no.no.no..no.no. I cannot deal with Caroline. Don't tell me Caroline is coming. Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Flag
I'm laughing so hard at you lol. I'm sick of looking at Cami, Caroline 2.0. The original is so much better.
Flag
Fully agree with your comment.
Flag
If there's a love triangle coming, it would be rather Klaus-Cami-Marcel than Klaus-Hayley-Elijah. Think Klaus slowly get used to the baby-making-us-family-again-thing, but he and Haylay - it was a one night stand and they made this both very clear. And I don't think Marcel takes the thread from the priest very serious when it comes to Cami!!
Flag
1.Hayley and Elijah is a lot better than Katherine and Elijah, so yeah, I'm all for it. They have a cute vibe thing going on. Or is it just me? Then again, eh...I ship everyone :)
2.Even though I think that Sophie might be right, I still don't buy anything the other witches have to say on the matter. Regardless of who's right, I'm team Davina-I sympathise with her now. Powerfull she might be, but in a damsel -in-distress sort of way. I don't want to see her die, even though I think it's inevitable.
3.Yes, what was that anyway!?
4.Do I?She has to be the oldest character ever featured in tvd or the originals,kinda cool to see people who actually age.
Flag
TVD is losing ground week by week... there's a new great show in town!
Flag
killing Bastiana broke my heart. she was such an adorable darling cough cough ...
anyway thanks for the review! if u'd do photo recaps to this show, id be super happy. u used to do photo recaps to the Secret Circle which i enjoyed reading. Now only TVD photo recaps aint enough for me and i am sure more people think like this ;)
But most importantly ... at least u re writing reviews again and that's the best <3
Flag
Everyone's talking about Bastiana, but how come no one is mentioning how awful that Agnes Witch has become? she started out as a seemingly innocuous older lady. then tried to kill Hayley and CAUSED the church massacre!! She might as well be the big bad!
Flag
Price... I totes miss Bastiana. This world could have used a little adult supervision!
Flag
I also have a love hate relationship for this episode.
Love: Davina and Marcel's back story was great. It explained their loyalty to one another along with Davina's powers and stance against the witches. PS: Why doesn't Marcel have the red vamp eyes?

Hate 1: This episode did not improve Sophie's character at all. What kind of explanation is "I don't believe"? Saying she's against the ritual to protect the girls? Understandable. Saying she didn't care because she yearned for normalcy? Acceptable. But saying that an adult witch, from a fully functioning coven, does not believe in something magical is just dumb. And her working with Jane Anne to kill Davina? Sorry, but didn't she say to HERSELF in both pilots "You got me into this Jane Anne?" (I see the contradictions in writing too Price!) Again, I say, either she has the balls for "by any means necessary", or she doesn't. Until Sophie actively participates in this war without complaint, I will not be convinced she has enough backbone for this desperate wild card/ "big bad" storyline.

Hate 2: It makes much more sense that the witches are partially responsible for their own downfall, however, even WITH their powers they were weak. Aside from Davina, TO witches are still more disappointing than TVD...

Hate 3: Why did Rebekah leave Marcel? That was AWFULLY convenient considering it's the ONLY reason she was there. It's bad enough Klaus is using her as a distraction, but now the writer's are making her a stupid one? Have Marcel snap her neck or something, but stop acting like Rebekah is completely incompetent, especially in regards to the baby's protection.

Questions:
1) That is Elijah's face! You do NOT hit that face! (Sidenote: So close to vamp Elijah!) And idc how much of a crush she has, that felt over-dramatic.
2) Davina, duh. See rant above. Also, notice that all Sophie really did in the flashback was tell the priest. That would have worked just as well, or better, if Davina confided in him instead. Sophie = removable? Hmm...
3) Definitely. Is TO going to have an actual Wolfman? o.O
4) Ugh no. That whole massacre/hex was ridiculous. It was just for shock value and to strengthen our hatred for the witches. It would have been better if she performed the Hex AFTER the priest told Marcel and half the coven was massacred. It makes much more sense as an act of vengeance than a distraction. This show really needs to work on everyone's motivations. The writing is not as smart as it could be.
More+
Flag
My only complaint is the present day Rebekkah and Marcel relationship. She is way to good for him! At least the present day version of him. Hayley and Elijah are already so cute and they've hardly spent any time together and I'm loving her growing friendship with Rebekkah. It's about time she found herself a cool girlfriend!

As far as the whole Devina/witches plot line, it seems like if everyone would just sit down and have a calm, honest conversation it would solve a lot. It's my understanding that if they kill Devina then all 4 witches will come back, including her best friend. Did I miss something?
Flag
Not only that, but WHY is still hung up on him? They were hinting that a lot more happened between them then Klaus realizes, but come on! Marcel betrayed her and now he's their enemy. If he found out about the baby, he would kill it so what is Rebekah thinking? It's moments like these that make me lose sympathy for her. Don't blame Klaus for killing your boyfriend when you're the one who fell for the enemy.

Davina doesn't believe them though because they already lied once which is understandable, but I get the feeling Eljiah will be the one to convince her. I kind of like the idea of Elijah taking on Davina as a ward. It would be a nice contrast to the Klaus/Marcel bond.
Flag
YES! Elijah is probably the perfect person to take her under his wing! Love it!
Flag
It would be fun of Hayley's people were some kind of dire wolf werewolf pack, because the TVD werewolves are not very scary.
Flag
I know! I saw those claw marks on the tree and I said what? Wolfman?
Flag
I feel this is a very "the enemy, of my enemy, is my friend" show. I love that this episode showcased exactly why this is happening. I think there will be interesting, 'scratch my back and i'll scratch yours' liaisons between each faction throughout the series. Could this ep have happened sooner? Oh god yes. We came in to this thinking that it was Klaus wants to take over NO from Marcel. The end. I had no faith in that premise, despite not knowing anything about these characters from TVD world, since i'm not a fan of that gooey hot mess of a show.
Now we find out Marcel and Davina are sympathetic characters. Sophie is a cold hearted bitch (respect) with a now very interesting agenda. Even Cami has a purpose. As i said, i'm not familiar with these Originals from TVD, but i'm guessing that they were more brutal, somehow, in TVD than they are here. Could that be situational? Sure. It is kind of obvious to me that they weren't TVD's focus, they were probably more one dimensional, we are evil, characters. Now that they're fleshed out, they seem more human and do things with reasoning. Why hasn't Klaus killed Marcel? Um, because there's that inkling of emotion called love that he can't fully understand that prevents him from killing him. It's psychological. I think that's what I like best about this whole setup. It's playing more to the psychological aspect of these characters, and to me, that's important.
Hopefully from here (it's real beginning) it only goes up.
More+
Flag
Yeah just to echo the others, klaus was the most complicated character tvd has ever had. It wouldn't be a bad thing to check out the eps which focus on the originals. There have already been many sides to him-even glimpses of love and compassion, plus we did get to see some great brutality which might be rarer on this show with him as the protagonist. 'O come all ye faithful' would be a good example and is a brilliant portrayal of his loneliness.
Flag
Not gonna lie: I'd love to see Klaus doing some serious hybrid (or vampire, or werewolf, or witch) slaughtering one of these days...
Flag
That episode was amazing! So many sides to Klaus in one sitting and the true power of an Original.
Flag
The Originals were fleshed out in TVD - Klaus and Rebekah were, anyway. Elijah was sort of.
Flag
Actually, they were very fleshed out in TVD. They became anti-heroes/villains, it's why they got their own show.

My issue isn't Klaus against Marcel, it's that Klaus hasn't made a move towards the witches. He's been very idle in that regard. They haven't even discussed unlinking Hayley.
Flag
Patience my friend, nothing in this world can equal His vengeance! We shall witness great things, I'm quite positive about it!

Flag
I like that approach. My only problem with The Originals is indeed how passive Klaus has been. Is this his show? Does he even still want things? Has he lost his manipulative planning and decapatating throwing skills? I hope that when the mythology of the witches comes to a head Klaus swoops in and ends all of it by November Sweeps starts kicking some witches.
Flag
I see your point and I'm a lot disappointed myself...though I am an optimist till the end and really feel it in my bones that Klaus will be back...it's only the 5th episode, and many more to come. Can't be other way!

Flag
Seriously where is the Klaus that gathers all his intel, figures out everyone's position on the chess board, devises 20 strategies accounting for everyone's motives and then plays the game? Klaus is a mastermind. He may be impulsive and prone to temper tantrums, but he's more then aware of it. Either way, his actions have been lacking in both regards. There's no way he would just be hearing about all this witch stuff. He would have wheedled Sophie for info a long time ago. Now if she had convincingly allied herself with the Originals and told only half the story or lied, things would be different. The reveal would have been much more shocking when they learned the full story from Marcel and Davina. But the Originals trusted her judgement and let her continue her secrecy too easily, which lowered the stakes. Now we're suppose to be afraid of Sophie because she's desperate? Just because they say so?
Flag
I agreed with pretty much all of your points except for your feelings that the originals should have killed Marcel by now. I personally gathered from all the episodes that they won't kill Marcel because he matters to them and (in the case of Klaus and Rebekah) they love him. Klaus literally raised him as his son and Rebekah fell for him a long time ago. Even though they act emotionless most of the time family is important to them and Marcel is part of that family.

I felt the reason Marcel didn't kill his vampire and instead punished him was meant to mirror Klaus' intentions with Marcel. He cares too much to get rid of him but still wants him to realize his place.
Flag
I'm all for the developing relationship with Elijah and Haley what every it may be. And he'll yes those tracks in the dirt looked way to big for a normal werewolf I don't even think klaus's form is that big, maybe it's a very old alpha of the pack werewolf possibly part of her family line.
Flag
I have this feeling that Davina will eventually die. Otherwise what good are the witches on this show if they lose their powers. But what will make it interesting, is whether Davina dies by force, or if she chooses to do so, eventually coming to the realization that her death actually will resurrect her friends. That would be pretty cool plot for the character, one that would be full of character development.

Honestly , the whole thing just sounds like one big misunderstanding. Just die already Davina.
Flag
I'm hoping that Elijah will convince her. That's the feeling I got. I hope they continue developing that bond. I want Elijah to truly take Davina under his wing, like a ward. It would be a nice contrast to Klaus and Marcel.
Flag
I don't think Marcel was ever a premise, they want to kick that off to give an excuse for the Mikaelsson to return to a place they had been before which is part of their charm, they have so much history due to their age which is why, as a flashback fanatic, will adore every one of them (except for that crap when Elijah made an old scene in Rebekah's head). I also don't really care that the main story itself is lacking as long as I get to see more of them dealing whatever they have to deal with but I must say its lacking even more than I thought.

Soon Devina will survive passed that harvest, Marcel loses all leverage but he's still an old friend so it makes no sense for Klaus or his siblings to kill him, just leave him be and the witches will lose the powers which only leave the baby. What they have planned for the show must be focused on that but I hope the show can stay on for that long.
Flag
Agreed. When I first heard about this show, I honestly wanted it to be one big flashback. The Originals through the centuries. Each season could be a different time period. And their flashbacks are always SO much better than the Salvatores (even on TVD) because of their long and rich history. It makes the mystery never ending. Plus we could see and learn more about the other Originals. I miss Kol.

And yes, the whole Marcel thing never made much sense. The way you describe it is much more logical. The problem is, now that him and Davina are actually sympathetic characters, how long can they fight these weak willed witches? They didn't even fight back during that ritual so how are they going to fight the Originals? I don't see the longevity either and that makes me nervous/sad.
Flag
I was also hoping for a flashback show, would have made more sense. That way they could have brought back Kol and even Mikael, I mean Mikael was the only person that ever truly scared Klaus especially after he became a vampire because he knew that his very existance disturbed Mikael. I suppose though it could be hard to acquire viewers that way but with the right time of director(s) and producers it would have been possible at least.

Devina and Marcel's relationship is complicated and that makes it interesting, I hope they focus some energy on keeping it that way. When Haley was attacked last episode I was hoping there was a third party involved which may be that Guardian Angel that saved her. Maybe even connected to her birthmark.
Flag
That's what they're going for, but I'm worried that they're introducing too many elements at once. The vampires, the witches, the baby, and now the werewolves? And in that convo between Marcel and Father Kiernan they were also hinting at a possible battle with the humans. You can't exhaust all your plot lines in the first season! It would be one thing if they did mega arcs in single episodes like TVD use to do all the time (RIP amazingly crazy episodes), but they're still at the exposition stage and things just keep piling on. The Originals haven't even gotten their full bearings yet on the situation. The writers need to work with what they have before they overload and back themselves into a corner.
Flag
Okay this episode made me seriously go HUH?!?!?!?

So if the witches don't do their thing in time, which Marcel is all for, witches lose all their powers. But... Doesn't Marcel still needs witches? Daylight rings? It just seems seriously counter productive.

Second, the entire premise of this show makes no darn sense.
So I already bitched enough about how the pilot set the witches as forcing Klaus to go by their rules and yet Sophie did absolutely nothing what so ever in guiding Klaus all this time.

But now the whole thing is even more of a mess.
Rebekah told Klaus after her meeting with Devina that Devina was clearly something new that was even more powerful than an original with all due respect she did nothing that was more impressive than Bonnie. Heck, Bonnie had Klaus trapped in an invisible forcefield for a couple of days?
(More if she wouldn't have been attacked)

But now we find out that she really is just a normal witch?
And Haley's baby has absolutely nothing to do with any of this?!?
And Sophie's sister died... why exactly? It seems like their plan is just so darn stupid to bring in several wild cards into the equation instead of doing a billion other things they could do just to beat the crap out of Marcel and find Devina.

P.S
Marcel's vamp guy sees Rebekah and says "an original" and runs away
Isn't Rebekah, being an original and all, way faster than him? Shouldn't she be able to catch him?
More+
Flag
Doesn't Marcel still need witches? Daylight rings? It just seems seriously counter productive.

Yeah, Marcel didn't think that through lol. Although, wouldn't that be interesting if his Nightwalkers, who were waiting for rings, revolted? Klaus could use that.

Ugh Sophie...Klaus acknowledged Sohpie's secrecy, and yet no one's pressured her. The original interrogation about Davina ended VERY quickly (1,2 Questions maybe?) and yet they never received any answers from Sophie. Annoyingly enough, that's been Klaus' MO since he slept with Hayley. He didn't get answers from her either. The Originals have been weakened and fairly OOC since this show was announced. (Which made it even more jarring when Klaus resumed his normal role in the last few episodes of TVD.) And while I'm enjoying certain parts of it, this show is not proving to the be "The Originals as strategic masterminds", show that I envisioned. I really think the writer's have just introduced too many plot lines at once and now they're having trouble untangling everything. I see potential here, I really do, but it's not being used wisely.

Why didn't Sophie tell the Originals this story beforehand, but make them believe Marcel kidnapped and brainwashed Davina? She could have gained their trust while adding real darkness to the character, helped the witches, and made her reveal much more shocking. Why did Bastiana hex the boy at that moment? It should have been an act of revenge on the Father for squealing to Marcel. It would have strengthened Marcel's cause. Davina's "I want to make them pay" was kind of silly since Marcel and his men killed most of them anyway. And how does Marcel not know of Cami's relations by now? That should be one of the reasons he's so interested in her, because she started asking questions.

The ground work is there, it's just not as dramatic as it could be. The character's motivations are not linking up right now and they REALLY need to work on that.
More +
Flag
Yep, you pretty much got it hit on the head. Nothing on this show seems very consistent. More like, "we really wanted X to happen so there you go"

Heck, if you really want to go there, didn't season 2 state that Klaus has his own clan of witches? And that girl who cast the spell to awaken him was only one of many at his disposal?

Couldn't he just make a couple of phone calls and gain non ancestry based witches to town, track down Devina and kill Marcel?

That's my main problem with the show. The Vampire Diaries was seriously inconsistent with its lore (The whole Silas story is just a bloody mess) but at least the characters themselves were somewhat consistent.

But this show is inconsistent with the characters themselves. For example, Marcel is the sole protector of children everywhere? Didn't he just vamp 2 kids?!?
Flag
didn't season 2 state that Klaus has his own clan of witches? And that girl who cast the spell to awaken him was only one of many at his disposal?

I've been saying this since the beginning. The moment Sophie started spouting this baby nonsense I said why is Elijah going along with this and since when is Klaus willing to be controlled like that? Go get your own witch, prove that this is true and THEN you can strike a deal regarding Marcel. Between Klaus and Elijah, we've seen 4 witches indebted to the Mikaelson clan. Where are those witches now? And where are the vampires that serve them because you just know Klaus has a slew of minions running around doing his bidding around the world.
Flag
It was a very good episode a lot happened, a lot got resolved just as I hoped the plot thickens. I didn't mind the exposition. I loved the Elijah and Haley moment. The show is getting stronger and stronger. Definitely outshining TVD at the moment for me.
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members