The Outer Limits

Sarcophagus

Aired Friday 9:00 PM Aug 07, 1998 on Showtime

• knew she'd get shot

The ending has already been cited, and it was a heart warming conclussion, but the monolog by the lady seemed too concise in a rushed ending for my liking. At least there were no great plot holes in her story.

1000 years in the future the two are revived and her bullet wound fixed, with aliens and humans now living together. We only see him, her, one other human lady, and an alien doctor who does not speak (grunt like the first one Does not specify if they are still on earth although it would be odd to come out of a cave into the same forest otherwise.

The dead alien was a hero to his people for preserving the 2 human lives (spray from his arms encapulating the humans) as repayment for the 2 protecting him from the gun man at the expense of his own life. We do not know WHEN he was attacked (long ago by a primative people - as shown) or why humans first attacked him but then decided to put him in the burial mound which I assume was for honored dead.

Why a race would have the cocoon spraying ability in two arms is beyond me. Maybe only archeologists had the ability. Mechanical? Is this television or real life in The Outer Limits. :)
  • classic style

good pacing, a little staged and emotionally unreal at times but fine story with a twist ending that's sweet and uplifting, not nasty, just the way i like it. A great outer limits episode in the style of the original, showing the alienation of humans and the humanity of aliens. good pacing, a little staged and emotionally unreal at times but fine story with a twist ending that's sweet and uplifting, not nasty, just the way i like it. A great outer limits episode in the style of the original, showing the alienation of humans and the humanity of aliens.
  • Archeologists find a cocoon in a cave and when one touches it he begins to see scenes of the life of the body inside.

This story was kind of in two parts. Now and the future. And I liked it.

Half way thru I thought - Oh no, just another mans weakness (greed) ruins everything story. But then came the twist in the tale. Namely the Curtis and Natalie Grainger are cocooned and revived a thousand years into the future.

Very nice touch.

It had a good cast although it was a little unnerving seeing Robert Picardo as the baddie.

But it was interesting to see David Cubitt (in the character of Curtis) who is now a favourite of mine in Medium.

Oh, and the City in the Clouds in the future looked a lot like the same thing we\\\'ve seen in Stargate - which I suppose figures since both shows are made in Canada.

All in all, a nice story, but nothing spectacular.