The Outer Limits - Original

The Mice

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Jan 06, 1964 on ABC

7.2
  • Chino Rivera is a prisoner who is given a chance to trade places with an alien from the planet Chromos. The creature arrives on Earth first, but will Chino keep his side of the deal? There is some suspicion also about the alien's true intentions.

There is a dynamic quality about Chino's behavior and a certain tension in his scenes with both of the main doctors. One is asked to wonder what can we believe--from humans as well as aliens. The prisoner tries to escape the lab. The creature (who the Chromos swear is not evil) kills a scientist on the grounds of the facility. The story is weak in a few places, however. When the alien is transported to the lab, it runs amok. The action suddenly shifts someplace else. Is it subdued? Also, we only hear about some of the action because the female doctor mentions it in conversation. Finally, at the end **spoiler alert** when efforts to transport Chino fail and the alien is summoned to return to Chromos, it enters the 'transporter', but we don't see it leave.