The Originals

Girl in New Orleans

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Oct 22, 2013 on The CW

• Elijah is Really Spock 2.0, Klaus is Complicated, Hayley is Really Lara Croft

Whew! This episode FINALLY got things going. There was much less Marcel hitting his chest like a caveman to make everyone believe that he is the real King of the French Quarter as in previous episodes. His delusions of grandeur whilst being surrounded by the Mikaelson's was starting to get REALLY old. Like a ferocious pit bull up against a grizzly. Yes, the dog is ferocious, no it doesn't have a chance at denting the grizzly. Rebekah putting her mind to something and actually accomplishing what she set out to do (finding Elijah using the Internet and some sass), wonderfully refreshing! I am really into this new, less sulky, Rebekah who takes charge and gets it done. Elijah's general badassery and new Spock-like powers? I mean, come on, YES.

I've never been a fan of Hayley, I literally can't recall a single second where I cared about her character; I still don't think I care quite yet except for her burgeoning relationship with each of the Mikaelsons, but TONIGHT I was on her side as she out witted, out moved, and generally displayed her own badassery against all those burly men with crossbows.

I find Klaus' arc really compelling. He really does try with people, but the second that person gets in his way (even indirectly) all bets are off. He wants to be good, but practical life experiences (like running from his father to stay alive for 1,000 years) have taught him to draw a straight line from himself to his objective and if anyone falls on that line ANYONE any previous interactions/humanity shown goes out the window. At this point I don't believe there is anyone he wouldn't betray/kill to get what he wants, except MAYBE for Caroline and maybe the baby (sometime in the future don't think he is there yet).

LOVED this episode. Finally feeling the potential for awesome Vampire Diaries story pace that always leads us to the next reveal that you didn't see coming.

Who thinks Elijah will be able to Spock, mind-meld with the miracle fetus soon?