The Pacific Forums

HBO (ended 2010)

Who has the desire to watch the last episode

KITTvsKARR

[1]May 12, 2010
    • level: 9

I feel as though part 9 was all the ending I needed in this series. Part 9 was a closing of the war, and without any character development in the entire series why would I invest an hour watching these men go home. I had hard time going back and watching this show after part 8, that episode alone was a real disappointment. I sat and watched 48 minutes of a drama, to only be let down when Basilon was shot in the last 2 minutes. That episode alone shows that they spent no time in writing to work on character development, Basilone was a non factor in the show and to have him in part 8 was a useless move. Sledge, Luckie etc... had a bigger role in this series then Basilone, and I couldn't figure out why not spend an episode with those characters. With part 10 only a few days left before airing, I do not have the desire or the will to invest an hour into this series.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

danharr

[2]May 12, 2010
    • level: 45

Yes the obvious q and a would be came this far why stop now. As for character development sure they could've made the show longer as the did with BoB but as far as how the characters ended up. The history is what it is. Leckie went home after Peleliu and Basalone after a year of war bonds selling, getting married, and reenlisting was killed the first day of the Iwo Jima assault. Those are the facts what do you want from them to make things up? I agree sticking with Basilone thoughout the series and maybe a few more episodes would've helped the backstory but skipping the voyage home no not me.

antdude

[3]May 13, 2010
    • level: 27
    I will watch it because I got this far. I won't expect anything cool for this last one. Probably no action scenes too.

haldrey

[4]May 15, 2010
    • level: 22
    Of course I will!!!

dennuz

[5]May 16, 2010
    • level: 6

I do! the first two episodes got me looking at a blank screen because of the nightly attacks :-( But #9 got me sitting on the edge of my seat. Too bad the serie has to end now... when it gets interesting.

justinwestnet

[6]May 16, 2010
    • level: 17
    I will. And why are people pissed at JB's death @ Iwo?! He died on the first day! What are they going to show? Him running all over the place dodging bullets for 40 minutes and then show him die? That episode was great.

antdude

[7]May 20, 2010
    • level: 27
    As I expected, slow episode. It's OK.