A The Originals Community
Thursday 9:00 PM on The CW

The Originals S01E03: "Tangled Up in Blue"

We usually conclude these things with discussion questions, but this time I want to start with one: Exactly how many episodes of a TV series do YOU need to watch before you can safely conclude that it's maybe just not very good? Here at TV.com we do something called The 4-Episode Test, but even that is admittedly not going to be the most accurate barometer for how good a show will eventually be. If we're being real, The Vampire Diaries and maybe even Teen Wolf could not have been accurately assessed after only four episodes. Both shows revealed their strengths after their season-long plots built in intensity and their side characters grew richer and their villains stepped up their respective games. Also all those late-season towel scenes, those helped a lot. Good TV often takes time, basically. However: Four episodes is A LOT of chances to give a show you're not quite sure about. We have so many options, like SO many. Too many? And people who make TV shows— even the bad ones—are usually very, very talented. There's just no excuse for us to have to put up with things that aren't great, and we don't owe anybody our unconditional loyalty if they can't deliver that for us.

So, uh, this is a review of The Originals. What a dire introduction, right? Haha sorry. Look, I quite liked many aspects of the season premiere and last week had some white-hot Rebekah action. But in both cases my enjoyment of this series has been enhanced and influenced by outside factors like my love of the characters as they appeared on TVD and especially the trust I've placed in the people who make both shows. After this week, those initial feelings of cautious appreciation have started to fade, and they're being replaced by this other feeling that's now welling up inside me. It's a feeling closer to anger. The Originals has now had FOUR chances to wow me and it has avoided them at every turn and now I'm feeling restless and impatient and, yeah, I'm sorta mad about it.

"Tangled Up in Blue" had the advantage of being the first episode of The Originals to not be a pilot episode. There were new, forward-moving conflicts and, finally, character interactions that that felt spontaneous or surprising. But these moments were scattered and insanely fleeting. Like, we're talking maybe 10 good minutes of show and about 30 minutes of excruciating exposition. EXCRUCIATING. How is this possible? How do you put dynamic, powerful, literally immortal creatures in a room and have them do nothing but explain things to each other and then quietly leave? This show has very, very badly miscalculated how interested we are in backstory and as time presses on it's becoming clear just how terribly conceived its premise is and how underbaked its supporting characters still are. Oh well, at least there are three amazing characters at the forefront EXCEPT WHOOPS, NOPE, at least one of them has been completely marginalized in each episode. What is happening?

Sorry guys, I'm definitely in a HOW DARE U mode right now with regard to The Originals. Because how dare u, The Originals. You couldn't even make a masquerade ball interesting. Oh well, let me just take a deep breath and find my serenity for a second. There WERE some good things about this episode, because, as is still true, this show has just enough cleverness and sense of cinema so as to render its shortcomings that much more maddening. Did you get a thrill when Rebekah and Klaus decided work together and do a Vampire Mission: Impossible type scheme? I DID, so much. The episode started so strong with this stuff! I was like, "Wow, things might actually happen this week." And then Rebekah tore up that witch's shop and threw her all over the place and I was like, "Wow, Rebekah actually seems like the most powerful female vampire in the world this week." And Klaus's plot to systematically drain Marcel's minions of Vervain and turn them into sleeper agents—I was like, "Whoa, Klaus is actually scheming again, great." You know? No more hanging out on Bourbon Street for four unexplained months while accomplishing nothing, not even learning the basics of how vampire nightclubs work. This show was finally on track! But all of these hopes would be dashed by episode's end as they essentially culminated in nothing. NOTHING. Elijah was not freed. The reprogrammed vampire died. Rebekah and Klaus were mad at each other again. Cami was brain-damaged into forgetting everything. Davina still hadn't figured out how to kill an Original. Quick question: What was the point of this episode?

Again, the most frustrating aspect of this weird show is just how much it gets RIGHT, yet it's all in the service of ending up so underwhelming. For instance, I still am definitely intrigued by Davina, especially the fact that she refers to the Mikaelsons as the Old Ones. Very H.P. Lovecraft of her! I also borderline enjoyed the forbidden romance this week between Thierry and his witch girlfriend, if only because those two characters had no backstory to make speeches about and it felt SO refreshing. And again, the heist aspect (in which the booty was Elijah's booty) was very promising and would have totally paid off had The Originals exercised enough storytelling bravery to actually let Klaus and Rebekah win in the end. But nope, Elijah was still lyin' in that coffin when the hour was up! It's frankly incredible that the #1 lesson anyone learned from The Vampire Diaries—to always cycle through set-ups and pay-offs as quickly as possible—was summarily dropped when the makers decided to create this spin-off. Yes, having a rich and complicated backstory is indeed important, but it's not a replacement for a forward-moving story. Game of Thrones (and I am NOT ashamed to compare the TVD universe to Game of Thrones) has the most complicated character histories of any show, but you better believe a child is still getting pushed out that window in the first episode. Things HAPPEN on that show, and those things cause other things to happen. In the present tense. Because the present is the only thing that matters, everything else is just shading.

Last thing: We need to talk about whatever new thing is being set up with Hayley's character. First a werewolf came over and looked at Hayley, then one of the rando witches offered to help Hayley figure out her baby's gender, and then at the end of the episode we learned that during the aforementioned ceremony the witch fell into a trance and started muttering something in a different language. The last scene was Hayley attempting to translate the phrase on the internet and failing. And failing. And failing. And never finding out what it meant. THAT was the cliffhanger. The only thing shocking or interesting about this cliffhanger was how truly terrible it was. Just the worst. I laughed out loud and rewound it just to make sure I hadn't gone brain-damaged and missed the actual tease but NOPE. I had gone brain-damaged, but it was only because this show made me that way. Between all the insulting, pedantic over-explanation and then the distressing lack of creative ambition, The Originals is really doing a number on my brain cells lately.

SORRY, maybe I will change my mind next week. That is my right as an American with mental problems. But for right now I'm mad at The Originals. I know it's capable of better. Get it together, weirdo. Stop talking and start DOING.

QUESTIONS:

... Too harsh?

... What exactly did this episode accomplish, story-wise?

... How long do you normally give a show before you stop watching?

... When Davina finally moves out of the attic, should she draw street portraits of tourists for cash?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 5/20/2016

Season 3 : Episode 22

282 Comments
Comments (282)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Cami is a person I would like to see die off the show. She gets on my nerves.
Flag
Klaus and Beccah walked up in that masquerade ball like some Bosses. The point was the find Elijah, since Davina had wiped Rebecca's mind of the location. The siblings were working together on a secret mission. Klaus, of course always has an ulterior motive. He weakened a link in Marcel's chain. Also, at this point, he doesn't know how strong Davina is and how well Marcel is protected. Also, he doesn't have any intention of killing Marcel, so he's trying to be more covert about his takeover. It got hostile anyway, and even still, I don't think he would have killed Marcel.
Flag
I have loved every episode and the show gets better and better. I look at it like this, with each new episode, comes a new revelation. Great effing show.
Flag
Ok, so I want to put Cami in the "garden" and keep Thiery. He's super freaking hot! And vastly more interesting than she is. What the hell is the point of her? Dude, I'd rather ship Klaus and Hayley, and that's saying something!
Flag
Why didn't the cliffhanger end with Haley finding out what the witch said?? Like, DUH she obviously wasn't speaking Bulgarian.
Flag
The episode was okay. I like the clever touches of West Side Story/ Romeo and Juliet thing between Thierry and Kat. Cami was probable wearing angel to nod at the fact that she's the only innocent or just a tribute to the R+J movie. I don't like Cami. Don't think she's interesting at all. Why can't they make a girl that's actually smart or has some special interest that connects to the vampires. It's New Orleans! They could have an Anne Rice groupie :).
Flag
Definitely an uneven episode. Some really good stuff - a great plan that mostly worked! And some bad stuff - Still no Elijah!!! He's the best part! Why is he still daggered ?!!
But whoever is picking the music for this show is brilliant.
Flag
I give a show 3 episodes to convince me its going to be a winner. I look not just at the plot, but the story writers and the actors. If they convince me that great things are to come I'll stick with it for 6 episodes before committing or bailing.

This show has hooked me and not just because Rebekah is so easy on the eyes (I fell in love with her character in TVD). Klaus is not my favorite character, but I have to admit his plan to take over is so much more involved than mine would be were I immortal and powerful. That pulled me in deeper.

I agree that Klaus needs to be rescued. Of the three he's my favorite character. He needs to be released sooner rather than later. I stopped watching TVD after season 2 because it was too much teen angst for me. The Originals appeals far more to my adult sensibilities.

As for the "cliff hanger" at the end of episode three, I have to agree. I kept shouting at the screen, "Try Latin. Try Latin. TRY LATIN". She never did. I also agree that some new shows this season are good, but not good enough to stay with when there are so many better shows on. Tomorrow People is that way for me. Good, but not good enough to make the cut. I really only have time for 7 shows a season, and even that is pushing it, but this one makes the cut for me.

And is it too much to ask to see Rebekah in some outfits that are a little more revealing? ;-)
More+
Flag
I'm with you on this Price, too much frisking talking not enough action. At one stage I felt like I was being reaf a really bad bedtime story. I actually tuned in for Elijah so him being daggered is a total rip for me.
Flag
Bloody iPad auto correct. That should be frikking not frisking and read not reaf. Really should recheck before I post. lol
Flag
I would totally give Rebekah "The D" on the regular!!!!
Flag
nos omnia perder tu el eam actually translates to you and it will destroy us all
Flag
hoc est infanti malom, nos omnia perdeu il iam

Translation : This child is evil, we will lose it all now.

DUNDUNDUN.
Flag
TVD had me hooked on the very first episode I saw, which was the 3rd episode. TO has not interested me at all, and I have given it a chance.
Flag
From Price's mouth hopefully to Julie Plec's ears!
Flag
Looks like I was right to stop watching.
Flag
Honestly, I have to admit that this show is better than The Vampire Diaries. I understand that this show would not have been made without Vampire Diaries and it is the mother show, but still. All the characters dynamics are so great together. I even like Haley now. She does not seem that bad, but I still do not want her to be with Klaus. She can be with Elijah if she wants because everyone knows that Klaroline is ENDGAME !!! Anyways, I have been seeing that alot of people hate Cami, but I acutally like her. She is WAY more likable that boring old Elena. The only person that annoys me to no ends right now is Davina. GOODNESS, I dislike her !! BUT THIS SHOW IS GREAT !!
Flag
Is Cami annoying? Or do I hate her because she's not Caroline?
:)
Flag
Maybe I'll be unpopular after this post, but oh well. I love TVD, watched it since the beginning. But, especially after this latest ep of The Originals, I have decided I actually like it better. I am loving the focus, the characters, everything. Are there a few clunky spots? Uh, yeah. It's the first season. TVD had a rough first season; this is scads better, imo. Just my two cents.
Flag
I did have the thought when it was done...was Daniel Gilles on paternity leave? Seriously holding the Original you could actually work with while leaving the emotionally temestuous ones out who both recognize they need the third..well it seems like a bratty fifteen year old plan. And R &K when Sophie appears to know Davina...ask her about what she is. And did anyone else think when Hayley was looking stuff up...Scott McCall did that in season one and recognized it as French and while he's trying he is still kind of a dumbass (and so far Hayley you are not noble kind and heroic to compensate). But like.. try Latin...it might not be that but itbis more likely than Bulgarian. That is only where Katherine is from. She's fun and all but not much else...
Flag
Is it weird if I say that I'm rooting for Marcel and Davina instead of Klaus and Rebekah? Because I felt that way in this episode. I feel that The Originals is trying to be like Game of Thrones with all the schemings, but it fell flat in the end?

And the chemistry between Klaus and Camille just wasn't working. There was no chemistry at all between Camille and Marcel, and between Camille and Klaus, unlike with Caroline.

The funny part is... I felt the chemistry between Marcel and Davina, lol.
Flag
hoc est infanti malom, nos omnia perdeu el eam = This child is evil, it will destroy all things el!
you have to play around with it plus they should've said perdeu not perdetu... and the el doesnt really translate to anything straight but taking it out changes everything completely...
Flag
Yes Price, way too harsh. I love the episode. I love the scenes between Rebekah and Klaus. And Klaus is my fave so i really enjoy a Klaus-filled episode. And can i say how gorgeous Rebekah looked in tonights episode. Actually last episode too..

This epsiode really didnt accomplish. Its true. But Im a TVD viewer. I had endured tons of TVD episodes that dont accomplish anything so how can i expect that The Originals would be different.

And to be honest, i dont think ill stop watching this show. I dont usually have a limit to how long i gave before i stopped watching a show. I stop whenever i think its a total waste of time. I hadnt feel that way with The Originals.

Davina prolly wont survive so well out there. Not when theres no huge fans in the background blowing her hair back and making her look cool. And what kinda weirdo dont mind having a coffin besides the bed?!?!

Lastly i have to say, i was looking towards more pics for the reviews. Slightly disappointed.. Maybe you saved it for TVD.
More+
Flag
You know, I like this show. I like the cast. I like their performances. I like the backdrop, stage, and costumes.

What I don't like is this plot.
Often, shows have a great premise but fail because of bad writing, bad acting, or both (see: Revolution).
But this show is the opposite. The showrunners have dug a hole that may become very slippery and very deep, with no way to claw themselves out.
Flag
I COMPLETELY AGREE!!!!!!
Flag
Not to harsh, I'm also very disappointed! I don't understand, they have great characters, FANTASTIC actors, great backstories... what is Julie Plec doing? And Elijah?! He is one of the best characters and they have him there daggered doing nothing? And the baby plot is horrible, nothing is happening with it, Hayley is useless they just have them there as a plot device to force the witch-klaus alliance and to keep Hayley, who is a horrible character, in the show. I understand that Phoebe Tonkin is popular but did they really need to force a horrible and pointless character on a show just because they wanted her in one of their shows?
I hope Elijah is undaggered soon and something happens or it's going to loose me.
Flag
Davina is cute (although the actress is kind of awkward) but her relationship with Marcel is really creepy--it has a big brother/little sister but romantic vibe to it. Ick.
Flag
Wait whaaat? Did u watch the same episode? It was great.. I loved all scheming, plotting and conversations.. It´s so much more entertaining then TVD! This isn´t just teenage crap madness.. It´s more serious and I love it. And I don´t understand Cami hate.. what? She is so interesting, beautiful and act like adult (I loved Klaus and Caroline but I would understand much more if Klaus fall in love with Cami than with Caroline who was..well..a little bit shallow teenager).
Flag
As crazy (as in crazy bad) TVD has been lately, it is still head and shoulders above TO. But thank God for this show, because we don't have to see Rebekah in TVD any more!
So don't cancell it and keep her there, but I'm not watching this stuff, that's for sure.

Flag

You got some anger issues or been drinking too much much Haterade. If you want to review something, review it, don't use it as a way to transfer your issues through something you can control
Flag
1) Nope, not too harsh. I was disappointed that all that happened and they didn't get Elijah back.
2) Not exactly sure... But it did help Klaus gain Marcel's trust...
3) Normally I give a show one ep... But the originals is a special case. I love these characters, so I'll continue to watch no matter what.
4) Ummm sure....

One last note, I was so hating that stupid 'moment' between Klaus and Camile... Sorry Camy... Ugh! There's only one woman for Klaus... Caroline!

Speaking of which, how soon do you think it will be before we get a crossover ep? I mean, we so better be getting one, right?
Flag
I enjoyed the episode, maybe because I'm not a cynical, nit-picking envious critic. It's a great build up to a impending "gangland" style showdown, and the writing behind Klaus' Machiavellian manipulations are written very intelligently. It's a shame people focus on things like a "ballroom dance" instead of just enjoying a show..
Flag
It was so obviously Latin, right? What a moron. Of course I took Latin in 8th grade. Weird, I know. And no I don't know what it means. But I felt that she should have scrolled down to the L section of her stupid translation thingy. Always start w/Latin when it's old, weird, prophecy shit.

Not too harsh, but I did enjoy it more than you perhaps, what about that weirdness w/Marcellus & that place he puts vampires who piss him off? That was an interesting little bit of revelation.

I don't usually stop watching anything SciFi or Fantasy or Supernatural until it's cancelled. I think there's been a lot of stuff like this that simply takes too long to get really momentous, people give up, then it gets cancelled.

She totally should. LOL Maybe caricatures for tourists...
Flag
"Always start w/ Latin when it's old, weird, prophecy shit." Hahaha, agreed! Seriously, she's trying language after language with Latin roots. . .
Flag
"It was so obviously Latin, right? What a moron" HAHAHAHA, funny sentence
Flag
movies, tv shows, they all fore shadow the future. the latin phrase at the end that the baby will destroy them all. and the fact that cami was dressed like an angel and really her character is never shocked or surprised says alot for future episodes. by episode 6 there will be great drama. and the divina character seems like a carrie copy cat. and a bit childish really. and i thought the bennett witches were the most powerful and why not the silas witch from tvd? y such a young girl?

Flag
I hear you..although i think i enjoy it more than you did...I find myself hating the bartender...her character is soooo flat...all she ever says is I've been broken, i should know better, not into baddies, but does it anyways...for 4 episodes now she haven't change a bit, her connection to klaus in the end is kinda the same we saw on the spring on the backdoor pilot so nothing new, and no surprising that Klaus still compelled her to keep seeing Marcel. I get that rebekah is always looking for love and that she watched marcel grow and all...but i don't get...and i don't see it..so if this is a weird triangle/square with rebekah/marcel/bartender/klaus (i refuse to acknowledge her name until it's relevant really) is not really working for me, and I say square because last episode when rebekah was telling hayley about how klaus had murdered every love interest of her, it almost sounded like incest, and now (perv me hahaha) i would like to see some of that hahaha just because they are great and complex characters, and they're lacking the connection with their romantics counterparts in the show...i still enjoy it...and i liked Thierry, but you're right the show didn't move anywhere, and using the bartender as a plot device it not working either...

I think saving hope is still on air, so that maybe the reason we've had non elijah this two weeks? maybe they need to wrap his story with saving hope? but i don't know the last episode I saw it was getting more complicated his story with erica durance's character..and thats was something I want to see..so...as long I can get my fix on the gillies...hahaha but really they need elijah back..

I liked klaus and rebekah scenes with the vampire minion and the witches, and hayley, other than that...just meh... here to hoping for next week...and hayley couldn't go directly to latin??? i mean i don't know latin but that would be the first language i would look for...still klaus and rebekah had strong performances despite of the scrip this week...
More+
Flag
Every time I watch this show I'm distracted by the most insignificant things. I wanted to like it, but I don't seem to be at all into it. I guess I just can't take it seriously. I hope the new Dracula is more compelling.
Flag
Loved Rebecca, how she played with the girlfriend of Marcel...and made him vulnareable bringing her to the party...and loved Klaus this episode..he was so clever and his plan worked perfectly...
Devina...she is weird....but strong....!!
Still liking this series very much..!!
Flag
I thought the last Original episode was great. As an Original, Klaus in the main character and his plan worked.

The above article is surprising and very subjective. I personally thought the episode was silver almost gold. Except I did laugh when Hayley didn't succeed in translating the witch gibberish.

I think instead of writing reviews, your time may be better spent in creating your own tv show with your own stories.
Flag
AGREED! I usually give new shows a 3-epi chance. 1 to introduce characters and essential back story. 2 for side characters and flushing out surroundings. By 3 they should be into the story. So far The Originals has wasted a whole lot of time re-establishing characters we already know. Let's be honest, I doubt there are many people coming to this show who don't already know who these characters are. A person can only listen to the same Klause & Rebekah argument so many times! My questions are these:

1. How did Haley steal the daggers, but not one Mikelson sibling managed it in hundreds of years?
2. Why did Marcel have so much "swag" in the old days? No one spoke like that back then!
3. Is Haley a moron? "I met you that time my friends and I kidnapped you, remember?" "Uh, oh yeah, I guess you can come right on in and do some magic on my unborn baby!" UGH!
4. Is Davina, Sophie and Jane-Anne's sister?
5. Did anyone else come here just to watch Elijah, only to be disappointed?
Flag
This review feels like it was written in a fit of rage, without much rationale or contemplation. Sure, some things could be better, but the show or the episode is nowhere as bad as you're making it. Your review is overly dramatic, unnecessarily so. How can you say nothing happened to effect the present when a lot of what happened will likely effect upcoming episodes. And I'm not just talking about the love triangles here. Like some posters below said, didn't Marcel lose a right-hand man and isn't Klaus looking to make Marcel one of his minions? Don't you think what happened in this episode will affect that? Every one has different opinions on what they like and don't like in a show, but as a reviewer, you need to also be objective, not just passionate. You compare this show with Vampire Diaries. that show introduces crappy twists and turns at lightening speed and ditches them just as quickly. Game of Thrones is a good show, but I've seen episodes where barely anything happens. And to anyone who says that people who disagree with Price don't know competent storytelling, that's a ridiculous assumption.
Flag
i really hate the Hayley character
Flag
nos omnia perdetu el eam means It will destroy all of us. nos omnia->all of us/everything, perde->lose/destroy, eam->itthe language is latin. :)
Flag
Totally agree with the reviews below and price, this had like 10 to 15 minutes of a good show and the rest just.. *yawn*. btw, any supernatural worth their two cents knows that witches and Latin go hand in hand like Jeremy Gilbert and muscles. Belaurisian? Czech?c'mon Phoebe Tonkin.. tsk tsk tsk...
Flag
I don't like the whole "Angel" twist of super miracle maybe devil may not be child hook!!!

The phrase means (You will all die by me) or (I will kill you all) or (I will destroy you all) whatever it is I don't like it!!!

Can they not bring Caroline to one episode! she can kick his ass for knocking someone up!
What about the other wolf guy who disappeared from TVD... where is he?!!!
Flag
Came here for the Bob Dylan reference, I'm leaving disapointed
Flag
1 - it wasn't too harsh...if anything you were kind...
2 - to bore us
3 - it really depends on the cast...here for JM, DG and CH I'll give it 2 more episodes...
4 - yeah, sure...but not in New Orleans nor Mystic Falls for that matter

I still don't get why Klaus doesn't simply drain Marcel of blood and get the truth out of him... then he can compel him to be his friend or wing man or whatever...
And with the baby... I know it's a baby and stuff... but is still a baby monster...
And the deal with Camille I really don't get it... I understood why Klaus fell for Caroline.. but for this one?
Flag
So I google translated the thing the witch was saying (LATIN, duh!) and it translates to "We all lose it"....??? Doesn't sound very interesting, but that is a literal translation so here's hoping to becomes something interesting, cause so far Hayley is just laying around looking sad.
Flag
Oh and this Camille chick is the biggest snoozefest ever. ZZzzzzzzz. Who is she and why am I forced to put up with her in this show? Kill her please.

Flag
Yeah, I wasn't in love with the plot lines and I was actually feeling pretty terrible for the vamp guy and his witchy lover, in the end I really loved them! So it was a downer of an episode but I'm sure it'll pick up. I also don't like how vulnerable Rebekah seems around Marcel, c'mon Bek pick up your game, you're a freaking original!!!
Flag
I have worked in film and TV for over 17 years . This show does not have no where near the amount of money it takes to make each episode. It doesn't even have VPD money. That aside we know how powerful Klaus and Rebekah alone could tare everyone apart and one that town. But what's the fun in that? Give the show a chance and stop comparing it to others. I am a huge Buffy fan and I loved Angel's spin off. It was darker and more muture. Even later became a bit more funny once it found it's footing. Plus I loved all of the cross over shows, which I hope to see with VPD and The Originals. Can't you into Mandarin Damon Salvatore and Caroline Forbes over in New Orleans helping out Claus
Flag

I am tired of that much exposition too. This isn't a novel but a TV show, so things have to be explained with images, not words. It is like they are rushing to tell everything about the mythology instead of presenting it little by little, when the action ask for it.

It doesn't make sense that the three originals take so much interest in telling their history and abilities to Hailey and Klaus's new minion. But I thought that problem was more present in the two first pilots, you are right this episode didn't accomplish anything but at least it had a little more action that the two pilots. I enjoyed it but as you, I am still mad. I expected a lot more of The originals, I still hope they can find its pace. I don't know if I would be sticking if it wasn't because I already know and love the main characters. Not very interested in the rest of the characters, Cami just seems a copy/paste from Caroline but without her competitiveness, insecurities and funny lines that make her lovable. But I guess we will have time to meet the witches and Cami.

Hailey... click latin! I mean, everyone knows that most chanting from witches are in latin; Even Harry Potter magic comes from latin! It was funny when she clicked in galician, considering that language is from a part in the north of Spain and their witches leyends are "famous" in Spain. As a spaniard, I was like... Yeah, that's not galician. It sounds a lot like latin.

More+
Flag
Both Cami and Sophie annoy me. They walk around doing nothing in this crazy world until someone tells them to and they lack the dynamic personality required to maintain such inaction. The writers could remove them from the story completely and it wouldn't make a difference.

You're right about Cami. I guess all a girl has to do to get Klaus' attention these days is wear a ball gown? An interesting personality is no longer a prerequisite And if I have to hear her orate about the nature of bad boys one more time...UGH Marcel and Klaus are BEYOND bad, they're straight up evil. We the audience gets the joke, it's not funny. They really need to stop making her say this crap.

Sophie is so boring and useless. If The Originals are so worried about Hayley, why is Sophie just walking around town where she could die from any regular old NON-supernatural cause? Find it hard to believe Klaus wouldn't try locking her up somewhere as a precaution. That would certainly make for some interesting conflict between "the good guys", but alas, the writers don't seem to care about "interesting".
Flag
YES! I was thinking I would've picked Latin before all those other languages.... Almost all magic spells are in Latin. Hailey think!
Flag
I have to say I loved the episode and usually I read your reviews but this one made me mad from the start so I couldn't bear to do it this time.
This was a fantastic Shakespearean episode, acting was spot on and the story DID advance. We know Klaus doesn't want to kill Marcel 'cause he wants him to kneel before him as he thinks he should and he is getting closer to that. He even gets Marcel to talk about loyalty and with that Remy shit, I believe even to question himself if he should be the king (I think he kinda saw himself reflected on Remy on that balcony scene).

That was one dumb cliffhanger but hey have you heard Hayley speak? Then again she's so gorgeous genetics called a day's work after putting 2 or 3 brain cells together. I'm impressed she even knew how to spell... something.
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members