The Outer Limits

Revelations of Becka Paulson

Aired Friday 9:00 PM Jun 06, 1997 on Showtime

6.2
  • This episode had a lot of silliness and goofiness. It didn't have the usual seriousness or edge that Outer Limits shows so often have.

I enjoyed this diversion very much. The main character, Becka Paulson, accidentally shoots herself in the beginning of the episode, but doesn't die or even freak out about what happens. Instead, she puts a Band-Aid over the bullet hole. From this point on, we know we're not watching a realistic plot, but rather a comedic one. She lives in a dumpy trailer house and has a loser and obnoxious husband, but one who's not vicious or violent; he's just an insensitive dolt. He sex scenes between the two are hilarious in her portrayal of boredom and disgust. Much of the episode is spent in her head as she converses with a talking framed photo and plots her revenge. The conclusion is so preposterous, it's a scream. Revelations of Becka Paulson doesn't have the usual science fiction themes or hard-edge twists that OL episodes so often have, but its humor makes up for it.