The Outer Limits

Inconstant Moon

Aired Friday 9:00 PM Apr 12, 1996 on Showtime

• The ending left me scarred me in a good way

This is my favorite episode, it makes you think about real life and I love what the closeing narrarator at then end says.
  • This is probably one of the most frightening Outer Limits Episode of either the old OR new series. Its in my top 3 favorites. Brad Wright wrote this episode, this episode is just a taste of what he would do a writer for Stargate SG-1 & Atlantis.

This is probably one of the most frightening Outer Limits Episode of either the old OR new series. Its in my top 3 favorites out of the 3 shows of this genre Night Visions, Twilight Zone, & The Outer Limits. Brad Wright wrote this episode, this episode is just a taste of what he would do a writer for Stargate SG-1 & Atlantis. If you liked this episode you should definitely see Night Visions Episode: "Rest Stop" it has Jerry O'Connel & Amy Jo Johnson (Kimberly from Power Rangers)in a crazy rest stop that ends up resembling Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Also The Twilight Zone (Original Series) Episode: "The Man in the Bottle" featuring Luther Adler in a shocking turn of events from a Genie.
  • One of my favorite episodes of the new Outer Limits - No - actually it is my favorite episode of the entire series!

This is one of my favorite episodes of the entire new Outer Limit series. It was the one episode that I searched for later to see again. At a high level it is an end of the world theme but that does not do it justice. The story takes a very personal view of what the end of the world means to individuals. It is a bitter sweet story of a man facing the end of life on earth. As a long time Science Fiction fan I highly recommend that you see it. I was surprised that it wasn't rated higher.
  • A lonely scientist discovers when the moon suddenly brightens that the sun has gone nova, and that he has only a few hours to live and set right his life.

Based on a short story written by Larry Niven, this is my favorite Outer Limits episode. What would you do if you knew the world was going to end before the night was over? The episode faithfully captures the essence of the short story without filling the story with useless Hollywood melodrama. The acting is quite good, and the special effects are top notch for the day. Anyone who is interested in seeing a worthy adaptation of a classic piece of science fiction literature should find a way to see this episode. Hopefully it will come out on DVD in the near future.