The Outer Limits

Sarcophagus

Aired Friday 9:00 PM Aug 07, 1998 on Showtime

• classic style

good pacing, a little staged and emotionally unreal at times but fine story with a twist ending that's sweet and uplifting, not nasty, just the way i like it. A great outer limits episode in the style of the original, showing the alienation of humans and the humanity of aliens. good pacing, a little staged and emotionally unreal at times but fine story with a twist ending that's sweet and uplifting, not nasty, just the way i like it. A great outer limits episode in the style of the original, showing the alienation of humans and the humanity of aliens.
  • Archeologists find a cocoon in a cave and when one touches it he begins to see scenes of the life of the body inside.

This story was kind of in two parts. Now and the future. And I liked it.

Half way thru I thought - Oh no, just another mans weakness (greed) ruins everything story. But then came the twist in the tale. Namely the Curtis and Natalie Grainger are cocooned and revived a thousand years into the future.

Very nice touch.

It had a good cast although it was a little unnerving seeing Robert Picardo as the baddie.

But it was interesting to see David Cubitt (in the character of Curtis) who is now a favourite of mine in Medium.

Oh, and the City in the Clouds in the future looked a lot like the same thing we\\\'ve seen in Stargate - which I suppose figures since both shows are made in Canada.

All in all, a nice story, but nothing spectacular.