The Originals

The Battle of New Orleans

Aired Thursday 9:00 PM May 06, 2014 on The CW

• gang wars

The situation in the French quarter at the moment seems a lot like a gang warfare to me. Rival gangs who fight for leadership, kill a lot of people in the process and shift allegiances all the time.

I didn't expect to feel sorry for Klaus, but his helplessness when he was drained of his power at a time when Haley needs him most, was quite heartbreaking.

He isn't as good a strategist as he thinks he is, as all of his plans just fell apart and bit him in the ass.

And why do they always have to rip pages out of the grimoire, wouldn't the spell work if they just copy it or make a photo of the page?

I am still not convinced about the bayou werewolves. I just don't have a feeling that I know them at all. The few minutes with the surprising new werewolves were much better than all the scenes with the bayou werewolves before.

I hope they are setting Cami up for a bigger role in the next season with her discovery of her uncle's secret room. She seemed quite peripheral in this season and didn't quite fulfill her potential.

It seems that the scenes with Davina and Michael are more of a set up for the next season ( of course Davina will be misguided enough to bring him back from the dead). It would help the show if all the vampire infighting would stop and we would get an external enemy like Michael, because the show sometimes feels like a yo yo with people going back and forth with their allies all the time.