A The Originals Community
Friday 9:00 PM on The CW (Returning 2018)

It's a truth universally acknowledged that The Originals spin-off was a long-time coming. Klaus, Rebekah, and Elijah weaseled their way into the hearts of Vampire Diaries fans the moment they entered Mystic Falls. There was simply no way they'd be confined to one series for long. So when it was finally announced there would be an entire series dedicated to the Mikaelson family, there wasn't much else to do but scream "It's about time!" and then throw a giant party.

Whether or not you like the idea of the characters relocating to New Orleans, or whether you'd have preferred a prequel series, there's one thing we can all agree on: this series is going to be awesome. But because we still have some time to kill before the series premiere on October 3, let's talk favorites...

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 6/23/2017

Season 4 : Episode 13

29 Comments
Comments (29)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Dec 09, 2013
how is ilina?
Flag
Nov 13, 2013
How is Kol beating Rebekah and Elijah?
Flag
Nov 09, 2013
Elijah seems to be the original that is most grounded. Klaus is petulant and impulsive, Rebekah appears cynical but is steadfastly loyal and forgiving eventually.
Flag
Nov 03, 2013
Okay, so I'm fairly sure that Mikael's surname isn't Mikaelson, since he can't be his own son, so it would be his father's name + son. Just saying.
Flag
Nov 04, 2013
You are 110% correct. Mikael's surname wasn't Mikaelson, unless his father was named Mikael too, which I hightly doubt.
Flag
Nov 05, 2013
Yeah. You'd think someone would have called him 'Junior' by now, were that the case. (Haha just kidding. That would be great though.) :)
Flag
Nov 03, 2013
Maybe it's just because of his suits (like a perpetual suit-wearing machine, really) . . .

Or his tattoo . . .

Or her prom dress and scheming face . . .

But whatever it is, I can't decide. (Though yeah, I voted for Elijah because BCF rocks this town.)

But if Jer were an Original . . .

Oh yeah.
Flag
Oct 30, 2013
I really love Rebekah. I think that her character is very well written. She is very sensitive and passionate but in the same time she can be ruthless and revengeful. But in my opinion she is too trusting and easily forgives her brother Klaus. Above all she is simply adorable.
Flag
Oct 27, 2013
Elijah and Klaus
Flag
Oct 26, 2013
Klaus is unparallel- The other originals are extremely good but nothing beats as klaus would put it his 'COMPLEXITY'
Flag
Oct 23, 2013
I cannot pick one! I voted Klaus, Elijah, and Kol (because I loved Kol), and Mikael because Sebastian Roché. Elijah is the one I get really excited to see onscreen but Klaus! He's nearly perfect and Joseph Morgan. Honestly. Trying to pick just one hurts.
Flag
Oct 20, 2013
Have you SEEN Joseph Morgan? Klaus ftw!
Flag
Nov 03, 2013
I HAVE seen Joseph Morgan. Isn't he fabulous? I've also seen Elijah in a suit, though . . . :)
Flag
Oct 13, 2013
1. Klaus 2. Elijah 3. Rebekah. Klause will always be my number one out of the originals but Rebekah keeps surprising me and I keep changing my mind about her and Elijah. The others like cole and the eldest I forget his name where not that great cole seeed abit spoiled and bratty for my taste.
Flag
Oct 10, 2013
1. Elijah, 2. Rebekah, 3. Kol, 4. Klaus, 5. the other one we barely knew but was annoying from what we did.
Flag
Nov 03, 2013
"Finn? He's more interesting in a box." - Klaus (I think? Might have been someone else).
Flag
Oct 09, 2013
HA! Rebekah's in the lead, love it!
Flag
Oct 09, 2013
I'm torn between Elijah and Klaus
Flag
Oct 05, 2013
This is a joke right? Elijah is the best, and he will always be the best...
Flag
Oct 04, 2013
LOL, everyone misses Kol. The second most voted!
Flag
Oct 04, 2013
Alaric Saltzman is not an original vampire. What is he doing there?
Flag
Oct 09, 2013
He was made into an original by the mother when she failed, then got elena and bonnie to feed her blood to him and thus alaric the original was born.
Flag
Oct 04, 2013
This comment has been removed.
Flag
Oct 09, 2013
This comment has been removed.
Flag
Oct 09, 2013
She's not an original vampire.
Flag
Sep 27, 2013
Um pretty sure Alaric doesn't count. His turning was a matter of twisted circumstance that resulted in some type of brainwashed super robo-vamp. The reason they are called the Originals isn't just because of their abilities and elevated immortality, but because they were the FIRST vampires (screw Silas and whatever the hell he is because I'm still confused on that one) and the ones who created OTHER vampires. Alaric didn't turn anybody and he wasn't around 1,000 years ago. Plus he doesn't have the same weaknesses that they do and he's tied to Elena. Alaric is in a league of his own just like Silas.

On another note, I love the 4 main siblings, but I think I like Klaus the most. I think he's a fascinating character. I don't just look at him and see a villian or anti-hero, I see a person who was mentally, verbally, and physically abused for most of their life that was suddenly burdened/gifted with an immortal life and powers. A person whose been haunted by that horrible past and pursued by his abuser for centuries. Abuse like that changes a person in one lifetime, it's intiguing to think about that change expanding MULTIPLE lifetimes. His experiences have twisted him into someone so dark that not even his siblings can recognize him and now he appears to slowly be finding his way back. I'm pretty sure 'The Originals' is going to ruin all that for me though. *sigh*
More+
Flag
Sep 17, 2013
Kol!
Flag
Nov 03, 2013
The baseball bat fanatic. Got to love him.
Flag
Sep 04, 2013
"Rebekah Mikaelson - 52 vote" WTF, i didn't know that much people liked her
I voted for Elijah, Mikael, Alaric
Flag
Sep 04, 2013
I'm surprised by that, too. I've only very recently started to like her, mostly because of her interactions with Matt.

My favorite has always been Elijah. I really like Klaus, too, though. I used to find Kol totally psychotic, but he started to grow on me, too. I kind of hope he can come back somehow.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members
  • 7:00 pm
    NFL Football Los Angeles Rams at Oakland Raiders
    CBS
  •  
    NFL Football Los Angeles Rams at Oakland Raiders
    CW