help identifying an episode

susanb888

[1]Feb 11, 2010
    • level: 1

Hi. I don't really think this is an OL episode, bu the folks I asked on the old movie site thought it might be. It's been driving me crazy for 20 years. Maybe someone can help.

The ending, at least, goes like this:

So, it was black and white and the woman I remember in the movie had on one of those 40s or 50s dresses: the bell shaped skirt passed the knee. I think the family is in a country house somewhere and I believe they are there because of one family member: the woman in the dress. They think she's crazy or is having some sort of nervous breakdown. The entire family leaves for some sort of outing and decides that she should stay home and rest. She doesn't want to be left alone, but I think they give her some sort of sedative and make her stay home. So, when it gets dark, these creature things come out, of the vent somehow I think, and come after her. Because she's sedated, she's not fully able to pull away and these creature things drag her down a huge old fashioned stair case. On the way down, she pulls over a little table/stand of some sort and gets her hands on a camera. She takes pictures to get the flash to go off—apparently the creatures don't like the flash. But that only buys her a little time. Eventually, the creatures win and drag her down into a vent either near or on the floor at the bottom of the stairs. I think that's how it ends.

Any of this sound familiar to anyone?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Nick_1959

[2]Apr 19, 2010

Some of the details are different but this sounds a lot like a famous Season 2 episode of THE TWILIGHT ZONE, called "The Invaders" ...

http://www.tv.com/the-twilight-zone/the-invaders/episode/12635/recap.html?tag=episode_header;recap

BobBuckwheat

[3]Dec 5, 2010

I had a hard time finding out the name and I remembered the movie like you did, Bits and pieces but especially her being dragged down the fireplace.

Now this may not be the version your remember but it was called don't be afraid of the dark staring kim Darby and this version was released in 1973.

Same theme as the older version if there was one. I seem to remember it being in black and white too so maybe with the name to go on you will find the older version.

I think they are blocking parts of this 73 version because there is a 2011 version coming out and they don't want to give away the ending.

Me and you already no it but the new version may be worth watching just for the new technology they have today.

In the 73 version it would appear they were under the staircase but you only go under it to get to a den with a fireplace that was sealed up 20 years prior to these grand children being willed the home.

You can watch parts of this movie on youtube but I couldn't find part two or part 8 which is the ending scenes. There should be enough to bring back your memory though.

Email me when you read this so I know you finally got it. You can do that at drrdon1955@yahoo.com

I hope this helps heal your curiosity. It did mine. Good Luck and happy holidays. It is december 5th 2010, Bob Buckwheat

susanb888

[4]Jan 14, 2011

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is it!!!!!!!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

I cannot believe it. I am going to buy the DVD right now.

Thanks a million!