The Others

Don't Dream It's Over

Aired Saturday 10:00 PM Mar 25, 2000 on NBC

• Ripper, I Don't Even Like Her

4.2
    The worst episode of the series, this hour seemed to drag on for ages and didn't add much depth to the underused Mark.

Don't Dream It's Over sees Mark being haunted by dreams involving a beautiful woman called Mary-Jane. Elmer warns Mark that he shouldn't continue his "relationship" with her but Mark ignores him. It's only when Mark discovers that Mary-Jane was the last victim of Jack the Ripper that he is determined to save her life...

The most boring aspect of the episode is Mark's relationship with Mary-Jane. It isn't well handled and there's no chemistry between Gabriel Macht and guest star Tushka Bergen. Their relationship isn't believable and I found I didn't care enough about Mary-Jane herself.

The Jack the Ripper storyline feels slightly empty and it's a shame we never really got to see him. The Marian/Mark kiss is also annoying as their relationship didn't interest me at all.

An episode with a storyline which feels rushed and a troubled script, this is one episode you should miss.