The Outer Limits

Showtime (ended 2002)

beowulf579

The Outer Limits Fan Reviews (26)

• Not all but many of the episodes have a negative outlook to technology, why?

7.4
    For the longest time, I have had a negative opinion of The Outer Limits because many episodes have a negative outlook on man and technology. This show in many ways is the direct opposite of other Sci-Fi shows, such as the various Star Treks and Stargate. These other shows believe man and technology can - in the end - work together towards the betterment of mankind / all life forms.

The Outer Limits, though, seems to go out of its way to show how man can use technology incorrectly. The writers will even create unrealistic situations to make a negative point or mankind’s struggle is wrong.

Yes, everything is never peaches and cream and warning us of the misuse of our abilities and technology has value. The pendulum in this viewer’s opinion is too far on the negative side for the show to be enjoyable. Yeah, I like positive views on the future.

Excluding this negative viewpoint the production, writing, and episodes are good.