The Outer Limits

Abduction

Aired Friday 9:00 PM Aug 18, 2001 on Showtime

• Best episode of 7th Season

Just loved this episode, never fails to bring tears to my eyes. I fully agree with the other reviewer. It's episodes like this that make me love the Outer Limits. Probably my favorite show of all time, both the new series and the original.
  • A troubled teenager makes choices with serious consequenses. The results are not what he originally intended. Should be required watching for !!! all teens.

This episode in particular really touches base with a teen who feels "stepped" upon and feels a need to get even with his peers.

His choices ultimately lead to the death of a classmate.

The teen is basically tested by an alien presence who makes him choose which of his classmates to kill. (Not much spoiler here, sorry).

The repercussions of his action are brought into vivid personal detail when his classmates confront him with his actions.

His rebuttal to the accusations sheds much light on the pain felt by many teens in real life.

This episode was well written and performed and should be a lesson and marker to all parents who feel there teens are "not fitting in". This episode should be shown as an educational tool to junior and senior high school students.

I believe it could touch many people, and maybe, just maybe, save some lives.