The Others Forums

NBC (ended 2000)

DVD's?

kawaiishu

[1]Nov 11, 2006
    • level: 5
    i used to love this, did it ever make it to DVD? and if so, where can i get it from!?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

rapturerogue

[2]Nov 11, 2006
    • level: 45
    I've never heard of it coming out on DVD (I wish it would!), especially since there is such a tiny fanbase for it. It's a shame, too, because this show had so much potential! If only NBC hadn't pulled the plug on it so fast...

Aiden-Burn

[3]Jan 31, 2007
    I loved The Others, and it is a shame that the NBC pulled the plug on it, it was a great show. I was also wondering the same thing as well, about it coming to DVD. I've not heard anything and whenever i try searching for it on Amazon (UK), but all i got was the film (of the same title) with Nicole Kidman and Christopher Eccleston.

But it has been repeated on tv ages ago here in the UK, but i've not heard about it being out on DVD.

lucid-lucifer

[4]Feb 5, 2007

As far as i know there hasnt been any official release of The Others on DVD, however if you do a search on Ebay.com  you might find someone who'd downloaded the eps and burnt them onto a dvd. I wouldnt buy them coz they would be tvrips but if your interested do that.

chameleonic1

[5]Mar 5, 2007
    • level: 13
    This is one of the scariest shows I've watched.

And one of the dozens of shows cancelled before its time.

Xanxtuary

[6]Jun 14, 2007
    • level: 2
    I too would like to get hold of this series. I only managed to catch a few episodes when I was living in Canada in 2003 and to my knowledge it hasn't been shown in the UK, not on terrestrial TV anyway, nor Freeview. If it's been on Sky TV, I wouldn't know.

I wouldn't be prepared to get dodgy pirate versions though, I would want the real thing. Great shame that the series was pulled.

I loved John Billingsley in Enterprise and his character in The Others was just as good. He does eccentric academic types extremely well.

I guess I'm in good company bemoaning the lack of a DVD release. We can live in hope!