The Outer Limits

Aired Friday 9:00 PM Aug 04, 2001 on Showtime

• Fantastic episode!

I have to disagree with the other reviewer. This is one of the better OLN episodes, I felt. It was creatively done. I must admit, I've never seen any idea like this before. There is an occasional show on getting into other people's minds, but none quite like this one -- for the purpose of healing. So I felt it was very well done. A good cast choice, as well. Many of the actors and actresses I had never seen before, but are from Canada. Did a good job. I also loved Jamie Luner as the choice for the lead female role. She added a lot of spice and life and passion. She reminds me of Elizabeth Mitchell of Lost and one of my favourites, Frequency. Very well done.
  • So bad it's good. Tons of clichés, a slow-paced story, and a few unintentionally hilarious moments.

The episode for me fits into the "so bad it's good" category. I enjoy it, but mostly because it's so cheesy. The love story elements seem forced and cliché, and the mental demons that the main character battles in the minds of other are hilarious, making use of outdated CGI and completely gratuitous backflips (you'll see what I mean). I would love this episode if it were all such great cheese, but unfortunately, there are quite a few slow, plodding parts in this episode that are just plain boring. However, this is the only time I ever saw a backflipping badass preacher turn into a silly-looking CGI monster with giant sharp teeth, and for that alone, I recommend it!